Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

View Poll Results: Aliens Exist?
YES I BELIEVE THE HYPE 13 40.63%
YES I BELIEVE THE HYPE
13 40.63%
NO DON'T BE SILLY 3 9.38%
NO DON'T BE SILLY
3 9.38%
NOT SURE 1 3.13%
NOT SURE
1 3.13%
I BELIEVE IN OTHER LIFE FORMS 15 46.88%
I BELIEVE IN OTHER LIFE FORMS
15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-07-2018, 12:09 AM #26
A great thief

A great thief

Yes duh
Old 25-07-2018, 12:10 AM #27
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

I'm an alien

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 12:42 AM #28

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
I read an article not too long ago that said something about there being a possibility we are the only life...? (that life was much rare than thought)... but yeah, I still think there's a possibility
That can't be true where did they get that source from OK it's saying "possibility" ?!! , but this huge universe and we're the only ones ? I find that very unlikely .

Last edited by GoldHeart; 25-07-2018 at 12:44 AM.
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 01:48 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Do you remember the specific bit of research that led you to believe we’re being watched, or can you explain it?

And why dont they like our murderous ways?

Are they interested in the other murderous animals on earth, or just us?

I have so many questions!

This entire subject is vast and complex but I'll gladly enter a discourse on this subject with you, Withano - if you are interested.

It will take lots of posts but might keep us out of trouble on SD

To start with:

I believe in God and Christ and I also believe that we are NOT the only species which God created in the universe and that some 'Alien' species are much, much older than we are.

Unlike most 'Ancient Alien' proponents, however, who believe that God was 'supertechnological' and not supernatural (God WAS an 'Alien Astronaut', in other words) I believe that the Earth was visited regularly in its distant past at various times by both God and what we term 'Angels', as well as by many of the different Alien species which God created.

Our - relatively - 'primitive' ancestors struggled to make sense of both these types of visitations and could only relate to them within the limited parameters of both their experience and language, in much the same way that a primitive Papua New Guinea native seeing a modern aeroplane in the sky for the first time cannot understand exactly what it is - even if told by some missionary - but does know what a metal speartip is and what a bird is, so this experience becomes; 'Metal bird which flies through the sky'. Or a steam train thundering past a 19th-century Plains Indian in the Old 'Wild West' became; 'Iron Horse'.

I believe that a rich and accurate historical record of ACTUAL occurrences exists today in our Bibles and secular myths and legends, but I also believe that 'Religious' experiences and 'Alien Visitation' experiences have become sometimes confused and some intertwining over thousands of years of oral tradition and subsequent writing down of the same has occurred.

Anyway, back to your question, Withano:

Think about this:

Any civilisation capable of interstellar flight HAS to be both immensely ancient and to have achieved a technology far in advance of ours.

I believe that by the very fact that such a civilisation has survived to evolve to such a stage without destroying themselves and their planet, means that long ago they must have transcended any aggressive and hostile tendencies and war became a thing of the past.

So though I believe that there are diverse Alien civilisations out there, I do not believe that any which have evolved to still be around and to have interstellar flight would be anything like H.G. Well's Martian's in 'War of The Worlds' or Gene Roddenberry's fearsome 'Klingons' but would, instead, be highly advanced beings who were pacifist as a result of evolution.

Now imagine such a 'benign' technologically advanced species who did embark on interstellar flights encountering a planet much like their home-world and inhabited by primitive beings who were much like them in their very distant past - wouldn't they want to help them?

In Clarke's '2001; A Space Oddysey', at the dawn-of-mankind, there are two tribes of 'man-apes'; the dominant, savage, physically-superior tribe led by a battle-scarred warrior-ape called 'One-Eye' and the inferior tribe led by a non-violent ape called 'Moon-Watcher' who had a glimmer of intelligence.

One Eye's tribe controls the water-hole and violently drive Moon-Watcher's tribe away from it whenever they try to drink there.

Then a black Monolith descends from the sky and both tribes flee in panic, but Moon-Watcher hides behind a rock watching the monolith until his curiosity proves greater than his fear and he goes to the monolith and touches it.

Cut to a child-like Moon-Watcher playing with some long-dead animal bones and he picks up a femur then hits it against one of the other bones, and THIS is THE dawn of Mankind, THE very moment that Moon-Watcher realises that this bone is NOT a plaything but an extension of his own puny arm - a WEAPON with which to defeat One-Eye.

Moon-Watcher leads his tribe to the water-hole where One-Eye and his tribe are drinking, a fight ensues and Moon-Watcher clubs One-Eye to death with the femur.

This is Clarke's fictional depiction of how a technologically superior 'Alien' civilisation (the Monolith) gave Man an 'evolutionary leap forward', but I believe that THIS is pretty much what has occurred in our ancient past - that Aliens regularly visited the Earth at different times in its history to give us an 'evolutionary leap forward' by help and instruction.

