Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 06:33 PM #1
A great thief

A great thief

Default Black lives matter.

All of my posts made within the past 3 days on this site have been nothing but support for BLM. Despite this, most of mine (& others) posts have been deleted and many of us have been banned. This is despicable and the people responsible really need to sort their priorities as they are part of the problem. One of my posts got deleted earlier literally for saying that racism and police brutality exist in the UK. They do, and these conversations need to be had.

This post & thread will most likely be removed quicker than it took me to type this with absolutely no care, which will just prove that the people running this site are against the BLM movement. And for what? Next time you wonder why your forum is so dry or why no one is contributing, know it's your fault. For silencing the members of your forum who don't have the same outdated opinions that you do and letting it get overrun by trolls, who you let stick around because they bring activity. It's pathetic. How dare you say that us speaking about a topic we are passionate about is only to try and bait others, when actual trolls are on the site and nothing is ever done about them? How dare you say that one post of 'black lives matter' is spamming and posting lies (?!) which leads to a ban? How dare you say that saying 'black lives matter' is an offsite discussion (which it isn't at all), when people are posting literal screenshots of their offsite chats all the time and nothing is ever done? Why is it different now?

Please sign petitions, share and donate and do whatever you can to help. If you click the first gif in my sig it will take you to a great site with many ways to help out if you're unsure how that is frequently updated. The second gif will take you to a YT video created for the sole purpose of helping people donate even if they don't have money as all money made from ads will go straight towards donations. And there is so much more you can do. It's not enough to be silently non racist. We need to vocally be anti racism.

Black Lives Matter.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:44 PM #2

This is just silly. You've made a provocative post here with wrong accusations against us, with the intention of it being removed, so that would apparently prove your point.

We're not removing any posts because it supports the cause.

Posts get removed for all the usual reasons that posts get removed and people banned. The things that cause forums to be not very pleasant and useful places to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
]One of my posts got deleted earlier literally for saying that racism and police brutality exist in the UK. They do, and these conversations need to be had.
Case in point, I just checked this and I deleted that post because it quoted a post which got deleted. That happens regularly.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:47 PM #3
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
This is just silly. You've made a provocative post here with wrong accusations against us, with the intention of it being removed, so that would apparently prove your point.

We're not removing any posts because it supports the cause.

Posts get removed for all the usual reasons that posts get removed and people banned. The things that cause forums to be not very pleasant and useful places to be.

Case in point, I just checked this and I deleted that post because it quoted a post which got deleted. That happens regularly.
I quoted this post. It's still up. So you can keep your talk about 'wrong accusations' when there a screenshots of ban reasonings being 'spamming' and 'posting lies' just for posting black lives matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
We have our own country to run and leave others to run theirs.

Ridiculous
Old 02-06-2020, 06:49 PM #4
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

This site has become a cherry picking forum.

Unless insults are being directed at members threads and posts should stay up.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:52 PM #5

2 of your posts yesterday alone were insulting other members, with no mention of black lives matters in them.

Only 2 out of all the bans yesterday were for spamming and as I and others already said it's not the words or meaning in the posts that were in any way a problem it is where and why they were posted as well as being posted again after threads had been cleaned.

The rest of the bans yesterday were for insults, posting of other members infractions, attempting to disrupt the forum by posting untruths about infractions and one ban was for a racist post.

Stop trying to take infractions out of context to further an agenda against the forum staff.

And I will say again with everything that's happening in the world and the loss of a mans life, using the black lives matter comment as leverage to moan about the forum is not only in poor taste it is ****ing disgusting.

I wont go as far as to post individual infractions to prove our point and anyone continuously telling lies to push an agenda against the forum will be banned accordingly

Last edited by Josy; 02-06-2020 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:58 PM #6
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Josy the only time you come on the forum is to threaten members with bans.
And have a power trip.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:59 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

I don’t normally like getting involved in things like this, but James literally threatened to delete everything about BLM last night if people kept questioning him, that’s not exactly the best way to respond to people who are passionate about it
Old 02-06-2020, 07:00 PM #8
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I agree with James' reasoning here. It is a forum at the end of the day and spamming has always been frowned upon on here regardless of the message. I'm sure if everyone spammed "I love James and Josy" they would still delete it.

It's a small forum with about 20 posters, so folks need to be realistic. I don't think anyone would put me in the box opposing BLM or their message.

There are things people can actually do to help irl if they feel that passionately, but spamming the message for 20 people to read isn't it.

