Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 28-08-2012, 08:17 PM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Stop this BS once and for all.

We as a nation have a fine tradition of being both liberal and fair at the same time. Our judicial system is based on a Judge and jury system and if you dont know how it works its simple.

An accused comes before the court (just like our HM,s come on the tv)

Their background is offered to the jury (we see what is what in living colour)

They get the right to defend themselves by virtue of a lawyer (they dont need a lawyer on here, they tell or show us what they are by their actions)

They get to offer past history to offer a defence (they once again dont need to do this as most are known for their action becasue they live in the public eye)

They offer a defence when under scrutiny or when charged of an offence (we get to see how they act and they get to defend their actions verbally and under no pressure)

The jury then decides if they are guilty or not by voting. (we get to vote them off if we think they are guilty or shouldnt be there)

Just like a trial by jury, we are the jurors and they are the accused/contestants, and it up to them if they play a game or play it straight, we make our judgements based on the perponderance of the evidence put before us.

Some may judge this eveidence differently, some will defend because they live a similar life style, some are swayed by beauty or actions, some have different sexual views (gay, lesbian, hetro, transgender etc etc) some are puritanical and some are just straight and normal (no particular strong views either way or) In short we all have a different way of viewing someone. We tend to lable people in different ways and have simple views that others agree or disagree with.

Some call Danica a *****, some call her a free spirit, some like and some hate her lifestyle but in all cases we make our minds up based on everything we have before us. Some say julie is a game player some say she is straight. Girls like mike or hate him based on his actions or are swayed by his aura or fame. We all see things differently but in short and to this end, WE ALL ARE CAPABLE OF FORMING AN OPINION and those that try to lampoon us for these views are bullies and fools that get their kicks out of pooing on anyone that doesent follow their line of thought.

I end up getting barred sometimes by going up against these people but my fault is that I see them as advisaries as opposed to fellow posters generally because they attack me and i bite back. If nobody bit we would all be better off for it but some people thrive of conflict and thats why we watch this series.

Some of the excuses flying round this forum regarding certain HM,s is not just pathetic, its rediculous, but there again, inteligent people dont need to defend some statements as they stand up alone in the face of scrutiny. My stand alones are Julie is a gamer, Danica is a *****, Rhian is a prick tease, Ashly is a pest and Coleen flits from branch to branch looking for a pass to the final. Some will disagree but they are my thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by sampvt; 28-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:29 PM #2

Favourites:
BB13: Caroline

Favourites:

I agree with everything except Ashley being a pest and Rhian being a *****
gravity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:32 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Cool story bro
Old 28-08-2012, 08:40 PM #4
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I agree with everything except Ashley being a pest and Rhian being a *****
I called Rhian a pricktease, i would never call her a *****.

Last edited by sampvt; 28-08-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:40 PM #5
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Pretty boring story. You should add dragons and stuff

Last edited by Withano; 28-08-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:42 PM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother3232 View Post
Dont need to mate, most people on here dont need these juvinile things. We like t read plain english devoid of childish crap, Never been into them myself.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:45 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Old 28-08-2012, 11:09 PM #8
-

-

Quote:
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:47 PM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

Sampvt you should call BOTS tonight and offer your thought provoking analysis
gravity is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:50 PM #10
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Sampvt you should call BOTS tonight and offer your thought provoking analysis
Gravity they wouldnt listen to an old fart like me. My contributions are biased towards right and civility. They only want tarts and hooker stories and nobs that defend *****s and slag off icons. I dont fit the profile. Ill ask the wife to phone jamie and put on a Danica act, but he would probably blow her off, lol.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:50 PM #11

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
We as a nation have a fine tradition of being both liberal and fair at the same time. Our judicial system is based on a Judge and jury system and if you dont know how it works its simple.

