RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 21-06-2020, 03:04 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):

I get that it's cooler to hate Cracker but if you genuinely listen to how she expresses her emotions I find her to be really authentic and sincere with her intentions. I also thought it was wrong for Alexis to assume Cracker doesn't respect her because ofc Cracker only listed Shea, Mariah and Jujubee because they are the only 3 that have actually given Cracker the benefit of the doubt. Alexis, Blair and Mayhem had all experienced tension with Cracker so it makes sense that Cracker would want to articulate that she felt more comfortable working with people whom she had not experienced any abrasiveness from.

What she did to Ongina was wrong, but I definitely felt for Cracker when she opened up about not being able to form long-lasting human relationships due to her being misunderstood. I think she was being unfairly scapegoated by Alexis in this week's episode because to scold someone for playing mind games during the "morning table chat" whilst simultaneously playing mind games during the morning table chat is questionable behaviour to say the least.
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 03:07 PM #27

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Cracker was also accused by Alexis of not taking any accountability for how she made Ongina feel, when actually Cracker stated on two occasions (once during the "deliberation period" of episode 2 and once in the workroom during episode 3) that she should have approached the situation much differently.

Personally I think Alexis was feeling insecure that she interpreted what Cracker said as Cracker highlighting the "best competitors", and she was butthurt that she wasn't included alongside Juju/Shea as being a top performer.
Old 21-06-2020, 03:10 PM #28
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 03:42 PM #29
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Since when was it wrong for a drag queen to say how she feels? I’d understand if it was genuinely mean-spirited but Miz Cracker was right about Ongina. From what we saw she’d checked out of the competition the moment she got there. What I think is tacky is for her to weaponise Cracker’s words and insinuate she had genuine intention to hurt her. That’s a reach of you ask me.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 05:46 PM #30
Banned

Banned

Cracker's in the wrong for pretty much everything. She tried to show up Ongina and played on her insecurities to do so and she got blowback for it and she threw very intentional shade with the 'respect' line and got blown up for it. She's not sorry that she did those things, she's sorry it backfired on her and the racist fans will be quick to demonise Alexis for standing her ground while coddling Cracker and making her out to be the victim.

What Cracker did to Ongina was unprompted and purely for the drama and it was so hypocritical considering how she pretty much rallied her fanbase against Asia for saying she should go home in their season. Asia said what she said when prompted to do, Cracker made that decision to go after Ongina and then tell most of the workroom that she doesn't respect them. Let's not forget that Cracker fans told Asia to basically burn to death because of it yet when Cracker does something wrong it's all 'but she's just misunderstood and awkward!' Bored of it.

It's all apololies and victim acts with Cracker and given the hatred that Alexis is getting, it's basically a repeat of Cracker's first season.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 06:12 PM #31
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Since when was it wrong for a drag queen to say how she feels? I’d understand if it was genuinely mean-spirited but Miz Cracker was right about Ongina. From what we saw she’d checked out of the competition the moment she got there. What I think is tacky is for her to weaponise Cracker’s words and insinuate she had genuine intention to hurt her. That’s a reach of you ask me.
Cracker doing that Ongina was such a weak thing to do. The whole "Wite-Out" thing was unnecessary regardless of how Ongina felt. There are ways to say things and not look that harsh.
Cracker knew Ongina was a lesser threat and "weaker" than her, and she still did it. It's like picking on the weakest one to make yourself tougher. That's lame.

I bet she won't do it to Shea or Jujubee anytime soon.
And Mayhem was right about clocking her straight up at the beginning of the episode.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 21-06-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 07:40 PM #32
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Cracker doing that Ongina was such a weak thing to do. The whole "Wite-Out" thing was unnecessary regardless of how Ongina felt. There are ways to say things and not look that harsh.
Cracker knew Ongina was a lesser threat and "weaker" than her, and she still did it. It's like picking on the weakest one to make yourself tougher. That's lame.

I bet she won't do it to Shea or Jujubee anytime soon.
And Mayhem was right about clocking her straight up at the beginning of the episode.
I don't think it's weak to say your opinion. The 'Wite-Out' thing was a playful reference to BenDeLaCreme's wite-out moment in AS3 and was another way of saying she thinks Ongina should've been in the bottom. It's not the first time a queen has said X should've been in the bottom or X should've gone home, and it just so happens that the queens get to vote this season and Cracker was honest about what she thought.