Where I do think there is an issue, is trolling in S&D used to be frowned upon, obviously not a bit here and there, but if posters aren't posting anything of use and are writing stuff only to wind people up or to be contrarian (in every thread), then maybe that is something admin do need to examine.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:00 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Josy the only time you come on the forum is to threaten members with bans.
And have a power trip.
Of course it is
Old 02-06-2020, 07:04 PM #10
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
I don’t normally like getting involved in things like this, but James literally threatened to delete everything about BLM last night if people kept questioning him, that’s not exactly the best way to respond to people who are passionate about it
I was just typing something similar but you put it better than me. I get there has to be moderation but yesterday was uncomfortable viewing.

Last edited by Amy Jade; 02-06-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:04 PM #11

Argh. I checked again and I deleted your post by mistake. The previous post to your one was the one only that should have been deleted as it was rule breaking, but for some reason I deleted both. It was an honest mistake.

I apologise.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:05 PM #12

Quote:
I quoted this post. It's still up. So you can keep your talk about 'wrong accusations' when there a screenshots of ban reasonings being 'spamming' and 'posting lies' just for posting black lives matter.
Argh. I checked again and I deleted your post by mistake. The previous post to your one was the one only that should have been deleted as it was rule breaking, but for some reason I deleted both. It was an honest mistake.

I apologise.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:05 PM #13
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
2 of your posts yesterday alone were insulting other members, with no mention of black lives matters in them.
Neither of the posts I was infracted for yesterday were insulting. One was telling a known racist to delete their account, okay maybe a little out of line but when it's these people running the forum it's going to make people angry, and the other was for calling out the mods bull**** because they deleted a post where I literally applauded Qua's posts ABOUT BLM with the same picture I used in the OP of this thread. When I PM'd about a true reason I was banned, instead of getting a response my PMs were disabled and this is the case for other members.

Quote:
Only 2 out of all the bans yesterday were for spamming and as I and others already said it's not the words or meaning in the posts that were in any way a problem it is where and why they were posted as well as being posted again after threads had been cleaned.
This is literally saying 'don't support BLM in the racist girl's thread bc she doesn't like it'. It's ridiculous. We have the right to post where we like, so what if it's to support BLM? That thread is a chat thread, it has no topic, we can post what we like in there and shouldn't have to face repercussions just because of the person who made the thread.

Quote:
The rest of the bans yesterday were for insults, posting of other members infractions, attempting to disrupt the forum by posting untruths about infractions and one ban was for a racist post.
I wonder why there was so much discussion about other members infractions. Oh yeah, it's because they were for outraging reasons which I mentioned in the OP. No one was attempting to disrupt the forum, they just wanted a conversation as to why you were silencing the BLM posts which you clearly were doing and instead of engaging you got defensive and banned people.

Quote:
And I will say again with everything that's happening in the world and the loss of a mans life, using the black lives matter comment as leverage to moan about the forum is not only in poor taste it is ****ing disgusting.
Who the **** is using it for leverage against the site? YOU merged all the different police murder cases against black people into one 'megathread'. YOU deleted tons of posts speaking about BLM. YOU keep racists, transphobes, bigots on the forum and instead ban people speaking out against it. Just because you get called out on it don't ****ing have the nerve to say we're using an innocent black man's death as a reason to hate on this forum. Trust me, we have our ****ing reasons.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:07 PM #14
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

I apologise.
Thank you.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:10 PM #15

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Black lives matter

always have

always will
Old 02-06-2020, 07:13 PM #16

Quote:
Neither of the posts I was infracted for yesterday were insulting. One was telling a known racist to delete their account, okay maybe a little out of line but when it's these people running the forum it's going to make people angry, and the other was for calling out the mods bull**** because they deleted a post where I literally applauded Qua's posts ABOUT BLM with the same picture I used in the OP of this thread. When I PM'd about a true reason I was banned, instead of getting a response my PMs were disabled and this is the case for other members.

This is literally saying 'don't support BLM in the racist girl's thread bc she doesn't like it'. It's ridiculous. We have the right to post where we like, so what if it's to support BLM? That thread is a chat thread, it has no topic, we can post what we like in there and shouldn't have to face repercussions just because of the person who made the thread.

I wonder why there was so much discussion about other members infractions. Oh yeah, it's because they were for outraging reasons which I mentioned in the OP. No one was attempting to disrupt the forum, they just wanted a conversation as to why you were silencing the BLM posts which you clearly were doing and instead of engaging you got defensive and banned people.

