Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:34 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesavius View Post
Nope I wouldnt lol, thats an unfair statement.

Maybe I wouldnt think like this if he TRIED at least to win... I mean, it was for everyone's suitcases, it deserved more then the desultory token effort he gave it.

If ife had been given that task they would all have their stuff back now, thats what his lamness cost them.
the big difference tho is who is asking ves.
We, you and the producers know that there was no way team shabby were going to take part in a competition set up by Ben when it might talke their air time in eviction week. He could have begged and bribed every one of them and still shabby, nathan , jj, josie and probably ife would have resisted simply cos of who was asking
its more obvious if nathan, or Shabby, was one of the ones competing with his friend ife after he would not even listen to Ben's attempt.

The producers expected a fail as that is why it was set cos they had the stand up slot set for him. It is a really horrid thing to put any novice comedian thru let alone soemone with no comedy asperations like Ben

Last edited by stoney; 02-07-2010 at 02:34 PM.
stoney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 PM #27

I think the exchange he had with the tree by not doing it was way funnier than watching them arm wrestle would be. I agree though Ben didn't really try but thats because he knew it was so out of character for him they would have sussed him. I think the tasks the others have done were much easier.
cazzy555 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
the big difference tho is who is asking ves. We, you and the producers know that there was no way team shabby were going to take part in a competition set up by Ben when it might talke their air time in eviction week. He could have begged and bribed every one of them and still shabby, nathan , jj, josie and probably ife would have resisted simply cos of who was asking
its more obvious if nathan, or Shabby, was one of the ones competing with his friend ife after he would not even listen to Ben's attempt.

The producers expected a fail as that is why it was set cos they had the stand up slot set for him. It is a really horrid thing to put any novice comedian thru let alone soemone with no comedy asperations like Ben
I am sorry, I don't buy that.

The task, as proven, was very achievable. He just couldnt be arsed to make the effort? I mean... asking twice and then giving up?

Weak

You can't say that every time a Hm fails a task it wasnt possible, just because you like that HM. There really was no 'set up'... thats just rationalisation for his feckless failure.

If he really is that unpopular in the house, to the point people reject ideas just because they are his, then maybe people should be asking why that is... Everyone has earned their current social place in that house by their actions, for better or worse, right?

The truth is the man simply has no backbone.

Last edited by vesavius; 02-07-2010 at 02:44 PM.
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:44 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzy555 View Post
I think the exchange he had with the tree by not doing it was way funnier than watching them arm wrestle would be. I agree though Ben didn't really try but thats because he knew it was so out of character for him they would have sussed him. I think the tasks the others have done were much easier.
You are saying it was 'in character' for Ife?

C'mon....
Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM #30

Ben is the person least likely to be able to get everyone arm wrestling without them becoming suspicious - I suspect that's why he was picked - so he could fail, allowing BB to execute thier stand up routine punishment idea.

Ben is not Ife
Chuckyegg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:49 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyegg View Post
Ben is the person least likely to be able to get everyone arm wrestling without them becoming suspicious - I suspect that's why he was picked - so he could fail, allowing BB to execute thier stand up routine punishment idea.

Ben is not Ife
No, your right.

Boring as she is, Ife would have made a real effort.

Last edited by vesavius; 02-07-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 PM #32

Quote:
You are saying it was 'in character' for Ife?

C'mon....
I wouldn't say that it was so out of character of Ife that they would have wondered why she wanted to do it. If the whole Idea was to get them arm wrestling then the ToT should have asked Ife. I agree Ben should have tried harder but I prefer the way things worked out
cazzy555 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzy555 View Post
I wouldn't say that it was so out of character of Ife that they would have wondered why she wanted to do it. If the whole Idea was to get them arm wrestling then the ToT should have asked Ife. I agree Ben should have tried harder but I prefer the way things worked out
Did either of the 2 people Ben asked to arm wrestle accuse him of being on a task because it was 'so out of character'?

Did it even occur to them, judging by their reactions, to 'wonder what he was up to'?

An honest answer will put this theory to bed, or at least should.

Last edited by vesavius; 02-07-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM #34

Quote:

The task, as proven, was very achievable. He just couldnt be arsed to make the effort? I mean... asking twice and then giving up?

Weak

You can't say that every time a Hm fails a task it wasnt possible, just because you like that HM. There really was no 'set up'... thats just rationalisation for his feckless failure.

