Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Love Island ITV2's reality show, Love Island, presented by Laura Whitmore.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 PM #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleleen View Post
You and others dont like gifs, I and others do. People can prefer things!

I see this thread isn’t boring you anymore
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 PM #77

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Yes it is....Posting Gifs just shows an inability to discuss.
But is that any different to you putting a "" to me when I asked who is putting Curtis down? I mean, it is moving, so it's technically a gif

Quote:

The thing is, rusticgal, you just come off as super hostile for seemingly no reason, and it seems only when you're challenged is when you change your tune, which is a shame because you would have a valid point and would have actually ignited a mature, healthy conversation if you simply posted something along the lines of, "so he's went for a career change? Good for him. Morgan, do you have a problem with Curtis' career change? If so, why?". But what did your first few posts consist of?

Quote:
The shows finished...it’s a bit sad you are still interested in him really. Whatever he does he will make a fair amount of money off the back of LI.
Quote:
The difference being is I’m not looking or following what they are doing now ..but I guess you don’t recognise the difference which isn’t surprising...stalker.
So for no reason you decided to call Morgan 'sad' and a 'stalker'.

Actually, you only changed your tune/mentioned how bad it is for Morgan to nitpick his career change AFTER someone said they wished he had a great career. The cynical part of me wants to believe that you simply changed your tune to have a valid point (since it's odd to me that you do have quite a big problem with Morgan's words - but didn't in your first few posts, instead belittling Morgan for posting news about a celebrity) but I'll take your word for it, that you did feel strongly about it. And I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that if you approached it in a better way without throwing out insults, but here we are. I'm not gonna deny you (and I doubt anyone will) the right to challenge Morgan based on how you saw his comment (I didn't see a problem with it, doesn't mean you can't - keep in mind I asked who is, not "no one is!" and dismissive of your comment when I asked who was putting Curtis down) but you lose all credibility when you insult people straight off the bat (and it wasn't even relevant to your point/problem with Morgan's original post - they were just sly digs that added nothing to a conversation). I'll say it again, it's a common occurrence. Just the other day I saw you call RileyH a dummy for simply asking a question. Why do it?

I've noticed that this is a trend - you backtrack on what you say a bit to turn it so you sound better. If you can't articulate your thoughts properly and find yourself needing to clarify and you aren't doing this consistently for the sake of taking the upper ground, then that's sort of understandable, but in this case you insulted Morgan for no reason. It just comes off as petty tbh, and super unnecessary.
There's also the problem of the fact you had such an issue with him posting news about a celebrity after the show finished. Why didn't you call sleleen a stalker for posting news about Maura's This Morning slot just around an hour ago? http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...=#post10648581

I also fail to understand where your line of "it's okay to say bad things about someone when they're in the villa" versus "it's bad to say bad things about someone when they're out of the villa" blurs. Even if Morgan was being purposely malicious about Curtis in the OP, I would (and I'm sure others) argue that you've said worse about other islanders mere days before his posts. That's where the lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy comes in and that, of course, makes it harder to take any insult you make to Morgan being 'obsessed'... laughable really alol.

Quote:
Its when some people get a kick out of others failure to achieve and find it funny.
By the way, I'm curious - are you saying his career change is a 'failure to achieve'?

Last edited by Ant.; 02-08-2019 at 11:56 PM.
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:53 PM #78
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
slé

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Julie
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
I see this thread isn’t boring you anymore
Your coming for me so of course I’m going to respond
Old 03-08-2019, 12:01 AM #79
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...and I responded to Sle in discussion. I simply find Gifs a cop out in any kind of debate. To post a Gif that insinuates this is a tiresome thread is deemed rude and I’m sure if Sle had his opinion under criticism he would be defending it too.
You did reply to ant with just which can be seen as rude and same as using a gif

Really this thread should be about Curtis’s reception role and not starting an argument that’s going to go round in circles so yes it’s getting tiresome, something so small has been made out into a big issue when it didn’t need to be.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 03-08-2019 at 12:01 AM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:34 AM #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
But is that any different to you putting a "" to me when I asked who is putting Curtis down? I mean, it is moving, so it's technically a gif

The thing is, rusticgal, you just come off as super hostile for seemingly no reason, and it seems only when you're challenged is when you change your tune, which is a shame because you would have a valid point and would have actually ignited a mature, healthy conversation if you simply posted something along the lines of, "so he's went for a career change? Good for him. Morgan, do you have a problem with Curtis' career change? If so, why?". But what did your first few posts consist of?

So for no reason you decided to call Morgan 'sad' and a 'stalker'.