They get the right to defend themselves by virtue of a lawyer (they dont need a lawyer on here, they tell or show us what they are by their actions)

They get to offer past history to offer a defence (they once again dont need to do this as most are known for their action becasue they live in the public eye)

They offer a defence when under scrutiny or when charged of an offence (we get to see how they act and they get to defend their actions verbally and under no pressure)

The jury then decides if they are guilty or not by voting. (we get to vote them off if we think they are guilty or shouldnt be there)

Just like a trial by jury, we are the jurors and they are the accused/contestants, and it up to them if they play a game or play it straight, we make our judgements based on the perponderance of the evidence put before us.

Some may judge this eveidence differently, some will defend because they live a similar life style, some are swayed by beauty or actions, some have different sexual views (gay, lesbian, hetro, transgender etc etc) some are puritanical and some are just straight and normal (no particular strong views either way or) In short we all have a different way of viewing someone. We tend to lable people in different ways and have simple views that others agree or disagree with.

Some call Danica a *****, some call her a free spirit, some like and some hate her lifestyle but in all cases we make our minds up based on everything we have before us. Some say julie is a game player some say she is straight. Girls like mike or hate him based on his actions or are swayed by his aura or fame. We all see things differently but in short and to this end, WE ALL ARE CAPABLE OF FORMING AN OPINION and those that try to lampoon us for these views are bullies and fools that get their kicks out of pooing on anyone that doesent follow their line of thought.

I end up getting barred sometimes by going up against these people but my fault is that I see them as advisaries as opposed to fellow posters generally because they attack me and i bite back. If nobody bit we would all be better off for it but some people thrive of conflict and thats why we watch this series.

Some of the excuses flying round this forum regarding certain HM,s is not just pathetic, its rediculous, but there again, inteligent people dont need to defend some statements as they stand up alone in the face of scrutiny. My stand alones are Julie is a gamer, Danica is a *****, Rhian is a prick tease, Ashly is a pest and Coleen flits from branch to branch looking for a pass to the final. Some will disagree but they are my thoughts and opinions.
Interesting Post comparing The CBB HM to the accused in a court of law (a Jury court) , the parallels are there although the accuseds past record is not allowed to be disclosed to the Jury if it does not have any direct relevance to the case in question, as that could prejudice the jury.

The case with Danica is interesting as she admitted her seedy livelihood and I think the court of CBB's viewers are trying to decide how to interpret her actions. Does she prostitute herself - Yes she sells sexual services for money, Is she a Prostitute - Maybe, as technically she does not engage in sexual acts with Clients (to our knowledge).Its a tough one to call, and I think it may come down to personal values and beliefs.

I personally find her actions immoral,illegal,immature and would have no hesitation in calling her a *****, in fact as I've stated in previous posts she is committing in my mind a criminal act of fraud by conning/scammng vulnerable lonely people out of their hard earned cash. I would like to see her behind bars.

The other HM's I tend to agree with your sentiments.

Finally as regards other Posters who take an opposite view then OK fine i'm happy to hear their arguement, but I think we need to defend our corner as our views are reasonably well conceived and require defending/explaining. I don't subscribe however for the discussion to become a personal attack on other posters who do not share my view.

I will explain my point to the very best of my abilty and then if we end up in a stalemate, I would reluctantly agree to differ.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:54 PM #12
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Interesting Post comparing The CBB HM to the accused in a court of law (a Jury court) , the parallels are there although the accuseds past record is not allowed to be disclosed to the Jury if it does not have any direct relevance to the case in question, as that could prejudice the jury.

The case with Danica is interesting as she admitted her seedy livelihood and I think the court of CBB's viewers are trying to decide how to interpret her actions. Does she prostitute herself - Yes she sells sexual services for money, Is she a Prostitute - Maybe, as technically she does not engage in sexual acts with Clients (to our knowledge).Its a tough one to call, and I think it may come down to personal values and beliefs.

I personally find her actions immoral,illegal,immature and would have no hesitation in calling her a *****, in fact as I've stated in previous posts she is committing in my mind a criminal act of fraud by conning/scammng vulnerable lonely people out of their hard earned cash. I would like to see her behind bars.