I think there's an overreaction from people who are using this moment to validate their dislike for Miz Cracker because they always disliked her, which is fair enough but it's like she's Osama Bin Laden to some fans - it's weird, lmao. also, tbh, Mayhem would never have spoke out had Miz Cracker not prompted her to do so.

Last edited by Braden; 21-06-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:54 PM #33
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
I don't think it's weak to say your opinion. The 'Wite-Out' thing was a playful reference to BenDeLaCreme's wite-out moment in AS3 and was another way of saying she thinks Ongina should've been in the bottom. It's not the first time a queen has said X should've been in the bottom or X should've gone home, and it just so happens that the queens get to vote this season and Cracker was honest about what she thought.

I think there's an overreaction from people who are using this moment to validate their dislike for Miz Cracker because they always disliked her, which is fair enough but it's like she's Osama Bin Laden to some fans - it's weird, lmao. also, tbh, Mayhem would never have spoke out had Miz Cracker not prompted her to do so.
It's fine for someone to state their opinion without getting into someone's head that harshly. She didn't have to do that to Ongina, she could have said it in a thousand different matters. She put Ongina's head under the water while Ongina was already drowning. She wasn't even in the bottom 2 so wtf. That was weak and that's that.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:57 PM #34
Nah

Nah

And I'm not even a Cracker hater tbh She's fine, she did well in her season (top 5 is not bad), her drag doesn't have a big effect on me though, and she keeps doing that shady stuff all the time. It's hard to not look at it and question wtf she is doing in pretty much every episode. She's doing this to herself.
Old 21-06-2020, 07:57 PM #35

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

She was wrong for what she said to Ongina and she acknowledged that and apologised, that doesn’t make Alexis any less wrong for the way she went at Cracker though
Old 21-06-2020, 08:02 PM #36
Nah

Nah

When you hear someone say they don't respect you, I'm pretty certain you're not going to like it that well. You may not like someone, but having no respect is harsh. Maybe that was not what Cracker meant, but the delivery and choice of words wasn't good. I get it that Alexis heard that and felt hurt.
It's petty drama anyway, but the fandom on Twitter/Instagram is going insane and extra over it making it difficult to enjoy the episodes sometimes
Old 21-06-2020, 08:11 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

She didn’t say that though did she? Alexis made an argument out of something that wasn’t said for the sake of it
Old 21-06-2020, 08:15 PM #38
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
She didn’t say that though did she? Alexis made an argument out of something that wasn’t said for the sake of it
But she didn't just mention Mariah or Shea, she mentionned Jujubee too who wasn't in her maxi challenge group. So by that Alexis thought it meant Cracker didn't respect her. That's heavily implied. And I see it to be fair.

Tbf it's not that deep. It's RPDR drama after all
Old 21-06-2020, 08:37 PM #39
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
It's fine for someone to state their opinion without getting into someone's head that harshly. She didn't have to do that to Ongina, she could have said it in a thousand different matters. She put Ongina's head under the water while Ongina was already drowning. She wasn't even in the bottom 2 so wtf. That was weak and that's that.
Was it really that harsh, though? I might have to re-watch. I mean, Ongina is almost 40-years-old, I don’t think she had to be treated with kid-gloves. Her performance was bad, tbh, and any combination of the bottom three could’ve been up for elimination.
Old 21-06-2020, 08:57 PM #40
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

My problem with Cracker is I think she suffers from serious delusions of grandeur. Idk if it’s because she’s heralded so much by fans for very little (I mean she won one maxi challenge in her series, and her partner in the makeover challenge pretty much bagged her that win) or because she genuinely believes she is *THAT* bitch in the first place.

She has a lot to say for someone who is mediocre at best for a Drag Race girl.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 09:08 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
She's not sorry that she did those things, she's sorry it backfired on her and the racist fans will be quick to demonise Alexis for standing her ground while coddling Cracker and making her out to be the victim.
Not really. Cracker was definitely in the wrong for coming at Ongina but that doesn't warrant Alexis to do the same thing to Cracker the following week. It may be a taste of Cracker's own medicine or whatever but in Alexis' case you can't scald someones behaviour whilst calling her out infront of the group exactly like she did.

