Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Creative Writing and Books This area is for members' stories and poetry. Also a forum for book reviews and discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2012, 07:17 PM #1
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Default The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: Out now!

Quote:
JK Rowling is writing a novel for adults, it has been announced.

Rowling's literary agency The Blair Partnership has not yet announced details about the upcoming book, but the author has confirmed her next project is aimed at an older audience.

The author said in a statement: "Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by [publisher] Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world.

"The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

The Blair Partnership has promised that more concrete information about the book will be released "later in the year".

Rowling's Harry Potter books have sold more than 400m copies around the world to become the most successful literary series of all time.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - the first book in the Potter franchise – was released in 1997 in the UK and 1998 in the US and became a near-instant hit with children.

Six further Potter adventures followed, with the series eventually adapted to the silver screen with movies starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint.

The final instalment Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released in 2007.
This is such good news, beyond excited for this.

I hope it's released relatively soon as in next year or the year after. Don't want to be waiting years and years like we still are for the political fairytale.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
adults, jk, rowling, writing