Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB8 Big Brother 8 was won by Brian Belo. Post about 2007's series here.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:20 PM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
Looking back at all the racism/bullying issues that happened do you think that lessons will of been learnt for this time? Do you think housemates will think twice before speaking about someone of another race or colour? How do you think the previous issues will change this big brother and others ahead? If there is a housemate who is of another race and housemates talk behind there backs....do you think big brother should/would step in or leave them to it?

I don’t think it will effect how the new hm speak to each other ! But they should take note ! That whole fiasco in January was blown out of proportion because it was celeb bb ! If an ordinary member of the public has those view they just get called idiots and they get boo’d on there eviction night (if you remember back to bb5 Marco was saying stuff about asylum seekers how they sponge off society )did any thing happen to him ?? ! But if a celeb has those view it’s a totally different matter because apparently young people look up to them !

It would be wise for bb not to put someone in the house with those views in the first place !
_B_B_Addict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:48 PM #27

I think that I learnt after seeing the new eye that BB can be ****ing ****!!!! But I'll still watch till death do us part! ****ing Never Hopefully!
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:52 PM #28

I dont think they will have learnt, they never do. C'mon this is Big Brother were talking about. They completely get criticised for puttting Nikki back in the house, so what do they do? Put Jade back in the following series. They wont learn because they are foolish, its sad to say though
Sam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BBMadFan2007
I think that I learnt after seeing the new eye that BB can be ****ing ****!!!! But I'll still watch till death do us part! ****ing Never Hopefully!

Big Brother 8 will be so exciting BBMadFan2007, you will be forgetting about the EYE real quick, trust me!!

After the nightmare of CBB Jan. The creators of the BB show, Endemol, will need to make something special.

there will be some controversy and some housemates which we will really be debating about.

Stick with Channel 4 and stick with Big Brother 8

nodisharmony
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:20 PM #30

Yeah I totally agree with the person who said it was even more out of preportion because it was CELEBRITY Big Brother, as CBB4 was quite controversial aswell with Pete Burns and his gorilla coat. I have always been to the opinion that Jade and Co weren't as racist as people make out, if someone has an argument with a person of colour, they immediately get labelled - racist. Therefore if we can get through this BB with minimal discussion about racism, I think that BB will be fine in the long run. The press will be hungry to latch onto anything that is remotely regarded as being racist, therefore I just pray that there are no 'incidents' whatsoever; as that would put the final nail into the BB coffing.
ryanaldinho10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM #31
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ryanaldinho10
Yeah I totally agree with the person who said it was even more out of preportion because it was CELEBRITY Big Brother, as CBB4 was quite controversial aswell with Pete Burns and his gorilla coat. I have always been to the opinion that Jade and Co weren't as racist as people make out, if someone has an argument with a person of colour, they immediately get labelled - racist. Therefore if we can get through this BB with minimal discussion about racism, I think that BB will be fine in the long run. The press will be hungry to latch onto anything that is remotely regarded as being racist, therefore I just pray that there are no 'incidents' whatsoever; as that would put the final nail into the BB coffing.

That's very true ryanaldinho10

Jade Goody and Jo & Danielle were just labelled Racist, by the media, the TV, the Newspapers, so we just assumed that they were racist. Anyway, the investigation has been closed on that one and maybe they can get back to their lives, without having that horrible word hanging over them.

The media will be looking for anything that may be considered as racial and any slightest thing that happens between a white person against an ethnic person will be scrutinized and the poor white man or woman is going to suffer.

It is just two or maybe more people just not clicking

nothing more. Just because they are of a different race or colour, it doesn't mean that there is racism.

We have all this to worry about!

I hope someone remembers this thread, when the time comes.

nodisharmony
nodisharmony is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
learnt, lessons