Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 12:06 AM #276

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It’s certainly put to bed any argument that the criticisms of Harry and Meghan have anything at all to do with “respect for the monarchy”. It was a dubious claim to begin with, but it’s been highlighted as clearly false now.
Oh really? Imagine people being angry that while a 99 yr old grandfather was dying and his 95 year old wife was devastated, their grandson and his wife appear on global TV and try to damage the institution they had both spent 70 years dedicating their lives to.
What is clearly false is all the holier than thou and preachy posts from people who really don't give a damn about the monarchy, the Queen, or Prince Philip for that matter. It's all about not wanting any criticism of the 'can do no wrong' Harry and Meghan.
Family values and loyalty? Respect for the elderly. Who cares about things like that anymore, eh?

Last edited by jet; 11-04-2021 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:30 AM #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Oh really? Imagine people being angry that while a 99 yr old grandfather was dying and his 95 year old wife was devastated, their grandson and his wife appear on global TV and try to damage the institution they had both spent 70 years dedicating their lives to.
What is clearly false is all the holier than thou and preachy posts from people who really don't give a damn about the monarchy, the Queen, or Prince Philip for that matter. It's all about not wanting any criticism of the 'can do no wrong' Harry and Meghan.
Family values and loyalty? Respect for the elderly. Who cares about things like that anymore, eh?
This is what I am struggling to get to grips with in all this. Harry obviously has some deep seated resentment to the family, possibly because of the Monarchys response to his own mothers death and how that shaped his life. Family dynamics are so intricate, if you are not personally involved its so hard to be able to comment.

Harry wants to be with his family, they all want to grieve together, the media storm is not respectful for afamily who have lost a loved member. Its shameful in all honesty and will only add to the Queens grief
Old 11-04-2021, 12:41 AM #278
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
This is what I am struggling to get to grips with in all this. Harry obviously has some deep seated resentment to the family, possibly because of the Monarchys response to his own mothers death and how that shaped his life. Family dynamics are so intricate, if you are not personally involved its so hard to be able to comment.

Harry wants to be with his family, they all want to grieve together, the media storm is not respectful for afamily who have lost a loved member. Its shameful in all honesty and will only add to the Queens grief
Absolutely

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:46 AM #279

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Well he should deal with his resentment privately with his family or talk to his friends or his therapist, there is no excuse for what he and Meghan did and when they did it. NONE.

What media storm? I haven't seen anything in the papers or on TV other than Harry is coming to the UK and Meghan has been advised against it by a doctor. Nothing that could be described as a 'storm' in any way.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:43 AM #280

Quote:
Well he should deal with his resentment privately with his family or talk to his friends or his therapist, there is no excuse for what he and Meghan did and when they did it. NONE.

What media storm? I haven't seen anything in the papers or on TV other than Harry is coming to the UK and Meghan has been advised against it by a doctor. Nothing that could be described as a 'storm' in any way.
Well we have had LT quoting polls.on whether people think Meghan should attend, every paper carrying similar, forums such as this saying she shouldn't return etc etc. I could go on if you like?

You say there is no excuse for what he did.....exactly what did he do that was so wrong? The racism thing? He ensured it was known that it was not his grandmother or grandfather involved.

There was no excuse for the Queens coldness after Diana died, you yourself said it cooled your feelings towards her. Harry may be exhibiting learned behaviour??
Old 11-04-2021, 01:57 AM #281

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well we have had LT quoting polls.on whether people think Meghan should attend, every paper carrying similar, forums such as this saying she shouldn't return etc etc. I could go on if you like?

You say there is no excuse for what he did.....exactly what did he do that was so wrong? The racism thing? He ensured it was known that it was not his grandmother or grandfather involved.

There was no excuse for the Queens coldness after Diana died, you yourself said it cooled your feelings towards her. Harry may be exhibiting learned behaviour??
The Queen didn't go on global TV and tell the world that Diana's family was racist and and let her partner say how heartless Diana's family was and tell a lot of lies while Diana's beloved husband was lying dying.
THAT is what he did wrong. If you think that is fine, for me there is no point in discussing it with you any further.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:00 AM #282

Quote:
Where have I 'bashed' Harry? Saying that a tribute didn't show warmth means to you that I was implying he mustn't love his grandfather? That is what you SO want it to mean because you are always so OTT dramatic and often so wrong because you think you are such a wonderful mind reader.

What you are really doing is weaponising the death of an elderly man to bash someone for not adoring Meghan like you do.