Quote:
What Cracker did to Ongina was unprompted and purely for the drama and it was so hypocritical considering how she pretty much rallied her fanbase against Asia for saying she should go home in their season.

It's all apololies and victim acts with Cracker and given the hatred that Alexis is getting, it's basically a repeat of Cracker's first season.
This is tea though. I think Cracker gets as much hate as she deserves though, and certainly not more hate than Alexis Mateo has ever had!
Old 22-06-2020, 11:14 AM #42
Abi :)

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Abi :)

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

I don't think Cracker is a "villain" in any sense. I understand her anxiety and her lacking in knowledge about communication. I genuinely believe she would like to improve in that regard, and it was evident in how she regretted the way she approached Ongina and how she came across.

On the other hand, Alexis was hurt by the fact that she felt like Cracker didn't respect her, when, again, Cracker's communication skills were lacking, and what she said came across as though she didn't respect Alexis and a few other queens. Though I understand why Alexis was upset, I think the argument that came after was quite un-necessary, and a miscommunication on both parts, especially Cracker's.

I'm not a Cracker or Alexis stan, and I think if anyone was in the wrong, they both were, at different points. What Cracker said to Ongina could've been said with better intentions, yet at least she admitted that she would've said it differently later on.
Alexis didn't attempt to get any clarity, instead making a case for herself as she felt like she wasn't being viewed as competition.

That's just my point of view, but to each their own.

Last edited by bbcanicons; 22-06-2020 at 11:14 AM.
bbcanicons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 01:12 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Cracker made a point of listing who she respected with the strong insinuation that she didn't respect anyone whose name she didn't state because she wasn't just talking about her group. Alexis was right to pull her up on it because she basically belittled anyone who wasn't Jujubee or in her group.

Alexis did nothing wrong, it's all on Cracker.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 02:00 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Alexis had a problem with Cracker the entire episode. When she piped up regarding the "respect" comment it was already like Round 3 for Alexis at this point. Like I said before, Cracker had problems working with Mayhem/Blair last week and there was also a lot of underlying tension (specifically from Mayhem) which was never addressed with Cracker head-on. If Cracker's trying to articulate a point regarding being able to work comfortably/mesh well with certain queens in the competition, she simply isn't going to include people she has personal differences with. The only queen she truly excluded for no good reason was India.
Old 22-06-2020, 02:23 PM #45
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Alexis had a problem with Cracker the entire episode. When she piped up regarding the "respect" comment it was already like Round 3 for Alexis at this point. Like I said before, Cracker had problems working with Mayhem/Blair last week and there was also a lot of underlying tension (specifically from Mayhem) which was never addressed with Cracker head-on. If Cracker's trying to articulate a point regarding being able to work comfortably/mesh well with certain queens in the competition, she simply isn't going to include people she has personal differences with. The only queen she truly excluded for no good reason was India.
But there's a difference between "being able to work comfortably/mesh well" and "respect". You can still respect someone and not being able to work comfortably. It happens in everybody's lives. I get that Alexis felt hurt or concerned about it. She really did nothing wrong yet to hear that Cracker doesn't respect her.

Surely a wrong choice of words from Cracker, she could have said "I find it easier to work with Mariah, Shea and Jujubee" for instance.
And it's just like when she went for Ongina, she could have just said "I felt like you should have been in the bottom 2" and end it. But no, she went extra both times and is now complaining about feeling misunderstood.
But she said what she said. Everybody understands her sound and clear.
Old 22-06-2020, 02:32 PM #46
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Cracker made a point of listing who she respected with the strong insinuation that she didn't respect anyone whose name she didn't state because she wasn't just talking about her group. Alexis was right to pull her up on it because she basically belittled anyone who wasn't Jujubee or in her group.

Alexis did nothing wrong, it's all on Cracker.
How was the insinuation strong, though?

I understand Alexis' thought-process because Jujubee was included in the list of people, but it was probably subconscious on Cracker's part. I don't think it was a heavy-handed insinuation.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
e3, get a room, rpdr, s5, spoilers