Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 13-08-2012, 10:14 AM #26

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I have highlighted a few points relating to your perception of deana, I find it strange you only see these traits in her and in no other HM....
Did conor not victimise?
Did luke S not try to show deana up?
Did becky not have a patronising, arrogant side?
Did sara not have trouble letting things go?
Did ashleigh not cuss?
Did caroline not have the look of someone with a bad smell under her nose?

Deana in my opinion has been entertaining in the fact that I enjoyed watching her over the last 10 weeks battle against being suppressed. Showing great resillience and strength of character, to become confident enough to challenge those who have belittled her.
During both the task with Nina and the meal with luke S she was open and honest about her experiences in the house and it is for those reasons I support her...
It is not 'blind faith' I have just seen qualities in deana that you can't see.
Maybe that is because you only notice my posts about Deana - who really has many more threads about her than any other HM.

Conor did indeed victimize - and I detested him and defended Deana in many posts early on (in fact, she was a fav of mine until recently).
Luke S did indeed have a spat with Deana - I'm not sure If he was trying to show her up or if it was just a disagreement - I'd need to see it again.
Caroline and Becky were both arrogant and bitchy and I disliked them even more than Deana - but their fans didn't try to ram them down peoples throats.
Sara does go on and on but while doing so she isn't trying to show someone up purposely (as Deana even admitted to doing) nor is she being cruel in any way.
Ashleigh does cuss, but she doesn't pretend to anything other than what she is.
If you found her entertaining, that's great. Many of her fans don't mention that, they seem fixated on how she was victimized full stop - and seem to forget she is capable of victimization herself.
I do see some positive qualities but the negatives far outweigh them. Deana fans online (C5 site, twitter etc) can't see anything negative and some of them harass and insult those who have a different opinion (not you of course!) Most people here are fine...some not so much...

Last edited by jet; 13-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:19 AM #27

I have been a bb fan since day 1 but I have never been less interested in a final. The mix of housemates this year has been disappointing. I am afraid I didn't like deana from the start, nothing I can put my finger on but my first impression has stuck with me, I have at times felt for her but at other times I have found her to be annoying, irritating and at times rude....

For me now if I had to pick a winner it would be Adam. Whilst not being the most memorable housemate he seems pretty genuine.....

Just hope next year is better
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:35 AM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Maybe that is because you only notice my posts about Deana - who really has many more threads about her than any other HM.

Conor did indeed victimize - and I detested him and defended Deana in many posts early on (in fact, she was a fav of mine until recently).
Luke S did indeed have a spat with Deana - I'm not sure If he was trying to show her up or if it was just a disagreement - I'd need to see it again.
Caroline and Becky were both arrogant and bitchy and I disliked them even more than Deana - but their fans didn't try to ram them down peoples throats.
Sara does go on and on but while doing so she isn't trying to show someone up purposely (as Deana even admitted to doing) nor is she being cruel in any way.
Ashleigh does cuss, but she doesn't pretend to anything other than what she is.
If you found her entertaining, that's great. Many of her fans don't mention that, they seem fixated on how she was victimized full stop - and seem to forget she is capable of victimization herself.
I do see some positive qualities but the negatives far outweigh them. Deana fans online can't see anything negative and some of them harass and insult those who have a different opinion (not you of course!) Most people here are fine...some not so much...
I do not only notice posts about deana, I actively contribute to many threads on this forum.
I was initially a fan of ashleigh, as you have pointed out the rest were horrible and she spoke her mind.

However following carolines departure ash and becky became closer and she lost most of the impartiality she had previously,it was at this point I felt deana deserved my support.

This supposition that the motives of supporters of deana are irrational and insulting is confusing, anyone is capable of having a strong opinion no matter which HM they are championing surely?

Last edited by Kizzy; 13-08-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:38 AM #29

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Good post from the OP, if you are a blind Deana fan....
But why has most of the OP's points saying why Deana should win all been about Deana being a victim? Is that what a winner should be? A victim who has shown clearly enough that she is very capable of standing up for herself - and that she can victimize other people just as well?
What about her over the top taunting of Luke S, her trying to show Sara up - both showing how she goes on and on and on and can't let things go?
Why would she say someone she has just met has 'evil eyes' - that's pretty horrible, is it not?
Where is her dignity and class when she is cussing?
What about her patronizing, arrogant side? That often she has the look of someone who has a bad smell under her nose?

I would be more impressed if the OP could tell us about Deana's many entertaining moments, when she has been endearing, funny, vulnerable, adventurous, creative...in other words gave us some truly memorable moments that winners should have. But wait - there aren't any, so the victim card will have to suffice.

Apart from being picked on, how entertaining or likable is she really?

Someone being victimized and in return victimizing others does not a deserving winner make.
Good post,I am kinda thinking now people will be voting for Deana just to get one over on Conor,which is really not a good victory in my book.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:45 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
Good post,I am kinda thinking now people will be voting for Deana just to get one over on Conor,which is really not a good victory in my book.
Yes & like they said on BOTS last night, people will vote for her because they dont want to admit that they may have got it wrong after weeks of saving her.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:50 AM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I do not only notice posts about deana, I actively contribute to many threads on this forum.
I was initially a fan of ashleigh, as you have pointed out the rest were horrible and she spoke her mind.

