Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 31-07-2018, 09:10 AM #51
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...but some young people haven’t learned it by now..they might not have had a responsible parent or adult in their lives to have given that talking to about being a human being with human values...and that’s the thing... that’s a role that a community police officer had when there were such things...to sit them right down and give that talking to if it was felt it was needed...and also to try to direct those nasty whatever’s in other focuses of helping a community...hence ‘prevent’ being a huge priority for me in funding application...it just may have prevented this lady having had to experience this awful thing...maybe it wouldn’t have..?...but it possibly could have while also building moral values into young people who have not had someone to sit them down in their lives...

...I don’t excuse...I’m going to make that very clear...I do not excuse their behaviour which is why if prevention of that behaviour and those mindsets and morals is possible, is changeable in any way...that’s a path to be looked at with more funding...

Is this not touched on in education Ammi? even if there isn't adequate parental supervision?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:18 AM #52

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

They knew that assaulting a random woman with flour and eggs and then posting the picture on social media was the wrong thing to but they did it anyway because they're nasty dicks, no amount of extra community funding or whatever would have changed that. We just have to give them the harshest punishment possible and hope that they change their ways I guess.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:24 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Is this not touched on in education Ammi? even if there isn't adequate parental supervision?
..yes of course, Cherie...but the cutbacks are there as well though as you know..less experienced teachers of ‘the old ways of mentoring’ and guiding in favour of the cheaper teacher who will adhere more to data and favourable statistics instead...there are great teachers both older generation and younger generation but the methods of teaching are adhering more and more to government directives if teachers want to pursue a teaching career...data, data, data etc...individuality is being phased out by the government cutbacks in schools...anyway there was only ever so much a school was capable of in terms of moral guidance if there was no parental guidance or other guidance in an environment of a child...and social care with families..CAFS..?...well, that’s almost impossible these days with funding to get any attention of a family in need of ‘supervision’ from any social service organisation...the balance of anything positive just isn’t there in a child’s life anymore, sadly...through all of that child’s life stages...

...I’m a lady of leisure now and don’t have to touch these things daily in the same way...and maybe I should just let go of prevent stuff..?.....but I just can’t it’s too ingrained in me in my belief in it ...that it really can make a difference...not for all but for some...

Last edited by Ammi; 31-07-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:28 AM #54
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..yes of course, Cherie...but the cutbacks are there as well though as you know..less experienced teachers of ‘the old ways of mentoring’ and guiding in favour of the cheaper teacher who will adhere more to data and favourable statistics as well ...there are great teachers both older generation and younger generation but the methods of teaching are adhering more and more to government directives if teachers want to pursue a teaching career...data, data, data etc...individuality is being phased out by the government cutbacks in schools...anyway there was only ever so much a school was capable of in terms of moral guidance if there was no parental guidance or other guidance in an environment of a child...and social care with families..CAFS..?...well, that’s almost impossible these days with funding to get any attention of a family in need of ‘supervision’ from any social service organisation...the balance of anything positive just isn’t there in a child’s life anymore, sadly...through all of that child’s life stages...

...I’m a lady of leisure now and don’t have to touch these things daily in the same way...and maybe I should just let go of prevent stuff..?.....but I just can’t it’s too ingrained in me in my belief in it ...that it really can make a difference...not for all but for some...

We will have to agree to disagree Ammi, I think learning right from wrong is just part of schooling, not necessarily a taught thing, but more role modelling and interaction with your peers and your teachers, I think most people know right from wrong by the time they leave primary, unless there is a learning difficulty.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:32 AM #55
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree Ammi, I think learning right from wrong is just part of schooling, not necessarily a taught thing, but more role modelling and interaction with your peers and your teachers, I think most people know right from wrong by the time they leave primary, unless there is a learning difficulty.
I can't disagree with Cherie on this. They know it's wrong to intimidate and humiliate someone like that, especially someone disabled and more vulnerable than most. She's an easy target and they're bullies, they specifically chose someone like her because she's less likely to be able to retaliate or defend herself, that's pretty calculated and nasty. Right from wrong my arse (sorry Ammi)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:33 AM #56
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
..that’s cool, Cherie...I never expected any agreement in my own thoughts at all with this or anything else, I was just giving my own personal thoughts is all...I don’t feel that community policing is needed for those most people who do know right from wrong by the time they leave primary etc...but it may help prevent for those that slip through the net, whether there be learning difficulties or not...
Old 31-07-2018, 09:35 AM #57
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I can't disagree with Cherie on this. They know it's wrong to intimidate and humiliate someone like that, especially someone disabled and more vulnerable than most. She's an easy target and they're bullies, they specifically chose someone like her because she's less likely to be able to retaliate or defend herself, that's pretty calculated and nasty. Right from wrong my arse (sorry Ammi)
......don’t apologise Niamh...your thoughts and feelings on this are as valid as mine and I completely understand what you’re saying....

