Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 28-11-2019, 12:25 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):

Karishma is just getting better and better
Selfless Noura trying to hold the bar longer so everyone can eat
Dean thinking his game is way more important than it is

Two episodes ago I said Lauren needed to orchestrate another power move in order to rise up my ranking. She didn't quite do exactly that, but this was a stunning episode for Lauren and she proved that she can honestly make the tribe do whatever she wants...

1. Noura (-)
2. Lauren (+3)
3. Karishma (+1)

-
4. Dean (-2)
5. Elaine (+3)
6. Tommy (+3)

-
7. Janet (-1)
-
8. Elizabeth (+2)
-
9. Dan (+2)
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 05:28 PM #27
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
1. Dean Kowalski
2. Missy Byrd (she was just peaking too </3)
3. Noura Salman (lmaooo the comedy from her was back)
4. Elizabeth Beisel

5. Elaine Stott
6. Tommy Sheehan

7. Janet Carbin
8. Lauren Beck
9. Karishma Patel (she's an idiot ... )

10. Aaron Meredith
11. Dan Spilo
1. Dean Kowalski
2. Noura Salman
3. Elizabeth Beisel

4. Lauren Beck
5. Tommy Sheehan
6. Elaine Stott

7. Janet Carbin
8. Karishma Patel

9. Dan Spilo (by far my least favorite of the season, the controversy aside, which I think was kinda OTT tbf although he got away kinda freely in comparison oddly, he often has a very scummy attitude oop)

Something like that atm. Honestly a pretty steep drop after Dean but Noura is still holding her own The blue ranks are very very close but I'm going with Lauren & Tommy and could rank either one over the other. Lauren shined more in this episode.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 28-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 05:51 PM #28
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Yes she did I guess but when has Tommy shined ever?

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 28-11-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2019, 06:06 PM #29
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

A few episodes ago maybe and he's managed to be decent pretty much throughout. He has some solid gameplay confessionals that manage to be a bit charismatic and related to his profession and such rather than total gamebotty bland confessionals
Old 28-11-2019, 09:52 PM #30
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

His confessionals are soooooooo ****ing bland let's not kid ourselves. Anything relating to his profession is the most basic, cookie cutter, lowest common denominator type of ****. "Karishma was the most unpopular kid in class but now she's the most popular kid!!!!" like that's not even remotely insightful and it's almost like someone ghostwrote that confessional because It's What A Teacher Would Say.

I don't know, I'm just getting increasingly aggravated each week since Tommy's edit is clearly pointing to him winning even though we haven't seen him do anything entertaining or remarkable or even good gameplay? I can't even think of anything that *he* accomplished so far this season or how I would describe his gameplay. He's trying to claim credit for the Missy boot even though he had nothing to do with it? He and Lauren are clearly An Important Duo but they don't get any focus at all until the tribe swap? He claims that he treats Karishma well and everyone else bullied her even though we've never seen him and Karishma interact? I said last year that Nick was definitely in the running for the most forgettable/irrelevant/lackluster/whatever Survivor winner but Tommy will easily claim that title if he goes on to win.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:24 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Great episode. Terrible result. Elaine gets a lot of my praise this episode for disproving the idea that she exists in the game solely to serve the interests of pre-select winner Tommy Sheehan. Instead, that accolade belongs to Dean. Had he kept his mouth shut this tribal council we would've seen a Tommy blindside and then God-only-knows which F3 formation at the end.

After losing Missy two episodes ago and Karishma this week, the number of likable characters is dwindling slightly. No one offends me per sé; I just have a hard time being excited by Janet, Tommy or Dan (all of which now have the upper hand of the numbers)...

