Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 AM #51

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Yesterday was No Smoking Day
and Kate Moss the Utter Trouble Maker
marches out with her stinking fag in her gob.
She is one Stinker that gets younger girls smoking
and feeling Sexy.

They used to have ads back in 1968
that showed women being more Free as they smoked.
In 1969 they were banned.

Kate Moss Rear
Saggy cellulite - not a good look especially in her profession. It's well known that smoking ages the skin.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:42 PM #52
User banned

User banned

pimpyourfagbox.com

snm.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:27 PM #53
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Saggy cellulite - not a good look especially in her profession. It's well known that smoking ages the skin.
I'd say that her fags, her penchance for all sorts of drugs, her heavy partying and utterly hedonistic lifestyle all combined might have a lot to do with the nick she's in than just fags.

I'm a good bit older and though the wrinkles are showing due to the fags, and far too much sun worshipping (and major sunbed sessions for years!!), I still look a damn sight better, facially and in my body than this supposed supermodel. My teeth are also nice and straight - unlike the wonkey set of gnashers Miss Moss has.

how the feck she ever made it as an International model, I will never know. She is as skanky looking as they come.

(You can I adore her eh!!!........ seriously though, compare her to Elle McPherson, Cindy Crawford etc..... much older supermodel who could wipe the floor with Moss on all counts).

As far as the thread goes: if the government really give a damn - they would BAN cigarettes and tobacco. They won't ever do that because they pull in FAR too much money via tax on said items to ever contemplate making it illegal.

Far as I'm concerned, they are pretending to be doing something - when the fact of the matter remains: it's all smoke and mirrors. they cannot do without the massive financial injection that smokers contribute to the economy. What is spent on health care is clawed back by the fact that smokers die far earlier: saving on pensions, further health care, social services care etc.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 10-03-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I'd say that her fags, her penchance for all sorts of drugs, her heavy partying and utterly hedonistic lifestyle all combined might have a lot to do with the nick she's in than just fags.

I'm a good bit older and though the wrinkles are showing due to the fags, and far too much sun worshipping (and major sunbed sessions for years!!), I still look a damn sight better, facially and in my body than this supposed supermodel. My teeth are also nice and straight - unlike the wonkey set of gnashers Miss Moss has.

how the feck she ever made it as an International model, I will never know. She is as skanky looking as they come.

(You can I adore her eh!!!........ seriously though, compare her to Elle McPherson, Cindy Crawford etc..... much older supermodel who could wipe the floor with Moss on all counts).

As far as the thread goes: if the government really give a damn - they would BAN cigarettes and tobacco. They won't ever do that because they pull in FAR too much money via tax on said items to ever contemplate making it illegal.

Far as I'm concerned, they are pretending to be doing something - when the fact of the matter remains: it's all smoke and mirrors. they cannot do without the massive financial injection that smokers contribute to the economy. What is spent on health care is clawed back by the fact that smokers die far earlier: saving on pensions, further health care, social services care etc.

You beat me to it Studies have shown that smokers cost a lot less, in actual fact. They tend to die quite young.
Also, there's a lot of talk in this thread about young women smoking because they think it's cool. Young women smoke because it suppresses their appetite and keeps them thin.
patsylimerick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 PM #55
Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

It's not as if fag boxes are beautifully coloured, either. Blue, silver and red are the only colours you see on fag counters.

Jayson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:25 AM #56
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
It's not as if fag boxes are beautifully coloured, either. Blue, silver and red are the only colours you see on fag counters.
You forgot about Gold, (B&H) Black (JPS) Green (Mayfair Menthol) - the colour variety of packaging is quite broad.

Putting pictures of damaged lungs, rotting teeth, tumours on fag packets didn't make much difference...... I for one used to look at the ones with the rotting teeth - usually with the subject looking like some very impoverished soul - who probably couldn't have afforded any basic health care, never mind dental care. so the pictures always seemed misleading - they always seemed to show people who clearly had no money, or access to regular health / dental facilities.

People will smoke if they want to smoke, it really is as simply as that - and the goverenment know this all too well. It suits our ~Government to allow that to continue - whilst they pretend to want smokers to stop. All they are doing is 'seemingly' taking some action. - when in reality - the economy simply could not afford to lose the revenue from extortionately taxed cigarettes and tobacco. That's the truth.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 AM #57
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

All the goverment are doing is making people buy knock off cigs and bacci
Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM #58
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
All the goverment are doing is making people buy knock off cigs and bacci

My twice a year holidays are the reason for me going abroad - with the main reason for my 6monthly supply of cheap tobacco - and the money I save (if I'd be buying here), pays for holiday to boot. !!!