Actually, you only changed your tune/mentioned how bad it is for Morgan to nitpick his career change AFTER someone said they wished he had a great career. The cynical part of me wants to believe that you simply changed your tune to have a valid point (since it's odd to me that you do have quite a big problem with Morgan's words - but didn't in your first few posts, instead belittling Morgan for posting news about a celebrity) but I'll take your word for it, that you did feel strongly about it. And I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that if you approached it in a better way without throwing out insults, but here we are. I'm not gonna deny you (and I doubt anyone will) the right to challenge Morgan based on how you saw his comment (I didn't see a problem with it, doesn't mean you can't - keep in mind I asked who is, not "no one is!" and dismissive of your comment when I asked who was putting Curtis down) but you lose all credibility when you insult people straight off the bat (and it wasn't even relevant to your point/problem with Morgan's original post - they were just sly digs that added nothing to a conversation). I'll say it again, it's a common occurrence. Just the other day I saw you call RileyH a dummy for simply asking a question. Why do it?

I've noticed that this is a trend - you backtrack on what you say a bit to turn it so you sound better. If you can't articulate your thoughts properly and find yourself needing to clarify and you aren't doing this consistently for the sake of taking the upper ground, then that's sort of understandable, but in this case you insulted Morgan for no reason. It just comes off as petty tbh, and super unnecessary.
There's also the problem of the fact you had such an issue with him posting news about a celebrity after the show finished. Why didn't you call sleleen a stalker for posting news about Maura's This Morning slot just around an hour ago? http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...=#post10648581

I also fail to understand where your line of "it's okay to say bad things about someone when they're in the villa" versus "it's bad to say bad things about someone when they're out of the villa" blurs. Even if Morgan was being purposely malicious about Curtis in the OP, I would (and I'm sure others) argue that you've said worse about other islanders mere days before his posts. That's where the lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy comes in and that, of course, makes it harder to take any insult you make to Morgan being 'obsessed'... laughable really alol.

By the way, I'm curious - are you saying his career change is a 'failure to achieve'?

I haven’t insulted Morgan...I have just reacted to the nature of his post which was showing enjoyment at the fact Curtis was going onto bigger and better things as ‘a receptionist’... I didn’t like that. It was a put down...it was meant in no other way and you know it. I wasn’t a massive Curtis fan at the end but whoever I liked or disliked became irrelevant after the show as they all added to the enjoyment of it for you and me alike and I wish them all the best in their future off the back of this show.
I did backtrack on my initial post because as I responded to Sle, I can understand people still wanting to discuss LI contestants as it’s hard to suddenly stop talking about a show that we have been discussing for weeks..that’s the only point I backtracked...but I maintained my point of ridicule targeted at Curtis.
When people are in the villa..it’s no different to BB, we pass comment and judge them on their behaviour. Once it’s over, it’s over for me, I simply come on here to read posts and comment.
I’m not a hostile person...but if someone gets hostile with me then I respond. Some posters on here are extremely hostile and unnecessarily vile and personal about people on these reality shows...and it’s unecessary and uncalled for...I hate it.
...as for the ‘patting’ gesture...that’s because I found it really hard to accept that anyone didn’t see the post as anything but a put down...to me it was a desire to refuse to see something that was blatantly obvious in defence of a friend. If I got that wrong then I apologise but as you know on social media things don’t always come across how they are meant.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:44 AM #81

[QUOTE=LukeB;10648638]

Really this thread should be about Curtis’s reception role/QUOTE]

...you mean to mock it. That was the sole purpose of this thread and you know it. I have made my point so feel free to discuss it.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:50 AM #82

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I haven’t insulted Morgan...I have just reacted to the nature of his post which was showing enjoyment at the fact Curtis was going onto bigger and better things as ‘a receptionist’... I didn’t like that. It was a put down...it was meant in no other way and you know it. I wasn’t a massive Curtis fan at the end but whoever I liked or disliked became irrelevant after the show as they all added to the enjoyment of it for you and me alike and I wish them all the best in their future off the back of this show.
I did backtrack on my initial post because as I responded to Sle, I can understand people still wanting to discuss LI contestants as it’s hard to suddenly stop talking about a show that we have been discussing for weeks..that’s the only point I backtracked...but I maintained my point of ridicule targeted at Curtis.
When people are in the villa..it’s no different to BB, we pass comment and judge them on their behaviour. Once it’s over, it’s over for me, I simply come on here to read posts and comment.
I’m not a hostile person...but if someone gets hostile with me then I respond. Some posters on here are extremely hostile and unnecessarily vile and personal about people on these reality shows...and it’s unecessary and uncalled for...I hate it.
...as for the ‘patting’ gesture...that’s because I found it really hard to accept that anyone didn’t see the post as anything but a put down...to me it was a desire to refuse to see something that was blatantly obvious in defence of a friend. If I got that wrong then I apologise but as you know on social media things don’t always come across how they are meant.
Genuine question; how is calling Morgan 'sad' and a 'stalker' not qualify as insulting?
"and you know it" well I clearly don't.
So I'm just going to pretend I understand your point of how it's okay that people are allowed to insult islanders on-season, but the moment it's two days off-season, a comment that can wasn't meant maliciously can be scrutinised? We do make judgements on the islanders, true, but do those judgements become invalid because they're on our newsfeed, Instagram, ads, and other TV shows? If it does, why?
Tbh rusticgal I'm glad you have issue with the unnecessary vile behaviour but you haven't been perfect on on-season. Nothing wrong with that, we all get like that, but I hope you're aware of that and you recognise that
Again, as I said, I don't see it as offensive, but that doesn't mean you can't. I literally said if you do, you have the right to challenge him appropriately. But it seems you're backtracking a bit, because you're saying, "you know how on social media things don't always come across as they're meant to" yet you came for me for simply asking you who was doing what you said. But aye

