Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 17-02-2011, 12:21 AM #76
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
It's not about life experience.
It's about what you know.

A Six year old for all we know, may know alot more than myself or you or any of us on this topic.
And what you know if gained through life experience.

Seriously ... good advice ... quit while your ahead. Trying to convince us that you have some sort of information on alternate planes of existence that the rest of us are not privy to is more than a little insane. Your a kid with a hyperactive imagination who is flat out too young and not yet well read enough to even begin to understand terms like 'heaven', 'hell' or 'afterlife'.

Nobody knows a bloody thing. Get yourself in check and chill out a bit lad.

I'm going to quit while I'm ahead now because this is a little unsettling. You could be just taking the mick or falling victim to your own excitement, thinking reading a few websites makes gives you some sort of eternal knowledge, but then again you could be proper nuttering it up.

Last edited by Stu; 17-02-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 12:23 AM #77
Banned

Banned

Once you're dead you're dead.

I don't believe there's a heaven or hell, no incarnation of dogs, nothing!

Some people just like to believe there's an afterlife to lighten the blow of death. I don't blame people as it would be a nice thought to think you'd be able to reintegrate with lost family and friends but I simply don't believe any of it is real.
jc7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:08 AM #78
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
And what you know if gained through life experience.

Seriously ... good advice ... quit while your ahead. Trying to convince us that you have some sort of information on alternate planes of existence that the rest of us are not privy to is more than a little insane. Your a kid with a hyperactive imagination who is flat out too young and not yet well read enough to even begin to understand terms like 'heaven', 'hell' or 'afterlife'.

Nobody knows a bloody thing. Get yourself in check and chill out a bit lad.

I'm going to quit while I'm ahead now because this is a little unsettling. You could be just taking the mick or falling victim to your own excitement, thinking reading a few websites makes gives you some sort of eternal knowledge, but then again you could be proper nuttering it up.
Think it has more to do with one of his relatives going to teach him how to talk to dead people when he is old enough.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:23 PM #79
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Default Re: If you could find out what happens after you die...

Seriously, yes, I think if there was a way to know then I would like to know, but if there is nothingness, then obviously there would be no way of knowing that, as nothingness would mean just that, so no way of a nothingness to let us know, if you know what I mean

If there is something, a moving on of the spirit to another existance of some sort then even then, could or would we want that to go on forever? And if there is something after we leave this World, then why don't we know for sure? And why has nothing otherwordly let us know for sure, is it taboo on another plain to do so? It is much too much to contemplate at times. In a way I have to believe, because I 'want' to believe, or humans and animals short existance, the highs and lows, the pleasure, the pain, the working most of our lifes to what end, makes no sense? What's the point of history even 'if' it might be all gone from memory for all when we finally demise?

I realise that having to believe, because I 'want' to believe makes me come across as a bit of a saddo, but sometimes you need something to hold onto to give life a meaning surely?

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 17-02-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:27 PM #80
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

em yeah I think i would like to know

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:49 PM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Karl has asked me to come to the thread,

I can't say too much at the moment everybody.

All I know is that when we die we will see our loved ones who have passed away over the years and as a matter of fact and this is something I've found very interesting, when we pass away we will gain the power to actually have the ability to see what's coming in the future.

The thing is, and this is one of the things I plan to investigate further when I'm 16, As I said in my last post I don't really believe in a Heaven or Hell but then again there's a chance what I know may be what they call 'Purgatory'.

It's time to ask yourselves though,
Would you be happier living on earth as a Ghost? Or would you be much more at peace in Heaven?

There's alot of aspects I plan to find and explore at the end of next August everybody.

And if TiBB is still around I'll get back to you all and let you know what I've found and what I've discovered.
You can't say too much at the moment? Sounds like bullsh!t to me. Did "God" tell you not to tell anyone what happens when we die?? I am sure like last year someone came on here claiming what really happens when we die because "God" told them. "God" gave them a sign. That one person out of nearly 7 billion people in the world. Mmm....

