Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:43 PM #101
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
CBB 13: Lionel Blair
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
oh please, she'd been walking around in the same stupid spandex for a year before this new album. It's the media fetish for child stars that makes it controversial. Sinead should be harassing the press and journalists, not harassing Miley.

Miley can do her thing, and as far as i can tell she's having a good time at it.
You're contradicting yourself. One minute you say she is in charge of her image the next you say she is playing up to a 'media fetish'.

She is pandering to what the media want. Doing what it takes to get her mug on front pages. It will make her and her representatives millions. What Sinead has said is dead on right. She is being chewed up by the media machine, and whether it is in 2, 5 or 10 years she will be spat out and sent to the nearest rehab centre to make way for the next.

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:46 PM #102
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
It's really annoying how these suppossed feminist icons paint these new girls like miley, katey perry, rihanna, as VICTIMS. they are in charge of their image.
It's really pathetic these old women thinking the world is still like the 70's.

Sinead and Annie need to **** and stop using young girls to get their names back in the press.

They are the ones coming across as media *****s, not Miley.

Whatever meds Sinead is on, they arn't strong enuf.
I could understand people saying Sinead O'Connor just wants attention because she was always one for pulling stunts when she was at the height of her fame; but Annie Lennox is a highly successful artist whose music is still in rotation today and she has absolutely no need to "get back in the news" other than because she means what she says. Miley Cyrus et al are willing victims of an aggressive PR machine that sets out to shock people in new ways, or recycle old ways to shock people, because that's how you get attention. There is no value or merit placed in the actual music, it's almost an afterthought. I don't even believe this is what Miley Cyrus really wants for her career; she's using this as a stepping stone - be controversial now and be an artist later on. She's a willing victim, she's exploiting herself so she can be popular and famous. They might be in charge of their image but they're definitely not in charge of their own minds - I don't think Miley Cyrus really wants people to think of her as a laughing stock; she wants people to know her name so she's achieving it in the most degrading, controversial way she can...

Sinead O'Connor's points are spot on about people who build their careers on their image and then don't know what to do with themselves when their looks fade. Look at how much Christina Aguilera has floundered since she piled on a heap of weight. Look at the laughing stock Madonna has turned herself into ever since that infamous pink leotard. Looks fade, but that addiction to attention doesn't, and that's what will happen to Miley Cyrus if she continues to be a shock jock. Look at Britney Spears, look at Lindsay Lohan, look at Amanda Bynes, look at all these other child stars who haven't been able to handle the real world once it's gone to their heads and they can't handle the crash back down to earth when they're no longer a hot commodity... we've seen it countless times since Hollywood came into existence and we'll see it countless more times in the future... Miley Cyrus would be wise to not respond to these open letters or to respond to them privately or publicly in a mature manner... because being rude about people who have nothing but genuine concern for you is really bratty and shows that Miley isn't a mature woman in control of her actions, but still a girl who isn't in control of her emotions and has no real awareness or understanding of what she's really doing to herself in the long run.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:48 AM #103
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):
Something inoffensive

Favourites (more):

Madam is hosting SNL tonight. Its been pushed back and starts in ten minutes I believe. It is going to get messy. Streams available through your local pirates.

Add me on Goodreads here
Verbal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 AM #104
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

[QUOTE=Zee;6412732]I could understand people saying Sinead O'Connor just wants attention because she was always one for pulling stunts when she was at the height of her fame; but Annie Lennox is a highly successful artist whose music is still in rotation today and she has absolutely no need to "get back in the news" other than because she means what she says. Miley Cyrus et al are willing victims of an aggressive PR machine that sets out to shock people in new ways, or recycle old ways to shock people, because that's how you get attention. There is no value or merit placed in the actual music, it's almost an afterthought. I don't even believe this is what Miley Cyrus really wants for her career; she's using this as a stepping stone - be controversial now and be an artist later on. She's a willing victim, she's exploiting herself so she can be popular and famous. They might be in charge of their image but they're definitely not in charge of their own minds - I don't think Miley Cyrus really wants people to think of her as a laughing stock; she wants people to know her name so she's achieving it in the most degrading, controversial way she can...

