Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 29-11-2007, 08:03 PM #51

Heres something enteresting for everyone. My SCIENCE teacher (who is a DR in some sort of science) used to be a MONK, and still has a deep relationship with God and the practice of the Catholic church. He seems to have the answer to alot of questions where Religion and Science clash, incluing some really good, well thought answers.

I think actually, in the past 2 - 3 years (since Ive started high school) my relationship with God has deepened. (partly with help from my science teacher) and I will definatly be taking RE as a GCSE next year.

For me, science will always come after RE. I am a Christian, and its almost comforting knowing there is a God.

The sad thing is, that if there is a God, unfortunatly the non beleivers will not get into heaven. Thats the worst part for me, which is why I try to get as many friends to beleive in God as possible. Luckily, all of my family beleives in God!
Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 08:09 PM #52
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Conor
The sad thing is, that if there is a God, unfortunatly the non beleivers will not get into heaven. Thats the worst part for me, which is why I try to get as many friends to beleive in God as possible. Luckily, all of my family beleives in God!
That's their problem, I'm a christian too and everyone told me that everyone will go to Heaven, beleiver or not, God takes everyone. I'm not going to force make people beliving in something they don't want to.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 10:53 PM #53

Sun worshippers.... for that is all they are.
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 11:00 PM #54

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

so if i dont believe in god then i wont go to heaven because for me thats scary becuase i have a sort of 'what if attitude' i half believe half dont
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 11:25 PM #55
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

I heard this somewhere (no idea if it's true) but if you are baptized that means you go to heaven. Being a believer doesn't matter or not.

Maybe someone can clarify
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 12:23 AM #56

Quote:
Originally posted by Conor
Heres something enteresting for everyone. My SCIENCE teacher (who is a DR in some sort of science) used to be a MONK, and still has a deep relationship with God and the practice of the Catholic church. He seems to have the answer to alot of questions where Religion and Science clash, incluing some really good, well thought answers.

I think actually, in the past 2 - 3 years (since Ive started high school) my relationship with God has deepened. (partly with help from my science teacher) and I will definatly be taking RE as a GCSE next year.

For me, science will always come after RE. I am a Christian, and its almost comforting knowing there is a God.

To me that sounds like nothing more than a whole load of scaremongering, being almost forced to believe in God for the fear of not going to heaven.Those sort of beliefs really don't sit well with me because there is no factual evidence to even back up that belief.

I really don't know how people get so sucked in by what is essentially unproven theories.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 02:11 AM #57

"And I never thought of that strangely enough Dr43%er , but a well made point."

A: If he does exist, god made beer. So I have no idea what point I may have made.

B:"unfortunatly the non beleivers will not get into heaven."

As I believe in heaven as much as I believe in God, this is not really a problem for me.

That is what I hate about religion. For some reason you want to make me believe or all is not right in the world. Why can you not be happy for me not to believe? Forgive me.

Oh, Conor. Putting SCIENTIST and MONK in big letters does not make it so. All you have is a scientist that is not very good at his job.

Was it you that was so down recently that you were talking of killing your self? (the ultimate sin according to you lot) Why would an all loving god let you get to that point? Why would he let people take the piss out of you? Why would he let someone who thinks he is a bag "O" shite be the good person who tries to help you?
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 05:58 AM #58
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Mark
I heard this somewhere (no idea if it's true) but if you are baptized that means you go to heaven. Being a believer doesn't matter or not.

Maybe someone can clarify
God accepts everyone. Once, a friend of mine who is not a beleiver, has been with me to the Church, he wanted to know what happens. And everybody told him that God accepts everyone from everywhere, there is no difference.
Old 30-11-2007, 01:01 PM #59

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr43%er
I would still rather have my own say. Me and my sister were left to make up our own minds regardless of our parents thoughts. I have decided that there is to much hate in the world for there to be a god. My sister is a Muslim. I will respect her religious beliefs round hers, but then she must respect my beliefs if she is round mine. So if I want a bacon sandwich washed down with a beer whilst she is round, then I will. Like wise I will only eat Halal round hers.

Agreed. People should have a free soul to decide for themselves and not submit to generational brainwashing from elders.....Parents or otherwise........

One can still respect parents while having a mind of ones own......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 01:06 PM #60

My position is simply i don't know but think highly unlikely. Belief in a god is fair enough what fouls up this world is the belief in the cultures that come with a belief in god.

Religious cultures of this planet are a curse mankind has inflicted upon itself needlessly and will in good time destroy us all..

Metorites in the past might have destroyed the other beasts but the power of the control freak minds will and is destroying us
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 06:49 PM #61
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Unfortunately for your prioritys , science is proveable.

As for your scaremongering tactics of getting people to convert , Christianity states that God wants to accept EVERYONE in to the kingdom of heavan. Those who do not worship but have still led a good life will get their chance to move up from Hotel Purgatorio.

Besides , aint he a God of forgiveness?
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM #62

Eveyones forgeting, it says in the bible. which was passed on word by word from God to man that anyone who doesnt beleive in him/practice his religion will not get into heaven.