I was reading somewhere recently that Belgium is stopping stocking many British tobaccos (and some cigs too) - that Amberleaf, and I think Mayfair fags are hard as hell to get now - for that very reason - because Brits are going over there to stock up, and are losing billions in revenue. There's a big kick up over it far as I understand.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
You forgot about Gold, (B&H) Black (JPS) Green (Mayfair Menthol) - the colour variety of packaging is quite broad.

Putting pictures of damaged lungs, rotting teeth, tumours on fag packets didn't make much difference...... I for one used to look at the ones with the rotting teeth - usually with the subject looking like some very impoverished soul - who probably couldn't have afforded any basic health care, never mind dental care. so the pictures always seemed misleading - they always seemed to show people who clearly had no money, or access to regular health / dental facilities.

People will smoke if they want to smoke, it really is as simply as that - and the goverenment know this all too well. It suits our ~Government to allow that to continue - whilst they pretend to want smokers to stop. All they are doing is 'seemingly' taking some action. - when in reality - the economy simply could not afford to lose the revenue from extortionately taxed cigarettes and tobacco. That's the truth.
It's been a cynical ploy by every government in the last 40 odd years; increasing the taxes on cigarettes and tobacco to supposedly deter smoking, whilst conveniently inflating the coffers of the Treasury. The economy would probably have been in even more dire straits without the contribution of the smokers. When I was still smoking 20 years ago, price rises and pictures of diseased lungs weren't enough to put me off - it took a personal decision based on not damaging my children's health to motivate me into stopping - it was one thing to damage my own lungs but quite another to be responsible for damaging my children's lungs.

Leave smokers be so long as they don't inflict their smoke on others. They should at least be provided with smoking areas.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM #60
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Terrible idea, I doubt it will even be that effective but that's not even the point. The government should stop thinking it's their job to protect people from themselves, people should have the right to choose to smoke if they so wish, trying to hide cigarettes away in the desperate hope that it will make people give up or not start is a stupid idea.
This isnt what they are doing though. They dont actually want people to stop. They would be fecked, moneywise.

They just need to appear to be doing stuff to make people stop. Afterall, surely if they were that concerned about peoples health, they would just stop selling cigarettes/tobacco all together.

Nah, they just have to LOOK like they are concerned, whilst hoping that the changes wont deter anyone.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson View Post

You are Wrong Jay
the design hooks younger girls before they are legal to smoke.

That is a Problem.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:16 PM #62
Judas

Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

They just need to appear to be doing stuff to make people stop. Afterall, surely if they were that concerned about peoples health, they would just stop selling cigarettes/tobacco all together.
Loads of people seem to support this conspiracy, and I understand why. Smoking DOES make the government money but I really do think they want to cut the smoking rate - else why would they spend billions on schemes to try and cut the rates. In a way the government have some kind of stable income from cigarettes, so it makes a certain percent of revenue. As more people quit, the tax goes up. Simple. I personally think they want a low smoking rate so we appear better in all of the global health indexes.

I smoke/d so I am not of those people saying this just to be against smoking.

JUDAS

Spoiler:

Signature thanks to ninastar and Shaun, who have my love for

years
Judas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:00 PM #63
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Loads of people seem to support this conspiracy, and I understand why. Smoking DOES make the government money but I really do think they want to cut the smoking rate - else why would they spend billions on schemes to try and cut the rates. In a way the government have some kind of stable income from cigarettes, so it makes a certain percent of revenue. As more people quit, the tax goes up. Simple. I personally think they want a low smoking rate so we appear better in all of the global health indexes.

I smoke/d so I am not of those people saying this just to be against smoking.
Its dead simple to answer that one, they invest money in advertising etc, so that they are seen to be doing something.

Otherwise one day in the future some smoker who is slowly dying of some smoking related disease/illness could take the government to court and say, "how come you never informed us/banned smoking?".

The way that past governments have imposed controls on not only smoking but other health related issues (COSHH, Sale of foods etc) negates the possibility of being sued for taking taxes through tobacco while at the same time not bothering about the health of smokers.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:29 PM #64
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

The advert above this thread is promoting a smokers dating service lol
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote