Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 23-08-2012, 12:26 PM #26

I'm 25 and I new about the situation A few years ago, as did the majority of people I know who are all my age and older. Julian might have been big in the 80s but we aren't in the 80s anymore. He's a nobody now, trying to claw his way back on to the fame ladder but failing miserably.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:26 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
How on earth is he "funny" He is thick as pig's sh*t & parades about as if he is some Greek God

Yes, hilarious...
he's unintentionally funny, true, but at least he's not a jerk. he doesn't ridicule people or have to be intentionally nasty to be interesting.

Do you not see how ridiculing someone, especially someone who as you say is "thick", is nasty?

Since when is it clever or interesting to pick on someone who is "thick", you'd think if someone is "thick" that would be the last person you'd pick on, if you are a decent human being. If Mike is such an easy target then why is Julian picking on him.

Last edited by lostalex; 23-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:27 PM #28
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
It's not really about longetivity it's also about impact. Take music Beverly Knight;s been around for ever but Adele is a bigger star. There is simply no place for Clary's brand of comedy. The telling thing was the White Swallow joke. It was camp/ gay icon Julie who thought he was being serious and didn;t get it initially whilst youngster Ashley who knew it was a joke and yet Ashley didn't laugh.

I am no fan of the Situation but he's a big reality star in US. Jersy Shore may not be as big as it was 2 years ago but he still earns more than a lot of Hollywood stars and gets more viewers than mega stars. Heivey Keitel's Life on Mars remake flopped.
But Julian IS well known, yes he may be an aquired taste, but he does have a sizeable following still... It's like everything, someone will soon be the new 'flavour of the month', be it a film star, pop star, TV star or comedian... You may not like his crass, rude & crude humour, but many do...

The Situation may well be big in the US, but he isn't over here & even in the US his "status" can only last so long, so he's better enjoy his 5 minutes of fame, as when it ends he really doesn't have any talent to keep him in the public eye...
Old 23-08-2012, 12:28 PM #29
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon1 View Post
I'm 25 and I new about the situation A few years ago, as did the majority of people I know who are all my age and older. Julian might have been big in the 80s but we aren't in the 80s anymore. He's a nobody now, trying to claw his way back on to the fame ladder but failing miserably.
That's lovely. But no one I know at all had heard of him...

I never said Julian was a huge star, none of them in there are
Old 23-08-2012, 12:28 PM #30

I heared about the Situation when I read a story about how A + F paid him not to wear their clothes. And I read a profile about his JS cast mate Snookie (?) and about an episode where she is arrested on beach as being one of the highest rated shows on US TV.

Last edited by alex_front2; 23-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:29 PM #31
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

I don't think Julian dislikes him. I think he finds him stupid and slow, and so do I. I think Julian's feelings are closer to pity than dislike. And for anyone who thinks Julian's career died in the 80s probably don't realise that he's written three or four successful books. You don't have to be a brainless set of abs to be successful, you know.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:30 PM #32
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
he's unintentionally funny, true, but at least he's not a jerk. he doesn't ridicule people or have to be intentionally nasty to be interesting.

Do you not see how ridiculing someone, especially someone who as you say is "thick", is nasty?

Since when is it clever or interesting to pick on someone who is "thick", you'd think if someone is "thick" that would be the last person you'd pick on, if you are a decent human being.
No, I think it's funny...

And from what I have heard "Jersey Shore" treats him like a joke anyway, so he can't really have a problem with it can he, if that's why he is "famous" in the first place, for being a thick person for everyone to ridicule...
Old 23-08-2012, 12:31 PM #33

So because no one you know had heard of him that constitutes " pretty much everyone over the Age of 20"
Old 23-08-2012, 12:32 PM #34

Tbh. I knew Situation And didnt know Julian before CBB. Comes down to a person's interest and age I guess.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:35 PM #35
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
So because no one you know had heard of him that constitutes " pretty much everyone over the Age of 20"
And because you & everyone you know HAD heard of him, that constitutes everyone over the age of 25 DOES know who he is?? Ok then...
Old 23-08-2012, 12:35 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I don't think Julian dislikes him. I think he finds him stupid and slow, and so do I. I think Julian's feelings are closer to pity than dislike. And for anyone who thinks Julian's career died in the 80s probably don't realise that he's written three or four successful books. You don't have to be a brainless set of abs to be successful, you know.
ohhh 4 successful books? how many successful books has Katie Price written in Britain? like 20? let's put things in perspective. It's not exactly hard to have a succesful book in the UK if Katie Price has done it 20 times.