Anyway.. I suppose I can only go from "life experience". I have experienced ghosts before. I think that's about it. Anyway in relation to when we die. ANYTHING is possible. It is possible that there will be NOTHING when we die. I know.. this is scary. You would think.. what? That's it? So to the next millions of years we will be nothingness? No thoughts? No feelings? NOTHING. However we wouldn't know because it would be nothing. I hope I do die in my sleep so then I wouldn't know.. Wouldn't know if I was shot in the head I suppose but meh in your sleep would be better.

There is a possibility of reincarnation, being a ghost living what you live now, heaven, hell. Could be anything!

We are all going to be on the same boat anyway. Unless "God" or whoever chooses what our destiny after we die will be..... Mmm.

Just live life for the present. Do what you want!! But yeah people seem to have high morals and that because they want to be good all their lives and hope for a happy after life. You can't guarantee all this though!

Just try and be positive in everything you do. However we are human things get us down. It's nice to discuss about life after death. But being obsessed with it every single day is not going to do you any good.

However once in a while.. usually at night time when I am on my own.. some negative, horrible feeling happens to me when I am so worried about what will happen when we die. It only happens for a few minutes then I get over it!

Last edited by Beastie; 17-02-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:53 PM #82

Oh.. in answer to the topic question. Yes. I would like to know what happens to us when we die.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 03:13 PM #83
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Heres your chance to find out! God has sent me to tell you what happens, if you want to know, reveal the spoiler, if you don't then leave now.

Spoiler:

God came to me a couple of months ago and told me that Real World haters will go to hell, people who don't watch and have no opinion on the Real World will serve in heaven and Real World watchers will rule in heaven. no word of a lie. oh and homos go straight to hell
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 03:15 PM #84

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Why would anyone want to know what there is after death? It's the last great adventure which awaits us all.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 03:19 PM #85
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Why would anyone want to know what there is after death? It's the last great adventure which awaits us all.
But what if there is no great adventure though, Angus? Wouldn't the natural curiosity in most Humans want to know if there is at least the possibility that something awaits us, not neccessarily what that may be?

I have actually been very close to death. Some years back, the surgeon told me if I hadn't had what turned out to be a ten and a half hour operation when I did, I would have only lived another three weeks at most, it seems a long time for an operation but that's what I was told, unless I was still a bit out of it and didn't take in fully what was being said, and I knew deep down that I was on my last legs so to be, and I was amazed really that I was so ready, so at peace with what could have been my then impending death, but I am still here much to my amazement at times when I look back at just how ill I was.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 17-02-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:51 PM #86
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
You don't have to worry about Heaven or Hell, purely invented by humans.
I have never understood this teaching of Heaven and Hell, especially from the Christian element. If the Devil was cast out of Heaven by a God, then someone died who had done wrong in Gods eyes then was supposedly cast into Hell to be punished by the Devil for eternity, what contradiction that is, why would the Devil punish someone in Hell for disobeying a God? Yet that is drummed into people from an early age.

If anything is after our life here,I would rather not know anything now, but I can believe some of our energy may go somewhere after death,for what reason though I haven't a clue.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 04:00 PM #87
User banned

User banned

not sure really, i would be interested to know, but then i might not like the answer and spend life just thinking it over and over.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 04:00 PM #88

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
But what if there is no great adventure though, Angus? Wouldn't the natural curiosity in most Humans want to know if there is at least the possibility that something awaits us, not neccessarily what that may be?

I have actually been very close to death. Some years back, the surgeon told me if I hadn't had what turned out to be a ten and a half hour operation when I did, I would have only lived another three weeks at most, it seems a long time for an operation but that's what I was told, unless I was still a bit out of it and didn't take in fully what was being said, and I knew deep down that I was on my last legs so to be, and I was amazed really that I was so ready, so at peace with what could have been my then impending death, but I am still here much to my amazement at times when I look back at just how ill I was.
If there is only oblivion after death - I would not want to know since that would really make life itself a pretty futile and pointless exercise.

If, on the other hand, there is something after death, and I have my own personal reasons to believe there is from things I have experienced, then again I would not want to know definitively since that would take away the last great mystery - and the one we ALL will one day discover. For me, the belief that there is some other plane of existence after this life is over is something to look forward to and takes away the fear and finality of physical death. It gives me hope and sustains me when I feel overcome by grief for those that have gone.