....and don't talk about respect for the elderly when you fail to criticize Meghan and Harry for what they did to their very elderly grandparents. The hypocrisy!
To be fair, most of the Royal houses just retweeted the official statement. That is not showing warmth either. It is an emotional time for them all, online sentiments are not even posted by them I would imagine. I hardly think that Kate, William, Charles etc are sat on insta at this time
Old 11-04-2021, 02:09 AM #283

Smile

Quote:
The Queen didn't go on global TV and tell the world that Diana's family was racist and and let her partner say how heartless Diana's family was and tell a lot of lies while Diana's beloved husband was lying dying.
THAT is what he did wrong. If you think that is fine, for me there is no point in discussing it with you any further.
No the Queen was very conspicuous on her silence after the death of Diana...which spoke volumes to the British public. We have discussed this before Jet, you confirmed her behaviour was not cool. These are people, actual human beings, not robots. Sadly, due to birthright, things play out differently. Harry will be aware of family secrets that were allowed to play out in public....charles and camilla affair etc....maybe he wanted some kind of retribution for his mother after all these years.?? Who knows, as I said they are human.

What is upsetting.is there are more posts slagging Harry and meghan since HRHs death than there is in his thread, so I agree there is no point discussing it further. I would rather the family be left to grieve in peace
Old 11-04-2021, 02:11 AM #284

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I bought quite a few papers and there were no such polls, so every paper isn't...
I only read one other forum, a royal one, which has been respectful and I doubt the Queen or any senior royals reads any such things, so why would she/they be upset? I doubt the Queen is currently scouring forums or online right now.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:24 AM #285

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No the Queen was very conspicuous on her silence after the death of Diana...which spoke volumes to the British public. We have discussed this before Jet, you confirmed her behaviour was not cool. These are people, actual human beings, not robots. Sadly, due to birthright, things play out differently. Harry will be aware of family secrets that were allowed to play out in public....charles and camilla affair etc....maybe he wanted some kind of retribution for his mother after all these years.?? Who knows, as I said they are human.

What is upsetting.is there are more posts slagging Harry and meghan since HRHs death than there is in his thread, so I agree there is no point discussing it further. I would rather the family be left to grieve in peace
I agree, the Queen's behaviour wasn't cool at all, but neither was Diana's - as much as I loved her, she wasn't perfect and I didn't agree with her doing her interview either - as I predicted at the time she bitterly regretted it later. I think Harry will too - as he should!
But we'll leave it there.

Last edited by jet; 11-04-2021 at 02:40 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:33 AM #286
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...even for a few days until he was laid to rest, Philip couldn’t be shown enough respect to have it about him...this thread is horrendous...but then the hate is fed so...
Old 11-04-2021, 07:51 AM #287
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...even for a few days until he was laid to rest, Philip couldn’t be shown enough respect to have it about him...this thread is horrendous...but then the hate is fed so...
There was much more disrespect shown in Philips thread with the constant moaning about coverage imo

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 11-04-2021, 08:02 AM #288
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
This thread is horrendous.
You're so right there.

Prince Philip has been in Prince Harry's life, all his life.
I'd imagine no matter the current problems with the family, that Prince Harry will be deeply upset at the death of his Grandfather.

As to respect, I can't say for sure as I didn't know Prince Philip, however, I'm as sure as I personally can be, that Prince Philip himself would be more than likely filled with contempt for those tearing to pieces his Grandson AND his Grandson's CHOSEN wife too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-04-2021 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:03 AM #289
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I do think it's quite galling that people are making Prince Philip's death about Meghan and Harry, whilst saying they have utmost respect for the Monarchy.....again, the shame of the interview is mentioned constantly and Andrew's indiscretions are glossed over. At the end of the day, a family patriarch has been lost, the family are grieving. I'm sure the Queen can do without the media storm tbh
1. this is a thread about harry and meghan and of course members will discuss their attendance at the funeral of Philip (just as ALL media are doing) and this is the tread to do it.

2. this is a thread about harry and meghan so noone will be discussing andrew. as i have said many times there is an andrew thread to discuss him (noone does).

3. there is no "media storm"
Old 11-04-2021, 08:09 AM #290
You know my methods

You know my methods

The readers of the Daily mail are none too happy about the announcement that Meghan is not coming to the funeral. Top comments from the article:

"How convenient... Funny she was allowed to fly to her baby shower at 8 months! She knows she is not welcome Hope she doesnt stop Harry going with 'an emergency' I'm sure little Archie wont grace uk soil again."

"Did she ask her doctor the affects her interview full of lies would have on Prince Philip who at 99 years old was in hospital recovering from heart surgery or the affect it would have on HRH Queen Elizabeth who at 94 years old was dealing with the illness of her husband of 73 years.....especially with all the lies...."

Old 11-04-2021, 09:58 AM #291

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Yes, all the faux outrage is simply another tactic to have a dig at people they don’t agree with.
No outrage at all and never has been for Meghan and Harry however for the distress they caused their very elderly family members at a very sad time in their lives.
I could have written the holier than thou high ground stance in advance, so predictable.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:59 AM #292
-

-

Quote:
Nah. Discussing the Monarchy as a concept, the job, their roles, how they engage with them, the ceremony, the duty, the responsibilities etc etc. is all one thing and really up for anyone to discuss, as well as to some extent what the members of the Royal Family choose to get up to in their public lives. Really that's all fair game. I think it sometimes spills over into undignified detail, but it is there to discuss.

