Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 11-08-2014, 11:46 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kistar View Post
I don't know if 3 dimensions works when you are talking about someone's character , maybe multi dimensional ?there are no doubt many aspects to her the one that stands out to all of us though is her aggression and that is a choice she has made to portray herself that way .
Yes, but you're talking as though aggression is the only thing about her. It clearly isn't.

You can get pedantic over the wording, but the fact remains the same.

They obviously know her better than we do having lived with her for 10 weeks.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:52 PM #27
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Because her aggression and negative aspects were the ones relevant to the discussion/task. That's what they were talking about.

If she had no positives they wouldn't be her friends, not to mention trying to make out Helen is 100% aggressive is false.
She is a mother so ultimately and obviously must have a heart and be able to nurture and love her son , the characteristic she chooses to show the world and the one that shines through is aggression , wow how well thought out of her. What a profound way of conducting yourself , what a superb centred place to operate from.What a shining star she truly is not.
kistar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:55 PM #28

Quote:
She is a mother so ultimately and obviously must have a heart and be able to nurture and love her son , the characteristic she chooses to show the world and the one that shines through is aggression , wow how well thought out of her. What a profound way of conducting yourself , what a superb centred place to operate from.What a shining star she truly is not.
We're going off on a tangent from the original point now so I'll end our conversation here.

All I'll say is Big Brother has chosen to show us mostly her aggressive side. Youtube videos and other moments have shown her calmer/fun sides. Just as there were sides to the "boring" housemates we never got a look at.

The housemates can show the full spectrum of themselves in the house, BB decides what we see, not the housemates. Not to mention BB is such an unnatural environment that it brings things out in people they wouldn't have in the real world. Everything is exaggerated.

Last edited by Marsh.; 11-08-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 PM #29
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes, but you're talking as though aggression is the only thing about her. It clearly isn't.

You can get pedantic over the wording, but the fact remains the same.

They obviously know her better than we do having lived with her for 10 weeks.
As adults in social groups we learn to adapt and get on , that's how we survive ,so obviously she has friends human beings are social animals.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:57 PM #30
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We're going off on a tangent from the original point now so I'll end our conversation here.

All I'll say is Big Brother has chosen to show us mostly her aggressive side. Youtube videos and other moments have shown her calmer/fun sides. Just as there were sides to the "boring" housemates we never got a look at.

The housemates can show the full spectrum of themselves in the house, BB decides what we see, not the housemates. Not to mention BB is such an unnatural environment that it brings things out in people they wouldn't have in the real world. Everything is exaggerated.
Okay Thankyou for your input Marsh.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:58 PM #31
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
That's your opinion, its not shared by me or many others that are warming to Helen. Everyone can keep spouting all the same old stuff over and over which is rather tired now if they wish, but I've stopped reading most of it, I know where my votes are going
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:01 AM #32
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
That's your opinion, its not shared by me or many others that are warming to Helen. Everyone can keep spouting all the same old stuff over and over which is rather tired now if they wish, but I've stopped reading most of it, I know where my votes are going
That's fine I hope your votes are fruitful.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:09 AM #33

Quote:
Okay Thankyou for your input Marsh.
Thank you for yours too. And I genuinely mean that, hope yours isn't sarcastic.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:11 AM #34

Quote:
As adults in social groups we learn to adapt and get on , that's how we survive ,so obviously she has friends human beings are social animals.
Not sure what relevance this is to the discussion. We're not discussing the psyche behind human interaction. We're talking about 3 people in BB in particular. It's not particularly highly intellectual, they simply have a friend but aren't blind to the major issue she has plaguing her.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:12 AM #35
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thank you for yours too. And I genuinely mean that, hope yours isn't sarcastic.
No sarcasm promisex
Old 12-08-2014, 12:19 AM #36
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not sure what relevance this is to the discussion. We're not discussing the psyche behind human interaction. We're talking about 3 people in BB in particular. It's not particularly highly intellectual, they simply have a friend but aren't blind to the major issue she has plaguing her.
You are saying she has friends therefore at some level she must be likeable , proving she has a positive lovely side to her , I am saying she can get by in a group by creating friendships etc etc however I am sticking to my point annoyingly enough , the aspect of her that shines through is aggression that's a conscious choice and in my opinion not in any way shape or form a choice that does her any favours , it's outdated , was no doubt useful at school but as an adult sentient being she can and should make better choices.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:33 AM #37

Quote:
You are saying she has friends therefore at some level she must be likeable , proving she has a positive lovely side to her , I am saying she can get by in a group by creating friendships etc etc however I am sticking to my point annoyingly enough , the aspect of her that shines through is aggression that's a conscious choice and in my opinion not in any way shape or form a choice that does her any favours , it's outdated , was no doubt useful at school but as an adult sentient being she can and should make better choices.
How does that shine through?

As I said, certain parts of the housemates will be exaggerated in the house more than they would ever be in real life.

We're seeing more of her aggression because BB finds that more highlights worthy and because they're trapped in an artificial environment.

We can't really say that she chooses aggression all the time due to a severe lack of live feed. We've seen a very small percentage of their overall experience.

What is apparent is she has a problem controlling her temper and articulating something when she's pissed off.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:52 AM #38
-

-

They're her friends for different reasons tbh. Pav, I think, just wanted to be with the "kool kidz" (though I hate the term) because he was isolated and they were at the time the safer option.

Ash genuinely likes Helen, the reason being that he CAN overlook her aggression, because when it comes down to it she wouldn't be able to take him on and she knows it. Helen isn't a clever girl... All of the housemates she's clashed with have been smarter than her... But the flaw is that none of them have been able to keep their cool. Ash is smarter than her and most importantly constantly calm. In a fairly early week they DID almost clash, but he shrugged it off so easily that she was caught off guard. They haven't clashed since. That's what's allowed their friendship to blossom... He accepts her aggression because he's not intimidated by it, and she never turns on him because she knows he won't rise to it.

That sort of sounds like I'm saying they don't like each other or that that's all there is to the friendship... But what I mean is, that side of her with ash was nipped in the bud early on and so he got to see her more positive traits, whilst still being able to appreciate that she is aggressive to other housemates.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 12-08-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aggressivethe, ash, helen, hurts, pavandeep, truth