Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-01-2021, 12:02 PM #76
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Good god, that was an essay and a half. And a lot of irrelevant waffle too really

I thik am storing it all up for when I come on forums, as I dare not post any statuses to do with it, as its divided the country even more than brexit did, and anyone who posts anything, be it that they are a lockdown fan, or think things are to strict, gets jumped on immediately.

Am awaiting a pile on actually, as saying that I did post what I think is my first covid related status this morning. After reading about people kicking off that some shops are still selling clothes. As clothes are not a necessity apparently. like, try having yung children who grow at a ridiculous rate, or speaking to the likes of NHS staff who are working so long/hard that their uniforms are hanging on by threads. Yeah, theres the amazn option, however..my experience of clothes buying on amazon, or online in general really..has been you order a size 14, and it comes 3 weeks later and says 14 but is either a 6 or a 20

I cannot begin to even try working out how its been deemed clothes are not essential, yet takeaway coffee and mcdonalds and such is..
I think it’s moreso that takeaway food that can produce it under covid reactions is deemed essential, it’s not McDonald’s. And I agree with it. There will be hospital nurse/doctor shift workers and other essential workers working 13 hour shifts and getting a takeaway after working 8am-9pm could be something they require / deemed essential. There are many more examples that could be given for example.

Quite a few of my friends working in the hospital will get a takeaway after their really long shifts as they don’t have the time to shop or cook something and usually the shops are closed by the time they finish, often they get called in on the day or as an emergency so they can’t prepare food in advance.

I do agree with the clothes as well though, they should just restrict the number of people able to enter the shop and have someone who does that, meaning people should expect queues outside shops, And so i agree with you there

Last edited by DouglasS; 19-01-2021 at 12:06 PM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 12:29 PM #77
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
I think it’s moreso that takeaway food that can produce it under covid reactions is deemed essential, it’s not McDonald’s. And I agree with it. There will be hospital nurse/doctor shift workers and other essential workers working 13 hour shifts and getting a takeaway after working 8am-9pm could be something they require / deemed essential. There are many more examples that could be given for example.

Quite a few of my friends working in the hospital will get a takeaway after their really long shifts as they don’t have the time to shop or cook something and usually the shops are closed by the time they finish, often they get called in on the day or as an emergency so they can’t prepare food in advance.

I do agree with the clothes as well though, they should just restrict the number of people able to enter the shop and have someone who does that, meaning people should expect queues outside shops, And so i agree with you there
Oh I agree that takeaways and such should be open..don't get me wrong. Its much easier, and possibly the only option for some keyworkers to just get something in the rare times they are not at work. Its more the...clothes are not essential, you aren't going anywhere!!! lot who are perfectly happy for other 'non essential' places being open as they use those, that are bloody anoying me. They don't need/want to buy clothes, great. That doesn't mean noone else should be able to buy them if needed..not everyone is in the house 24/7, as many have to work, or have other reasons fr leaving the house. And arguably, its not a good route to go down, telling people that if they are in the house, they don't need to/shouldn't wear clothes ever

Technically takeaways, clothes etc could be deemed non essential, but that would make life far too hard for people. All the kickoffs about clothes is reminding me of the huge amount of people in lockdown1, who were screaming that literally only the NHS and carehomes should be functioning. Which even a few seconds of though shows thats bloody nonsense. No buses, no power plants, no internet, no banking, etc?! People actively wanted that and thought it was a possibility? Just seems weird.

The 'essential' argument is an interesting one too, as you could make the argument that most things are essential for some people. My mum brought that up and its true really. She used a bottle of vodka as her example, and I thought she had gone a bit mad at first. But she meant, a bottle of vodka is an essential to someone who is alcohol dependant. They could be fined or whatever for going to the shop just for vodka, but it IS essential to them, else they could end up dead or in hospital. Something like..puzzle books. Sound a ridiculous 'essential' to most, however, I am fairly sure that my mother in law would have hurt herself by now if she didn't buy daily puzzlebooks to keep her mind busy. My brother in law was questioned by police about why he was buying child wellies. Now, this was not essential as such, however he was out to get the normal shopping, he didn't go specifically to get the wellies. Seems..harsh and even counterproducitve to me really sometimes. I totally get not wanting people to go out browsing the aisles for hours just to get out of the house. But picking up a non essential during an essential visit is wrong too..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 19-01-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
covid19, death, rate, uk, world, worst