If I try to help convert people, it may save another life from frying in hell.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM #63

Quote:

I took RS, and I'm an athiest. It's very good, and interesting, even if I don't believe in any of it.

As for saying we're all going to fry in hell;; I doubt that concerns anyone you're trying to convert, because we know it's not real *shrug*

Retroman has again said everything I think, and the point about not worshipping other Gods was really good as well.
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:25 PM #64

i dont belive in God.
im the only person in my class who doesnt belive in a holy figure and lots of re lessons the teachers and pupils have been trying to convince me but what they say makes me belive it less. it just seems crazy to me.
:)tom:) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:56 PM #65
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Eveyones forgeting, it says in the bible. which was passed on word by word from God to man that anyone who doesnt beleive in him/practice his religion will not get into heaven.
Im guessing you have not read the bible. And if you do intend to live your life exactly by the bible , have fun being a homophobic , sibbling slaying sheep.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 PM #66

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
have fun being a homophobic , sibbling slaying sheep.
Lol...
I decided to take that in a literal sense for a moment, it was rather amusing.

As in a gay hating, baby killing sheep.
Let's just say, if you saw what I saw in my mind, you'd have laughed too, I think? >_<

Anyhow, I don't think it's fair to impose your views to such an extent Conor.

No matter how strongly you believe, it's not your duty to try and convert. Plus you're not exactly saving lives from frying anywhere, since they'd be dead by the time they reached hell.

Plus I think it's rather self involved for people to think they're saving others from eternal damnation...it's like some form of superhero complex.

Just sounds like another reason to give christians a sense of self worth, by thinking they're saving the world/more important/have more meaningful lives.

Also, has god announced anything on whether he accepts people into heaven who started off on the wrong path, then decided to convert?

Because that'd be even more brilliant for all those people out there who love conveniance.

They could convert at the age of 80, or perhaps on their death beds =] wonderful.
Retroman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 PM #67

Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
Im guessing you have not read the bible. And if you do intend to live your life exactly by the bible , have fun being a homophobic , sibbling slaying sheep.
I actually have. And I will have fun being a homophobic , sibbling and slaying sheep.

Ive just finished the topic in school, we learnt all about it.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:06 PM #68
Nah

Nah

Quote:
anyone who doesnt beleive in him/practice his religion will not get into heaven.
Then you didn't read it. Everyone will be aloud to Heaven. God forgives and accepts everyone. You should know that.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:20 PM #69

Sorry everyone, but at school I definatly was taught, any one who doesnt beleive in God will not get into heaven, and will be punished for it, despite our school being intergrated. I know it caused a bit of conflict between parents, but thats about it.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:24 PM #70

Christianitys odd, in that I can't understand why people can believe something that is so clearly an exaggerated fabrication.

Yeah, a while ago, there was probably this guy called Jesus, who did something that at the time was amazing (NOT these miracles we hear people talking about it) As a result of this, people claimed he was the son of God.

Skip forward thousands of years, and it's been exaggerated so much that millions of people choose to take it as fact.
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 PM #71

Quote:
Originally posted by dupin
Christianitys odd, in that I can't understand why people can believe something that is so clearly an exaggerated fabrication.

Yeah, a while ago, there was probably this guy called Jesus, who did something that at the time was amazing (NOT these miracles we hear people talking about it) As a result of this, people claimed he was the son of God.

Skip forward thousands of years, and it's been exaggerated so much that millions of people choose to take it as fact.
See, my theory is someone learned him how to give mouth to mouth...and he helped someone stay alive. Or maybe he even had very basic medical training and that part was deliberately left out in order to convince people he was a miracle worker lol.

I did also watch a documentary in which they discussed the fact there was a carpenter named Jesus around that time. They mentioned some kind of "records" etc etc, none of which we were allowed to look at so we could see actual proof.
Retroman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:41 PM #72
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Conor
Sorry everyone, but at school I definatly was taught, any one who doesnt beleive in God will not get into heaven, and will be punished for it, despite our school being intergrated. I know it caused a bit of conflict between parents, but thats about it.
I've been in a christian school for 4 years and they never told us that people who don't believe in God will be punished. This is all the contrary.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 PM #73
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Quote:
I actually have. And I will have fun being a homophobic , sibbling and slaying sheep.

Ive just finished the topic in school, we learnt all about it.
Yeah. Religion class is the perfect , unbiased , grown up , all-encompassing solution to learning about Religion .

God forgives everyone. He wants to love everyone. Thats what Christianity teaches. Why else would he have supposedly sent his only son to his death?

In christianity , those who have do not believe will get their chance to repent in purgatory and advance to the kingdom of heavan. What else would it be for?

Either they teached you like rubbish or you listened like rubbish.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:45 PM #74

Quote:
Sounds like your teacher has an obvious agenda to try and brainwash people into believing in God .
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:02 PM #75
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Stu

Either they teached you like rubbish or you listened like rubbish.
Indeed, God never claimed that.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
god