Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 18-06-2013, 11:59 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
X Factor 2014: Lauren Platt
Default Jade's mum blasts bb race row

Quote:
BIG Brother legend Jade Goody would be horrified by the race storm exploding in this year’s TV house, her mum said yesterday.

Jackiey Budden, 55, said her daughter would be turning in her grave at the shock developments on the show.

On Monday night socialite Gina Rio branded cougar housemate Jemima Slade, 41, a “racist bitch” for revealing she would not date a black guy.

But yesterday Jackiey accused Gina, 24, of getting it “all wrong”.

And she warned the clash could destroy Jemima’s life the way rowing with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, 38, ruined Jade’s.

Jackiey said: “What happened in the Big Brother house with Shilpa caused Jade a lot of trouble with the public.

“Big Brother bosses need to be very careful how they play it with Jemima, or it could happen again.

“The poor woman had to go to the diary room and get a strike.

“I wasn’t very happy for her – she shouldn’t have had a warning.”

Jade, who died of cancer in 2009 aged 27, sparked a worldwide storm after she called the actress “Shilpa Poppadom” in Celebrity Big Brother 2007.

Jemima angered Gina on Monday when she said: “I wouldn’t generally go for a black guy.

“I like darker guys, but not black guys. I wouldn’t go for Chinese guys. I wouldn’t generally.

“That’s not my taste. I like mixed race.”

And she further enraged Gina by telling her: “You probably wouldn’t date a white guy.”

But she snapped back, screaming at Jemima: “I’d be ashamed if I knew you.”

Yesterday Jackiey backed dating site owner Jemima, saying: “I think Gina was taking it all wrong.

“She’s blowing it out of all proportion. Jemima hasn’t said or done anything wrong.

“If I was her I would have just said: ‘No I am not racist, I am not prejudiced, I just tend not to go for black guys.’

“I don’t think there was anything racist in what Jemima said whatsoever. She wasn’t abusive, she didn’t swear.

“If Jade was here I think she’d be against Gina, telling her she’d taken it out of context.”

Jackiey said watching the spat made her “livid” and she accused Gina of using sneaky tactics.

She fumed: “I think Gina is playing a big game. She’s causing this disruption so she won’t get evicted.

“She is the one who made it a problem, she is making it as big as she can. She does nothing in the house except put on make-up.”

Big Brother fans also reacted with fury following the clash between Gina and Jemima.

Many agreed with Jackiey that Gina had “played the race card” and Jemima had done nothing wrong.

Viewers hit the web to register their disgust that she had been given a formal warning. Reece Reid tweeted: “Are people not allowed to have preferences without being branded a racist?”

SkyBlueTuffy added: “The race row is ludicrous. Racist because black guys aren’t to her taste? Really?”

JazzSmithx blasted: “I can’t believe they are turning it into a racist comment.”

And JoeGibbons93 said: “Wasn’t even remotely racist. Pathetic from Gina.”

Gina, who once lived in London’s Savoy Hotel and receives a £10,000-a-month allowance, is now 4-11 favourite to be the first housemate
evicted on Friday.

Catch the next episode of Big Brother on Channel 5 tonight at 10pm.
Old 19-06-2013, 12:03 AM #2
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

And now hopefully people can see why Jemima was in tears and upset over this whole thing. She probably thinks the public have now also branded her racist.

Stupid Gina for being such a careless **** with the race card.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 19-06-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:07 AM #3
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Jade and her gang were actually quite racist to Shilpa though, Jackie getting involved like this doesn't really help things

Last edited by MTVN; 19-06-2013 at 12:07 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:10 AM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Jade and her gang were actually quite racist to Shilpa though, Jackie getting involved like this doesn't really help things
I agree, all she has done by bringing this up again is highlight even worse times for BB in my view.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:11 AM #5

"Vile mother of vile racist angered at continued stance against racism" - Shocking! That article has wasted two minutes of my life.
I feel for Jade in the context of her illness and her efforts in raising awareness prior to her passing, but her comments and behaviour with Shilpa are not suddenly vindicated, nor should Jemima's, whether malicious or not. "Shilpa Poppadom" echoes a plethora of racist jibes experienced by many in their lifetimes, and until people stop being so defensive and listen to those that are offended, no progress can/will be made.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:12 AM #6
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Yup..Jade and co were racist (ESPECIALLY jack, who got off with nothing really)

Jemima wasnt

To mention the two incidents together is making Jemima look much worse than she was. Even if Jackies intentions are good (also debatable..IMO she just wants to keep her name in the papers)
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:13 AM #7

She was just thick with her date white guy comment but nothing really racist. Typical DS to blow it out of proportion though. A thread with a thousand replies, pathetic country we live in now.
Sun Tzu. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:14 AM #8
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

I've always thought that CBB5 was more class bullying than it was racist. I'm sure there was some documentary on it once and I remember they said the police had checked all the tapes and found no instances of racism, which did seem odd to me but it was definitely more of a class issue IMO.

The real issue was why the bullying wasn't dealt with earlier.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:16 AM #9
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I've always thought that CBB5 was more class bullying than it was racist. I'm sure there was some documentary on it once and I remember they said the police had checked all the tapes and found no instances of racism, which did seem odd to me but it was definitely more of a class issue IMO.

The real issue was why the bullying wasn't dealt with earlier.
Jack actually called Shilpa a p**i. There was definitely racism involved. Though I do think it was more a clash of cultures in Jades case, but she said some pretty racist things..maybe out of ignorance more than anything else, but she was racist.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:16 AM #10

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

She's right though, Jemima could be wrongly accused when she leaves the house
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:21 AM #11
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Jack actually called Shilpa a p**i. There was definitely racism involved. Though I do think it was more a clash of cultures in Jades case, but she said some pretty racist things..maybe out of ignorance more than anything else, but she was racist.
Did he? I always remember him being the worst of the lot so that doesn't surprise me. See I also remember (I think it was Danielle) saying something like 'she should **** off back to her own country' or something along those lines and that's not racist...more...xenophobic really. The 'Shilpa Poppadom' comment was probably an ignorant cultural based remark too. I do think a lot of it in Jade's case was ignorance and I've never thought she was a racist and the media spin and exaggeration that year was appalling and is actually what led to the show's demise, but she was definitely a bully and it was really uncomfortable viewing. I think a lot of it with Jade was that she didn't mean to bully Shilpa or make xenophobic/racist comments, i.e. that wasn't really her, she just kind of fell into a trap and didn't realise that what she was doing was bullying and the pack mentality she had with the three girls and Jack made it a lot worse. Whereas Jack always seemed like he got some kind of pleasure out of it which was really quite vile to be honest.

Last edited by Jack_; 19-06-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 12:26 AM #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah, Jade's gang were moronic - they grabbed for whatever abuse made Shilpa squirm and Goody happy - but Jack was the worst of the lot .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2013, 01:21 AM #13

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Jade's mum should keep her mouth shut. The last thing she should do is rake up any old **** about what Jade said or did in BB. She's setting herself up for more online abuse of her daughter - and there WILL be plenty who will delight in that, unfortunately.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, blasts, jade, mum, race, row