Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-05-2021, 06:50 AM #1
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Default Dozens of cars break down due to Morrison’s petrol…

Dozens of drivers face cars being written off due to contaminated petrol from Morrisons…

Contaminated fuel sold by a Morrisons petrol station left dozens of motorists stranded for hours after their cars broke down and could face repair bills of up to £6,000.

Around 30 vehicles caused chaos in the surrounding area of the Leicester petrol station when they ground to a halt after filling up with "watery orange" petrol which "looked like tea" on Tuesday afternoon.

Drivers now face their cars being written off or costing thousands of pounds to repair after the dodgy fuel caused serious damage to their engines.

Some were left waiting for up to seven hours to have their tanks drained after breaking down on the forecourt or just several metres away.

Morrisons shut off the pumps and closed down the site while an investigation was launched.

The supermarket has since apologised and revealed contractors accidentally transferred "contaminated product" into the fuel but have not offered any compensation so far.

But furious customers have since blasted "rude and unhelpful" staff who left them in the dark over what to do.

Alaa Hassam, 21, a school teacher from Leicestershire, was one of many drivers left waiting for hours after filling up with petrol which contained "sand, grit and water".

She said: “It was absolute chaos. I filled my car up at 12.20pm and didn’t get home until 7pm. It felt awful being completely helpless."

Hassam added her car initially worked fine but soon after leaving the petrol station "all of the lights on the dashboard were flashing and the steering wheel had jammed".

…full article…

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/dozens-of-...145051756.html
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 06:56 AM #2
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

what a nightmare, the cars will likely be ruined. The tankers usually fill up multiple stations too. It seems unlikely to be the petrol station that was to blame. Also, they use standard petrol suppliers from the most local refinery ... so, it could be a widespread issue
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 07:01 AM #3
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
what a nightmare, the cars will likely be ruined. The tankers usually fill up multiple stations too. It seems unlikely to be the petrol station that was to blame. Also, they use standard petrol suppliers from the most local refinery ... so, it could be a widespread issue

Hmmm it was 3 days ago so they’d surely know by now if more stations were affected. I don’t know how the tankers work but possibly they carry different things at once and someone attached the wrong pipe?

I feel like Morrison’s should surely pay for any damages, especially if it’s not that widespread... they can surely afford it unless hundreds of vehicles were affected.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 07:44 AM #4
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think the way these delivery tankers work is they have different sub tanks based on whether its a shell, esso, bp garage etc and its basically the same petrol in each, but each brand has it's own little additive recipe. So either they got the additive proportion wrong or they connected it up to the tea urn by mistake

Last edited by bitontheslide; 14-05-2021 at 07:47 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2021, 11:47 AM #5

I swear that the petrol bought at Shell or Esso stations is better than the stuff you buy at Tesco ..

I notice the difference when I drive off the petrol court .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
break, cars, dozens, due, morrison’s, petrol…