Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:52 PM #26
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Some people never learn.

It's quite easy to stay alive. Look at us!
Only 150,000 people die every day whilst nearly 7 billion of us manage to stay alive. There's really no excuse for this tiny minority, and if they think it'll get them out of paying their PayPal bill then they're living in La La Land. PC gone mad.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:53 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Only 150,000 people die every day whilst nearly 7 billion of us manage to stay alive. There's really no excuse for this tiny minority, and if they think it'll get them out of paying their PayPal bill then they're living in La La Land. PC gone mad.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:15 PM #28
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Why did I read this as Pav Paul

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:19 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Why did I read this as Pav Paul
BB15
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:55 AM #30
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I dislike Paypal (but use sparingly). Someone was able to open a credit card account in my name using a bad birthday and no SS# provided... it came to my address though, so I called and closed it for fraud. Also they're pretty rude over customer support... I had some other issue that I can't remember years later, but it left a bad taste in my mouth... it's sad because I used to be a seller on Ebay and enjoyed being one. It helped pay my cell note when I was much younger and I remember when it was a new new thing and "money market" actually gave back a very nice return... now they have a decent grip on the market, so they can do pretty much anything they want...

Ebay is helpful though for getting ahold of OEM parts or other random things that can't be bought or found through "traditional" channels... bought an MSI laptop and it needed a small repair and I was able to buy the piece from that seller after emailing them... since I noticed they had access to some parts in their shop that I couldn't get any other way.

Last edited by Maru; 12-07-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:07 AM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
A couple of weeks after my husband died I received an email from Aviva to my account, addressed to him, asking what would happen if he died with no life insurance. The fact that both our lives had been insured with Aviva for years and that I'd told them that he had died. This sh1t happens. It's upsetting at the time but it's laziness rather than vindictiveness.

...something similar (ish) happened when my dad died, Liv...it was the day after he died...it wasn’t a big ‘faceless’ company like PayPal or Aviva...it was to do with a holiday he and my mum had booked, the details aren’t really important...but from very young ages, we’re all familiar with anger...anger is something we can cope with more than grief...those crippling feelings of grief for a close loved one is something we don’t experience much in our lives, compared to anger...so at the time, I felt so many emotions...from thinking this person who valued the dollar more than a human life and the grief a family was going through was just the lowest of the low in terms of their character...to thinking I would go right up there and punch him on the nose...anyway, I think it was just really that distracting and focusing from my grief was just easier to cope with in those angry moments...?...I had never lost a dad before so all kinds of feelings I wasn’t ready to face yet...if I had faced them at the time, if I had not had that anger to divert my focus...?...maybe I would never have stood up again...maybe I would never have found a way to put one step in front of another...I probably would but it would have been much more difficult...the pain of losing someone so close and so loved is just so unbearable...

...anyways my dad used to always (annoyingly) say....’things happen for a reason’...that was kind of one of his life philosophies...and really he was right...that demand for money because death is no excuse for unpaid bills, type thing...helped me in having something I could focus more familiar angry feelings into....without that and with only feelings of loss...?...well, I’m just so thankful that there wasn’t a ‘without that’...don’t you hate it when a parent is always right......

...atm this poor guy has and has had something to focus on with PayPal and being angry with PayPal...at a time when grief may have been all consuming for him with the loss of his wife...so yeah, things do sometimes happen for a reason....?....’the greed of others can help you’...

Last edited by Ammi; 12-07-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
breached, customer, death, paypal, rules, told