Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 29-01-2013, 12:14 AM #26
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The difference is, everyone would be winning money..
I don't know why you think that's better.. And besides at the end of the Deana's series the ugly guy in the sweaty box was reading out comments about what viewers want from next year and he said that a lot of people didn't like splitting the prize fund, so it's not gonna happen considering it happened in C5s first two series' and the audience hated it, and they'd lose all their calling in money anyway because theres nothing for them to win that they don't already have...
Old 29-01-2013, 12:29 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Why dont they just put them all in the octagon and let them beat the hell out of eachother, that might go a long way to feeding the ****e morals of bb fans. If we want to watch crap and violence, there are other progs available. BB is about fun and at times deception. These twats are turning it into fight night. I will give this years series a miss then I wont need to listen to degenerate comments from the likes of whoever has a dig at this post.
Well,...I for one , like the idea!...And find the protestations of a big "Paddy Doherty Fan" rather hypocritical, when the professional "Bare Knuckle Fighter" was just seconds away from beating a male-model to a pulp for daring to disagree with him on the show!

goodbye Sampvt......see you next year!

Cheers.

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 12:52 AM #28
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I think it could backfire if certain contestants don't care about money. If I went on the show for instance money would not be an incentive at all.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 06:52 AM #29
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrother3232 View Post
I don't know why you think that's better.. And besides at the end of the Deana's series the ugly guy in the sweaty box was reading out comments about what viewers want from next year and he said that a lot of people didn't like splitting the prize fund, so it's not gonna happen considering it happened in C5s first two series' and the audience hated it, and they'd lose all their calling in money anyway because theres nothing for them to win that they don't already have...
i thought it was stupid and not just cause it was Conor. it didnt help though lol.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 08:06 AM #30
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

It definitely has potential.

Someone raised the point that they'd like a prize fund too for the winner - I think the ideal solution to that problem could be to copy the US system, and allow a People's Champion voting situation where one housemate is given money... obviously this could just be kept the same with the vote to win LOL, but say one housemate has some sob story about needing money for an operation or whatever, but hasn't been a very good housemate, the public might choose to give them money and vote for someone else to win. Idk. Gives the public more choice.

The one thing raised in this topic I'd object to is a final-night "share or steal" twist... it'd just be horrible, and have no tension whatsoever. So many other shows have done that, and I don't enjoy it at all, it's just really base and primitive and an ugly situation, and not something I want to see.

I do however love the idea of tasks boosting the prize funds / bank balances.

There's also a small question, and I think it may be a foolish one so forgive me, in the legality of it all. If they're being paid for tasks and have their own "balances" I think there could be some legal problem; housemates evicted early or deducted money could argue that they were effectively employees if they were on television and being paid to do tasks. Obviously all sorts of ugliness could arise from that... but I imagine it would be easy enough to work in a "the money isn't yours until you leave" clause or something.

Would people who walk forfeit theirs? What if it was for extenuating circumstances (a relative is ill/has died, they've been ejected for rulebreaks, etc.)?

I just worry that the idea has been presented with rose-tinted glasses because it does offer up a lot of competition and entertainment... it's worth a try, though. Beats another "oh here's a room next door are you a housemate or not idk here's natalie cassidy" series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
account, bank, bb14, twist