1. Karishma (+2) - Queen!
2. Noura (-1) - I stan this messy freak but although Dean was the one who spilled the Tommy blindside plan I still kinda blame Noura for spooking him prior to the TC. Last week I thought she was a contender to win the whole show. After this week, I don't think Noura can place higher than 3rd.
-
3. Dean (+1) - Dean has consistently proven himself to be a questionable decision-maker, and that's ok! He definitely turned the entire story of this episode on its head right at the last minute which I hate him for BUT ONLY BECAUSE I was excited to see Tommy get the chop. Dean, whether intentionally or not, makes for good viewing.
4. Elaine (+1) - I loved her this episode! I was left a bit underwhelmed when she misplayed her idol because I know that she came off looking worse than Dean to the majority of 4, so she's probably next out~
5. Lauren (-3) - She's so dramatic I still like her but I find her style of gameplay quite aggressive and I tend to be drawn more to people who benefit from their own good will, whereas Lauren just wants success because she thinks she deserves it.
-
6. Janet (+1) - Aside from the Kellee/Jamal boot episodes Janet has remained in the background where I'm happy for her to stay tbh. Not much else to remark about ha!
-
7. Tommy (-1) - Tommy's sense of entitlement rubbed me the wrong way this episode. His demeanor has changed drastically on the two occasions where he has come under fire and discovered that he'll receive votes. What's funny to me is how hard he takes it. Why are you too great to receive votes at T/C but will happily try to dispose of Karishma every week as if she's less deserving than you of being there? Boy bye.
-
8. Dan (+1) - Dirty Dan showing how classy he is once again when, in the presence of his 13y/o son and three other strangers, he decided to badmouth the four castaways who stayed back at the beach. Not since Dan from World's Apart have I seen someone on Survivor with the unparalleled ability to portray themselves in a negative manner every time they open their mouth to say something.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:21 AM #32
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
1. Dean Kowalski
2. Noura Salman
3. Elizabeth Beisel

4. Lauren Beck
5. Tommy Sheehan
6. Elaine Stott

7. Janet Carbin
8. Karishma Patel

9. Dan Spilo (by far my least favorite of the season, the controversy aside, which I think was kinda OTT tbf although he got away kinda freely in comparison oddly, he often has a very scummy attitude oop)

Something like that atm. Honestly a pretty steep drop after Dean but Noura is still holding her own The blue ranks are very very close but I'm going with Lauren & Tommy and could rank either one over the other. Lauren shined more in this episode.
1. Dean Kowalski (I stan this messy queen)
2. Noura Salman (I still stan this messy queen feuding the superior messy queen)

3. Tommy Sheehan
4. Lauren Beck
5. Elaine Stott (she was funny a couple times this past episode, I definitely like all 3 blue ranks quite a bit overall; they just haven't gained my interest 100% of the time)

6. Janet Carbin
7. Karishma Patel (felt a bit bad how she went in chaos but not bad that she went)

8. Dan Spilo (he's dreadful, get rid of him and this is a good finish!)
Old 12-12-2019, 06:33 AM #33
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
1. Dean Kowalski (I stan this messy queen)
2. Noura Salman (I still stan this messy queen feuding the superior messy queen)

3. Tommy Sheehan
4. Lauren Beck
5. Elaine Stott (she was funny a couple times this past episode, I definitely like all 3 blue ranks quite a bit overall; they just haven't gained my interest 100% of the time)

6. Janet Carbin
7. Karishma Patel (felt a bit bad how she went in chaos but not bad that she went)

8. Dan Spilo (he's dreadful, get rid of him and this is a good finish!)
1. Dean Kowalski (Dean in F5 is seriously the saving grace of this season)
2. Noura Salman

3. Elaine Stott (I was a little undecided up until this episode but she's more consistently likable than anyone below)
4. Tommy Sheehan (everything considered from episode 1 to finale, I'm thinking him & Lauren are just kinda ok-good)
5. Lauren Beck

6. Janet Carbin
7. Dan Spilo (such an odd way to go at this point but a way to go is all I needed to see )

Tommy would be a little boringly predictable as the winner. Still good and all but some wild finish with Dean or Noura winning would be really fun.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:21 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Pretty weak composition of characters left in the final 5 considering the overall likability of the cast this season. I think the last two episodes have felt somewhat subdued and I already miss Karishma's messy antics.

Rooting for a Lauren, Noura and Dean final 3.

1. Noura
2. Dean
3. Elaine
4. Lauren

5. Tommy
6. Janet

7. Dan
Old 14-12-2019, 07:02 PM #35
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

1. Noura
2. Janet
3. Elaine

4. Dean
5. Lauren
6. Tommy

7. Dan

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-12-2019, 04:10 AM #36
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

1. Dean
2. Noura
3. Jason
4. Chelsea
5. Missy
6. Elizabeth
7. Ronnie
8. Molly

9. Elaine
10. Jack
11. Tommy
12. Lauren

13. Kellee
14. Jamal
15. Janet
16. Tom
17. Karishma

18. Vince
19. Aaron
20. Dan

Something like that. Ronnie & Molly are interchangeable and could maybe be relegated to blue-tier. Kellee, Jamal & Janet interchangeable too.

