Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-02-2022, 08:18 PM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by glib View Post
So you tell me it’s ‘all well researched’, then evidence this by telling me your wife doesn’t like eating veg.
I told you to look it up if you're interested because A) I'm not your teacher and B) I know you aren't interested.

Quote:
I was forced as a child to eat everything on my plate. Now, I always clear my plate, whether I like it or not.
Not particularly healthy eating habits but good for you, I guess. I eat a wide and varied diet, I eat until I'm full and then stop eating. Because we're not rationing and the "clear your plate" mantra encourages eating beyond the point of feeling full, which is not healthy.

Quote:
I do NOT throw it in the bin and shout that it’s ‘tasteless’. There’s a difference between ‘not liking cheese sandwiches’ and being plain rude.
I think we can agree on it being rude to make a show of throwing away the food or declaring it "horrible" - in fact I've had lots of discussions with my daughter about not vocally criticising food that someone has made for her - but that doesn't mean having to eat it. It can be quietly put aside or binned. What's not clear from this story is if the girl loudly declared it tasteless rather than binning it quietly (yes, rude) and binned it and was then confronted - or if the dinner lady simply saw her bin it, confronted her, and then she said the reason.

If it's the first then the dinner lady should have a word with the kid's teacher about her attitude and the teacher can take it from there. If the latter then it's not rude at all, and the dinner lady doesn't need to do ANYTHING, except maybe keep an eye on her and see if she's throwing away her lunch every day, in which case again she should then have a word with the kid's class teacher as it could be a sign of a problem.

NEITHER is a good enough reason to publicly shame her and try to force her to eat food out of a bin. Really horrific attitude.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bin, contaminated’, dinnerlady, eat, food, kid, made, wasn’t, ‘it