Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:02 PM #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
I remember something about the window on the Crimewatch special they did. The last time they checked on the kids BEFORE she disappeared all the windows and shutters were all closed. Then Kate's version of events when she discovered Maddie gone was that the window was open with the "curtains fluttering in the breeze" or something to that effect, but the shutter on the window was inspected and would not remain up and in the open position without being held, and every time they lifted it, it would only fall back down.

It's been a few years since I watched it but there were definite inconsistencies to the window.

Edited to add: Or something about the shutter could only be lifted from the inside of the apartment.

They admitted the patio doors were left unlocked too, which baffled me.

The window at the front was open and I believe Madeleines bed was next to it. This was at the front of the apartment but there was a drop from the window to the ground. It’s been reported this guy is tall...but maybe he had an accomplice?
But yes the patio doors were left unlocked..
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:14 PM #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
The window at the front was open and I believe Madeleines bed was next to it. This was at the front of the apartment but there was a drop from the window to the ground. It’s been reported this guy is tall...but maybe he had an accomplice?
But yes the patio doors were left unlocked..
Yes, but I was talking about the comment Kate made about the curtains blowing in the breeze, which they can't have been with the shutters down, closed and locked.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 PM #178

She probably was snatched, and Kate and Gerry have muddied the initial crime scene in their desperate panic at trying to make it seem like she wasn't neglected with the incorrect description of the crime scene, the lies about how often the kids were checked on.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:16 PM #179
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They didn’t do it....their only crime was to leave their 3 children alone in an unlocked apartment. A decision they must regret every day of their lives. They had the option of childcare...all their friends were equally guilty.

She was abducted.
With all due respect you dont know whether they did it or not. There was zero evidence that she was abducted where as there was some evidence to say she died in the apartment as indicated by the blood and cadaver dogs

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:41 PM #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Again only from memory I think kate said they broke in through the shutters on a phonecall home but then it was shown that the shutter were down, locked and undisturbed, locked.from the inside.

It seems extremely unlikely that IF they were gonna lie / cover up that they would say something that could easily be disproven - they are both intelligent people after all .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:42 PM #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Yes, but I was talking about the comment Kate made about the curtains blowing in the breeze, which they can't have been with the shutters down, closed and locked.

I thought the shutters were open hence the breeze...they wouldn’t have to be opened much. I haven’t heard that they wouldn’t stay up...that’s new to me.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 PM #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
With all due respect you dont know whether they did it or not. There was zero evidence that she was abducted where as there was some evidence to say she died in the apartment as indicated by the blood and cadaver dogs

I remember thinking that they may have been guilty. Knowing how she had cried the night before when she woke and couldn’t find them...my first thoughts were that they may have given her something to make her sleep and maybe overdosed. However being doctors I’m sure they wouldn’t have done that. The blood they found wasn’t conclusive.
I know I don’t know...it’s simply my opinion. I know there was a window open causing a breeze. Either she’s wandered off and been abducted or someone got in. This other little girl in Germany wandered off and disappeared too...
Old 05-06-2020, 11:54 PM #183

Quote:
I thought the shutters were open hence the breeze...
That's what she said initially.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:56 PM #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
It seems extremely unlikely that IF they were gonna lie / cover up that they would say something that could easily be disproven - they are both intelligent people after all .

People will say silly things or accidentally contradict themselves when they're trying to lie on the fly after something catastrophic has happened. No wonder Kate refused to answer so many questions, it was a while before they could get their story straight.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:41 AM #185

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:50 AM #186

Quote:

Who knows? There are numerous family members who said that when they were told by Kate and Gerry about Maddie going missing the shutters were jemmied but the police found them intact.

They are both intelligent people but still left 3'children under 4 unsupervised, at night, in a foreign country after the eldest child told them she had been crying for them the previous.night. Now, I'm no Doctor but even my intellect tells me that's wrong

Last edited by AnnieK; 06-06-2020 at 12:57 AM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:37 AM #187

Quote:
There are numerous family members who said that when they were told by Kate and Gerry about Maddie going missing the shutters were jemmied but the police found them intact.

See I don’t know anywhere near enough about this case and especially the “facts” surrounding it but again it just seems unlikely that their family members would be saying things that would incriminate the McCanns ... it sounds remarkably like simple media talk

. May I ask where you got that info on the family statements ?

Old 06-06-2020, 07:46 AM #188

Quote:
See I don’t know anywhere near enough about this case and especially the “facts” surrounding it but again it just seems unlikely that their family members would be saying things that would incriminate the McCanns ... it sounds remarkably like simple media talk

. May I ask where you got that info on the family statements ?

Again, it was mentioned on the documentaries and in interviews since then.....hang on I'll find a link.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:50 AM #189

Quote:
Again, it was mentioned on the documentaries and in interviews since then.....hang on I'll find a link.

But surely if there were serious discrepancies in the McCann’s story they would have been charged with something ... if only falsifying evidence or wasting police time or whatever?