Not fully sure how I feel about this season but it definitely had a strong finish. Cast was solid but it lacked big-time characters... except Dean SKYROCKETED (from an already iconic castaway to... DKChillin) hiiiigh up with my all time faves. That was incredible show-stealing since the beginning of the season when showcased really but especially on that finale
Old 19-12-2019, 04:27 AM #37
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Why yes, his UTR1-UTR1 start to the season really stole the show, it's true.
Old 19-12-2019, 04:30 AM #38
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Why yes, his UTR1-UTR1 start to the season really stole the show, it's true.
Lolol ok so not from the beginning but actually that reminds me, he stole the show from the moment he got his first seconds of actual air time
Old 19-12-2019, 12:14 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

END OF SEASON

lol @ the winner being in the most irrelevant portion of this alongside pretty much all pre-mergers

1. Noura
2. Dean

-
3. Karishma
4. Missy
5. Lauren
6. Kellee
7. Jamal

8. Aaron
9. Elaine
10. Vince
11. Janet

-
12. Tommy
13. Molly
14. Jack
15. Jason
16. Chelsea
17. Ronnie

-
18. Elizabeth
19. Tom

-
20. Dan
Old 25-12-2019, 09:00 PM #40
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

1. Karishma (lol what a ****ing disaster of a human being Karishma FULLY surrendered herself to the Survivor experience and that's maybe one of my favorite qualities in any reality TV contestant. We were there when she cut her finger and nearly fainted in the most dramatic fashion. We were there when she cried about how nobody wanted to help her. We were there when she questioned her arranged marriage on national television. We were there when she eagerly read her cue cards about Applebee's. We were there when she and Missy went toe-to-toe and she accused her of being a bully. We were there when she sobbed in her husband's arms and then called for everyone to rise up like a wrecking ball and take down the majority alliance. We were there when she found an Idol and accused her tribe of trying to get her medevaced. She gave us 110% with every action she took and there were highs, lows, and everything in between. As far as I'm concerened, Karishma *WAS* Island of the Idols and I don't think any of you can change my mind)
2. Kellee (a little too gamebotty at times but still never made it boring? Her gameplay was fun and she handled The Situation like a ****ing champ)
3. Noura (OTTN neurotic weirdo who cockroached her way to the end while the cast was begrudgingly forced to work with her HOWEVER she just does not have that je ne sais quoi that Troy favos have... like she was never too much for me but there were some times where I just wasn't fully on board with her?)
4. Jamal (annoyingly condescending at times but a legitimately great person who is Actually Woke and very eloquent in his convictions and is always a righteous voice for the voiceless)
5. Missy (it's not a coincidence that the season went to **** when she was booted!)
6. Janet (kind of in that Nicole BBUS21 role where she was FANTASTIC for one week but then kinda faded into nothingness after that? Like she really peaked when she was getting bullied and gaslit after the Kellee boot but there was still half a season of MORP2 Janet that was kinda boring!)
7. Jason (sooooo much better than I expected given his archetype but I still didn't care once he was gone)
8. Vince (was cute and fun but I forgot about him right after he was gone)

9. Elaine (her schtick wore old sooooo fast like she was so ****ing fake and every TC was like "lol I'm a dumb redneck, I don't know ANYTHING xD" and if anything we were robbed of Her Mask Slipping in true Rupert Boneham/Jane Bright fashion)
10. Lauren (a remarkably boring edit but I almost kinda want her to come back bc there's definitely a neurotic weirdo under there? She could turn on the waterworks in an instant and it was so earnestly fake. Her fight with Noura on Day 38 was EVERYTHING and it was the perfect culmination of her freaking out whenever anything slightly didn't go her way. She NEEDS to come back for a Second Chance season and get swap****ed in epic fashion)
11. Chelsea (I had the most vaguest liking of her but I didn't care once she was gone)
12. Tom (I had an even LESS vaguest liking of him but I didn't care at all once he was gone)
13. Jack (I vaguely disliked him and then even more vaguely liked him and then I didn't care)
14. Elizabeth (was kind of a fun O_O weirdo at first but then she was also super boring and did nothing. I definitely can sympathize with her perspective on the Dan/Kellee thing but she still handled things very poorly and didn't come off well at all)
15. Molly (I had no real opinion of her)
16. Ronnie (I had no real opinion of him)

