Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 17-05-2024, 06:11 AM #251
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
People who talk about men and women as a conglomerate. ‘Men are this,’ women are that.’ Contradictory tropes can be made either way and people are people either way. Talk about people, not people in terms of their binary (yeah, binary) distinction.

People who can’t align themselves with basic first-wave feminism should not be getting married anyhow.
Speaking of someone like that actually getting married.

"The power of one, the power of two, the power of many."

The Acolyte, the world's greatest chant of all time.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2024, 04:56 PM #252

When people quantify the extent of something with “beyond” too much. “Beyond awful”, “beyond atrocious”. It’s so cliched now.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-05-2024, 07:21 PM #253

ITV’s “does everyone have a long-lost relative somewhere?” advert. Of course they do. Everyone does. Have you ever consciously gone about meeting your 12th cousins before?

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Old 22-05-2024, 01:40 AM #254

EastEnders > Corrie > Emmerdale (from best to worst). Tuesday nights that are just half an hour of Emmerdale are pretty grim, still. EastEnders is released at 6am on BBC iPlayer now on the weekdays it’s on so people be watching it early on the toilet or on their break in work. Come Tuesday and Thursday evenings it’s typically just Emmerdale. That can be annoying. Especially when it’s just Liam being awkward (why haven’t he and Nicola been diagnosed with autism yet?), the guy who plays Ethan acting very poorly indeed and abusive Tom throwing Belle under the ’bus for the trillionth time.

Last edited by Redway; 22-05-2024 at 01:20 PM.
Old 22-05-2024, 11:08 AM #255
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I detest Eastenders, although I come from the East End. I adore Corrie... do people from Manchester like it, I wonder?
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-05-2024, 12:32 PM #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I detest Eastenders, although I come from the East End. I adore Corrie... do people from Manchester like it, I wonder?

We used to like Corrie when it was on twice a week , Monday and Wednesday and they ended episodes on a knife- edge then we waited days to see what on earth was going to happen .

Nowadays soaps leak all the stories.. even details of a murder ..

Imagine reading a book with spoilers every few pages !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2024, 08:15 PM #257

The way certain adverts pathologise women. Why are you associating women with inherent bladder issues? Where’s that coming from and how does that even make sense? Isn’t it stereotypical that guys piss way more than ladies?

Last edited by Redway; 24-05-2024 at 08:16 PM.
Old 24-05-2024, 08:30 PM #258
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
The way certain adverts pathologise women. Why are you associating women with inherent bladder issues? Where’s that coming from and how does that even make sense? Isn’t it stereotypical that guys piss way more than ladies?
women pee way way more than men

childbirth makes it even worse

and its not even close
Old 24-05-2024, 09:22 PM #259
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Yeah hate to agree with LT but the ads exist because women do pee more for a number of biological reasons

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 12:33 AM #260
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

When Entertainment is more obsessed with people's heritage or sexuality more than they are about the individual as a person.

Like I saw an interview on Sky Sports News yesterday afternoon, where the woman was tasked with interviewing an ex-Footballer about him having Indian heritage.

Yes on Sky SPORTS News, they were more obsessed with talking about an ex-Footballer having Indian heritage and racism in Football, rather than talking about his time in Football, or what were his favourite memories of his time as a player (like an actual Sports channel should be doing) but instead they did what they always do these days, which is behave like Sky News.

Old 25-05-2024, 03:13 AM #261

People who have a generic answer to everything instead of doing the work to understand narcissism and de-enable toxicity. Dr Ramani’s work is not just another delusional TikTok piety of the snowflakey times. It’s life, and the woman genuinely knows her stuff. We can all learn from her and stamp patterns like that out of our workplaces. It might be by protecting our staff more and not just enabling the troublemakers around them who are self-confessed covert narcissists, it might be by making sure everyone has a fair say in meetings. Whatever. Do what you need to do but just do not look at people and their behaviour in the most literally non-nuanced, generified way there is when there’s complexity in the situations and/or an element of discomfort or concerns that have been raised before, but haven’t been acted on or had anything done about.

Last edited by Redway; 25-05-2024 at 03:22 AM.
Old 25-05-2024, 03:27 AM #262

Also. The assumption that people who look white but are actually partially mixed race … can’t be mixed race, and vice-versa (this idea that being mixed-race inherently makes you black, whether that’s how you identify or not). Some people are more … racially ambiguous than others but it’s not a stretch to be somewhat mixed with something (Sri Lankan, Jamaican, Igbo, Yoruba, Ibibio, Akan, Sudanese, Afro-Virginian, Native Canadian, whatever) even with blue eyes. You don’t have to look or be 50-50 mixed in the stereotypical ‘white mum, black dad’ way to be mixed.

Last edited by Redway; 25-05-2024 at 03:28 AM.
Old 25-05-2024, 05:23 AM #263
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also. The assumption that people who look white but are actually partially mixed race … can’t be mixed race, and vice-versa (this idea that being mixed-race inherently makes you black, whether that’s how you identify or not). Some people are more … racially ambiguous than others but it’s not a stretch to be somewhat mixed with something (Sri Lankan, Jamaican, Igbo, Yoruba, Ibibio, Akan, Sudanese, Afro-Virginian, Native Canadian, whatever) even with blue eyes. You don’t have to look or be 50-50 mixed in the stereotypical ‘white mum, black dad’ way to be mixed.
I'm amazed at how taboo being mixed race can still be in some circles.

