Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-12-2015, 03:43 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default 35% more women than men going to uni

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35111772

women are light years ahead of men at every age in schools and now theyre massively dominating university

there are less than 5% male teachers in junior schools and the fact nearly 50% kids don't live with their fathers, means the kids have no male influence at home or in the classroom..this is massively disadvantaging boys

suicides are over 4 times higher in young men that women too

it is time we embrae equality and fight to ensure men and boys catch up with girls and women....feminisim will never do this as feminism is for womens rights only...feminism must end now and equality must replace it
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:03 AM #2
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35111772

women are light years ahead of men at every age in schools and now theyre massively dominating university

there are less than 5% male teachers in junior schools and the fact nearly 50% kids don't live with their fathers, means the kids have no male influence at home or in the classroom..this is massively disadvantaging boys

it is time we embrae equality and fight to ensure men and boys catch up with girls and women....feminisim will never do this as feminism is for womens rights only...feminism must end now and equality must replace it
To be honest, I feel like a big part of this is actually because boys are far (FAR) more likely to enter into a trade after school than girls are (basically still unheard of) and so girls actually have fewer options? I knew a lot of guys at school who had the grades and ability to go to University but chose to go down the trade apprenticeship route instead. For most of them it was a good choice.

However, I don't know many girls who had the grades for Uni who didn't ultimately go to Uni, because (they feel like) there are fewer alternatives...

I get that there are big differences in male and female learning styles and the education system can be a lottle bit skewed, however, as always, I have less problem with this than I do with the education system constantly pandering to the lowest common denominator (although they claim that they don't... they do... and have been for decades). SO many clever kids failing to reach their academic potential because schools won't effectively divide them by ability because it "might make Little Thick Suzie feel bad". Absolutely nuts.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:05 AM #3
x

Favourites:
CBB21: Shane Jenek

x

Favourites:

my course year is 90% girls

Jay. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:06 AM #4
x

Favourites:

x

Favourites:

Quote:

what has any of this got to do with it

Old 17-12-2015, 09:10 AM #5
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
To be honest, I feel like a big part of this is actually because boys are far (FAR) more likely to enter into a trade after school than girls are (basically still unheard of) and so girls actually have fewer options? I knew a lot of guys at school who had the grades and ability to go to University but chose to go down the trade apprenticeship route instead. For most of them it was a good choice.

However, I don't know many girls who had the grades for Uni who didn't ultimately go to Uni, because (they feel like) there are fewer alternatives...

I get that there are big differences in male and female learning styles and the education system can be a lottle bit skewed, however, as always, I have less problem with this than I do with the education system constantly pandering to the lowest common denominator (although they claim that they don't... they do... and have been for decades). SO many clever kids failing to reach their academic potential because schools won't effectively divide them by ability because it "might make Little Thick Suzie feel bad". Absolutely nuts.
Do you divide them according to ability in secondary school over there? We do here but not in primary, except with reading and spellings etc, the teacher gives different level spellings, reading books according to ability.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:19 AM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
what has any of this got to do with it
I don't understand your question? Im talking about boys and men falling way behind girls and women and boys being left behind , they often then fall off the rails into drugs and even suicide , the young male suicide rates are the highest of all time. Its all interconnected as no one seems to care about boys and young men. feminism is a movement to help girls and women and push their agenda at the expense of boys and men.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:23 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post

its way more than skewed young boys are light years behind , mainly because of feminism and the disappearance of male teachers and fathers. its tragic to see boys just dismissed and ignored this way. for schools and teachers to assume theyre going to join a trade is wrong and profoundly sexist. they deserve every bit as good a chance as girls. this is a massive ticking timebomb. the more young boys get ignored , passed over devalued, the angrier and more depressed and alienated they become. that means they don't fulfil potential they often turn to self harm, crime and even serious violence. Its up to MEN though to shout down feminism now once and for all and replace it equality and equal opportunity
Old 17-12-2015, 09:23 AM #8
x

Favourites:

x

Favourites:

Quote:
I don't understand your question? Im talking about boys and men falling way behind girls and women and boys being left behind , they often then fall off the rails into drugs and even suicide , the young male suicide rates are the highest of all time. Its all interconnected as no one seems to care about boys and young men. feminism is a movement to help girls and women and push their agenda at the expense of boys and men.
this is almost stereotyping though, obviously there must be some reason why, but i doubt it's drugs and suicide.

Old 17-12-2015, 09:25 AM #9
User banned

User banned

Quote:
this is almost stereotyping though, obviously there must be some reason why, but i doubt it's drugs and suicide.
again you've misundererstood my point. Its not drugs and suicide that leads to exam failure...its the school failure for boys, failure to get educated which often leads to their social problems and drink drugs , bad company and in some cases suicide
Old 17-12-2015, 09:25 AM #10

So, in two sentences you've jumped from a lot more girls attending university than boys to comparing it to the higher suicide rates in young men?

Are you actually going to provide a credible argument which links these two statistics?

Are you suggesting more men are committing suicide due to not attending university?

Your male vs female rantings get very tiresome.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 09:27 AM #11
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
So, in two sentences you've jumped from a lot more girls attending university than boys to comparing it to the higher suicide rates in young men?