The other HM's I tend to agree with your sentiments.

Finally as regards other Posters who take an opposite view then OK fine i'm happy to hear their arguement, but I think we need to defend our corner as our views are reasonably well conceived and require defending/explaining. I don't subscribe however for the discussion to become a personal attack on other posters who do not share my view.

I will explain my point to the very best of my abilty and then if we end up in a stalemate, I would reluctantly agree to differ.

OMG Nedusa, I used to think you were a self righteous prat but Ive changed my mind now, I really like you now. What a lovely retort. good on you mate and congrats on a well constructed post as well.
Old 28-08-2012, 09:01 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
OMG Nedusa, I used to think you were a self righteous prat but Ive changed my mind now, I really like you now. What a lovely retort. good on you mate and congrats on a well constructed post as well.
Thanks Sam,
Wasn't sure how we got our lines crossed last time, cos when I read your posts back I was in agreement with pretty much all of it..........
Old 28-08-2012, 09:03 PM #14
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Interesting Post comparing The CBB HM to the accused in a court of law (a Jury court) , the parallels are there although the accuseds past record is not allowed to be disclosed to the Jury if it does not have any direct relevance to the case in question, as that could prejudice the jury....
The past record of the accused is sometimes allowed to be disclosed. Let's say that for this particular trial, records are available. I kind of like the analogy.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 09:09 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The past record of the accused is sometimes allowed to be disclosed. Let's say that for this particular trial, records are available. I kind of like the analogy.
Thanks guys for the nice words of support, i am not used to it, I am more used to a good fight and getting barred, lol. Anyway upward and outward as they say and a by the way comment......Livia as a legal eagle are you not wrong when you say past and prior bad acts are inadmissable in court prior to sentencing. I studied law once but opted out and went golfing.
Old 28-08-2012, 10:32 PM #16

Quote:
Sorry but if shes a prostitute then so is Rhian and so was Jasmine. So also is Harvey for that matter. Please look up the definition of prostitution, if you apply those definitions to Danica they can be just as easily applied to about 40% of the other HMs and a good 30% of all previous CBB contestants for that matter... Danica is being judged VERY harshly compared to say Harvey who is total scum and has ruined womens lives and a childs life.

Its blatant sexism at work, and jealousy.
RodHull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:41 PM #17
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodHull View Post
Sorry but if shes a prostitute then so is Rhian and so was Jasmine. So also is Harvey for that matter. Please look up the definition of prostitution, if you apply those definitions to Danica they can be just as easily applied to about 40% of the other HMs and a good 30% of all previous CBB contestants for that matter... Danica is being judged VERY harshly compared to say Harvey who is total scum and has ruined womens lives and a childs life.

Prostitution: The act of soliciting and accepting payment for sex acts; the corrupt use of talents for financial gain.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:07 PM #18
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by livia View Post
prostitution: The act of soliciting and accepting payment for sex acts; the corrupt use of talents for financial gain.
exactly
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:46 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodHull View Post

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying, my post was dealing in the main with Danica and how we the viewing public interpret her actions and how close they compare with true definition of prostitution.

How can Harvey , Rhian and all the other HM be classed in any way as prostitutes ??

Could you re post your post with a bit more explanation of the points you are attempting to make.
Old 28-08-2012, 08:50 PM #20
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

I agree with all of those opinions, spot on sam

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:57 PM #21
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Quote:

I enjoy your posts and I agree with your opinions
Old 28-08-2012, 10:48 PM #22
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana

tl;dr
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:49 PM #23
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Is anyone else like me, when they see posts which resemble an A4 typed sheet, I immediately dismiss it as pure self indulgence...so sorry cant say whether it was a good or bad post.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:59 PM #24
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
Is anyone else like me, when they see posts which resemble an A4 typed sheet, I immediately dismiss it as pure self indulgence...so sorry cant say whether it was a good or bad post.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:02 PM #25
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Thanks for letting us know.
Your welcome.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bs, stop