17. Tommy (sooooooooooooooo ****ing boring like legitimately one of the most boring humans to ever be on television. We know nothing about him, we know nothing about his gameplay, and we're going to collectively forget about him in two weeks. I know I just said a year ago that Nick is the most irrelevant Survivor winner ever but Tommy easily takes the cake. I have SOME appreciation for the fact that he had no Idols or Advantages or Immunities but like..... he makes Kim Spradlin look like thrilling television)
18. Dean (there was a little bit of charm there at first when he was UTR-UTR-MORN-MORN buuuuut then it totally wore off! Never passed up an opportunity to target a woman, exclusively aligned himself with straight white men, unironically called women of color goats despite being a complete dumbass of a goat himself..... his entire gameplay was centered around IDOLS and ADVANTAGES and NULLIFIERS and IMMUNITIES and everything wrong with Survivor. Also "DK Chillin" is something I would expect from a 21 year old fraternity brother and given that he is about to turn 29, that behavior has an age limit and he is will past it)
19. Aaron (at times I didn't think he was that bad but then I remember how ****ing smug he was at TC when he basically told Janet that he knows more about the Dan situation than she does and how ****ing smug he was at FTC when he told Tommy to stop trying to discredit Dean's "game" and how ****ing smug he was as he cast his vote for Dean to win and nodded along as he listed all of his stupid ****ing advantages he found and then I realized that he may not be THAT bad, but he's still bad)
20. Dan (legitimately a bottom 5 person of all time and it goes without saying)

I feel like I really rushed together this ranking but here it is :3
Old 25-12-2019, 09:04 PM #41
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We were there when she cut her finger and nearly fainted in the most dramatic fashion. We were there when she cried about how nobody wanted to help her. We were there when she questioned her arranged marriage on national television. We were there when she eagerly read her cue cards about Applebee's. We were there when she and Missy went toe-to-toe and she accused her of being a bully. We were there when she sobbed in her husband's arms and then called for everyone to rise up like a wrecking ball and take down the majority alliance. We were there when she found an Idol and accused her tribe of trying to get her medevaced.
We all were there.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 26-12-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 26-12-2019, 04:34 AM #42
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Wish I wasn't

But I'm glad I was there for Dean's Finale
Old 26-12-2019, 08:09 PM #43
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
18. Dean (Also "DK Chillin" is something I would expect from a 21 year old fraternity brother and given that he is about to turn 29, that behavior has an age limit and he is will past it)
A little nickname is too much at 29 years old. But nothing wrong with how Karishma & Noura act at their age. That's not even shade at them, I loved Noura and while I didn't like Karishma there's nothing wrong with how she acts. It's just amazing that someone is knocked for immaturity over a fun nickname & personality/persona that he has at 28-29 years old (good for him) when you then look at 2/3 of your top 3

The fun immature ones are often the best. Different tastes and all that but I just have to say DK Chillin did things right
Old 26-12-2019, 09:32 PM #44
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

1. Noura - The turquoise storm Noura provided so much to this season, and I was very happy that she made it all the way to the end. With each episode, I never knew what kind of Noura to expect, and while you could say that for everybody, with Noura, she changed every episode and would do **** like hiding Dean’s shoes in places where he couldn’t reach, or lose an immunity challenge because she thought she already won, respond to Jamal giving her an idol by saying YOU AREEEEEEEEEEEEEE??? in the most ironic tone possible, or call Karishma an 85 year old woman who should not kill herself but is very entitled. She was a very unpredictable player and I really hope that she comes back for another season.

2. Karishma - Karishma also falls into the category of being unpredictable. How could we not stan someone who says stuff like “You took 3 shots at me and you missed and I’m nailing you on my first try, Safe drive sweetheart x” when voting them off, and that person stayed and ended up getting 2nd place? She also cut her hand through to the bone and said that all of her tribemates were bullies and they were all dead to her because they did not notice Karishma’s highlights were listed above by Troy and all were fantastic (Applebee’s is… like my fffffffffffavourite SIT DOWN restaurant” I hope Kelly Goldsmith, Professor of Marketing is taking note!) What makes her even more hilarious to me is the fact that everybody wanted her gone so they just kept her around And I’m raging that I never thought of this yesterday but Merry Karishmas everyone!!!!!!