Old 25-05-2024, 06:59 AM #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I'm amazed at how taboo being mixed race can still be in some circles.

Especially as we’re all probably mixed race to some degree

Old 25-05-2024, 11:29 AM #265

Bloody huge subtitles on SKY !!!

Netflix , YouTube and the others all do it so much better !!!

Wtf

Old 28-05-2024, 12:20 PM #266

1. This guy's voice-advertisement for UberEats and how it applies to Liverpool doing the rounds on Spotify literally every 3 minutes. It's just annoying now.

2. Your bank notifying you to add a new insight to your financial catalogue because some new money's been added to your account, meanwhile you're not a penny richer and your balance is the same. False hope on a loop.

Old 28-05-2024, 12:31 PM #267

'Back-to-back meetings? No time to sort lunch? Why not order some Caribou-Poutine, Maggie Fu or Greggs?'

Ugh. Enough already. Just shut up, dude.

Last edited by Redway; 28-05-2024 at 12:32 PM.
Old 28-05-2024, 12:36 PM #268

Quote:
1. This guy's voice-advertisement for UberEats and how it applies to Liverpool doing the rounds on Spotify literally every 3 minutes. It's just annoying now.

2. Your bank notifying you to add a new insight to your financial catalogue because some new money's been added to your account, meanwhile you're not a penny richer and your balance is the same. False hope on a loop.

Number 2 sounds like a scam ?

Old 28-05-2024, 12:39 PM #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Number 2 sounds like a scam ?

It's no scam. It's just Santander being stupid and giving people false hope. Notifications like that pop up sometimes. For whatever reason.

Old 28-05-2024, 12:41 PM #270

Quote:
I feel like it'll be on an individual, person-by-person basis with Corrie but I have definitely noticed that Liverpool and the South are a bit more skewed towards EastEnders than Corrie on average. Brookside was once the Scouse answer to the big 3 (to get territorial about it) so people who have at least lived in Liverpool during some of those times are used to the soap archetype being more cutting-edge and gritty. But in their prime all 3 were among the most-watched televised shows in the UK so it's often just a matter of order and preference. But before Corrie became gentrified and stuff, EastEnders was the characteristic cool soap that young people would watch. Not so much Corrie if they weren't from that side of the North and certainly not Emmerdale.

There's a part of me what detests Emmerdale but it fills a void on weeknights and is just another option for cosy entertainment on those Fridays so I do watch it. But it's only EastEnders, Corrie and (to an extent) Waterloo Road that I'm serious about as far as soap goes. Maybe Holby City but yeah. I like some elements of Emmerdale but it's a show that's tried to do EastEnders dirty so many times over the years and until the 2010s it lacked the grit that EastEnders and to an extent even Corrie had in at least some spades. I like cosy and comfy and I'm not totally adverse to the odd 'plane-crash (or whatever next stupid stunt Emerdale usually has planned) but it has to be based in a certain heaviness and grit. Nothing in Emmerdale really seems to follow from that as directly as EastEnders and Corrie do so it's not a show I take super-seriously. I just watch it, and not even regularly up-until the 50th anniversary (2 years ago).

Classic Emmerdale (they show repeats of that and Corrie on ITVX) is supposed to be in a good era for the show (2004-early 2005) at the moment but on the off-chance that I tune in I just don't see this quality people have spoken of. Farm politics just don't appeal to me. It's all very boring and dull.

Last edited by Redway; 28-05-2024 at 12:56 PM.
Old 28-05-2024, 01:08 PM #271

Quote:
It's no scam. It's just Santander being stupid and giving people false hope. Notifications like that pop up sometimes. For whatever reason.

How bizarre

Old 29-05-2024, 12:30 AM #272

Major ting. People taking Samaritans as a sex chat line. Pervy, overly horny middle-aged men just cannot give it a rest. They spoil a lot for people. And exploiting a helpline for people in distress because you’re horny is just another level of low.

Last edited by Redway; 29-05-2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old 29-05-2024, 03:33 AM #273
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Especially as we’re all probably mixed race to some degree

Being honest it really doesn't show on me, I'm whiter than Janet Devlin.

But what you're saying is most likely true.

Old 29-05-2024, 03:39 AM #274
Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Haunting Ground

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Major ting. People taking Samaritans as a sex chat line. Pervy, overly horny middle-aged men just cannot give it a rest. They spoil a lot for people. And exploiting a helpline for people in distress because you’re horny is just another level of low.
I've never understood how anyone gets horny over hearing a voice over the Phone.

Maybe I'm mentally still stuck in my teens when it comes to that kind of stuff, because I'm about four things.

1. A pretty face
2. The figure
3. What is she wearing?
And 4. What isn't she wearing?

Obviously this is why I don't have a girlfriend.

And just to clarify, I agree with you that people shouldn't be using a suicide helpline for sexual gratification, that's just... Gross.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 29-05-2024 at 03:41 AM.
Old 29-05-2024, 12:06 PM #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
I've never understood how anyone gets horny over hearing a voice over the Phone.

Maybe I'm mentally still stuck in my teens when it comes to that kind of stuff, because I'm about four things.

1. A pretty face
2. The figure
3. What is she wearing?
And 4. What isn't she wearing?

Obviously this is why I don't have a girlfriend.

And just to clarify, I agree with you that people shouldn't be using a suicide helpline for sexual gratification, that's just... Gross.

Gotcha.

And yeah. It really is gross upon gross.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
irritate, things