Last edited by lostalex; 23-08-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:41 PM #37

Quote:
And because you & everyone you know HAD heard of him, that constitutes everyone over the age of 25 DOES know who he is?? Ok then...
Did I say that it did? No. Unlike you who did say that pretty much anyone over 20 hasn't heard of him.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:46 PM #38
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Did I say that it did? No. Unlike you who did say that pretty much anyone over 20 hasn't heard of him.
You sort of did actually... But it is true that it is only Jersey Shore's core audience (which is under 20's, generally speaking) have heard of him, in the UK at least... He certainly isn't "well known" in the UK...
Old 23-08-2012, 12:52 PM #39
User banned

User banned

mike is a top bloke, hes clever enough to roll with the punches and smile his way through it....what difference does it make to him if we think hes clever enough to have worked out hos shallow, vile and judgemental julian is....mike smiles and rises above the situation....hes not stupid whatsoever, in fact hes smart enough to live in his own fantasy world instead of dwelling on the pettiness of other housemates...ignorance is bliss when youre surrounded by horrible people....i recall terry waite saying when he was imprisoned for years he played imaginary chess in his head with his brother, some sing songs to themselves, some have conversations with themselves....its a coping mechanism to deal with unpleasant situations, and the situation is coping very well
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:58 PM #40
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I think julian is ignorant , nasty and premeditates what he wil think and say. hes totally predictable and narrow minded hypocrite. as for him being so intelligent and superior, what has he actually achieved? the list of his work in the past decade includes such luminary tv mocies as brazen hussies and camp Christmas? then he raised the bar for dick whittington
his only ever movie was his chance to emulate his carry on heroes, it was awful and rated 2.5 out of 10 on internet movie database....who the hell is he with such a low quality career , to judge anyone else? in fact far more successful people than him, like martin kemp, who has been through hell and back, show far greater modesty , humility , kindness and open mindedness, than the nasty shallow predictable anti american, julian
Old 23-08-2012, 01:01 PM #41
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

So because Julian think that the thick, untalented Situation is erm, thick & untalented, that makes him anti American??
Old 23-08-2012, 01:02 PM #42
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
ohhh 4 successful books? how many successful books has Katie Price written in Britain? like 20? let's put things in perspective. It's not exactly hard to have a succesful book in the UK if Katie Price has done it 20 times.
Well, I think the difference is the interpretation of the word "written". Julian Clary actually writes his own books, whereas Katie Price has a ghost writer who can actually... you know... write.

I remember Naomi Campbell "writing a book", and when her agent was asked whether she's actually written it herself the answer was "while she didn't write it herself, she is very much the author". What...?

Julan's autobiography is brilliant. You should give it a go... I highly recommend it.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 01:09 PM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
So because Julian think that the thick, untalented Situation is erm, thick & untalented, that makes him anti American??
hes always been anti american, on panel shows, quiz shows, always has a dig calling them stupid etc he insulted mike within 30 seconds of meeting him. he constantly insults both americans who have literally done nothing at all to warrant it. he is just another shallow predictable awful british so called entertainer , who plays to the audience think all brits want to see is yank bashing. it is pitiful, the man is a narrow minded verbal bully and a nasty piece of work. the latest comment I dont like his body , his stomach is like a bag of spanners etc ean spirited nasty , he thinks hes likeable and jovial, hes not , hes shallow mean judgeental narrow minded cold and nasty
Old 23-08-2012, 01:10 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Well, I think the difference is the interpretation of the word "written". Julian Clary actually writes his own books, whereas Katie Price has a ghost writer who can actually... you know... write.

I remember Naomi Campbell "writing a book", and when her agent was asked whether she's actually written it herself the answer was "while she didn't write it herself, she is very much the author". What...?

Julan's autobiography is brilliant. You should give it a go... I highly recommend it.
No thanks. I shall though take up the advice from another poster to read martins autobiography, a far nicer, more talented, more modest all rounded character.
Old 23-08-2012, 01:11 PM #45
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
hes always been anti american, on panel shows, quiz shows, always has a dig calling them stupid etc he insulted mike within 30 seconds of meeting him. he constantly insults both americans who have literally done nothing at all to warrant it. he is just another shallow predictable awful british so called entertainer , who plays to the audience think all brits want to see is yank bashing. it is pitiful, the man is a narrow minded verbal bully and a nasty piece of work. the latest comment I dont like his body , his stomach is like a bag of spanners etc ean spirited nasty , he thinks hes likeable and jovial, hes not , hes shallow mean judgeental narrow minded cold and nasty
He is not anti American FFS

Mike IS thick as sh*t, Julian takes the pi** out of anyone, not just American's, it's just that some American's ARE an easy target...