I'm still a bit confused how it's okay for you to post a gif/just an emoticon but sle can't?
Old 03-08-2019, 01:02 AM #83
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:

...you mean to mock it. That was the sole purpose of this thread and you know it. I have made my point so feel free to discuss it.
I do think calling people sad and stalkers was unnecessary they are better ways of saying stuff but even if they were ‘mocking it’, why does it bother you so much? Only person that should be bothered is Curtis but i doubt he cares. Be interesting to see what you be like when people make threads about whoever splits up.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 03-08-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:11 AM #84
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

But anyway good luck to him

Spoiler:

Old 03-08-2019, 10:01 AM #85

Quote:
Genuine question; how is calling Morgan 'sad' and a 'stalker' not qualify as insulting?
"and you know it" well I clearly don't.
So I'm just going to pretend I understand your point of how it's okay that people are allowed to insult islanders on-season, but the moment it's two days off-season, a comment that can wasn't meant maliciously can be scrutinised? We do make judgements on the islanders, true, but do those judgements become invalid because they're on our newsfeed, Instagram, ads, and other TV shows? If it does, why?
Tbh rusticgal I'm glad you have issue with the unnecessary vile behaviour but you haven't been perfect on on-season. Nothing wrong with that, we all get like that, but I hope you're aware of that and you recognise that
Again, as I said, I don't see it as offensive, but that doesn't mean you can't. I literally said if you do, you have the right to challenge him appropriately. But it seems you're backtracking a bit, because you're saying, "you know how on social media things don't always come across as they're meant to" yet you came for me for simply asking you who was doing what you said. But aye

I'm still a bit confused how it's okay for you to post a gif/just an emoticon but sle can't?
I retracted the 'sad' claim when I said I got the continuation of discussion. It was said in the heat of the moment because I didn't like the mocking tone.
The 'stalker' comment was not said to Morgan it was a response to someone else who enjoys having a pop at me wherever she can even though she adds nothing to the debate...the very person who makes vile personal comments only fit for a school playground. So you actually have that fact wrong.
I am not backtracking on anything I have said apart from 1 thing so plaease don't make out I am. I could say Morgan has backtracked on his original reason for posting...which I respect.
I stand by everything I have said and I have nothing more to add...sorry it still baffles you. Peoples attitudes baffle me sometimes..its just life I guess.

Last edited by rusticgal; 03-08-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
But anyway good luck to him

Exactly....
Old 03-08-2019, 10:13 AM #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I do think calling people sad and stalkers was unnecessary they are better ways of saying stuff but even if they were ‘mocking it’, why does it bother you so much? Only person that should be bothered is Curtis but i doubt he cares. Be interesting to see what you be like when people make threads about whoever splits up.

You know what...it never ceases to amaze me with the vile personal insults about peoples facial features put on here by the same old people..its only me and a few that mention it. Unyet you are all quick to jump on my back over 'sad' and 'stalker'....the next time I see those people call out people for their looks, and that will happen, I hope I see you all playing the same moral high ground and pulling them to task for it.
Why does it bother me so much...because I don't like people being mocked and this is a forum
As for other couples splitting up...I really couldn't give a monkeys..none of them will last anyway imo but I will be too busy getting on with my life.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:17 AM #88
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You know what...it never ceases to amaze me with the vile personal insults about peoples facial features put on here by the same old people..its only me and a few that mention it. Unyet you are all quick to jump on my back over 'sad' and 'stalker'....the next time I see those people call out people for their looks, and that will happen, I hope I see you all playing the same moral high ground and pulling them to task for it.
Why does it bother me so much...because I don't like people being mocked and this is a forum
As for other couples splitting up...I really couldn't give a monkeys..none of them will last anyway imo but I will be too busy getting on with my life.
You keep saying you’re getting on with your life, yet you’re still in this thread bickering with people over what Curtis is doing next?
Old 03-08-2019, 10:26 AM #89

