Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 24-08-2010, 10:49 AM #26
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
BB14: Gina
BB14 USA: Dan
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
voting Danielle off just to get started) t
Getting her evicted was a brilliant move on his part. Parvarti and Danielle were already planning to get rid of him in the up coming evictions. By getting rid of her, Parvarti lost the power to do such a thing.
SoBig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 11:15 AM #27
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

SoBig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 04:18 PM #28
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
Troy = A person who, by default, hates on the Fan Favorite because they're the Fan Favorite.

The best Survivor player...probably Earl or Brian. But if you want to go statistically, it's Sandra. I don't believe that any Survivor winner is undeserving. You can play the game any way you like as long as you win. The rules aren't "You must be strategic, you must backstab, you must play everyone very well, you must win every competition." If you think that's it, then YOU don't know how Survivor works.

Is Russell the best player of all time? No. But he is definitely one of the better players that the game has seen.

Many internet Survivor fans hate Russell due to him being a producers favorite, therefore they overexagerate the gameplay Natalie had in Samoa - clouding their judgment on Russell's gameplay as a whole. His social game was obviously weak but he played very, very well strategically. He should have won Samoa, in my opinion, but deserved to get 0 votes in HvV.

Bottom line - don't try to reason with Troy. He already has his mind made up and is playing into what CBS wants....for you to hate (or love to hate) Russell Hantz. The reasoning may be different, but they still have accomplished the job they set out to do.
No, I don't hate Russell because he's the Fan Favorite, I hate Russell because he has no respect for the game of Survivor. He thinks just because he lost, the game needs to be changed because something is wrong. No, nothing is wrong expect Russell's strategy, because he doesn't get that the way he plays the game will never, ever give him thew in.

I don't think Russell's one of the better players the game has seen because all of his big moves are really stupid when you look at them and weren't as amazing as he made them seem. I am being 100% truthful that Russell is not in my top 100 and it's not just because of a bias or anything, it's because he really is not a good player.

No, the reason many internet Survivor fans hate Russell is because he has no respect for the game, and took up way too much screen time, making the editing for Samoa and HvV simply atrocious. Considering that Russell had 108 confessionals throughout Samoa and Natalie only had 15, obviously they didn't show nearly everything Natalie did, which is why everyone thinks she was a bad winner - because the editing was just about Russell, so if anyone won other than Russell people would say he was a bad winner. And it doesn't matter how strategically well you played (which Russell didn't even do) if everyone hates you, because that's been a factor in Survivor from season 1. Natalie definitely deserved to win, as did Sandra.

And I'm not giving into what CBS wants. CBS wants us to love Russell and think he's the best player ever, since all the casual fans think that whoever gets shown the most deserves to win. Suddenly since Russell was shown, backstabbing is okay and just a part of the game, but when people did that before it was such a sin.
Old 24-08-2010, 04:23 PM #29
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBig View Post
Lets get this straight, Troy. No one takes Russell to the end, he takes them to the end. Everyone who got to the final 4 in Survivor, got there because Russell wanted them there. Not the other way around. Everyone who was evicted, was evicted, because Russell wanted them evicted. He had total control of the game. He only fell off a bit towards the end in Heroes Vs Villains when Parvarti came on strong. But from Start to finish he played the best overall game.

This is one of the best moments ever in Survivor history, Russell Vs Boston Rob and Crew. Boston Rob, didn't realise who the Fu******* he was messing with. The crazy thing is, Russell had SEVERAL plays just like that. Dude was just too dominant.

