Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 11:52 AM #551
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
He says he knew he was gay before his wedding

People are willing to lay down in the road and let him drive over them in his Range Rover because he has been pretending to be straight.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:57 AM #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4aJWdPyUM

3mins report on his affair with the younger lad.
"Report"?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM #553

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

So he gives a job to a student of the academy he’s a patron for, nobody bats an eyelid, but he comes out as gay and suddenly he’s a predator? And people wonder why people still find it hard to come out when attitudes like this exist in the ‘most tolerant country in the world’ jfc
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM #554

Quote:
Of Course
his Wife
a Doormat
great to stand next to him
when meeting Prince Charles
Stop talking sh*t arista.
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 AM #555

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Quote:
Why is it wrong?

Its in the press
You probably just answered your own question there
Old 09-02-2020, 12:00 PM #556
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
"Report"?

Tbf it's probably of a higher standard than Fox News.

KRO!
Old 09-02-2020, 12:00 PM #557
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I feel sorry for his Wife, but I can also feel sorry for Phil that he felt the need to have to hide his sexuality to the point where he pretended to be straight.

And before anyone says anything, Homophobia was still a big thing when I was in Primary School/early High School years (for any Americans reading this thread) so what Homophobia was like 27 years ago must've been rough.

Also if we're all being honest, Homosexuality still has a silent Homophobic base in the country so no wonder Philip was scared to come out 27 years ago.
Well said Mock.

Not to mention bigoted accusations of paedophilia that will be promoted even now.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:10 PM #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Apparently, Mcgreevy joined the 2 faced theatre academy in 2011 where he met Phillip Schofield (the academy's patron) aged 15

Aged 18 he appeared on This Morning to promote the academy.

After this, he managed to get a job at ITV as a runner for multiple Schofield shows.

I don't know whether this is true or not, this is just what I've read today.
Yes more should be out on Monday papers
Old 09-02-2020, 12:10 PM #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Why did Arista delete that post? I want to report it. Let mods deal with this toxic bigotry
I dealt with the posts

If you want to report a post (and this goes for all of you) then report it and ignore, by quoting posts and replying with baiting or insulting comments it causes arguments, thread derailments and gives us more to clean up.

If I need to keep clearing arguments, insults etc I'm closing the thread.

Back on topic. Thanks

Last edited by Josy; 09-02-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:11 PM #560

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Well said Mock.

Not to mention bigoted accusations of paedophilia that will be promoted even now.
I really don't get why people on the Internet make baseless accusations about Celebrities, if they ever made these comments on Social Media these members would get into serious legal trouble.

I'm not meaning to be militant, but no society will ever accept Slander (openly anyway) and like you've said Twosugars this accusation towards Philip is potentially promoting dislike towards gay people.

KRO!
Old 09-02-2020, 12:30 PM #561
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

For the record I don't believe Phil had done anything wrong in terms of under age sex. I think he is far to driven to put his status at risk for a quick bunk up.

I think its very sad the way his wife's feelings are being dismissed in all of this (even if she did know 'for a while' she found out at some point, and it probably came as a shock), and how she has is being referred to very disappointing.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 09-02-2020 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:40 PM #562
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....I don’t feel that his wife’s feelings are being dismissed in any way at all...I think that it’s just not being assumed as to what her feelings are, other than so far she’s expressed support for him...
Old 09-02-2020, 12:42 PM #563
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
For the record I don't believe Phil had done anything wrong in terms of under age sex. I think he is far to driven to put his status at risk for a quick bunk up.

I think its very sad the way his wife's feelings are being dismissed in all of this (even if she did know 'for a while' she found out at some point, and it probably came as a shock), and how she has is being referred to very disappointing.
Are they being dismissed, though? She hasn't made any statement about how she's feeling, publicly has been supportive. Of course that MAY not be the case behind closed doors, but until she says otherwise there's nothing to say? In fact it would be quite disrespectful to her to say "Well I know you're saying one thing, but I personally believe you must really secretly be devastated and I feel sorry for you".

If she WAS to state that she's been left devastated and everyone was still celebrating Philip whilst ignoring her feelings, that would be a completely different scenario...