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I retracted the 'sad' claim when I said I got the continuation of discussion. It was said in the heat of the moment because I didn't like the mocking tone.
The 'stalker' comment was not said to Morgan it was a response to someone else who enjoys having a pop at me wherever she can even though she adds nothing to the debate...the very person who makes vile personal comments only fit for a school playground. So you actually have that fact wrong.
I am not backtracking on anything I have said apart from 1 thing so plaease don't make out I am. I could say Morgan has backtracked on his original reason for posting...which I respect.
I stand by everything I have said and I have nothing more to add...sorry it still baffles you. Peoples attitudes baffle me sometimes..its just life I guess.
Right, so you admit it was an insult

Try quoting posts then? But that doesn't make you look any better, because if you're on about who I think you're on about, I've seen you say some awful things about them. People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks or stones, or whatever. Irregardless of that, you still insulted someone without being insulted first.

Oh and don't worry, I feel the same. But please answer the question: how are you allowed to post just a gif in a reply, but sle can't?
Old 03-08-2019, 10:43 AM #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan. View Post
You keep saying you’re getting on with your life, yet you’re still in this thread bickering with people over what Curtis is doing next?

If people come on here calling me out or asking me to justify myself..then I will. Please don't tell me you wouldn't do the same?...I have not discussed what Curtis is doing next and now you are accusing me of bickering...when I have been called out for using the word sad...oh the hypocrisy..I have been coming on here defending my actions and debating them. . I don't see the problem.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:51 AM #91
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Quote:

So many people have made fun of the contestants on here calling them shrek, making fun of their teeth, making fun of michaels ears, making fun of people like Curtis’ weight

It’s hypocritial and you are far better than that and those members rusticgirl and so rise above like you have been doing

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff

Last edited by DouglasS; 03-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM #92
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If people come on here calling me out or asking me to justify myself..then I will. Please don't tell me you wouldn't do the same?...I have not discussed what Curtis is doing next and now you are accusing me of bickering...when I have been called out for using the word sad...oh the hypocrisy..I have been coming on here defending my actions and debating them. . I don't see the problem.
There’s literally no connection.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:54 AM #93
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

He is a fame ***** and will sell his granny for a spot on TV

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:55 AM #94
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Right, so you admit it was an insult

Try quoting posts then? But that doesn't make you look any better, because if you're on about who I think you're on about, I've seen you say some awful things about them. People in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks or stones, or whatever. Irregardless of that, you still insulted someone without being insulted first.

Oh and don't worry, I feel the same. But please answer the question: how are you allowed to post just a gif in a reply, but sle can't?
The difference is sle constantly comes into threads to just solely post a gif or a rude/baiting comment with a gif. If you then respond to that in his head it makes you the one fishing for the argument

If he actually used the forum to discuss and make points people wouldn’t pick him up on it. It’s different when rusticgal has already been in discussion throughout the thread and contributed and later on posts a smiley in response to a sarky/hypocritical post - she has actually contributed to the thread and is midway through discussion and hasn’t entered the thread solely to bait/post a gif/smiley and leave

Last edited by DouglasS; 03-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:57 AM #95
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

I find it sad this group of people just mindlessly stick up for each other because they’re part of the same playground group - grow up

Old 03-08-2019, 11:06 AM #96

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
The difference is sle constantly comes into threads to just solely post a gif or a rude/baiting comment with a gif. If you then respond to that in his head it makes you the one fishing for the argument

If he actually used the forum to discuss and make points people wouldn’t pick him up on it. It’s different when rusticgal has already been in discussion throughout the thread and contributed and later on posts a smiley in response to a sarky/hypocritical post - she has actually contributed to the thread and is midway through discussion and hasn’t entered the thread solely to bait/post a gif/smiley and leave
Imagine thinking sle asking "is this argument still going on" I'd baiting
Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM #97

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I find it sad this group of people just mindlessly stick up for each other because they’re part of the same playground group - grow up
I'm not even friends with sle and I can't say I've seen LukeB interact much with sle or Morgan
Old 03-08-2019, 11:10 AM #98

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

And as I said, Rusticgal has every right to challenge Morgan if she sees fit. But she handled it poorly and she started her argument by insulting someone and not even mentioning her issue with Morgan's OP, just calling him sad for seeing a news article about a celebrity
Old 03-08-2019, 11:11 AM #99
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm not even friends with sle and I can't say I've seen LukeB interact much with sle or Morgan
I mean that’s not true, sle and Luke interact daily and have done for months as part of a group - but it’s offtopic so I will leave it there

Old 03-08-2019, 11:12 AM #100

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I mean that’s not true, sle and Luke interact daily and have done for months as part of a group - but it’s offtopic so I will leave it there
Care to elaborate?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bags, curtis, job, pritchard, receptionist