3. Kellee - It’s a shame that Kellee’s Survivor journey will probably be forever defined by what happened with Dan, because prior to that, Kellee was very good! I don’t normally judge people based on strategy, as I watch Survivor and Big Brother as entertainment shows first and foremost, but I liked watching Kellee play the game and thought she was very smart and knew what she was doing. Then the Dan thing happened, in which she was a class act

4. Janet - An angel Went from “Oh my god she can make fire!!!!!!” to handling the Dan situation very very well to everyone being terrified of her because she is just *that* good of a person

5. Elaine - The whole idea of Elaine is a lot better in motion than on paper! I assume she was playing for some of the game at least but I still enjoyed her nonetheless, despite me thinking that I’d get tired of her fairly quickly “RONNIE IS A SHADY WEASEL

6. Vince - Vince was really good fun while he lasted, and somehow ended up being my top male of the season??? King of confessionals AND sneaking into the other camp! If only he played his idol

7. Jamal - Came across as a very good guy who educates about the #MeToo movement, educates Jack about racial insensitivity, gets educated himself on female empowerment and ends up getting called a **** by Noura because he eats too much and compares Dan to a sleazy used car salesman like Helen Glover did to Brian Heidik, so… of course we stan!

8. Dean - DK Chillin I know Dean seems to have a bit of a mixed reception here… but I kind of like him? And to fit in with the nickname discussion, I’m currently watching Survivor Pearl Islands and having to put up with someone who refers to themselves as “Jonny Fair Play” so I’d argue DK Chillin is probably one of the better ones But back on topic, I thought Dean was fun and although I could have done without him targeting the people I enjoyed watching, he was likeable imo and came across as a good guy who doesn’t take life too seriously and I rate that

9. Lauren - Pretty dull throughout most of the season but was good in the final episode with her fight with Noura so that boosts her up

10. Missy - I struggle to form a solid opinion on Missy because sometimes I like her and sometimes I don’t. When I was watching the series, I thought she was dull and wasn’t really getting the hype at all, but even with a week’s hindsight as a castaway she ages better for me. I couldn’t really justify putting her in green so I’ll give her a high orange

11. Jason - I remember liking him for something but I can’t remember what. I remember that he wasn’t liked in the premiere because he kept wandering off by himself and Noura saying that he reminds him of her ex who was a trustworthy genuine guy

12. Jack - For somebody who screams “Boring Producer’s Favourite” he actually wasn’t that bad at all? Maybe if he lasted longer I wouldn’t like him but I think if he was on BB, Grodner would have rigged him to F6 at least!

13. Tom - Seemed like a nice man but left too early for me to make a proper decision on whether I liked him as a castaway or not.

14. Chelsea - All I remember is that she had a thing with Dean and even then I had to check the wiki to find that out

15. Molly - Apparently she reminded people of Parvati who is supposedly one of the best Survivors so she had to go because of that and because Noura saw right through her and saw her as a “catty and unhelpful high school girl”

16. Tommy - What a **** winner. What do we know about Tommy other than his relationship status and his job? Nothing. Well, his financial status too I guess. He could have at least made an effort to give us something to watch other than confessionals like TEACHING TIME WITH TOMMY which I guess his attempt to be something

17. Ronnie - Pretty sleazy and a good choice for first boot as his random hatred of Elaine for being too joyful said more about him than it said about anyone else, and also it spared Vince going first which really would have set the tone for a ****e season

18. Elizabeth - She was ok for a while but the way she exploited the Dan situation to benefit her gameplay and put a target on Janet really didn’t sit well with me at all

19. Aaron - He was ok for a while even bordering on liking him, but I hated how he accused Janet of playing victim and using the Dan situation to make herself look good. Prick.

20. Dan - A creepy, gross pervert with a horrible attitude towards other people and genuinely makes me feel ill just looking at him and listening to him talk. Also, it is no coincidence that the first song I heard after finding out he was removed was Good As Hell by Lizzo

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 21-03-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 26-12-2019, 11:35 PM #45
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

1) Noura
2) Karishma
3) Kellee
4) Jamal
5) Missy
6) Lauren
7) Janet

8) Jason
9) Molly
10) Vince
11) Jack
12) Ronnie
13) Tom
14) Chelsea

15) Aaron
16) Elizabeth
17) Elaine
18) Tommy
19) Dean
20) Dan

Last edited by Moniqua; 26-12-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Moniqua is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
39, cast, idols, island, ranking, survivor