Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 31-05-2009, 07:21 PM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't believe for a second that the forums decided Rachel should win!! Forums couldn't even sway the voting in Hijack, let alone in BB itself. the public like Rachel, its that simple
Not true! BBCH followed every forum prediction until the final when a shady syndicate commissioned a call centre to send 10k votes John's way. Previously neck and neck the BB9 final vote swang very quickly towards Rachel once Sara was gone.
=-Incognito-= is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 07:24 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally posted by =-Incognito-=
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I don't believe for a second that the forums decided Rachel should win!! Forums couldn't even sway the voting in Hijack, let alone in BB itself. the public like Rachel, its that simple
Not true! BBCH followed every forum prediction until the final when a shady syndicate commissioned a call centre to send 10k votes John's way. Previously neck and neck the BB9 final vote swang very quickly towards Rachel once Sara was gone.
How do you know the BBCH final was fixed by someone sending 10k votes or is it just an excuse for him winning from one of the tabloids? Plus the BB9 results on here were roughly in line with what happened, it doesn't mean the forums decided though it just means the forum is in touch with the public.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 08:06 PM #28

Found it.

Some scottish fund placed 10k votes, still having trouble finding the source but this should do for now:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru....php?tid=79521
=-Incognito-= is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 08:26 PM #29

There is a little known Welsh god called Huw Daffyd Llot to whom I prayed daily.That is why Rachel won.
RCW1945 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 08:29 PM #30

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Ben

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Ben

Winners are usually Males or sexually non-threatening women:
Kate = Ladette
Nadia = Transexual
Rachel = Childlike

Simple as that really

It is also usually a quieter member of a big group:
Anthony = Team Saskia
Pete = The Anti-Plastics led by Richard
Brian = The Family led by Ziggy and Carole
Rachel = BBlock led by Darnell, Kat and Rex
podge2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 09:05 PM #31
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Out of all of the BB9 housemates, the only one more boring than Rachel was Maysoon. Rachel was the least deserving winner in BB history, and represents what this show shouldn't be about: nice polite people without problems. Rachel wasn't involved in a major storyline the entire show.

But I look on the bright side...it would be difficult to get a worse winner from BB10.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 10:07 PM #32
Z

Z

Everything before Big Brother 5 was decided on who the public liked for their actions, I'd say, they won because they were likable. Nadia won BB5, and I think the main conclusion we can draw is that she was finally accepted, and the British public granted her that. BB6; Anthony won for being a genuinely nice guy, easy on the eye, amidst a group of very bitchy housemates who were all trying to play the game. Pete won BB7, much like Anthony, for being the only guy not to be attention seeking among a group of attention seekers. I think Brian and Samanda are just as dumb and lovable as each other really, I think Brian won because women are the majority voters in Big Brother and would have found Brian more endearing than Sam and Amanda. Last year's BB win for Rachel was just inexplicable, I really can't believe she won it out of a group of incredible housemates. That year was dominated by one group of housemates; in the end they just started picking off the outsiders one by one (Lisa v Nicole v Sara saw Nicole off; following week it was Lisa v Sara, there was literally no point in Lisa or Sara nominating, and I think the only reason BB held that task to give them money was because they wanted to compensate Lisa and Sara's fans) and I think Rachel only won because the public hated the rest of that group, but could do nothing about it because they weren't going to nominate each other.

I don't think Big Brother fans hate women; I think Big Brother contestants hate women (not literally) - the pretty girls get put up for eviction first because they're easy targets and any contestant who has any BB knowledge will be fully aware of that.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
analysis, public, voting, winner