Okay, lemme correct myself then Russell takes the people he takes to the end because they're smart enough to make him think he can beat them in a Jury vote. Reality is, Natalie and Sandra knew the whole time they wanted to go against Russell, because the win becomes that much easier. They saw through him right away to be an arrogant, cocky douchebag that everyone would hate and knew that they wanted to get to the end with him. So they downplayed themselves, saying that they would NEVER win a Jury vote, telling Russell that he's the best player and he deserves to win, just puffing up his ego. He's the one who fell for it and that's why he lost. So Russell may have "taken" the people who he wanted to the end, but it was those people who were taken that played him. And it doesn't matter how many votes Russell controlled or didn't control, because the decisions he made were stupid. If he really deserved to win, he would've done things differently and would have won. He fairly lost, he deserved to lose, get over it.
Old 24-08-2010, 04:34 PM #30
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBig View Post
Getting her evicted was a brilliant move on his part. Parvarti and Danielle were already planning to get rid of him in the up coming evictions. By getting rid of her, Parvarti lost the power to do such a thing.
No it wasn't brilliant at all, it was one of his stupider moves, and the execution itself was stupid too. He tried to pit Parvati and Danielle against each other but obviously didn't realize that they'd talk to each other about it, which just shows how poor his social game was and how he couldn't read people to save his life.

And why it wasn't brilliant: Danielle was one of the few people Russell actually had a chance of beating in a Final Tribal Council. If Russell actually saw this and wanted to have a good chance at winning, he would've realized that he need to keep Danielle in the game to actually have a slight chance at winning. Russell should've gotten Parvati out if anyone, but he should've tried to use their close bond to his advantage and improve his social game at the same time.
Old 24-08-2010, 06:05 PM #31

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
No, I don't hate Russell because he's the Fan Favorite, I hate Russell because he has no respect for the game of Survivor. He thinks just because he lost, the game needs to be changed because something is wrong. No, nothing is wrong expect Russell's strategy, because he doesn't get that the way he plays the game will never, ever give him thew in.

I don't think Russell's one of the better players the game has seen because all of his big moves are really stupid when you look at them and weren't as amazing as he made them seem. I am being 100% truthful that Russell is not in my top 100 and it's not just because of a bias or anything, it's because he really is not a good player.

No, the reason many internet Survivor fans hate Russell is because he has no respect for the game, and took up way too much screen time, making the editing for Samoa and HvV simply atrocious. Considering that Russell had 108 confessionals throughout Samoa and Natalie only had 15, obviously they didn't show nearly everything Natalie did, which is why everyone thinks she was a bad winner - because the editing was just about Russell, so if anyone won other than Russell people would say he was a bad winner. And it doesn't matter how strategically well you played (which Russell didn't even do) if everyone hates you, because that's been a factor in Survivor from season 1. Natalie definitely deserved to win, as did Sandra.

And I'm not giving into what CBS wants. CBS wants us to love Russell and think he's the best player ever, since all the casual fans think that whoever gets shown the most deserves to win. Suddenly since Russell was shown, backstabbing is okay and just a part of the game, but when people did that before it was such a sin.
Uh, yes you are giving into it. If they wanted him to be the new Rupert then he would have gotten an entirely positive edit in Samoa. And although I do think they're trying to promote him being one of the bests, if not the best, he's still in the same category as someone like Jonny Fairplay...who is not a favorite at all. Just a notorious character.

And if he truly is in your top 100 players then you should probably re-evaluate that list. He made moves based on what could get him to the end (at least in Samoa), that's one half of the goal of the game. I don't know how ousting his competitors and finding Idols were 'stupid' moves.

Doesn't show respect to the game of Survivor? Err....what? No, internet fans, especially Sucksters, just complain that he got such a big edit in Samoa and have an embedded hate for him so whenever someone wants to debate something about him, it effects their entire opinion. Because you dislike Russell, you convince yourself that he played REALLY ****ty. Worse than 1st boots! Worse than Erik Reichenbach! But it's not the case. He's in the Top 15 best, I'd say, hands down.
Chilltown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 06:24 PM #32

Why are you even replying to that know it all Chilltown??? Just like he has his opinion, we all have ours. The fact that lots of survivor fans will tell you Russell is the best ever, should be enough to know that he will always be in the conversation, no matter how some feel about him.

Sandra definitely deserved her first win, no doubt. Remember when they were in the market trying to get food for their tribe? She gave them that lead and her tribe dominated. Also because they had the wolfman as well.
But in Fans vs Favorites, that was a joke!!! But again, some will say she is the best ever, and its fair enough given she has won the game twice. CAnt argue with that, regardless of how she won. BUt I will maintain, she is the ultimate coattail rider!!

