Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-10-2011, 08:04 PM #26
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Wow, that's horrible, sick ****ers

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-10-2011, 08:12 PM #27
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Here's the latest according to sky news:
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16094870
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2011, 09:39 AM #28
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

This is totally sickening..I hope they find whoever's responsible soon
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 08:50 PM #29
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
A TEENAGER was last night charged in connection with the brutal murder of barman Stuart Walker.

Detectives arrested Ryan Esquierdo, 18, days after they questioned him about the killing.

They had taken DNA swabs from Ryan and brother Robert as part of their probe into the death at the weekend in Cumnock, Ayrshire.

A report will now be sent to the procurator fiscal and Esquierdo is expected to appear at Ayr Sheriff Court on Monday.

The body of 28-year-old Stuart was found battered and burnt in the early hours of Saturday on an industrial estate after what police described as an “extremely violent and sustained attack”.

Earlier this week, the Record told how Robert, 22, denied having anything to do with the murder.

He claimed police targeted him because of his past record.

He added: “I wasn’t involved in any way. I’ve told the cops that. I’m not running about like an idiot any more. I did when I was a boy but not now. Our family are being blamed for this and it’s not true.

“I wasn’t there. I was staying at my girlfriend’s.

“I’m nothing to do with any of this. They’ve come and taken my DNA but that’s what murder cops do when something like this happens.”

Several other members of the Esquierdo family have been quizzed by cops.

Dad Anthony, 48, of Logan, near Cumnock, confirmed he had been spoken to.
SOURCE
Old 29-10-2011, 09:14 PM #30

Arrow I googled "Esquierdo" and .....

PC given community service for attacking motorist

http://www.heraldscotland.com/pc-giv...orist-1.873580

29 Jan 2008

Quote:
DA police officer who attacked an innocent motorist and sprayed him and his family with CS gas was ordered to carry out 150 hours of community service.

Chester Smith was sentenced yesterday at Ayr Sheriff Court for what his victim believes was an act of road rage.

Smith, who has since resigned from the force, sprayed gas into the car of businessman Bert Esquierdo, forcing the 53-year-old, his wife Elizabeth and son John, 10, out into the road.

He then bundled Mr Esquierdo, who was temporarily blinded, to the ground, handcuffed him and pushed his knee into his neck, the victim said. Mr Esquierdo claimed he was only targeted because he shook his head when Smith, who was on duty at the time of the incident, cut him off in his police car.

Strathclyde Police, who did not wish to comment yesterday, have formally confirmed that they believe Mr Esquierdo was being arrested for no good reason. Smith, 37, who initially denied attacking Mr Esquierdo, earlier pled guilty to assault.

He had seized hold of his victim by the arms and body, handcuffed him, and forced his face repeatedly to the ground. He also admitted spraying CS gas.

Sheriff John Montgomery, sentencing, said: "There can be no doubt that this crime involved abuse of the power which society invested in you as a police officer."

The incident took place on February 4, 2006, in Cumnock, Ayrshire, as Mr Esquierdo, at the time the president of local junior football side Lugar Boswell Thistle, and his family were driving to a game.

The police have since apologised unreservedly for Smith's "reprehensible" behaviour.

However, Smith's defence agent, Paul McBride QC, argued in mitigation yesterday that the former constable had suffered more than Mr Esquierdo as a result of their "struggle".

"He has lost his career. He came off worse in terms of physical injuries than the complainer," Mr McBride said. "He accepts his actions when he carried out the arrest fell short of the appropriate professional standards that would be required."

Mr McBride stressed Smith's previous good record as both a police officer for four years and as a retained firefighter, a position he still has. Smith had previously been commended for his bravery. He is now working in his family's motor trade business.

Mr Esquierdo said: "I am just happy that this has been resolved."
Coincidence or connected ?

Last edited by Omah; 29-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 09:52 PM #31
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

There are two different families of Esquierdo's in Cumnock. They're distantly related.

This one is related though.. it's Ryan's brother: CLICK

Last edited by lily.; 29-10-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: to add link
Old 29-10-2011, 10:14 PM #32

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
There are two different families of Esquierdo's in Cumnock. They're distantly related.
Let me guess - one family is respectable, the other isn't and never the twain shall meet .....

Last edited by Omah; 29-10-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 29-10-2011, 10:52 PM #33
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I don't know much about either family to be honest. I just know they're distantly related.

For that matter, I don't know where the guy from your news story fits in either. :/
Old 29-10-2011, 11:28 PM #34

Question Strathaven Cattle show - S Esquierdo

http://www.eastkilbridenews.co.uk/la...0144-27221201/

Sep 8 2010

Quote:
Livestock classes enjoyed a big rise in support, with farmers from throughout central Scotland and further afield bringing their beasts to the show. This year’s champion of champion was a Limousin bull owned by Ian Nimmo of Bogside Farm, Carluke.

Other winners were:

Dairy Cattle

Ayrshire section, judged by James Rankin, Badenheath, Cumbernauld:- Stirk free of calf – 1, S Esquierdo, Cumnock; 2, Murray Leggate, Silverigg, Chapelton.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM #35

Default Stuart Walker death: Ryan Esquierdo charged

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-15528120

Quote:
A teenager has appeared in court charged with the murder of barman Stuart Walker in East Ayrshire.

The 28-year-old's body was discovered at the side of a road at Caponacre Industrial Estate in Cumnock shortly before 05:00 on 22 October.

Ryan Esquierdo was charged with murder and theft when he appeared in private at Ayr Sheriff Court.

The 18-year-old, from Cumnock, made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody. The case was continued.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 AM #36

Unhappy

http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/...s-murder/65039

Quote:
Hate crimes against the gay community in Scotland have risen almost fivefold in the past five years, statistics revealed earlier this year.

A freedom of information request to Scotland’s eight police forces showed a disturbing rise in reports of violent attacks, indecent assaults, abuse and vandalism against people targeted just because of their sexual orientation.

There were 666 incidents of homophobic abuse in 2009-10, almost double the 364 incidents reported in 2007-8, and almost five times the 114 incidents reported in 2004-5.

New laws were introduced in Scotland in 2010 to tackle hate crime against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, putting it on the same footing as incidents involving racism.

The Offences Aggravated by Prejudice (Scotland) Act brought Scotland into line with the rest of the UK by widening the definition of hate crimes.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
inquiry, murder, stuart, walker