Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:29 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...yeah, it’s quite amazing that he could have been given a sentence of a minimum of 20yrs to be served with only circumstantial evidence...that’s actually pretty terrifying, when you think...
Definitely scary :/

He could have potentially been out by now if he admitted guilt but said he wont ever admit to it as he never done it.

I'm actually so undecided but would like to know the true person had been put away for it because Jodi deserves justice especially with how horrific a crime it was.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:32 AM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the thing that struck me in the first part and why my final thoughts were leaning toward Luke...

Spoiler:

...was his jacket that was missing and that there was evidence of a recent burning in the garden...and his mum bought him a new jacket so if it was burned because of what it revealed...his mum must have known what he did for sure...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:34 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post

He could have potentially been out by now if he admitted guilt but said he wont ever admit to it as he never done it.

I'm actually so undecided but would like to know the true person had been put away for it because Jodi deserves justice especially with how horrific a crime it was.
...yeah, that’s the thing as well...the thought that someone who could have done anything so horrific as that, could not have faced any justice...With such a violent rage crime like that, though...would they not have killed again, is what my thoughts are as well...it does t feel as though it would be a ‘one off’ crime...

Last edited by Ammi; 02-03-2021 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:41 AM #29
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it’s also difficult because if Luke did kill her...everyone would have felt, really..?...only twenty years and he’ll still have so much life to live when he’s released ...
Old 02-03-2021, 08:59 AM #30
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post

This is the thing I can never understand about these cases, you know if it was your loved one who had died surely you would want the right person punished not just any person.

I'm saying this in general of course because I haven't watched the documentary and I don't know anything about the case. I will try to find it on youtube though

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:20 AM #31
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

....just about half way through the 2nd part and now leaning toward him being innocent...

Spoiler:

...words really do have such weight with their meaning and how they’re used...when Luke was led from the court and it was said that he didn’t show a flicker of emotion...?...we only saw that small glimpse of him as he was led into the police van...but even with that small glimpse, what I saw was someone who seemed in total shock and completely stunned and almost being ‘dragged’ by the officer, really...he just seemed quite motionless, but his legs still walking and going through those motions all on their own...one thing that I really didn’t agree with, which is I guess, a by the by...was when it was said that if Luke was innocent then society had done something dreadful and that we need to take a look at ourselves...but it would be the police and justice system who would have done something dreadful and would have to look at theirselves, surely...?..not an outer society...

...I’m still conflicted in that I can see how difficult/unlikely it would have been for Luke to have walked all of the way home without being seen and there would have been so much blood on him...?...but then, that would be the same for anyone locally...so someone who wasn’t local to the area and a stranger to Jodi...?....

...I agree with Josy about the reconstruction, it achieved nothing and was just annoying...how could someone focusing on driving, be a reliable witness for the few seconds it would take to pass...I mean, if she could identify Luke then she was surely driving without due care and attention...?...it was such a narrow glimpse of them and she really had to be led into looking for them in the reconstruction anyway, it took three attempts and directly leading her, more or less....but as was said as well...the case had been huge and the court case had been huge with Luke’s image everywhere for 19 months ...so why didn’t she then say that she couldn’t and wouldn’t identify him in court...why use that time up in court in calling her up as a witness... or why did she not tell them it was pointless her going to court...that didn’t make sense...

...The moped boys have just been mentioned so I haven’t watched much about them yet but already that feels odd and suspicious...when it was asked for anyone who was in that area at the time of her murder to contact them ...?...her own cousin took 5 days to come forward, when his moped had been seen at that very time of the killing....
Old 02-03-2021, 12:18 PM #32
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I’ve just finished watching the second part and that’s just so compelling as well...

Spoiler:

...I agree with Josy completely, in that I think that Luke deserves a retrial because so much was wrong with this case form the off...the police interview was so incredibly disturbing to listen to...they seemed to have already decided Luke’s guilt ...he was a child himself and he wasn’t able to have any legal council or any parent/adult support with him...their whole stance was aggressive and hostile and even with the nature of the crime being so horrific...police interviewing is surely trained and disciplined, etc...especially when interviewing what would have been suspected as being a very disturbed child...really there should have been police answerability for that part of the process...

...I think Stephen Kelly’s DNA could be more easily explained, with him being Jodi’s sister’s boyfriend and Jodi wearing her sister’s T-shirt... but one of the Moped Boys and chopping his hair off and changing his appearance just after her killing...plus Mark Kane’s huge face scratches and it was said in the first part, how she had put up a fight...is the one who can’t be named, Jodi’s cousin, then or another relative...?..how can one person not be named but the others can be..?...anyway Corrine and Luke both agreeing to do the lie detector and both of them passing it..which wouldn’t necessarily suggest innocence but it would suggest reasonable doubt ...which would surely mean a retrial would be deserved...

...the end was heartbreaking with Corrine and her health and her living conditions and the society outcast she had become...her life stopped that day as well, in a way....but obviously it’s heartbreaking if she didn’t help her son to cover up the taking of Jodi’s life from her family...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, jodi, jones, luke, mitchel, mitchell, murder, small, thread, town