Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:10 PM #76
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
Haha I actually find S3 the worst of the lot.
Spoiler:

They built up Ruby and Otis which I really liked and was I actually thinking they had the balls to make them endgame as opposed to Otis and Maeve which at this stage is boring as ****. I genuinely feel Otis and Ruby have more chemistry. Ruby REALLY opened up as a character with the introduction of her dad and that.
Then after they break up the writers just forget Ruby exists??
Maeve was the best written character in season 1 and even season 2 but this season I found her awful boring? I was really digging Ruby this season
They ****ed up Eric this season, the fact he cheated on Raheem who was a comfortable gay man, for Adam who is not comfortable but is becoming comfortable with Adam this season..he then proceeds to cheat on Adam and blame HIM because HE isn't comfortable with being gay?? Aw they ruined Eric. I'm sort of shipping Adam and Raheem?
That whole fake out on Jean dying was like okay..then the fact that jakub isn't the baby daddy? Too soap opera-y for me

Anyways I have a few more issues I have with this season that will come back to me but those are the main three I didn't like.
Still tho, Fcuk the pain away scene was 10/10
Spoiler:

I feel like the Eric storyline was a little problematic? I dunno. I don't want to speak for the gays or anything, but it seemed that the whole "he wants to be out and comfortably gay" thing was actually not what it was all about ... what he wanted was to be "on the scene", essentially living up to the stereotypical image that exists of gay men being, for want of a gentler way to put it, promiscuous partying ****boys. It had very little to do with how comfortable Adam is in being gay - he's just not the type of person who is EVER going to want to put on an orange suit and dance the night away in a club. He wants to train his little doggo, snuggle up with a boyfriend on the couch and have some hot chocolate. It came across not as Eric being mad that he's not "out enough" - but that he thinks he's "the wrong kind of gay" .

I agree about Ruby to an extent, I don't think her and Otis made a particularly good pairing BUT they basically did half a season of character development (rounding her out into a real character, introducing her dad and the clear issues there, etc.) and then they just ... cut it short and turned her back into a caricature. A strange choice.

I fully agree about the baby-daddy twist, not a fan, that storyline was fine and had plenty more steam in it as it was with him as the dad. It didn't need that twist .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
education, netflix, sex