Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #301
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,991


Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
What is there to investigate? Some black people did a dance about current world issues and racists complained. Case closed.

Glad to see ITV and OFCOM both throwing the complaints in the bin where they belong.
Its not a "world issue" its an issue in the USA. It has zero bearings in the UK and as such was a totally bizarre topic and wholly unsuitable.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #302
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its not a "world issue" its an issue in the USA. It has zero bearings in the UK and as such was a totally bizarre topic and wholly unsuitable.
They can dance about what they like tbh

If people don't like it they can not buy tickets to their live shows, and if enough people don't like it then tv shows can stop booking them. But if enough people do like them, the tv show will lose out on viewers.

Similar to how some bookstores are daft enough to not stock JK Rowling books in case it sends someone into a spiral of despair If we can expect transpeople to be a grow up about a wad of paper with printing on it, I'm sure we can cope with dancers doing a dance ... no matter how daft it may be.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:26 PM   #303
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,991


Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
They can dance about what they like tbh

If people don't like it they can not buy tickets to their live shows, and if enough people don't like it then tv shows can stop booking them. But if enough people do like them, the tv show will lose out on viewers.

Similar to how some bookstores are daft enough to not stock JK Rowling books in case it sends someone into a spiral of despair If we can expect transpeople to be a grow up about a wad of paper with printing on it, I'm sure we can cope with dancers doing a dance ... no matter how daft it may be.
sure and people can tell them they are woke plonkers virtue signalling into an extreme left echo chamber

we love free speech
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:30 PM   #304
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
sure and people can tell them they are woke plonkers virtue signalling into an extreme left echo chamber

we love free speech
Yup, I totally support people expressing their views - how kind of me
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #305
parmnion
What!
 
parmnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ESSEX via scotland
Posts: 30,020

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
What is there to investigate? Some black people did a dance about current world issues and racists complained. Case closed.

Glad to see ITV and OFCOM both throwing the complaints in the bin where they belong.
It's more about the white performer..

Because they had black youths being persecuted in the dance routine it was saying that black youths are peraecuted...

May be true me be not?


But they had a white cop performer.. so that's saying white cops are bad to the viewer..


And it's not exactly a topic for prime time saturday night viewing anyway is it? The manslaughter of someone...

Last edited by parmnion; 18-09-2020 at 08:44 PM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 08:54 PM   #306
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,991


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
It's more about the white performer..

Because they had black youths being persecuted in the dance routine it was saying that black youths are peraecuted...

May be true me be not?


But they had a white cop performer.. so that's saying white cops are bad to the viewer..


And it's not exactly a topic for prime time saturday night viewing anyway is it? The manslaughter of someone...

I have had videos deleted and infractions for posting similar videos "dont show images of people dying. 13 year olds look at tibb"

a lot younger watch bgt............
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #307
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,715

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its not a "world issue" its an issue in the USA. It has zero bearings in the UK and as such was a totally bizarre topic and wholly unsuitable.
Yes, racism only exists in the United States.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
I have had videos deleted and infractions for posting similar videos "dont show images of people dying. 13 year olds look at tibb"

a lot younger watch bgt............
If you can't tell the difference between a real video of someone dying and a dance then there's really no helping you.
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:08 PM   #308
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,991


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Yes, racism only exists in the United States.



if you have evidence it was racism post it here:
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #309
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Yes, racism only exists in the United States.
How do you know it was a racist attack? The cop was restraining a violent and struggling man who had (allegedly) recently necked a bunch of drugs, where is the evidence his skin colour had anything to do with it?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of

Last edited by Oliver_W; 18-09-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #310
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,715

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

Show me proof the dance was worth complaining about.
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:13 PM   #311
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Show me proof the dance was worth complaining about.
I don't need to because I never claimed it was worth complaining about whereas you did claim the cop was racist without any real proof.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #312
LeatherTrumpet
Senile Member
 
LeatherTrumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68,991


Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I don't need to because I never claimed it was worth complaining about whereas you did claim the cop was racist without any real proof.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:16 PM   #313
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,715

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

I don't need to provide evidence to argue with your ignorance. The world's reaction to it shows it was racism as well as the fact that the cop was charged with MURDER?
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #314
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
I don't need to provide evidence to argue with your ignorance. The world's reaction to it shows it was racism as well as the fact that the cop was charged with MURDER?
I never said he wasn't a murderer. Do you think every murderer is a racist? People's reactions mean zip, as virtually any election will tell you. Where's the actual evidence the death was race related rather than circumstantial?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:20 PM   #315
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,715

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I never said he wasn't a murderer. Do you think every murderer is a racist? People's reactions mean zip, as virtually any election will tell you. Where's the actual evidence the death was race related rather than circumstantial?
Oh, so you think that the fact that he was black was just a happy coincidence?
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:22 PM   #316
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Oh, so you think that the fact that he was black was just a happy coincidence?
I think he was resisting arrest and fighting a cop, and had just overdosed on drugs, and had been saying he couldn't breathe before he was restrained. What part of that do you think is race related?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #317
Rob!
No filter
 
Rob!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,715

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
CBB20: Helen Lederer
IAC2017: Rebeckah Vardy


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I think he was resisting arrest and fighting a cop, and had just overdosed on drugs, and had been saying he couldn't breathe before he was restrained. What part of that do you think is race related?
Youíve just admitted he was murdered...what do you think his killer was, just an overzealous vigilante?
__________________
Rob! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #318
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob! View Post
Youíve just admitted he was murdered...what do you think his killer was, just an overzealous vigilante?
I think he was a cop.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:31 PM   #319
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 20,043

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Seeing as black people in America are 3x more likely to die at the hands of the police than white people, I think it is intrinsically a race issue when a black person is murdered by an officer
__________________

Last edited by Liam-; 18-09-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #320
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Seeing as black people in America are 3x more likely to die at the hands of the police, I think it is intrinsically a race issue when a black person is murdered by an officer
Under a quarter pf people killed by the police in the USA were black last year

Spoiler:



and what does that have to do with George Floyd? He only represents himself. His killer isn't all cops.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of

Last edited by Oliver_W; 18-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:41 PM   #321
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 20,043

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Under a quarter pf people killed by the police in the USA were black last year

Spoiler:



and what does that have to do with George Floyd? He only represents himself. His killer isn't all cops.
You realise that graph proves my point right?

Of course more white people are killed, because there are more of them, a quarter of the annual police killings belonging to a 13% minority of the population means they’re killed at a higher, disproportionate rate
__________________

Last edited by Liam-; 18-09-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:43 PM   #322
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
You realise that graph proves my point right?

Of course more white people are killed, because there are more of them, 25% of the annual police killings belonging to a 13% minority of the population means theyíre killed at a higher, disproportionate rate
Because they're also over-represented in crime - who do you think is more likely to get arrested, people who do or do not commit crimes?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #323
Marsh.
User banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,924


Default

The evidence is common sense.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #324
Oliver_W
#BatmanLovesMilk
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,618

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
The evidence is common sense.
How? He was violently resisting arrested and had allegedly taken drugs, how does that make the cop a racist?
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2020, 09:48 PM   #325
Marsh.
User banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,924


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
How? He was violently resisting arrested and had allegedly taken drugs, how does that make the cop a racist?
"Allegedly"

Yet... he's dead.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bgt, blm, complains, ofcom, performance, receives, thousands

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts