Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB14 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB14) was shown in August and September 2014, and was won by Gary Busey. Discuss the series and housemates here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie q View Post
Me to, the lack of tolerance is unbearable, lesser men would have buckled under it. Gary must be very mentally strong. The only other housemate who deserves to win besides him is Audley.
My sentiments exactly - there is no one else in that house worthy of coming 3rd. a load of 2 faced **** *****.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 PM #27
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzled View Post
Gary knows full well that these hyenas are not representative of Britain. He thanked the GBP for voting for him.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 PM #28

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT30 View Post
Will watch it sometime ,when I want a good laugh

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
I feel quite ashamed to be British if Gary thinks they are a representation of the British public, they are all behaving quite badly with the exception of Audley.
That's exactly how I feel.... I can't tell you how much I want. Gary to win to know that the British public deplore the behaviour of those small minded people in there and renew his faith in the attitude of real people that represent this country.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
My sentiments exactly - there is no one else in that house worthy of coming 3rd. a load of 2 faced **** *****.
I agree... Gary first followed by Audley in 2nd place....the rest can rot.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:12 AM #31
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

I did enjoy his comment about Audley still getting knocked out when he's punching at a mirror

Yeah James is a dick but he's an entertaining dick. Considering who else was up, damn right he should have been saved.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 AM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videostar View Post
To be moaning about a task is totally sad.

And to mention that he's a good person because he's done charity is just pathetic....anyone who tells people that they have done given their time and money to charity is clearly an A-hole.

And to top it off he makes up things Gary was meant to have said about Stephanie's eviction.
Didn't Gary vote both times for Stephanie?
NT30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 AM #33

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

Quote:
Didn't Gary vote both times for Stephanie?
I don't see how that is relevant, Stephanie voted for him every time. The game is that they nominate someone every time. He can still say that the house seems different without her. It probably feels less oppressive without her judging him all the time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:18 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I don't see how that is relevant, Stephanie voted for him every time. The game is that they nominate someone every time. He can still say that the house seems different without her. It probably feels less oppressive without her judging him all the time.
It's relevant because he is a player and an actor that is hiding behind the pretence of spirituality and a self righteous belief that he is somehow a better person then anyone around him. It is a game, a game of votes and he is faking his contempt for others and inability to accept them as equals to sound the tolerance horn! As with James he has been entertaining and after all they were all employed to offer just that ! However, giving him kudos for being misunderstood is just silly
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 AM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It's relevant because he is a player and an actor that is hiding behind the pretence of spirituality and a self righteous belief that he is somehow a better person then anyone around him. It is a game, a game of votes and he is faking his contempt for others and inability to accept them as equals to sound the tolerance horn! As with James he has been entertaining and after all they were all employed to offer just that ! However, giving him kudos for being misunderstood is just silly
What a lot of rubbish you are spouting. Whether he is playing a game or not is irrelevant to how poorly he has been treated as a human being in that house.

Also it is starting to feel some people who can't force their opinions on others are not only making many ridiculous clutch at straws Gary threads, they also seem to be making new accounts to agree with themselves. Clearly nothing better to do with their time.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
What a lot of rubbish you are spouting. Whether he is playing a game or not is irrelevant to how poorly he has been treated as a human being in that house.

Also it is starting to feel some people who can't force their opinions on others are not only making many ridiculous clutch at straws Gary threads, they also seem to be making new accounts to agree with themselves. Clearly nothing better to do with their time.
Calm down, it's a forum to comment and everyone is allowed their opinion.
In my opinion James has received equal amounts of cruel comments and behaviours. Gary is not a victim he is a grown man with some nasty habits and a big mouth! He wasn't selected by BB to portray an OAP with hearing difficulties and hygiene problems.....lol
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM #37

Quote:

What rubbish! It isn't unusual for older people to become more interested in spirituality, it is just a natural curiosity as they get older and face the unknown entity of death and the after-life. When you have reached that age, come back and speak with a bit of knowledge about the subject.

At no time has Gary ever acted as if he considers himself better than others, unlike that jerk James.

As for finding James entertaining - each to their own - personallly bitching and bullying is not my idea of entertainment. Good luck to you if it is yours.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 AM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
In my opinion James has received equal amounts of cruel comments and behaviours. Gary is not a victim he is a grown man with some nasty habits and a big mouth! He wasn't selected by BB to portray an OAP with hearing difficulties and hygiene problems.....lol
Perfectly calm thanks.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassysocks View Post
What rubbish! It isn't unusual for older people to become more interested in spirituality, it is just a natural curiosity as they get older and face the unknown entity of death and the after-life. When you have reached that age, come back and speak with a bit of knowledge about the subject.

At no time has Gary ever acted as if he considers himself better than others, unlike that jerk James.

As for finding James entertaining - each to their own - personallly bitching and bullying is not my idea of entertainment. Good luck to you if it is yours.
I am 75
Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 AM #40

Quote:
I am 75
Also not sure why you are watching BB if you don't like the content of the show! It's not Miss World
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 AM #41

Quote:
He is an elderly man with hearing problems and brain damage. A well known head injury charity stated that symptoms of head injuries and brain damage include "unpredictable, impulsive or erratic behaviour, especially in a stressful of unfamiliar environment" which could explain much of his behaviour.

Gary is the most entertaining hm in there as well as one of the most popular - I seriously doubt BB have any regrets about putting him in there. He knocks spots off the brain-dead Rickiy and Lauren. You sound incredibly ageist.

As for nasty habits - James takes the cake on that one. His cowardly bitching, bullying and two-faced behaviour towards those he considers 'vulnerable' are what most would call 'nasty'. He is a pitiful excuse for a man.

I have to say the most entertaining thing so far was seeing the look on his spiteful little face when it finally dawned on him that Gary is not such an easy target as he thought - basically he was owned by a 70 year-old, deaf, brain damaged old man. Not good for his street cred - bloody hilarious.

Last edited by sassysocks; 07-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:23 AM #42

Quote:
Good for you. I would of thought you would have been a bit more insightful to the issues that could impede his communication problems and be less judgemental.
Firstly you wanted my qualification age to comment then questioned my ability to empathise with someone's spiritual beliefs? Age has nothing to do with it! The house creates it's own unnatural environment and in it behaviours seep through. Gary is no victim and neither is James but they have had an equal amount of hurtful things happen and said to them....
Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 AM #43

James complaining to BB that he was put in a room with the three people he has issues with and therefore felt hard done by and bullied.?

The only three who have stood up to him and that's the real issue.

Keep your little groupies close bye James because you now need them more than ever.Audley owns you and Gary is piddling all over you.
Mick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 AM #44

Quote:
He is an elderly man with hearing problems and brain damage. A well known head injury charity stated that symptoms of head injuries and brain damage include "unpredictable, impulsive or erratic behaviour, especially in a stressful of unfamiliar environment" which could explain much of his behaviour.

Gary is the most entertaining hm in there as well as one of the most popular - I seriously doubt BB have any regrets about putting him in there. He knocks spots off the brain-dead Rickiy and Lauren. You sound incredibly ageist.

As for nasty habits - James takes the cake on that one. His cowardly bitching, bullying and two-faced behaviour towards those he considers 'vulnerable' are what most would call 'nasty'. He is a pitiful excuse for a man.

I have to say the most entertaining thing so far was seeing the look on his spiteful little face when it finally dawned on him that Gary is not such an easy target as he thought.
If his disabilities made him too weak to be in BB then BB and his agent have done him a disservice by subjecting him to the environment you speak of! Personally I believe he like the others chose to go in for his own reasons and I would think BB had him certified fit and able to be in the house. If like all good actors he researched the environment he was going into he would also have prepared his script!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:46 AM #45

Quote:
If his disabilities made him too weak to be in BB then BB and his agent have done him a disservice by subjecting him to the environment you speak of! Personally I believe he like the others chose to go in for his own reasons and I would think BB had him certified fit and able to be in the house. If like all good actors he researched the environment he was going into he would also have prepared his script!
I didn't say he was too weak to go in there. What should be obvious to anyone is that his 'issues' could affect communication and lead to misunderstandings. Most of the other hms showed absolutely no understanding of that - which only goes to show that so-called celebs are just as ignorant as Mr and Mrs Average. James in particular used what he considered an 'easy-target' and ridiculed him, not to mention threatened to hit him. Guy is a toal creep.

I think Gary was very confused in his new environment but now that he has started to get used to it and adapt - we are now starting to see more of the real him and see that he is more clued-up than people realised. The vile James also realised that 'weak old Gary Busey' actually had the measure of him. Priceless!

Last edited by sassysocks; 07-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:57 PM #46

Quote:
I didn't say he was too weak to go in there. What should be obvious to anyone is that his 'issues' could affect communication and lead to misunderstandings. Most of the other hms showed absolutely no understanding of that - which only goes to show that so-called celebs are just as ignorant as Mr and Mrs Average. James in particular used what he considered an 'easy-target' and ridiculed him, not to mention threatened to hit him. Guy is a toal creep.

I think Gary was very confused in his new environment but now that he has started to get used to it and adapt - we are now starting to see more of the real him and see that he is more clued-up than people realised. The vile James also realised that 'weak old Gary Busey' actually had the measure of him. Priceless!
What you see as obvious issues others see as play acting. I saw all the HM immediately showing him respect and care for various reasons which included his age, his standing as as an actor and his hearing... Gradually the sympathy waned because not only didn't he recognise people were making allowances for him he seemed to me to want to change the people he thought were not treating him with respect! I didn't see any obvious reason that he deserved respect, only the need to be heard above the others...
Old 07-09-2014, 04:18 PM #47

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
What you see as obvious issues others see as play acting. I saw all the HM immediately showing him respect and care for various reasons which included his age, his standing as as an actor and his hearing... Gradually the sympathy waned because not only didn't he recognise people were making allowances for him he seemed to me to want to change the people he thought were not treating him with respect! I didn't see any obvious reason that he deserved respect, only the need to be heard above the others...
You weren't watching the same show as me then, they started picking on him pretty early on in the show.

― Richard Dawkins
Old 07-09-2014, 04:34 PM #48

Quote:

You have a severe misunderstanding of his ailments. As Kellie said to Audley and the case stands the same here. " Just because I have a sex change doesn't mean to say that I have had a brain transplant" That goes for Gary too, he banged his head, this doesn't mean to say that he's lost his rapier intelligence and wit. When he's called upon to use it is a different matter whether he can or not as it will come and go, just like his hearing. I's also dependent on how he is feeling at any particular moment.

He deserves respect for his age alone, that doesn't come and go it doesn't wane with time. You don't suddenly stop respecting someone because they are finding it hard to adjust or find it hard to come terms with your surroundings. Walk a mile in his shoes..... He's flown in from abroad and all of a sudden youngsters and old uns are all thrown in the mix together. Man., he's 70. Something like that could take weeks, months to adjust to. He's admitted his failings and has tried to improve his manners, is hygiene, which can clearly be seen as he's showering every day.

What they have done as a group is gradually realise he's a threat to their own narcissistic, self centred ambitions and have slowly ostracised him. Even if he'd defecated in their beds each night- they still had no reason to turn their backs on him. Even if he'd constantly bumped into each and every one of them they still had no right to turn their back on him. Even if he spilled coffee every day all over the house, they still had no right to turn their back on him. This lot are the most egotistic, self absorbed group of people you would NEVER wish to spend time with.

The ostracising and treating him like some sort of leper has back fired on the group tremendously. He's nobodies fool, that is for sure. He knows the British public are keeping in him and he's cottoned on to that. So he's thought,okay, where ever I can I will entertain myself, chat to myself and hey ho, he's getting a positive reaction. He's probably bored and frustrated in there, every time he tries to have a meaningful conversation with someone they get up and walk off. Leaves him no option but to talk to himself and us and he sure is entertaing. Nay, fascinating.

He walks the walk and talks the talk.

There's only one Gary Busey, one Gary Busey
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
You have a severe misunderstanding of his ailments. As Kellie said to Audley and the case stands the same here. " Just because I have a sex change doesn't mean to say that I have had a brain transplant" That goes for Gary too, he banged his head, this doesn't mean to say that he's lost his rapier intelligence and wit. When he's called upon to use it is a different matter whether he can or not as it will come and go, just like his hearing. I's also dependent on how he is feeling at any particular moment.

He deserves respect for his age alone, that doesn't come and go it doesn't wane with time. You don't suddenly stop respecting someone because they are finding it hard to adjust or find it hard to come terms with your surroundings. Walk a mile in his shoes..... He's flown in from abroad and all of a sudden youngsters and old uns are all thrown in the mix together. Man., he's 70. Something like that could take weeks, months to adjust to. He's admitted his failings and has tried to improve his manners, is hygiene, which can clearly be seen as he's showering every day.

What they have done as a group is gradually realise he's a threat to their own narcissistic, self centred ambitions and have slowly ostracised him. Even if he'd defecated in their beds each night- they still had no reason to turn their backs on him. Even if he'd constantly bumped into each and every one of them they still had no right to turn their back on him. Even if he spilled coffee every day all over the house, they still had no right to turn their back on him. This lot are the most egotistic, self absorbed group of people you would NEVER wish to spend time with.

The ostracising and treating him like some sort of leper has back fired on the group tremendously. He's nobodies fool, that is for sure. He knows the British public are keeping in him and he's cottoned on to that. So he's thought,okay, where ever I can I will entertain myself, chat to myself and hey ho, he's getting a positive reaction. He's probably bored and frustrated in there, every time he tries to have a meaningful conversation with someone they get up and walk off. Leaves him no option but to talk to himself and us and he sure is entertaing. Nay, fascinating.

He walks the walk and talks the talk.

There's only one Gary Busey, one Gary Busey
Tehe , he wasn't wheeled into a care home. He was offered a 'role' for money to go to BB in the UK. He would have been briefed by his agent and he will have watched previous shows, he is no victim. Anyway this isn't the GBBC appreciation thread
Old 07-09-2014, 04:56 PM #50

Quote:
Tehe , he wasn't wheeled into a care home. He was offered a 'role' for money to go to BB in the UK. He would have been briefed by his agent and he will have watched previous shows, he is no victim. Anyway this isn't the GBBC appreciation thread

There's only one person throwing the victim card around, do you have a mirror to hand, look no further.

As for your comments re: OAP's home, that reveals a lot about your outlook on the older generation and you as a person in general.

He has said on numerous occasions that he isn't a victim and would never be allowed himself to be, he's got on with it and if you can't take the mountain to Muhammed ..... he's found a way to flourish without his fellow housemates, to hell with 'em he must have thought.

I think most viewers would like to think what happens in the house is or would be a reflection in wider society outside and most are appalled at the way the vast majority of the wannabees have treated Mr Busey. You just DON'T treat a guest in your country and one of 3 score years plus 10 the way they have done.

Jordan ( Bully Elliot) was down right hostile towards him and that set the tone for the rest. The sniggering and back biting began. For a 36 year old man to have to be hauled into the diary room and to be told , in front of the nation that his behavior was reprehensible and that it had to stop and you have temerity to come on here and claim for some reason that it was Mr Busey that was being awkward and lost the support of his fellow housemates, get real.

With regards to the Ubiquitous support Mr Busey has garnered it here's it's there it's every blooming where. You just cannot stop it popping up all over the place.

One Gary Busey, there's only one Gary Busey
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
james, shocker, tonight