Last edited by Ammi; 31-07-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 31-07-2018, 09:39 AM #58

Quote:
......don’t apologise Niamh...your thoughts and feelings on this are as valid as mine and I completely understand what you’re saying....
Don't let her off that easy!

Get ha!
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 09:41 AM #59
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...anyways I’m not in anyway excusing their actions or overlooking their intentions in how nasty they behaved with no moral values at all..and I hope they get many, many, many hours of community service in their punishment which might make them better human beings in their moral values....not a definite but a hopefully...
Old 31-07-2018, 09:43 AM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Don't let her off that easy!

Get ha!
....awww but I adore her though...please don’t ask that of me, Marsh...PLEASE...

...(..if it’s any comfort I adore you as well so I let you off lots of times because of that....)...
Old 31-07-2018, 09:47 AM #61
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...anyways I’m not in anyway excusing their actions or overlooking their intentions in how nasty they behaved with no moral values at all..and I hope they get many, many, many hours of community service in their punishment which might make them better human beings in their moral values....not a definite but a hopefully...
Yeah cases like these I do agree some sort of relevant community service could be better than jail time. Maybe something that would help them change how they view and deal with people especially those weaker and more vulnerable than themselves. Time in prison would only make them worse I think

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 31-07-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:08 AM #62
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Police now protect the Feral kids
reports say

Typical twisting of the situation by the sun to enflame a situation rather than just reporting on it.

It's standard procedure to not reveal the identities of defendants that are under the age of 18 and if there's a threat of vigilantism, which there is in this case because people are ignorant enough to think that violence is a good answer to this, then the police have a duty to try to prevent that.

The police aren't protecting these bastards, they are protecting people from their own stupidity.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:14 AM #63
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Typical twisting of the situation by the sun to enflame a situation rather than just reporting on it.

It's standard procedure to not reveal the identities of defendants that are under the age of 18 and if there's a threat of vigilantism, which there is in this case because people are ignorant enough to think that violence is a good answer to this, then the police have a duty to try to prevent that.

The police aren't protecting these bastards, they are protecting people from their own stupidity.
I agree
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 12:08 PM #64
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Agree, the knee jerk reaction to attack the attackers is not helpful in an ongoing police investigation is it?
Old 31-07-2018, 03:52 PM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Agree, the knee jerk reaction to attack the attackers is not helpful in an ongoing police investigation is it?
A 'Knee-Jerk' reaction is possible following ONE specific and usually shocking incident, but THIS particular type of incident is now becoming so commonplace that the cries for the perpetrators to be given a taste of their own crime or worse - though fuelled by anger and outrage - is not any 'Knee-Jerk' reaction but the cries of ordinary decent citizens who have long had enough of these ignorant, anti-social bastards being handled with kid-gloves by those in authority whom they feel have abandoned them.

Don't take MY word for it - go out and talk to citizens all over the UK.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 31-07-2018 at 03:53 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 03:55 PM #66

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

A perfect punishment would be the stocks.

See how they like it...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 03:59 PM #67

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
I'm glad the kids are being exposed nationally for the nasty people that they are. It must suck for the woman though to have the no doubt humiliating photo of her with flour all over her being published all over the country.
They aint being exposed though richard, they are just little boys and must be protected.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 04:11 PM #68
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
A 'Knee-Jerk' reaction is possible following ONE specific and usually shocking incident, but THIS particular type of incident is now becoming so commonplace that the cries for the perpetrators to be given a taste of their own crime or worse - though fuelled by anger and outrage - is not any 'Knee-Jerk' reaction but the cries of ordinary decent citizens who have long had enough of these ignorant, anti-social bastards being handled with kid-gloves by those in authority whom they feel have abandoned them.

Don't take MY word for it - go out and talk to citizens all over the UK.
It is a knee-jerk reaction, mob justice is still mob justice and vigilantism should be resigned to the realms of fiction.

Too many people are quick to wish for violence in situations like this, how long until people begin to act and target the wrong person? It's such a slippery road and it pains me to see so many people so willing to slide backwards just to sate their bloodlust. I've seen it all day on FB, it's just grim.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 04:15 PM #69

Quote:
It is a knee-jerk reaction, mob justice is still mob justice and vigilantism should be resigned to the realms of fiction.

Too many people are quick to wish for violence in situations like this, how long until people begin to act and target the wrong person? It's such a slippery road and it pains me to see so many people so willing to slide backwards just to sate their bloodlust. I've seen it all day on FB, it's just grim.

Yes its typical of Facebook
they are not to be trusted on news , anymore
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
asks, covered, eggs, flour, suffolkwhy, vulnerable, woman