If he really is that unpopular in the house, to the point people reject ideas just because they are his, then maybe people should be asking why that is... Everyone has earned their current social place in that house by their actions, for better or worse, right?

ok you dont like Ben, I get it ves and see that you are never prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in the same way you expect others to give JJ or josie. I really believe that the producers knew there was no chanc ethat ben could do this task as they knew that team shabby wouldn't simply cos it was Ben that asked

but did shabby or Nathan take part in ife's armwrestling challenge

team shabby have made it very obvious that they are not prepared to give him the time of day let alone do a competition while their queen is around( it took Shabby's absence for them to do the gerry springer show and that was before she reinforced with josie and JJ)

Why should we only ask ourselves why Ben is disliked by team shabby so much
Shabby has never given him a chance since day one cos she has used it to deflect that she is also a spoilt little rich kid and her sheep simply follow her lead.
Its one of the biggest reasons I would prefer her our over Caoimhe tonight before she pulls JJ and josie down to her level
Old 02-07-2010, 02:58 PM #35

Quote:
Did either of the 2 people Ben asked to arm wrestle accuse him of being on a task because it was 'so out of character'?

Did it even occur to them, judging by their reactions, to 'wonder what he was up to'?

Of course not.

So many apologists
No but they made it very obvious that there was no way they would enter any arm wrestling competition that HE was organising

Did either join in with Ife

so many haters
Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
ok you dont like Ben, I get it ves and see that you are never prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in the same way you expect others to give JJ or josie. I really believe that the producers knew there was no chanc ethat ben could do this task as they knew that team shabby wouldn't simply cos it was Ben that asked

but did shabby or Nathan take part in ife's armwrestling challenge

team shabby have made it very obvious that they are not prepared to give him the time of day let alone do a competition while their queen is around( it took Shabby's absence for them to do the gerry springer show and that was before she reinforced with josie and JJ)

Why should we only ask ourselves why Ben is disliked by team shabby so much
Shabby has never given him a chance since day one cos she has used it to deflect that she is also a spoilt little rich kid and her sheep simply follow her lead.
Its one of the biggest reasons I would prefer her our over Caoimhe tonight before she pulls JJ and josie down to her level
Ok you like Ben, I get it Stoney and see that you are always prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt in a way you never give others like Josie or Shabby. (see how that works both ways?)

The rest of what you typed? All just smacks of rationalisation to me for all the reasons I have already given. Sorry.

Last edited by vesavius; 02-07-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM #37

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

If Ben were to win all the tasks,it would still not be good enough for some,as they just need SOMETHING,ANYTHING,to have a pop at simply because they don't like him,we get it ,we dont need telling in every post,I like Ben and until he does something that warrants my dislike that will be how it stays

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM #38

ves, can you answer one simple bit for me, before i have to go to work.

Did nathan or Shabby join in ife's armwrestling?

I want to continue to give josie the benefit of the doubt altho the closer she gets to shabby the more I seem to dislike her , as i said on another thread.

I do dislike Shabby( she's always the type of inmate the producers love and I hate every year) and am probably not prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt as she has shown all thru this how devious she is imo
Old 02-07-2010, 03:12 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
ves, can you answer one simple bit for me, before i have to go to work.

Did nathan or Shabby join in ife's armwrestling?
I honestly didnt see, can't say yes or no Stoney. The shot had at least around 5 or them there, but it was a close in view and didnt show the full group.

Quote:
I want to continue to give josie the benefit of the doubt altho the closer she gets to shabby the more I seem to dislike her , as i said on another thread.

I do dislike Shabby( she's always the type of inmate the producers love and I hate every year) and am probably not prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt as she has shown all thru this how devious she is imo
Like I have said before, i honestly think you have the wrong HMs labelled as 'devious', considering how Ben has been choosing to play his game so far.

