Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:52 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default 20k can buy an eviction

This fact is all over the net and the bookies are running scared. It is suggested that as little as £20,000 of speed dialled votes can get someone evicted on the VTE basis.

I don't know what the vote tallies are every week, but if someone has an insider in the vote counters office and coupled with the ability to place thousands on line with loads of different bookies, its little wonder that the VTE should be scrapped and VTS re installed to stop betting scams.

On line UK bookies are now limiting bets to small amounts so this says something for whats going on but there are exceptions to the rule and some of the Asian online bookies take serious bets with no qualms because as yet, there have been no reports of confirmed scams.

Are we now at the hands of the scammers out there who ruin our show and before a troll comes on, this isn't about Marc, so please walk on by or as Chloe would say, rock on Tommy, lol.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:04 AM #2

Currently there is a positive market move for Jack Corals have just cut him to 5/1 with Chloe and Joel drifting to 4/1.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:05 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Currently there is a positive market move for Jack Corals have just cut him to 5/1 with Chloe and Joel drifting to 4/1.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:09 AM #4
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Personally I don't think the win markets are that easy to manipulate, its the eviction ones that are targeted due mainly to the VTE.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:12 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
This fact is all over the net and the bookies are running scared. It is suggested that as little as £20,000 of speed dialled votes can get someone evicted on the VTE basis.

I don't know what the vote tallies are every week, but if someone has an insider in the vote counters office and coupled with the ability to place thousands on line with loads of different bookies, its little wonder that the VTE should be scrapped and VTS re installed to stop betting scams.

On line UK bookies are now limiting bets to small amounts so this says something for whats going on but there are exceptions to the rule and some of the Asian online bookies take serious bets with no qualms because as yet, there have been no reports of confirmed scams.

Are we now at the hands of the scammers out there who ruin our show and before a troll comes on, this isn't about Marc, so please walk on by or as Chloe would say, rock on Tommy, lol.
I would like to see the BB voting figures. I believe that there are not great numbers this series. Which is why i was confident that Jade, Simon and Marc would all go in VTE. And Harry will too.

Due to this, i can at least see the chance of a betting scam and what you were saying about now only small bets being taken, it seems the bookies do too.

Last edited by abhorson; 08-07-2015 at 09:13 AM.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:19 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
I would like to see the BB voting figures. I believe that there are not great numbers this series. Which is why i was confident that Jade, Simon and Marc would all go in VTE. And Harry will too.

Due to this, i can at least see the chance of a betting scam and what you were saying about now only small bets being taken, it seems the bookies do too.
I had a £2000 bet on danny to reach the finals way back when, when he was sitting at big odds, so even though I hate him, I saw an opportunity to win money and I took it. I doubt if they would let me lay £20 on such a bet now and I am a VIP customer and I have a track record to go on.

This week will be interesting as the bookies have been virtually wrong on every eviction this year. I can see them refusing odds in the coming weeks if this comes out as being true.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM #7

Quote:
I had a £2000 bet on danny to reach the finals way back when, when he was sitting at big odds, so even though I hate him, I saw an opportunity to win money and I took it. I doubt if they would let me lay £20 on such a bet now and I am a VIP customer and I have a track record to go on.

This week will be interesting as the bookies have been virtually wrong on every eviction this year. I can see them refusing odds in the coming weeks if this comes out as being true.
You paid £2000? What the ****!
Ashley. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 AM #8

Quote:
Personally I don't think the win markets are that easy to manipulate, its the eviction ones that are targeted due mainly to the VTE.
Yes I agree I think Jacks price shortening to win is more likely down to collective smaller amounts of viewers money.Not necessarily out right fans of his but rather those who are starting to sum up what the other contenders have offered during the course of the show and recently.

But a sea of blue is on balance a more positive indication than showing pink.

Much is made about what the producers want and how they might try and influence this via the edits.My take on this RE Jack winning is that they would not be unhappy with this outcome.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:46 AM #9

Quote:

I posted a similar topic last series after an unexpected eviction.

If you look back at the Betting on BB you will see that the Bookie odds on odds on eviction used to be a very reliable indicator of who was going to be Evicted..But as the viewing figure have become lower they have become less and less reliable. for the last 3 years it seems they are wrong more then right.

you could argue that this is just the result in fewer votes as viewer totals have dropped (fewer viewer has to result in few voters) which makes prediction harder to make.

but you could also argue that fewer voters makes the show more susceptible to manipulation as it takes fewer votes to swing the results. This would make it it easier and less expensive for scammers to get the result they want.

But i'm not sure it has to be a betting scam. What is a BB victory worth in Prize money, fees for appearance and opportunities? If it is true 20, 000 pds can swing the vote it maybe worth it to "supporters" of a contestant to manipulate the vote. Just a thought.

Also...as i said the the failure of the betting odds as predictive tool has increased in the last 3 years...It has been occurring with vote to save as well as Vote to evict. If you don't believe me do some research.

if people consider this a problem a different solution is required..perhaps a limit on the number of votes a person (or number or device) can cast.

for me..i think it is is a problem..and it is about marc .... before the eviction he near or above 50% in the popularity polls in a field of 9..and that number had risen by more the 12 points over 5 days..of Facebook a poll the day of eviction showed him with close to 6500 supports (more then 6 times the amount of his closest competitor and 3 times more then the other 3 combined) with a sample size of 8300 this should be a very trust worth indicator of where public opinion is.

if you want the the show to reflect viewer opinions a contestant most popular with near 50% in a field of 9 should not have been evicted ... he should have been in the final 2 and most like won.

Last edited by Griffin5779; 08-07-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Griffin5779 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:21 PM #10
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Old 08-07-2015, 02:24 PM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Strange how only 3 bookies are taking bets and the biggest bets you can lay are around £20.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:43 PM #12

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

I don't care. I don't ever bet on BB and I would never put a huge bet on it. its not even worth it
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:52 PM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I don't care. I don't ever bet on BB and I would never put a huge bet on it. its not even worth it
so why bother posting on a post that you know nothing about and have no interest in ??????
Old 08-07-2015, 02:57 PM #14
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Yeh, nah. Its just an open game cos nobody votes anymore.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:47 PM #15

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Sounds very good, my problem would be if I put a lot of money on someone to win I would be worried BB would disallow the large amounts of votes I would have to put on speed dial.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

BB do not, I repeat, do not, refuse votes because its the main part of their revenue from an on site basis.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:12 PM #17

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
BB do not, I repeat, do not, refuse votes because its the main part of their revenue from an on site basis.
Well then, it looks easy enough to make a few bob if you are in the know.
As long as you have a good bit of spare dosh to start with.
Spoils the game somewha for us poor fans that want our favourites to win
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:23 PM #18

I have a vested interest having backed Sam to go at 6/1 yesterday she is now offered at 8/1 and unless there has been a Harry coup I just don't get this.? Looks like she did herself some good in the endurance task but would this have been enough.She remains the 50/1 outsider to win so why such generous odds for this eviction.?

The past few shows I think Jacks done good on balance.Chloe and Harry less so imo but both will retain loyal supporter's so what am I missing (Apart from 2pts on the price).I am not anti Sam and made the bet on perceived value but I cannot see what she has offered during her time in the house to currently be viewed as the safest RE this eviction.

Last edited by Mick; 08-07-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
20k, buy, eviction