Who the **** is using it for leverage against the site? YOU merged all the different police murder cases against black people into one 'megathread'. YOU deleted tons of posts speaking about BLM. YOU keep racists, transphobes, bigots on the forum and instead ban people speaking out against it. Just because you get called out on it don't ****ing have the nerve to say we're using an innocent black man's death as a reason to hate on this forum. Trust me, we have our ****ing reasons.
You seem to be reading what we are saying and completely misunderstanding or just not wanting to understand

The infractions were for spamming be cause that is what it was, from one member theres were countless spamming posts in the same thread that had already been cleared and they still came back and posted again the second member then obviously only posted the same thing because their friend had just been banned for it it really cant be explained any more.

As to the rest of your post I cant remember the last time I actually merged anything on here so cant comment on those accusations.

The members that are accusing us of removing the BLM posts because of what they are rather than admitting they were breaking forum rules are the ones that are using it as leverage, the others are as usual just blindly believing what they are told or going along with it.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:16 PM #17
Banned

Banned

The merging of threads relating to separate incidents of racial police brutality was quite tone deaf and unneeded especially given that there's not exactly a gamut of active topics every day and you could still see topics like the corona topic and such.

As for everything else, I don't know the context so I can't judge.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:19 PM #18
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Please sign petitions, share and donate and do whatever you can to help. If you click the first gif in my sig it will take you to a great site with many ways to help out if you're unsure how that is frequently updated. The second gif will take you to a YT video created for the sole purpose of helping people donate even if they don't have money as all money made from ads will go straight towards donations. And there is so much more you can do. It's not enough to be silently non racist. We need to vocally be anti racism.

Black Lives Matter.
Just to be clear I didn't intend for the mods and this site as a whole to be the main point of my post and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I just wanted to address it and a lot of frustration came out. This is what really matters so people please do whatever you can to help the BLM movement.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:20 PM #19

Just to further explain the spamming explanation in my last post...

Moniqua spammed 34 times (that was before it descended into insults) in a thread that was nothing at all to do with BLM
Old 02-06-2020, 07:21 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The merging of threads relating to separate incidents of racial police brutality was quite tone deaf and unneeded especially given that there's not exactly a gamut of active topics every day and you could still see topics like the corona topic and such.

As for everything else, I don't know the context so I can't judge.

The spamming and everything was a bad reaction to a bad attitude surrounding a decision made about a subject people are understandably passionate about, personally for me holding that subject over people so they fall in line was as Dezzy said, tone deaf.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:24 PM #21
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
The infractions were for spamming be cause that is what it was, from one member theres were countless spamming posts in the same thread that had already been cleared and they still came back and posted again the second member then obviously only posted the same thing because their friend had just been banned for it it really cant be explained any more.
So you're saying there is only a certain amount of times we're allowed to say Black Lives Matter? And in certain threads? The thread posted in was a chat thread with no topic. No matter which way you word it you sound ridiculous. Moniqua was talking about Trump, who has been discussed a lot on this site for years. Are you gonna ban people for making repetitive posts about him? Sle saying Black Lives Matter ONCE should never have ended up in a ban. Ever.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:26 PM #22

Quote:
So you're saying there is only a certain amount of times we're allowed to say Black Lives Matter? And in certain threads? The thread posted in was a chat thread with no topic. No matter which way you word it you sound ridiculous. Moniqua was talking about Trump, who has been discussed a lot on this site for years. Are you gonna ban people for making repetitive posts about him? Sle saying Black Lives Matter ONCE should never have ended up in a ban. Ever.
Why didnt they create a thread about it?
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 PM #23
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 PM #24
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Why didnt they create a thread about it?
Threads were created highlighting different cases of police brutality towards black people that ended up in them losing their lives. These threads were merged into one with no care and subsequent ones were deleted. Even though it took months and hundreds of posts for 'Can blackface be funny?' to finally be deleted.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:31 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I agree with James' reasoning here. It is a forum at the end of the day and spamming has always been frowned upon on here regardless of the message. I'm sure if everyone spammed "I love James and Josy" they would still delete it.

It's a small forum with about 20 posters, so folks need to be realistic. I don't think anyone would put me in the box opposing BLM or their message.

There are things people can actually do to help irl if they feel that passionately, but spamming the message for 20 people to read isn't it.

Where I do think there is an issue, is trolling in S&D used to be frowned upon, obviously not a bit here and there, but if posters aren't posting anything of use and are writing stuff only to wind people up or to be contrarian (in every thread), then maybe that is something admin do need to examine.
Agree with this

Last edited by AnnieK; 02-06-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
black, lives, matter