Are you actually going to provide a credible argument which links these two statistics?

Are you suggesting more men are committing suicide due to not attending university?

Your male vs female rantings get very tiresome.

The usual false dichotomy from you zzzz the only thing tiresome here is your insincere replies where you deliberately try to derail and misinterpret threads because of your misandry
Old 17-12-2015, 09:27 AM #12

Quote:
The usual false dichotomy from you zzzz the only thing tiresome here is your insincere replies where you deliberately try to derail and misinterpret threads because of your misandry
So instead of backing up your ludicrous thread you've jumped to a third and fourth ridiculous statement with zero back up. Ok.
Old 17-12-2015, 09:30 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
So instead of backing up your ludicrous thread you've jumped to a third and fourth ridiculous statement with zero back up. Ok.
No that's not what Ive done at all, youre lying and misrepresenting as always , try following the thread and the topic for once instead of ruining it for everyone
Old 17-12-2015, 09:31 AM #14
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
its way more than skewed young boys are light years behind , mainly because of feminism and the disappearance of male teachers and fathers. its tragic to see boys just dismissed and ignored this way. for schools and teachers to assume theyre going to join a trade is wrong and profoundly sexist. they deserve every bit as good a chance as girls. this is a massive ticking timebomb. the more young boys get ignored , passed over devalued, the angrier and more depressed and alienated they become. that means they don't fulfil potential they often turn to self harm, crime and even serious violence. Its up to MEN though to shout down feminism now once and for all and replace it equality and equal opportunity
What do you mean by this? Are you saying boys are being encouraged not to do their work in school and not to go to University? lol I have kids at school going age and that is just not true

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 17-12-2015, 09:54 AM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasNeeve View Post
What do you mean by this? Are you saying boys are being encouraged not to do their work in school and not to go to University? lol I have kids at school going age and that is just not true
glad you find it so funny?
the only thing untrue is your misinterpretation of what Ive said
Old 17-12-2015, 09:56 AM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
glad you find it so funny?
the only thing untrue is your misinterpretation of what Ive said
I find it funny because it's not true, I have a son and a daughter and they both get equal interest and input from their teachers in school.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 17-12-2015, 10:00 AM #17

Quote:
No that's not what Ive done at all, youre lying and misrepresenting as always , try following the thread and the topic for once instead of ruining it for everyone
Try creating a topic to begin with instead of throwing a load of sh*t in one post and trying (and failing) to make them relevant to one another to somehow spell out how the world is run by women and men are being stifled.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:05 AM #18
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
They leave themselves behind, the education system is taught the same way to both sexes and if boys want to learn they will there has to be some culpability, everyone has to take responsibility for their future.
Feminism was about equal opportunities nothing more.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:06 AM #19
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
my course year is 90% girls
The girls must be devastated

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 10:12 AM #20
0_o

0_o

Lads walk into jobs/apprenticeships after school which girls find it hard to do. From my experience and people I know anyway. Males are much more likely to go into plumbing, bricklaying and the likes which do not require education as such but manual labour and learning on the job.

I fail to see the link between suicides and university attendance no matter how much I try
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 10:17 AM #21
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Lads walk into jobs/apprenticeships after school which girls find it hard to do. From my experience and people I know anyway. Males are much more likely to go into plumbing, bricklaying and the likes which do not require education as such but manual labour and learning on the job.

I fail to see the link between suicides and university attendance no matter how much I try
Your female brain isn't large enough to wrap itself around this concept I suppose

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 10:18 AM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

My son is 11 years old and already he's convinced he want to join the Police, I'm constantly saying to him, well you have to put the work in incase you change your mind and want to go to University but he's adamant that's what he wants to do. My daughter on the otherhand is 100% sure she wants to go to University, she's really into her studies, I actually have to tell her to take breaks she's that into it, she's not sure what she even wants to do career wise yet but she's sure she's going to University anyway. They've both been raised in the same house by the same parents and been encouraged in the same way

Saying that, my son is still only 11 so he might change his mind on the Police thing, I think it's because he's obsessed with guns lol eventhough the Irish Police don't even carry guns

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 17-12-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:21 AM #23
x

Favourites:

x

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas View Post
The girls must be devastated

it's not like it's even a girly subject, basically communication, media and english lmao

Old 17-12-2015, 10:27 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasNeeve View Post
My son is 11 years old and already he's convinced he want to join the Police, I'm constantly saying to him, well you have to put the work in incase you change your mind and want to go to University but he's adamant that's what he wants to do. My daughter on the otherhand is 100% sure she wants to go to University, she's really into her studies, I actually have to tell her to take breaks she's that into it, she's not sure what she even wants to do career wise yet but she's sure she's going to University anyway. They've both been raised in the same house by the same parents and been encouraged in the same way

Saying that, my son is still only 11 so he might change his mind on the Police thing, I think it's because he's obsessed with guns lol eventhough the Irish Police don't even carry guns
Tell him there's a global recruitment agency that are taking people on. They carry guns. I forget the name of the organisation.
Old 17-12-2015, 10:28 AM #25
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Tell him there's a global recruitment agency that are taking people on. They carry guns. I forget the name of the organisation.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
35%, men, uni, women