However following carolines departure ash and becky became closer and she lost most of the impartiality she had previously,it was at this point I felt deana deserved my support.

This supposition that the motives of supporters of deana are irrational and insulting is confusing, anyone is capable of having a strong opinion no matter which HM they are championing surely?
I said maybe you only noticed MY posts about Deana as I have posted both positively and negatively on other HM's too. The thing is, Deana is currently relevant as she is in line to win the show and there are many threads about her
When I said Deana fans 'online' I meant those on the C5 site, Facebook and Twitter. If you read any of those sites you will see how insulting they can be. I said most people here are okay, with a few exceptions. Maybe you missed the post on this thread by Toronto matt which tried to insult me? Everyone is entitled to their opinion without someone insulting them, surely?
Old 13-08-2012, 10:51 AM #32
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
Yes & like they said on BOTS last night, people will vote for her because they dont want to admit that they may have got it wrong after weeks of saving her.
I agree. Deana would be an even worse winner that Rachel Rice! At least she was a lovely girl!
Old 13-08-2012, 11:12 AM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I said maybe you only noticed MY posts about Deana as I have posted both positively and negatively on other HM's too. The thing is, Deana is currently relevant as she is in line to win the show and there are many threads about her
When I said Deana fans 'online' I meant those on the C5 site, Facebook and Twitter. If you read any of those sites you will see how insulting they can be. I said most people here are okay, with a few exceptions. Maybe you missed the post on this thread by Toronto matt which tried to insult me? Everyone is entitled to their opinion without someone insulting them, surely?
Ah well there you have it! there are all kinds of whackos on there saying all manner of twaddle.. I never even bother to look on there.

It's better on here as it is moderated to (hopefully ) keep things civil, although there is the occasional blip from both 'camps' haha.

I did miss that sorry, did you see a post the other day suggesting I ate poo?
Some people eh?
Old 13-08-2012, 11:15 AM #34

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 11:23 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ah well there you have it! there are all kinds of whackos on there saying all manner of twaddle.. I never even bother to look on there.

It's better on here as it is moderated to (hopefully ) keep things civil, although there is the occasional blip from both 'camps' haha.

I did miss that sorry, did you see a post the other day suggesting I ate poo?
Some people eh?
I did see that. Charming, eh?
Old 13-08-2012, 11:33 AM #36

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Ryan.

Anybody other than Deana having this will be an anti-climax for me, can't wait for Conor's fans to be chating 'FIX FIX FIX' 'SHE GOT BOOED, HOW DID SHE WIN?' in a few hours.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 11:33 AM #37

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

thought this was a thread about deana's jouney and why she should win
if you dont like deana fair enough what others though have gone through enough in there and deserve to win if not her? answers on a postcard please lol or below o)
Old 13-08-2012, 11:52 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
Ryan.

Anybody other than Deana having this will be an anti-climax for me, can't wait for Conor's fans to be chating 'FIX FIX FIX' 'SHE GOT BOOED, HOW DID SHE WIN?' in a few hours.
I'm not a Conor fan and I'll not be wondering why she won. If she wins it will be a mixture of...
1.Conor's rant getting her sympathy
2. People not wanting to back down when they supported her so much early on
3.People just like her
If it wasn't for the first two points I doubt enough people would belong to No 3 to get her the win.

If a winner gets booed, there are reasons for that. It's not the victory it should be for a fully deserving winner - it is one for their fans who got them there by default. That's not a good result for anyone in the end.
Old 13-08-2012, 02:21 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Deana simply doesnt deserve to win... selfish, disloyal and untrusrtworthy...simples!!
Good one
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 04:49 PM #40
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

I think the OP has made some very valid points about Deana and up until very recently would have concurred with this notion. However, in the last week I have also considered Adam and Luke A who have both been on a similar "journey". Because Deana has such a potty mouth (mind you A and L do too) and because I watched her Miss India U.K highlights on You Tube - it occurred to me that Deana already has some significant success and either of the two boys would benefit more from winning. I don't think Sara has been shown to contribute anything of merit and I really don't think Luke S should win because apart from admiring his own reflection there is no substance to him and his own high opinion of himself far outweighs anything the general public could do for him. So probably Adam or Luke A should win as they will benefit from it in a much more positive way than the others. A win by default would rather make a mockery of the entire series.

Last edited by mr rochester; 13-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 05:11 PM #41
0_o

0_o

Cleaned this up. Stay on topic and stop insulting each other. This includes insulting fans of housemates
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 05:14 PM #42

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 5: Jackie
BBUSA19: Jessica

Amazing post.

Last edited by Flamingjoe; 13-08-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Flamingjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 05:17 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Thanks

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, deana, journey, win