Old 06-06-2020, 07:53 AM #190

Quote:
But surely if there were serious discrepancies in the McCann’s story they would have been charged with something ... if only falsifying evidence or wasting police time or whatever?

It could simply be the stress of the time.....that is why there is such strong feelings on them. When they were classed as official suspects in the early days, Kate refused to answer a lot of the police questions and did some quite questionable things like washing Maddies fave toy....could be a sign of guilt but equally of shock. The whole case is devisive.....
Old 06-06-2020, 08:39 AM #191

Quote:
It could simply be the stress of the time.....that is why there is such strong feelings on them. When they were classed as official suspects in the early days, Kate refused to answer a lot of the police questions and did some quite questionable things like washing Maddies fave toy....could be a sign of guilt but equally of shock. The whole case is devisive.....

That’s a fair comment

Old 06-06-2020, 08:55 AM #192
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Who knows? There are numerous family members who said that when they were told by Kate and Gerry about Maddie going missing the shutters were jemmied but the police found them intact.

They are both intelligent people but still left 3'children under 4 unsupervised, at night, in a foreign country after the eldest child told them she had been crying for them the previous.night. Now, I'm no Doctor but even my intellect tells me that's wrong

There are so many inconsistencies in this tragedy.
The second paragraph of your post is what always sticks with me.
It's something I cannot get past myself in this case.
Really strong post again Annie.

If the Parents really know nothing about what happened or whether they do.
As to any development or result of this.
Your last paragraph above, makes the most worrying and confusing reading on the loss of this child.

Maybe confusion is all that's been created in this whole tragedy to offset any concrete results being possible.
Obviously now, this new investigation, yet another, despite all the previous investigating, we need to see where this goes I guess.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:59 AM #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
There are so many inconsistencies in this tragedy.
The second paragraph of your post is what always sticks with me.
It's something I cannot get past myself in this case.
Really strong post again Annie.

If the Parents really know nothing about what happened or whether they do.
As to any development or result of this.
Your last paragraph above, makes the most worrying and confusing reading on the loss of this child.

Maybe confusion is all that's been created in this whole tragedy to offset any concrete results being possible.
Obviously now, this new investigation, yet another, despite all the previous investigating, we need to see where this goes I guess.
So good to see you posting Joey

I desperately want to feel terribly sorry for the McCanns. They have faced the unspeakable that is every parent's worst fear.....but I can't get past them leaving them alone at such a young age.

Last edited by AnnieK; 06-06-2020 at 08:59 AM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:57 AM #194
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

You would think. . . The lead Portuguese detective made them suspects and then was taken off the case and case was shelved (again these are all verified facts not rumours or made up stories)

They're being protected for some reason and if you dont believe dodgy conspiracy esque stuff like that goes on just watch the Jeffrey Epstein documentary

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:03 PM #195
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I'm not a massive fan of Judge Rinder but I agree with his comments yesterday, where he said that the McCanns had been hideously libelled by Internet trolls. I couldn't agree more. All the people who think they're privy to certain information because they read it on the Internet, written by other trolls. You'd think that if the information is that solid, why someone - anyone - could verify these "facts". But, no....

The Portuguese police mishandled the case from day one. One bungle after another... and they closed the case far too soon. Luckily, Scotland Yard and Interpol were less tardy.

If this paedophile is convicted, I hope the McCanns spend any money left in the pot bringing Internet trolls into court.

Last edited by Livia; 06-06-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:23 PM #196

Quote:
I'm not a massive fan of Judge Rinder but I agree with his comments yesterday, where he said that the McCanns had been hideously libelled by Internet trolls. I couldn't agree more. All the people who think they're privy to certain information because they read it on the Internet, written by other trolls. You'd think that if the information is that solid, why someone - anyone - could verify these "facts". But, no....

The Portuguese police mishandled the case from day one. One bungle after another... and they closed the case far too soon. Luckily, Scotland Yard and Interpol were less tardy.

If this paedophile is convicted, I hope the McCanns spend any money left in the pot bringing Internet trolls into court.

Excellent take on things !

Old 06-06-2020, 12:25 PM #197
Banned

Banned

And this lead will end up going nowhere because there was no conspiracy or kidnapping, just two negligent parents covering up their grave mistake.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:58 PM #198
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I also think the McCanns are victim of inverted snobbery. How many times have I heard that if they were working class they would have been treated worse, that people would have imagined they were guilty rather than imagining they were innocent. I remember Karen Matthews. She was working class and was treated as innocent right up to the time they found her guilty.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 PM #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
And this lead will end up going nowhere because there was no conspiracy or kidnapping, just two negligent parents covering up their grave mistake.

Nobody knows that for sure ..

Old 06-06-2020, 05:13 PM #200

Quote:
I also think the McCanns are victim of inverted snobbery. How many times have I heard that if they were working class they would have been treated worse, that people would have imagined they were guilty rather than imagining they were innocent. I remember Karen Matthews. She was working class and was treated as innocent right up to the time they found her guilty.

Interesting..

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
disappearance, identify, madeline, mccann, scotland, suspect, yard