Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 AM #1

Default They signed a BB contract!!

They knew what BB was about, they knew there were rules they had to follow, if they weren't prepared to play by BB rules they shouldn't have applied to go on the show. Shame on BB for letting them break the rules and get away with it, especially Marcus, who was allowed to run the whole house and brag about it. This years BB has become a farce and I very much doubt there will be a BB11.
shaz20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

There will be a BB11, BB is winning over all other C4 shows, why would they get rid of it?? Hira's eviction interview won its slot... BB is still a ratings winner for C4.

Also they've already singned up for it, and also this is the first series since BB3 where the ratings have gone up during the series, rather than down or staying consistent.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by shaz20
They knew what BB was about, they knew there were rules they had to follow, if they weren't prepared to play by BB rules they shouldn't have applied to go on the show. Shame on BB for letting them break the rules and get away with it, especially Marcus, who was allowed to run the whole house and brag about it. This years BB has become a farce and I very much doubt there will be a BB11.
As I have pointed out in another thread, Big Brother is a participant in all this. They could have ejected Marcus at any time but have chosen not to do so. I think the reason they have chosen not to do so is fairly plain.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:57 AM #4
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

I think this year has been good, and so have the housemates. It is BB that did not put much effort in.
InOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:00 AM #5

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Quote:
mahahaha "the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!"
robot
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM #6
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I said the same last night ,because bb decided to let the 3 idiots COMPLETELY abuse bb rules its lost all credibilty ,what will bb 11 hm8s do to up what has happened this year ? it cannot recover IMO
BBmassive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 AM #7

Quote:
Ggod grief - are you a school prefect?? These are adults, and , as Marcus pointed out, each in there for what they can bring to the show. BB knows exactly how each HM is likely to react in any given situation, and plays things the way it wants to. Fact is the rule breakers (oooh, naughty boys) were the most entertaining thing to happen in the house that day. If not for them, our HL show would have been HMs smoking and bitching and pouting. NOT a ratings winner.
Lick my love pump!
k1ck3m0n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by BB22

As I have pointed out in another thread, Big Brother is a participant in all this. They could have ejected Marcus at any time but have chosen not to do so. I think the reason they have chosen not to do so is fairly plain.
Have to agree with this. Big Brother has itself to blame for allowing these housemates to get so far.
SocietyIsRuined is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM #9

Of course plenty of Housemates have broken the rules. Sophie is a serial offender, for instance. David and Bea discussed nominations this week before the rules were changed. I am also a little surprised that Rodrigo has not been punished for some of his behaviour. Perhaps, with his rules obsession, they fear it may send him over the edge.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 AM #10

Quote:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools and the guidance of wise men.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 AM #11

Quote:
Of course plenty of Housemates have broken the rules. Sophie is a serial offender, for instance. David and Bea discussed nominations this week before the rules were changed. I am also a little surprised that Rodrigo has not been punished for some of his behaviour. Perhaps, with his rules obsession, they fear it may send him over the edge.
LOL, yeah, Rodrigo is a freakly wee dude. He could seriously lose it over the most trivial stuff.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 AM #12

imagine what would happen if bb11 came around and every rule break resulted in 500 pound taken off the winning money
vladicus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 AM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by SocietyIsRuined
Quote:

Have to agree with this. Big Brother has itself to blame for allowing these housemates to get so far.
Well that is not quite what I meant. The point is more subtle: Big Brother is participant because they have adopted the "rebellion" as a narrative in this year's Big Brother. And they are happy to let it play out as long as they feel they can still maintain overall control and as long as they feel it is generating interest and discussion.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 AM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by vladicus
imagine what would happen if bb11 came around and every rule break resulted in 500 pound taken off the winning money
the series would be seriously sh1t, is what would happen.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM #15

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SocietyIsRuined
Quote:

Well that is not quite what I meant. The point is more subtle: Big Brother is participant because they have adopted the "rebellion" as a narrative in this year's Big Brother. And they are happy to let it play out as long as they feel they can still maintain overall control and as long as they feel it is generating interest and discussion.
totally agree BB22. Let's face it, when they selected Marcus to go into the house, they knew he was no lap dog/rule slave, didn't they?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:36 AM #16

BB chooses to show what YOU see on the Highlights. I'd like to know why Siavash doesnt get more blame for rule-breaking... or Sophie. Possibly because BBn is intent on stirring it up between he camps.

Marcus is right. Its a game show!!! Lets face it, none of them are entertaining in their own right, they havent found anything bar bitching to amuse themselves with. No cup and ball games, no inventing anything... just plain boredom.
Jintyrocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:55 AM #17

Quote:
No it's become something entertaining to watch. How many times do I have to explain to people that if they actually read 1984 and actually got the point of orpession and rebellion in the form of a TV show, then maybe people would stop being so anal.

It's funny and entertaining to see HM's rebel, without those who did, it would end up like BB5 and personally, I wouldn't watch it.

Go and watch Question Time or Panorama if you want a placid evening's TV watching, otherwise stop complaining about the intended format of decent programs.
bigmalky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 AM #18

Quote:
They've just got a bit of spirit about them and a sense of fun and adventure. You can bet that if the BB producers were genuinely bothered by this then they would have ejected them, but of course they are probably rubbing their hands in glee as this is great for the house, the viewers, the entertainment factor, and the future of the show. This is a house in an entertainment show, not a borstal, and as BB22 so rightly points out, BB is a participant too. I strongly suspect that they do little things to get reactions from these three and they are the big three entertainers this year. It would certainly have been a factor in why Marcus was selected in the first place.

Personally, with the amount of control BB has over them in their time in the house, I find it quite life affirming to see that some people are still human enough and with enough life and spirit in them to reach that point and say NO, and rebel. Used wisely, it is an essential quality to have in life. Things DO need to be questioned at times. They have after all not hurt nor harmed anyone in any way, but have made a very valid point about the human spirit, even if on the face of it it may have looked childish. This is something that has been coming for a very long time on BB, but this series the producers made the mistake of neglecting them and letting them become bored through neglect, under-stimulation, and a series of umimaginative tasks. Also, the appearance of housemates from earlier series, speaking about the difference in BB's treatment, sowed the first seed of rebellion.
shash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:09 AM #19

Quote:
Originally posted by shash
Quote:
They've just got a bit of spirit about them and a sense of fun and adventure. You can bet that if the BB producers were genuinely bothered by this then they would have ejected them, but of course they are probably rubbing their hands in glee as this is great for the house, the viewers, the entertainment factor, and the future of the show. This is a house in an entertainment show, not a borstal, and as BB22 so rightly points out, BB is a participant too. I strongly suspect that they do little things to get reactions from these three and they are the big three entertainers this year. It would certainly have been a factor in why Marcus was selected in the first place.

Personally, with the amount of control BB has over them in their time in the house, I find it quite life affirming to see that some people are still human enough and with enough life and spirit in them to reach that point and say NO, and rebel. Used wisely, t is an essential quality to have in life. Things DO need to be questioned at times. They have after all not hurt nor harmed anyone in any way, but have made a very valid point about the human spirit, even if on the face of it it may have looked childish. This is something that has been coming for a very long time on BB, but this series the producers made the mistake of neglecting them and letting them become bored through neglect, under-stimulation, and a series of umimaginative tasks.
+1
Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 AM #20

Quote:

Yes they are on a Legal contract
But Endemol UK have the Legal Right to Change
any of it.

Marcus can not beat Evil Endemol UK
Fact.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:09 PM #21
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

People who say there isnt gona be a BB11 really piss me off so ****en much, and Im sure they piss of other people on here who accually know what their talking about!
Patrick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, contract, signed