Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:28 PM #101
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
No I think it's more that we prefer to watch performers who have some vestige of talent to justify the "stage presence and personality". A decent singing voice helps. When I'm sat at home listening to my cds, stage presence and personality won't do it for me
Then to be honest, I think you're watching the wrong show. The show is looking for an artist to attempt to tap into the commerical, mainstream market. The majority of mainstream artists have little talent [especially vocal talent] - but it doesn't matter as with vocal enhancing technology there's not a problem. Like it or loathe it, that's the way it works. And so a 'decent singing voice' isn't the most important element. And I think you're forgetting that touring and gigs is a massive thing at the moment, so yes, stage presence and personality are very, very important factors. Unless you're someone with outstanding vocal talent, you're not going to shift ticket sales. You wouldn't pay for tickets to Gaga and expect to see her standing in a black dress for two hours, would you?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cher, Cher Lloyd, judges