I take it you are American?
Old 23-08-2012, 01:14 PM #46

Everyone seems to have ignored my point about picking on "thick" people.

If Julian is so clever and humorous, why is he picking on the "thick" person, especially when that "thick" person has not done anything nasty or offensive to Julian. So why is he picking on Mike? it's the easy target right?

You'd think someone of Julian's caliber could find a way to be funny without picking off the weakest. That's just lazy and mean to pick on someone that's "thick" right?

Last edited by lostalex; 23-08-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 23-08-2012, 01:15 PM #47
User banned

User banned

Quote:
He is not anti American FFS

Mike IS thick as sh*t, Julian takes the pi** out of anyone, not just American's, it's just that some American's ARE an easy target...

I take it you are American?
i agree julians anti american is soooo boring zzzzzzz
its so old hat so worn out so 1980s its time julian updated his act and his material big time. but while he continues his mindless yank bashing as he did previously to the show and fro the first few seconds. I will continue to point out how pathetic it is

what does it matter if Im british , australia or american, I dont like to see one nationality picked out and mocked just as an easy way to get a cheap laugh and to get the audience and housemates on side. its bullying its discriinatory and its plain nasty. julian is pathetically bitter and narrow minded

if I saw a gang of americans bully an englishan in new york Id pipe up
if I saw a group of english thugs picking on an asian, Id pipe up
I back the underdog
Old 23-08-2012, 01:20 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
i agree julians anti american is soooo boring zzzzzzz
its so old hat so worn out so 1980s its time julian updated his act and his material big time. but while he continues his mindless yank bashing as he did previously to the show and fro the first few seconds. I will continue to point out how pathetic it is

what does it matter if Im british , australia or american, I dont like to see one nationality picked out and mocked just as an easy way to get a cheap laugh and to get the audience and housemates on side. its bullying its discriinatory and its plain nasty. julian is pathetically bitter and narrow minded

if I saw a gang of americans bully an englishan in new york Id pipe up
if I saw a group of english thugs picking on an asian, Id pipe up
I back the underdog
I think most people feel the same as you do. Julian is going for the easy prey, which means he's not as clever as he thinks he is.

Talented people don't have to shoot so low.

Last edited by lostalex; 23-08-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 23-08-2012, 01:23 PM #49
User banned

User banned

Quote:
everyone seems to have ignored my point about picking on "thick" people. if Julian is so clever and humorous, why is he picking on the "thick" person, it's the easy target right? you'd think someone of Julian's caliber could find a way to be funny without picking off the weakest.
great point. and can you point out to flaming gallah, Im not pro american or anti american. I take each topic on a case by case basis. i had a pop at the US over their insane gun laws, also their often ridiculous foreign policy. on the other hand, the american friends i have and thepeople ive met have 99% of the time been warm friendly genuine people. in fact far friendlier than people in england. though Ive since moved to wales and I have to say theyre the friendliest people Ive ever met.

i dont like the way th eyanks are always picked out and picked on in these english reality shows, it happened to dirk benedict who was bullied ercilessly about his cancer , his impotence through cancer and his alcoholism, it happened to mike madsen when denise welsh attacked constantly last year, she slapped him a few ties, wasnt warned and the brits voted her the winner, disgusting person....vanilla ice had the same treatment on the farm, the list is long. so yank has ever won a mainstream reality tv show in the UK (possibly 1 celebrity masterchef but that was only because it wasnt a popularity contest it was a skills contest) all uk comedies mock the americans as thick stupid idiotic brainless warmongers....I especially dislike it when the generalization is used to bully ostracize individuals who dont deserve it, now its mike and the princes turn....did you hear julie goodyears reasons for voting the prince? what a joke. she may as well have just said, because hes american and he cant help whats left of my career

all some of these z list brits vote for is to stay in with z list british celebrities in order to further their careers, they really are that shallow. hopefully martin kemp can continue to rise above it and vote on merit not nationality
Old 23-08-2012, 01:24 PM #50

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

this thread has completely gone off topic

its not even about oh julian is the evil one and mike is the good.

Continually liking -Adam-Luke A-Luke S-

Continually embarrassing themselves -Caroline-Becky-Scott-Ashleigh

Shame they are gone -Chris-Benidict-Lydia-Victoria-Shivonne-Lauren

Glad they are gone -Arron

wtf? -Conor
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
dislikes, julian, realise, the situation