Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-11-2011, 01:03 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Arrow Owen to take punishment too far? [Corrie]

Owen Armstrong's relationship with Anna Windass will come under strain on Coronation Street after the builder slaps her adoptive daughter Faye, a report has claimed.

Owen, played by Ian Puleston-Davies, hits the schoolgirl in an upcoming plot as he takes care of her while Anna is away, according to the Daily Star.

The storyline is believed to unfold when Anna (Debbie Rush) has to leave Weatherfield for a few days to look after her brother, who is unwell. While she is gone, Faye causes chaos by repeatedly disobeying Owen.

Sources say that Owen finally loses his temper when Faye (Ellie-Louise Leach) kills his fish by pouring creosote into its new pond in the back yard.

Stunned when Owen strikes her as a punishment, Faye makes contact with Anna and the café worker returns home in a fury. Anna and Owen soon clash over their different approaches to parenting, leaving their future in jeopardy.

Owen apparently defends his actions by saying: "Look, things just got out of hand. The kid needs boundaries and I showed her where they start."

However, angry Anna declares: "I can't be sure you'll not hit her again and I can't ever take that risk, so it's over between us."

Owen and Anna have been dating on screen for a few weeks, but recent episodes have shown that Faye is struggling to warm to her adoptive mum's new boyfriend.

Coronation Street is expected to air the new storyline early next year.

I can't blame Owen tbh, Faye has been nothing but nasty to him

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corrie, owen, punishment