Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM #1

Default Jessie Wallace promises a return to old Kat

EastEnders star Jessie Wallace has praised the soap's bosses for bringing back the "feisty" and "funny" sides of her character Kat Moon.

Kat heads home to Albert Square in a few days' time and immediately shows loyal support for troubled Jean Slater, who has been conned by schemer Michael Moon.

Wallace told The Mirror of her EastEnders return: "I've really missed it and it's great to be back. It's like going back to my family. It's fantastic.

"I've especially missed working with Shane [Richie]. He's one of my best pals. I love him dearly - I think that's why we bounce off each other so well on screen. I rang him nearly every day to check up on what was happening! I feel like Kat's come back a lot stronger."

She continued: "Before [my] break, I had the baby swap story and towards the end of last year, Kat was becoming very downtrodden. Now she's coming back fighting fit. It's almost like when Kat first arrived on screen in 2000. She's come back with those original feisty, tarty, funny and a bit cold sides to her. It's a new Kat."

However, Wallace added that fans should not necessarily expect plain sailing for Kat's marriage to Alfie.

She said: "I think there will always be love between them - they are fish and chips, they go together. But they are going to have their ups and downs, which I can't talk about."

EastEnders airs Kat's return scenes on Thursday (June 7) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM #2

This couldn't come soon enough, I reckon. The audience has had to endure her being a total bitch and a slag since all that baby swap crap came out 1.5 years ago. Maybe my television screen won't be damaged from all the bricks thrown at it...

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:45 PM #3
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Good. Because I was DREADING her returning, I actually hate the character with every inch of my body. The fact she cheated on Alfie made me want to murder her.

I hate how she cried and acted miserable and dull ever since that Baby Swap - It's like 'YOU GOT YOUR BABY BACK. NOW SMILE FFS.'

Whenever there was a good scene, Kat would have to come in with her sour face and ruin it.
So Jessie better keep this promise, or she can leave for good.

Also, Alfie + Roxy >>>>
Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 PM #4

i have to agree - been there done it and got the tshirt - we are just trying to hold on back to the past now it has gone belly up having so many teen cha-rectors on EE - what they need to realise is they need a new cast and a old lot of people that can act.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Good. Because I was DREADING her returning, I actually hate the character with every inch of my body. The fact she cheated on Alfie made me want to murder her.

I hate how she cried and acted miserable and dull ever since that Baby Swap - It's like 'YOU GOT YOUR BABY BACK. NOW SMILE FFS.'

Whenever there was a good scene, Kat would have to come in with her sour face and ruin it.
So Jessie better keep this promise, or she can leave for good.

Also, Alfie + Roxy >>>>
Exactly and that's the difference between her first and second stint. In her first, she was a sassy, feisty 'tart with a heart' but since that baby swap palaver broke out she became a Kerry Katona. Let's just hope this isn't another one of the series of broken promises EastEnders has made over the past few years.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 PM #6

i am sure it will be - same old - EE is in a rut -
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jessie, kat, promises, return, wallace