You have poignantly described a life and death experience you lived through which must have been horrendous not only for you, but your family. I'm sure that experience has shaped your views and beliefs which I totally respect. I don't presume to tell other people that there is definitely nothing after death, nor that there is definitely some form of existence after death - it is just my personal belief that has been influenced by events I have experienced. I think it's something for individual contemplation, since NOBODY can absolutely prove it one way or another.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 04:02 PM #89
Banned

Banned

If I'm being honest I don't know why anyone was created in the first place.

No pain, nothing, if human life never existed created.

Life would be much easier because life wouldn't exist.

We can be grateful for the good times and the happiness in our lives, but if we never existed in the first place then we wouldn't be aware of things that could happen if we existed.

Food for thought.

Last edited by jc7; 17-02-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:05 PM #90
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc7 View Post
If I'm being honest I don't know why anyone was created in the first place.

No pain, nothing, if human life never existed created.

Life would be much easier because life wouldn't exist.

We can be grateful for the good times and the happiness in our lives, but if we never existed in the first place then we wouldn't be aware of things that could happen if we were created.

Food for thought.
i can only get into these type of discussions when im very stoned
makes you really think
Old 17-02-2011, 04:09 PM #91
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
If there is only oblivion after death - I would not want to know since that would really make life itself a pretty futile and pointless exercise.

If, on the other hand, there is something after death, and I have my own personal reasons to believe there is from things I have experienced, then again I would not want to know definitively since that would take away the last great mystery - and the one we ALL will one day discover. For me, the belief that there is some other plane of existence after this life is over is something to look forward to and takes away the fear and finality of physical death. It gives me hope and sustains me when I feel overcome by grief for those that have gone.

You have poignantly described a life and death experience you lived through which must have been horrendous not only for you, but your family. I'm sure that experience has shaped your views and beliefs which I totally respect. I don't presume to tell other people that there is definitely nothing after death, nor that there is definitely some form of existence after death - it is just my personal belief that has been influenced by events I have experienced. I think it's something for individual contemplation, since NOBODY can absolutely prove it one way or another.
There's no point to life anyway.

I hate to piss on the bonfire, but we come out the womb then die 80 odd years later. Everything else is filled in.

We might enjoy life but then there's also the crap that tags along with it.

Quote:
something to look forward to and takes away the fear and finality of physical death. It gives me hope and sustains me when I feel overcome by grief for those that have gone.
Yep, I agree with that. My personal opinion is that there's nothing beyond death, but it would be nice to think there's something pleasant waiting at the other end.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:12 PM #92
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

I don't think I would want to know. To think that after you kick the bucket thats your lot, is horrid. I'd hate it, its so bleak.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:14 PM #93
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
i can only get into these type of discussions when im very stoned
makes you really think
Yeah, they provoke conversation that will just go round and round in circles because no one is alive to prove otherwise.

Just personal opinions which are interesting to hear.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:16 PM #94

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

I wouldn't be bothered.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 07:45 PM #95
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Patrick still didnt say if 2012 existed. /glare

Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 07:53 PM #96
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

I believe that afterlife is just an emotional crutch for those who fear death.
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-02-2011, 09:06 PM #97
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonJam View Post
I believe that afterlife is just an emotional crutch for those who fear death.
Maybe for some, but I do think some will probably feel like myself that they have to believe there is something after death. Asking otherwise just what is the point of life or maybe not so much that, but making so much of things in life that on the whole don't really matter such as material things. It should make us question really what we want out of our short lifes whilst on earth rather than what we think others want of us, but in the back of our minds some will always be worried they will burn in Hell, so lead a life that reflects on that belief.

Last edited by Suze; 17-02-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 17-02-2011, 09:08 PM #98
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

No, I wouldn't
Old 17-02-2011, 11:29 PM #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
To be honest, we could know everything we could know about science, but theres still that lingering question - Why? Why does existance exist? We don't really know anything and we never will
Just think of it as a bloody huge-arse coincidence.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
die, find