I feel pretty much the same as you like I said earlier. I think russell is one of the best players survivor has ever seen, no doubt about it. Making it to the end, on both occasions, was brilliant. HE shouldve won hands down in Samoa, like you said, but not the last one. That one shouldve been parvati. Survivor Jury though are a lot of the time salty and bitter in their votes, but I dont see how they didnt give it to Parvati.

But again, to me, my favorites, were Yul, Cirie, and Ozzie, for different reasons.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat!

Last edited by Wildcat!; 24-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 06:49 PM #33
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilltown View Post
Uh, yes you are giving into it. If they wanted him to be the new Rupert then he would have gotten an entirely positive edit in Samoa. And although I do think they're trying to promote him being one of the bests, if not the best, he's still in the same category as someone like Jonny Fairplay...who is not a favorite at all. Just a notorious character.

And if he truly is in your top 100 players then you should probably re-evaluate that list. He made moves based on what could get him to the end (at least in Samoa), that's one half of the goal of the game. I don't know how ousting his competitors and finding Idols were 'stupid' moves.

Doesn't show respect to the game of Survivor? Err....what? No, internet fans, especially Sucksters, just complain that he got such a big edit in Samoa and have an embedded hate for him so whenever someone wants to debate something about him, it effects their entire opinion. Because you dislike Russell, you convince yourself that he played REALLY ****ty. Worse than 1st boots! Worse than Erik Reichenbach! But it's not the case. He's in the Top 15 best, I'd say, hands down.
No, I think you have to re evaluate what makes a good Survivor player, because clearly you don't know how the game works. Finding Idols doesn't make you a better player by any means, it just means you can win a scavenger hunt. How about you actually read the stupid moves that I've posted instead of just ignoring the facts I present and continuing on your delusion about how good Russell is?

Yes, he doesn't respect the game because he thinks it's broken. It's that simple. He lost twice, he cried like a baby and claims the game is broken. it's not broken, it hasn't been broken for 20 seasons, just because he thinks he's better than he is doesn't mean he deserved to win, and doesn't mean the game is broken. If that's not disrespect, I don't know what is.

And yes, his big edit is something to complain about when great social players like Natalie and Brett get shafted in the edit and then everyone claims "Natalie is the worst winner ever" and "Russell was robbed" when Natalie was one of the better winners Survivor has had. No matter what kind of edit Russell would've had, I still would've hated him because he doesn't respect the game. And my hate for Russell doesn't make me think he's a ****ty player, it's just the stupid moves that he makes. I've already named a few, you've failed to acknowledge any of them because they are stupid! And I never said that Russell was worse than Erik or first boots, so you need to stop putting words into my mouth to try to weaken my argument. Russell is definitely not top 15, and definitely not top 50, those are just about facts. I personally don't have him in my top 100, but I see many delusional people here have him far into their top 100.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 AM #34
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

6 episodes into China and I'm really impressed with Todds gameplay.
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:16 AM #35
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Todd's gameplay was very good, definitely top 10 for me, possibly top 5 too, I'd have to lay it all out.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:11 AM #36

Brian Heidik

Some consider Brian the greatest player in Survivor history due to his perfectly planned strategy, charming wit, never receiving a vote at tribal council, and pupper master persona.

http://www.survivorfanwiki.com/page/Brian+Heidik
sirwanksalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:13 PM #37
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwanksalot View Post
Brian Heidik

Some consider Brian the greatest player in Survivor history due to his perfectly planned strategy, charming wit, never receiving a vote at tribal council, and pupper master persona.

http://www.survivorfanwiki.com/page/Brian+Heidik
Brian was a good strategist, but as an overall player he isn't the best. He almost lost to Clay ****ing Jordan.

In my opinion, the best performance was JT in Tocantins. Best player, Sandra without a doubt. Vecepia's also a very underrated one too.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
greatest, player, survivor