Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:36 PM #76
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand.kay View Post
Right literally nobody asked him for this. Even the woman who interviewed him was not expecting the interview to take this turn. Like I said before in his interview he was giving an example of how he's sought out revenge in the past and framed the story in a way that made out that his problem was just him being angry and irrational as opposed to him being a literal racist.
Yeah exactly

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:12 AM #77
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I think Whoopie, a long-time friend of Neeson, has got a good handle on this. She's not got caught up on the awful knee-jerk reaction that a lot of people have and bless her for being a voice of reason amongst the hysteria.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...-a4059541.html
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:34 AM #78
-

-

Honestly I think there's a real problem at the moment. No one wants to talk about the grim realities of human psychology, the dualities of it, the contradictory opinions and internal struggle that everyone has just within their own mind let alone expanded outwards. No one seems to have any interest in the nuanced complexities of human existence... no one is interested in whether a person can be a bad person and get better. No one will even consider the uncomfortable notion that some people - I would hazard to say, MOST people - are "a good person" and "a bad person" all at the same time. Even most of the worst people.

The idea of morality has become polarised in society and yet absolute in the individual... and it's not working at all. "He said a thing! He is bad man! End!". But when it comes right down to it... everyone has at least one thing that would end up with them being lumped into that same category by a good percentage of people .

If someone is trying to be a little more considerate and thoughtful today than they were yesterday, I think that's all that really matters when it comes down to it.

/ ramble.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:39 AM #79
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I mean I agree with you to a point TS but I absolutely agree with Armand too that when Liam was defending himself in the 2nd interview it seemed like he was almost not realising the part that was the worst of it? But yeah conversation about it shouldn't be shut down at all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 07-02-2019, 10:14 AM #80
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Honestly I think there's a real problem at the moment. No one wants to talk about the grim realities of human psychology, the dualities of it, the contradictory opinions and internal struggle that everyone has just within their own mind let alone expanded outwards. No one seems to have any interest in the nuanced complexities of human existence... no one is interested in whether a person can be a bad person and get better. No one will even consider the uncomfortable notion that some people - I would hazard to say, MOST people - are "a good person" and "a bad person" all at the same time. Even most of the worst people.

The idea of morality has become polarised in society and yet absolute in the individual... and it's not working at all. "He said a thing! He is bad man! End!". But when it comes right down to it... everyone has at least one thing that would end up with them being lumped into that same category by a good percentage of people .

If someone is trying to be a little more considerate and thoughtful today than they were yesterday, I think that's all that really matters when it comes down to it.

/ ramble.
Sentence of the thread for me.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:25 AM #81
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I mean I agree with you to a point TS but I absolutely agree with Armand too that when Liam was defending himself in the 2nd interview it seemed like he was almost not realising the part that was the worst of it? But yeah conversation about it shouldn't be shut down at all
It wasn't really a thought through argument, my mind is flying all over the place this morning ... but I was more thinking of people's reactions than what he has actually said. I don't think he's handled it well but I suppose, almost the same way, he seems to have been rambling and just letting thoughts fly in these interviews for some reason...

I guess I just think there's a sort of overall idea that goes around (especially when it comes to the online world, talking about celebrities and things like that) where people have started to act as though there isn't darkness in every single person, and there's so much judgement, with so much "omg how could this person say / think this awful thing" when every person saying that knows that they have thought awful things. I dunno. Like I said, rambling . I guess my thoughts on this will become something coherent at some point??
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:33 AM #82
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It wasn't really a thought through argument, my mind is flying all over the place this morning ... but I was more thinking of people's reactions than what he has actually said. I don't think he's handled it well but I suppose, almost the same way, he seems to have been rambling and just letting thoughts fly in these interviews for some reason...

I guess I just think there's a sort of overall idea that goes around (especially when it comes to the online world, talking about celebrities and things like that) where people have started to act as though there isn't darkness in every single person, and there's so much judgement, with so much "omg how could this person say / think this awful thing" when every person saying that knows that they have thought awful things. I dunno. Like I said, rambling . I guess my thoughts on this will become something coherent at some point??
No I get what you're saying. Not to sound too much like an oldie but I do think social media has an awful lot to do with that and with how we present ourselves has taken over how people really are? Like everything is a front? Opinions people have maybe a bit preachy and not exactly how we live our lives but rather how we'd like other people to think we do? On FB we only put out the photos and information we want people to know about us etc People are becoming less real almost

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-02-2019, 10:36 AM #83
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:

/ ramble.
Can't say i agree with that, because at the end of the day its just more words/thoughts. If someone goes out looking to kill someone and then a few years later says, of course I'm a much better person now, i couldn't possibly do that .... where is the proof

Edit: If i said that a few years ago I went out looking to drink the blood of young virgins .... but that was years ago .... I wouldn't do it now .... would I be considered as having become a better person?

Last edited by bitontheslide; 07-02-2019 at 10:43 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:55 AM #84
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm so glad it's only really people in show business that get this "thought crime" treatment. Saying that things you've done in the past are just as relevant as stuff you do now you're older and wiser... well, that means that no one is ever going to be rehabilitated, that there is no hope for people who committed actual crimes when they were younger and that you're damned for all time.

And while some people are absolutely outraged about this, people are actually dying through war and through want. I hope when we get over this non-event, some more thought will be put into stuff that's actually happened and not just something someone said or felt in the past.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
basd, black, kill, liam, neeson, reveals, revenge, streets, walked