There are just too many legends of the same theme from all parts of the globe and just too many inexplicable artefacts which do not fit into the 'accepted' historical and archaeological narrative, in addition to all the thousands of colossal stone megaliths in ancient structures around the world which are of a size and weight which would defy the best of our machines to even move today.

Now, just as an electric or gas fire is not created without a guard and Safety Instructions or a motor vehicle without brakes and an Operating Manual by any intelligent designer, NO intellectually and technologically superior alien race is going to hand primitive cultures knowledge without leaving them a 'blueprint' and checking upon just what they are actually doing with this new 'leap-forward' and I believe that this is just why UFO's have been recorded as visiting the Earth for thousands of years right up to the present - they are watching what their 'bastards' are up to.

I do not think that the results of this surveillance will end well for us if we take a different path to our pacifist benefactors as we evolve, and here is why:

I do not recall if it was Erich Von Daniken - the 'Father' of Ancient Astronaut theory himself - who used the following analogy, or one similar, which I have expanded on, but:

Imagine you and your species are living on a hundred beautiful tropical islands where your species has lived for millions of years or more.

You are that highly evolved that you have had no war or crime for tens of millennia, and all the zillion trillions of pounds saved by such abolitions have been invested instead over many thousands of years into medical research, food technology, and longevity, with the result that all disease has been conquered, the ageing process dramatically slowed and food shortages are also a thing of the distant past.

You would - in effect - have Paradise.

Now further imagine that an island 10 nautical miles away from you is inhabited by various creatures; tigers, lions, cheetah's, and - at the bottom of the food chain - a type of primitive ape-like creatures who you are monitoring through a series of powerful telescopes and who are in danger of becoming extinct.

You send over a team to 'educate' these primitive apes - teach them how to use clubs to defend themselves so they can survive.

Time passes and the Ape-likes become TOP of the food chain but are also using their 'gifted' weapons to kill each other.

As more time passes and these Ape-likes evolve, they still kill each other but in greater numbers, first with swords, then guns, until it becomes obvious that these savages are NEVER going to change their homicidal ways.

You may regret helping them to survive, but you are not worried because they are 10 miles from you.

But one day they start to BUILD BOATS.

Would you ALLOW these barbaric, warring maniacs to SPREAD like cancer to all your beautiful peaceful paradise islands?

NO. You will instead use the highly technical weaponry which you have not needed or wanted to use for millennia but still possess, and you will blow the savages and their island to oblivion.

This is why - in my opinion - UFO's have a recorded history of being more active around military installations, Space Centres, Nuclear weapons testing sites, and Nuclear power plants and especially when there have been major escalations in military conflicts around the world.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 06:24 AM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):

Wow that was a really interesting and goosebumpy read kirk!
Old 25-07-2018, 07:27 AM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Being religious I suppose yes I do believe in Aliens but not the whole martian driving a ufo etc that movies lead us on with

Basically like a game of chinese whispers stories change the more people tell them things get exaggerated or told wrong

If i was reading a book where some lady was visited in her home by an alien who told her its master was to impregnate her womb where its offspring would go she would have to bring this offspring up until it knew who it actually was and it would spread a message across the world of how to be saved if they got to know its master and it would have to be killed in order to save them that would creep me out

If we change that to the book being the bible, the lady to mary; the alien to the angel gabriel, the offspring to Jesus and its master to God then that is something I would be able tp get my head around

Which to think of is quite strange, most of us if religious can get around some of the strange things that occured in the bible and things like angels

But cant get our heads around aliens

But to be honest I reckon they could maybe be the same

I believe angels did visit people especially in bible times and obviously for most people that would have been hard to understand so as the story went on like a chinese whisper this subject turned to aliens, if you think about it the words alien and angel arent too different if it were a game of chinese whispers and we know what power angels had so maybe thats why people feared aliens

As for the universe, the bible mentions numerous times how God can name every single star he very much cares for the universe, when we think of heaven where do we picture it? There are myriads of angels too so where would these reside thinking how powerful they are, im starting to think thats what the rest of the universe is for

If you take the religious aspect out of it there has to be other intelligent lifeforms, our technology alone has seemed to come from nowhere its crazy the level of technology we have now compared to say 15/20 years ago. We carry robots around in our hands every day your probably holding one now reading off it. Who would have thought say 30/40 years ago we would be at that stage, if we saw back then what technology we had today we probably would even call ourselves alien

So it isnt really that hard to get your head around that other intelligent lifeforms exist

I mean i hope so, millions of us spend hours talking about a bunch of people we have never met on holiday together wondering whether they are each others types on paper meanwhile turning a blind eye to war, refugees, starvation, poverty and homelessness as its simply not that important to us...so yeah i hope there is other life out there as im losing hope with the human race

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 25-07-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Strictly Jake is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 08:46 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
I'm an alien

Spunky
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 08:51 AM #33
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

That was a really good read Kirk, really interesting theory and some food for thought for the morning

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 09:21 AM #34
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Oh I also enjoyed that Kirk. I was gonna make a lengthy response back, but its great the way that it is. I don’t think you need to add anything.