Sinead O'Connor's points are spot on about people who build their careers on their image and then don't know what to do with themselves when their looks fade. Look at how much Christina Aguilera has floundered since she piled on a heap of weight. Look at the laughing stock Madonna has turned herself into ever since that infamous pink leotard. Looks fade, but that addiction to attention doesn't, and that's what will happen to Miley Cyrus if she continues to be a shock jock. Look at Britney Spears, look at Lindsay Lohan, look at Amanda Bynes, look at all these other child stars who haven't been able to handle the real world once it's gone to their heads and they can't handle the crash back down to earth when they're no longer a hot commodity... we've seen it countless times since Hollywood came into existence and we'll see it countless more times in the future... Miley Cyrus would be wise to not respond to these open letters or to respond to them privately or publicly in a mature manner... because being rude about people who have nothing but genuine concern for you is really bratty and shows that Miley isn't a mature woman in control of her actions, but still a girl who isn't in control of her emotions and has no real awareness or understanding of what she's really doing to herself in the long run.[/QUOT

Very well put Zee.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:37 AM #105
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Looks like Jason Manford is getting in on the action as well

AN OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS

Dear Miley, you don't know me but if you wanna dance all slutty like, just do it. But don't be nasty to people like Sinead O'Connor, she was only trying to help. Also how's your dad? Hope he's alright. Anyway, I'm rambling, but if you're ever in the UK come see me on tour (dates are here http://www.jasonmanford.com/tour2013/).

All the best,

Jason

P.S I don't know who does your clothes, but there's an up an coming indie fashion label over here called George, I can hook you up.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason...ocation=stream

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 07-10-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:12 PM #106

Sinead O'Connor may have written more letters to Miley Cyrus than we have in years but she isn't stopping at three.

The 46-year-old Nothing Compares 2 U singer has penned a fourth letter to Miley Cyrus after the star appeared on Matt Lauer and called Sinead "crazy" again.

Now, unless Miley likes receiving long winded letters from Sinead we are guessing she may be spinning this out a bit for some attention.

When asked about Sinead, Miley said on air: "I think she's an incredible artist. I don't know how anyone can start a fight with someone who's like, 'hey, I really respect you and I really like you - you know what, you suck!' That was kinda crazy!

"But you can write as many open letters as you want, it's nothing new for me."

Well, we all know that Sinead needs no encouragement.

For her latest offering Sinead again asks for an apology from Miley to herself, Amanda and all those suffering from mental health issues.

Mum Sinead writes: "I hope that clarifies the confusion you expressed on Matt’s show, where you conveniently forgot how it got from someone sending you what was intended as a caring message to that same someone being extremely upset with you.. And then went on to repeat the very action which caused that upset."

On Friday Sinead told host Ryan Tubridy: "I don’t pitch myself as a role model. I was upset on behalf of Amanda Bynes. I thought it was a nasty thing to do to Amanda Bynes because she had nothing to do with the conversation.

"And also the poor girl is in hospital at the moment receiving treatment."

Although 3am have been told by a very reliable source Sinead wasn't too sure who Amanda was when she saw Miley's venomous tweet and had to Google her.

Later on in the conversation Sinead added Miley didn't mean to insult Amanda, who is under psychiatric hold after she setting fire to a driveway in Thousand Oaks, California in July and dousing her dog with petrol.

But although everyone was listening to what Sinead was saying, we couldn't help but look at her new B and Q (not like the shop where your dad buys nails) cheek tattoos.

They are believed to be a painful nod to Brendan Quinlan, a man she alludes to on her website

Sinead went on: "It’s about music being murdered, it’s not actually about Miley.

"As far as I’m concerned it’s over, it’s not something I really want to talk about."

Mirror Mirror Mon Amour
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:11 AM #107
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

oh goddd, just drop it sinead
Old 11-10-2013, 10:35 AM #108

it would have been hilarious if Miley had ripped up a picture of Sinead on her SNL appearance last weekend (as a nod to Sinead ripping up a picture of the pope on SNL 30 years ago). but Miley is more mature than Sinead obviously. she doesn't need to resort to such childish stunts.

Actually Miley's SNL performance was beautiful.

Last edited by lostalex; 11-10-2013 at 10:40 AM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:08 PM #109
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Miley should just change her name to cupid stunt for me, she's lurching from one bad decision to another shedding respect and credibility as she goes.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Miley should just change her name to cupid stunt for me, she's lurching from one bad decision to another shedding respect and credibility as she goes.
yea, bad decisions, that's why she's on SNL and the top of the charts, and Sinead is a lonely old bag who's in and out of the nut house. Sinead is the LAST person who should be lecturing anyone on how to be healthy in show business, because she's obviously made a mess of her own career, who the hell is she to tell anyone about how to be sucessful or happy?. She was a one hit wonder.

Everything since "nothing compares 2 u" (which was a Prince cover i might add, she didn't even write it) she's only kept her name in the press in the tabloids, not from her music. Miley Cyrus has had more hits in the last 10 years at the age of 20 than Sinead O'conner has in her whole lifetime.

Last edited by lostalex; 11-10-2013 at 12:17 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:03 PM #111
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Whatever your opinion of Sinead is that's not the issue.
There was no need for the initial response from Miley, it was childish and rude.
I woul personally never ill will anyone, but you know whut? I can see it coming....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
connor, cyrus, letter, miley, open, sinead