Last edited by vesavius; 02-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
If Ben were to win all the tasks,it would still not be good enough for some,as they just need SOMETHING,ANYTHING,to have a pop at simply because they don't like him,we get it ,we dont need telling in every post,I like Ben and until he does something that warrants my dislike that will be how it stays
As usual Kaz, you demonstrate you don't actually get it at all, so I will continue pointing it out to you if thats ok?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:18 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGold View Post
he did try though with the arm wrestling task but come on what a daft task we should of known it wouldnt be easy to get alll the hm's suitcases back but how the hell could he get the lazy hm's to do soemthing as random as that?? especially something like that where non of them had any interest whatsoever . but he gave us some laughs with tree of temp that was hilarious! . but whats his punishment going to be??????
I enjoyed listening to his "street talk" with the TOT, he is extremely good at "street"
Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM #42
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

Quote:
and it seemed in character for Ife a few hours later? c'mon...

we need to stop making excuses for him, admit that he hardly tried, failed the house, and move on.

He is just the Give Up King.
I wasn't making excuses for him
Old 02-07-2010, 03:27 PM #43

I felt bad for him when he was like I suggested an arm wrestling match and shabby was like "No way am I doing that" i was like o godddd haha poor guy

Love - Ben | Josie | Corin

"Whenever I get sad I think about that woman that got her face ripped off by a chimpanzee"
Kate.. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM #44
The flying tailor

The flying tailor

I've seen more 'go' in a sick note. Ben didn't even try.
Peter Plunker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:35 PM #45

Quote:
I honestly didnt see, can't say yes or no Stoney. The shot had at least around 5 or them there, but it was a close in view and didnt show the full group.

Like I have said before, i honestly think you have the wrong HMs labelled as 'devious', considering how Ben has been choosing to play his game so far.
ta for the answer ves. I'm sure you would agree tho that IF, and I know its a big if, Nathan and Shabby DID join in then my point about them not being prepared to do the "competition" simply cos it was Ben that was asking is very valid

He could have went to dave and mario first as they would have went along with him but he chose to see if team Shabby would want to.

I would have went to steve first meself but we all work differently

nathan closed it down straight away, which actually surprised me, and prob Ben, cos I thought it would be the sort of thing Nathan would do. Shabby made it abandantly clear there was no way she would do it if it was him asking. So he knew there was no point trying further as he had to get ALL inmate to compete.

As I have said to you before I just dont see Ben's deviousness, he talks too much and tries to fill the silences and that is where he puts his foot in it. That means he says a lot more than most of the rest. If he was as devious as some of you make out he would not keep getting caught out over it and he would not be as honest with his views as he is. Altho he is under the impression that the people he is talking with, his friends( altho JJ still acts that way while nominating him), are being as open and honest as he is.

But it would not be the first time or the last time that I have got it wrong.

still want shabby out tonight but i expect it will be the pretend love interest instaed tho

EDIT. I also really believe that Ben is not playing any game and has no gameplan. he is just being his open honest trusting self unlike some others. But we will all see in time

Last edited by stoney; 02-07-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM #46
Senior Moment Member

Favourites:
BB11: Ben
Senior Moment Member

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Quote:

Weak

I think that's his biggest failing. I think he is quite negative on himself or maybe lazy.

He perhaps hasn't had to work for or work things out for himself very much given his upbringing (probably set up in his internation role through the FCO old boy network) so doesn't have the personal drive or self motivation people dragged up have.

His other is his relatively montonous voice which doesn't captivate listeners but instead comes across as whiney. He has had episodes of whineyness as a result of him failing to stick up for himself, when he coul have easily justified his actions. In this respect he is the polar opposite of Shabby..
Frank E is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:59 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
EDIT. I also really believe that Ben is not playing any game and has no gameplan. he is just being his open honest trusting self unlike some others. But we will all see in time
You need to tell Mario that... his once best friend has just accused him of the very opposite on LF.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

lol at what Ben said on the HL show as well...

First he tries to represent to the other other HMs that he was asked to do something 'nasty' (lie), and then he fails to tell them he was doing it for their suitcases (lie by omission). Ever the politician eh Ben?

"...it was a combination of laziness and... couldnt be arsed'

Why do you all continue to struggle to find the good in this spineless selfish numbnuts?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:11 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
lol at what Ben said on the HL show as well...

First he tries to represent to the other other HMs that he was asked to do something 'nasty' (lie), and then he fails to tell them he was doing it for their suitcases (lie by omission). Ever the politician eh Ben?

"...it was a combination of laziness and... couldnt be arsed'

Why do you all continue to struggle to find the good in this spineless selfish numbnuts?
Worth pointing out that this, in bold, is exactly what the other HMs are accusing Ben of on LF right now

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashame, ben