What you seem to be failing to realise, though, is that a man's relationship with a family member of his who has just died - and the other personal family relationships surrounding that - are simply none of your damn business and anyone with any respect for them as a family (not as "The Royals") would understand that and respectfully not play guessing games with how they are or should be feeling in their own personal grief.

So like I said by all means carry on commenting - I will reiterate what I said before. It's put to bed any claims that criticism of Meghan and Harry have anything to do with respect for The Queen or the rest of the family. Continually bashing and disparaging members of The Queen's family - her grandson FFS, forget all the Prince nonsense - when her husband has just died is not "respect" of any kind, it's utterly foul.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:01 AM #293
-

-

Quote:
It will be deemed a "convenient excuse" . You can write it before it happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
The readers of the Daily mail are none too happy about the announcement that Meghan is not coming to the funeral. Top comments from the article:

"How convenient..."
..... Tadaaaaaaa.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:05 AM #294
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Quote:
..... Tadaaaaaaa.
Do you happen to know the numbers for the Euromillions on Tuesday TS?

Old 11-04-2021, 10:25 AM #295

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nah. Discussing the Monarchy as a concept, the job, their roles, how they engage with them, the ceremony, the duty, the responsibilities etc etc. is all one thing and really up for anyone to discuss, as well as to some extent what the members of the Royal Family choose to get up to in their public lives. Really that's all fair game. I think it sometimes spills over into undignified detail, but it is there to discuss.

What you seem to be failing to realise, though, is that a man's relationship with a family member of his who has just died - and the other personal family relationships surrounding that - are simply none of your damn business and anyone with any respect for them as a family (not as "The Royals") would understand that and respectfully not play guessing games with how they are or should be feeling in their own personal grief.

So like I said by all means carry on commenting - I will reiterate what I said before. It's put to bed any claims that criticism of Meghan and Harry have anything to do with respect for The Queen or the rest of the family. Continually bashing and disparaging members of The Queen's family - her grandson FFS, forget all the Prince nonsense - when her husband has just died is not "respect" of any kind, it's utterly foul.
Nah. Just more faux outrage to hit members with in a thread about Harry and Meghan. This isn't Philips dedicated thread.
Talking about what Harry and Meghan put their grandparents through in their last years of LIFE is not bashing them, its understandable anger and criticism and the truth. Truth hurts, I know.
Don't you faux worry, nobody is going to contact the family personally and give off about H&M, we'll be respectful and say how we feel here on a thread about them....

Last edited by jet; 11-04-2021 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:53 AM #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

"How convenient... Funny she was allowed to fly to her baby shower at 8 months! She knows she is not welcome Hope she doesnt stop Harry going with 'an emergency' I'm sure little Archie wont grace uk soil again."

"Did she ask her doctor the affects her interview full of lies would have on Prince Philip who at 99 years old was in hospital recovering from heart surgery or the affect it would have on HRH Queen Elizabeth who at 94 years old was dealing with the illness of her husband of 73 years.....especially with all the lies...."

Funny how that reader must have medical training and know that every pregnancy is exactly the same and if she was cleared to fly 2 years ago when pregnant that unequivocally means she is able to fly now.....blood pressure pah, global pandemic pah.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM #297
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
Do you happen to know the numbers for the Euromillions on Tuesday TS?
I hope he does.

And personally I feel like it's good news that Harry will be going to the Funeral at least.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 11-04-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:50 PM #298
You know my methods

You know my methods

Talking Social media satirist Meggie Foster drags MM in hilarious video

TALK OF THE TOWN: Popular Social media satirist Meggie Foster poses in a pair of
earrings bearing the Saudi flag as she repeats lyrics from The Little Mermaid in
a take-down of Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah

Social media satirist Meggie Foster has released a fabulously funny take-
down of Meghan’s interview with Oprah – and it’s savage!

I revealed last month that Meggie had a TikTok sketch in the works and was
preparing to pounce.

And she has delivered – with a riposte to Meghan’s claim she was like the
Little Mermaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZr-6Hy_NI

Nice to see some light-hearted humour amid all the rancour
Old 11-04-2021, 12:55 PM #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You're so right there.

I'd imagine no matter the current problems with the family, that Prince Harry will be deeply upset at the death of his Grandfather.

As to respect, I can't say for sure as I didn't know Prince Philip, however, I'm as sure as I personally can be, that Prince Philip himself would be more than likely filled with contempt for those tearing to pieces his Grandson AND his Grandson's CHOSEN wife too.
No one has said anything about Harry being upset over Philips death...of course he would be. If Philip was aware of the diabolical interview they gave attacking the family and institution he devoted his life to, I am sure he would have been filled with contempt for a Grandson he was very close to.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:24 PM #300

Quote:

Quote:
Funny how that reader must have medical training and know that every pregnancy is exactly the same and if she was cleared to fly 2 years ago when pregnant that unequivocally means she is able to fly now.....blood pressure pah, global pandemic pah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Are the readers of the Daily Mail ever really that happy?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
You're so right there.

This. Well said.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cost, discussion, harry, meghan, official, security, taxpayer, thread, visit