But that hasn't happened. Currently, people think she needs help and support because THEY think she "must" be feeling a certain way. It's just projection. "Well I would feel _____, so..."
Old 09-02-2020, 12:43 PM #564
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
....I don’t feel that his wife’s feelings are being dismissed in any way at all...I think that it’s just not being assumed as to what her feelings are, other than so far she’s expressed support for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
She has not personally expressed support, we only have Phils word for that, and his word isn't worth much tbh, maybe I missed it, do you have a link?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 09-02-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:45 PM #565
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Are they being dismissed, though? She hasn't made any statement about how she's feeling, publicly has been supportive. Of course that MAY not be the case behind closed doors, but until she says otherwise there's nothing to say? In fact it would be quite disrespectful to her to say "Well I know you're saying one thing, but I personally believe you must really secretly be devastated and I feel sorry for you".

If she WAS to state that she's been left devastated and everyone was still celebrating Philip whilst ignoring her feelings, that would be a completely different scenario...

But that hasn't happened. Currently, people think she needs help and support because THEY think she "must" be feeling a certain way. It's just projection. "Well I would feel _____, so..."

Her silence doesn't bode well, while everyone is clapping Phil on the back and saying what he is done is great for HIS mental health, maybe Steph and her family will turn out on DOI in a show of family solidarity, I hope so

Old 09-02-2020, 12:46 PM #566
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...and this......the first reaction that we would usually have if it were our own circle of friends ..(...or I would...)...would be...’how do you feel...’..?...unless I had already been made aware of that from them...without that, there is no starting point to make any assumptions...other than what’s she’s said, which is expressing her love and support ...
Old 09-02-2020, 12:47 PM #567
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
...and this......the first reaction that we would usually have if it were our own circle of friends ..(...or I would...)...would be...’how do you feel...’..?...unless I had already been made aware of that from them...without that, there is no starting point to make any assumptions...other than what’s she’s said, which is expressing her love and support ...
again do you have a link where she has expressed this personally?

Old 09-02-2020, 12:53 PM #568
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Philip indicated her support in his statement, I believe...it would be so easy for Steph to dispute it as a false statement if it was indeed so...

Last edited by Ammi; 09-02-2020 at 12:55 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:58 PM #569

One of his daughters have tweeted publicly, would she have done that if her mum was struggling too much? It won't be easy for Steph....even if she has got her head round it, nothing will have changed for her, she will still love him in exactly the same way. Its a sad situation but I think I personally would want to know, yes sooner rather than later but I would still want to know.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:05 PM #570
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Her silence doesn't bode well, while everyone is clapping Phil on the back and saying what he is done is great for HIS mental health, maybe Steph and her family will turn out on DOI in a show of family solidarity, I hope so
But it's her truth to tell, not other people's to assume? "She hasn't said anything so we'll assume she's in a bad place". Like I said I think it's mainly projection; people thinking "Well if that happened to me I'd feel X, Y, Z, so she must feel X, Y, Z."

Easily confused with actual empathy I suppose.

I think her side of the story will no doubt come to the forefront at some point so might as well let it, rather than essentially "guessing".
Old 09-02-2020, 01:12 PM #571

Quote:

I agree with this.

It's certainly not for other people to say he or she have "wasted" 27 years of their lives. I think that's for them to decide.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:15 PM #572
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...all we can do is to have thoughts and opinions on the story that we know atm...which is the interview and the statement...and those indicate atm that he has huge support from his wife and daughters...that’s all we know ...that’s doesn’t dismiss his wife at all, it just doesn’t assume anything for her...let her ‘add or dispute’ etc the story, when and if she wishes to..

Last edited by Ammi; 09-02-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:49 PM #573
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I agree with this.

It's certainly not for other people to say he or she have "wasted" 27 years of their lives. I think that's for them to decide.
Well, they had two kids that they both adore and created a 4 strong family that clearly mean the world to each other so I doubt they’d consider it a waste at all.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:50 PM #574

Quote:
...all we can do is to have thoughts and opinions on the story that we know atm...which is the interview and the statement...and those indicate atm that he has huge support from his wife and daughters...that’s all we know ...that’s doesn’t dismiss his wife at all, it just doesn’t assume anything for her...let her ‘add or dispute’ etc the story, when and if she wishes to..

Yes Big Cash with the Daily Mirror
or Daily Mail.

And Phil will fight his corner from The Sun.

The Star will take the piss
Old 09-02-2020, 02:03 PM #575
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Yes let’s all believe someone who has been lying for 27 years and was even asked in the nineties was his marriage a cover up for him being gay.

Probably been jacking off to gay porn in the garden shed for years, don’t let that stop a lot of you on here singing his praises. And how brave he has been.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gay, philip, scofield, stated