Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2021, 09:44 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default TV Characters that suffered from horrendous writing? In your opinion of course.

Basically not your worst characters (because worst character & worst written can be two totally different things) but characters that personally never really made much sense in the writing department, and you may have also felt like they never quite fit the Show that they were apart of.

For me I'm following on from my rant in TWD thread and will go with these.

In no particular order:

Negan (TWD)
Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
Monroe (Revolution)

All three of them suffer from similar issues to me, bad redemption arcs that made zero sense, with plot armour thicker than what any Superhero could achieve.

Here's my other ones (some will be anime related)

Yagyu Kyubei (Gintama) In fairness to Yagyu Kyubei there's far more offensive characters on TV than her for me, but also in fairness she serves almost no real function to the Anime imo, and she did have a very flimsy debut arc imo that was unusually poorly constructed by Gintama's writer imo. Plus she doesn't have many dynamics on the Show either.

Gabriel (TWD) - I'm sure a fan of TWD will correct me when I say this but has Gabriel ever really brought anything to the Show? It always seems to me like he was brought in just to bring in a religious audience to the Show (which there's nothing wrong in that) as long as the guy serves a function in the Show that's gonna be interesting to watch.

Sasha (TWD) - I honestly don't mean to keep picking on TWD here, but what did Sasha ever really do on the Show? Don't get me wrong I found other characters to be more annoying than Sasha on the programme, but I honestly don't understand why the character was created when she didn't do anything of note.

Nina (Berserk) - I love Berserk as a series, it doesn't really do many things wrong imo. But without meaning to disrespect the dead here when I say this, but wtf was Nina? Her writing was annoying and made absolutely no sense whatsoever. As I've already said I really love the Berserk series (I even enjoyed the 2016 Anime which gets a ridiculous amount of hate unfairly imo) and the Conviction Arc was great, but Nina really tried to drag that arc down with an iron fist.

Euron Greyjoy (GOT) - Euron is not my worst character on GOT (that would be Jon Snow's fan fiction) but I really struggled to understand why he had to be on the Show? His scenes felt fairly pointless (bar the one thing) which was executed so poorly that it almost feels ashame to count it as important. But yeah I never understood why his character was created.

The whole of Hellsing Ultimate - The story is very wafer thin imo with 1D characters.

Roundtree (NCIS: LA) - The last one on my list don't worry (I could be here all day) and it's gonna be very controversial what I'm about to say about Roundtree but I've already said my main issue with Roundtree to Oliver W on another thread, but here it goes.

I feel like Roundtree's only real purpose on NCIS: LA is to not be funny, or have interesting dynamics, or even be particularly likeable. To me Roundtree's only real trait that they seem to play on is him being black, they never delve into his hobbies or anything on the Show, it's just all BLM type of stuff with him, which is okay if Roundtree actually had other types of dynamics and interests on the Programme but sadly that isn't the case. Also their rare attempts at trying to make him funny are to make him like Patrick Star from SpongeBob, which is obviously out of whack with LA's tone & style imo.

Anyway I am interested in seeing who you guys think suffered from really bad writing.

And of course which characters do you disagree with me about.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
characters, horrendous, opinion, suffered, tv, writing