I was personally sort of under the illusion that no civilisation can possibly stabilise when theres a fight for power. Like, if there was an advanced civilisation, I believe they would have done the alien-equivalent to nuking each other, possibly even before we existed.

I don’t think we’ll ever become the ‘overwatching-eye’ of any intelligent civilisation other than our own for the same reason. I doubt humans will last another 200 years, and we’re gonna need a few millennia to sort out space travel, find a planet, and spy on them.

But I really enjoyed an opposing theory, especially one that well-thought-out.
Old 25-07-2018, 09:24 AM #35
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Same Withano, not unless we evolve into something else, something better

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 10:33 AM #36

I'm 50-50 on whether aliens exist somewhere in the universe.

I'll quote two posts from when this topic has come up before (here - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=9071915).

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Fermi paradox questions why we have no evidence of alien intelligence given the universe is billions of years old, and it would only take a fraction of that time for a sufficiently advanced civilisation to traverse, say, the Milky Way galaxy. Maybe we are the only instance in the universe of life or intelligence starting? We can't rule that out.....
Quote:
One of the reasons I have some doubts (now) about intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe is that on Earth simple single-cell life started quite quickly, after conditions became right, but it took about 2 billion years for eukaryotic cells to come about which led to complex living organisms, and scientists think that this only happened because of a single chance encounter.

There's this Brian Cox video where he explains it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p029n23h
The video is from 26m 30s here

James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 11:40 AM #37

Yes Cox proving there is NO God
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 11:48 AM #38

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
The HISTORICAL evidence for alien visitations to Earth is irrefutable, and the circumstantial evidence that many of our myths and legends stem from these encounters is wholly compelling.

I also believe that we are currently being closely monitored by super-technologically advanced alien civiliations and that the outcome if we - as a race - do not mend our murderous ways will not be good news for us.
This is probably the closest to my belief Kirk, and I do think it's probably too late for us as a human species,lets face it ,with all the knowledge and things we have created you would think we would have moved on from some of the primitive deeds that we do,we know we are destroying the planet,but it seems not many of us care, I think we are too greedy and selfish to survive as we are now,those who are monitoring us must be dismayed or laughing their socks off. I think we will eventually annihilate ourselves, and all through greed and selfishness.So, yes we are being watched.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 25-07-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 01:18 PM #39

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Yes, we are the aliens.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 01:26 PM #40
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Yes, we are the aliens.
Old 25-07-2018, 01:30 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
explain?
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 01:40 PM #42
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

i believe in other life forms for sure, why not, like if we can exist, other life forms on other planets can also exist i think, with their own habitats and ecosystems

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 07:58 PM #43
-

-

People hugely underestimate the vastness of the universe... And there's also a very real possibility that the universe is yet another speck in an infinite expanse of universes. Its on a scale that the human mind just isn't cut out to really comprehend.

Basically; not only is it likely that there is other life, but the sheer vastness makes it highly UNlikely that there aren't aliens somewhere out there that are approximately the same as humans. Possibly not in this galaxy, but there are unimaginable numbers of galaxies.

That said; faster than light travel may well be physically impossible, and if that's the case, then travelling between galaxies would be basically impossible also, no matter how advanced any alien race becomes.

So the universe might be absolutely full of life... With most of it never actually making contact with another intelligent species.

Of course, again, the vastness means that it's statistically likely that somewhere out there, there's a solar system with two or more planets hosting intelligent life. Some species get all the fun
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 09:03 PM #44
-

-

Quote:
I'm 50-50 on whether aliens exist somewhere in the universe.

I'll quote two posts from when this topic has come up before (here - http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?p=9071915).

The video is from 26m 30s here

Again though talking about the galaxy totally underestimates the vastness of the universe. Even if we were the only intelligent life in the galaxy, and even if life came to be on earth by infanitesimally small chance, that still underestimates the scope of existence. Our galaxy is a speck of dust on an unimaginably massive canvas, and even the tiniest freak circumstance stretched out to a scale of (potentially) near-infinity becomes commonplace.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 09:04 PM #45
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I hope if there are aliens they are more like the Xenomorphs from the Alien films rather than super intelligent beings
Old 25-07-2018, 09:20 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Again though talking about the galaxy totally underestimates the vastness of the universe. Even if we were the only intelligent life in the galaxy, and even if life came to be on earth by infanitesimally small chance, that still underestimates the scope of existence. Our galaxy is a speck of dust on an unimaginably massive canvas, and even the tiniest freak circumstance stretched out to a scale of (potentially) near-infinity becomes commonplace.
I agree with both your posts T.S. - especially that man's brain is not capable of REALLY comprehending the sheer vastness of even the KNOWN universe.

I read that there are more 'galaxies' than there are grains of sand on EVERY beach and in EVERY quarry in the world.

Similarly, our brains are incapable at this present time of fully grasping the concept of Faster Than Light space travel, but SOME alien species have had interstellar flight for thousand of our years because they have left their 'footprints' all over our world throughout thousands of years.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aliens