Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 15-01-2015, 11:44 AM #76
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I'm a vegetarian,but all my kids and hubby eat meat,I would never deprive them of it just because I don't eat it,they will make their own minds up when they are older.
At last the voice of reason !!!
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:52 AM #77
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I personally would say that it was more 'deprivation' to not allow your child the experience of a wide variety of friends from different social backgrounds, just because you don't approve of them....and based on their names...the benefits of that sort of experience can't be 'substituted' but lack of meat in a diet can be...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:53 AM #78

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

My opinion for what its worth is that everyone KNEW THAT Katie Hopkins would be a bitch and vile in the house. It took a few days for the bitchiness to properly manifest itself. Katie thinks she is RIGHT about everything and everyone else is WRONG. HOWEVER I think Alicia needs to stand up to her. She is not a fragile child that has no voice. Being tearful and weak is not going to CUT IT with Katie or most of the others. This is the strongest bunch of women ever in BB in my opinion and Alicia is very much the weakest link. She has to strengthen herself or she will be miserable for however long she has left. I DO think she shouldn't segregate her little girl from other kids OUTSIDE the home (at kids parties when she tells their mums that her little one isn't allowed this and that and at Halloween when all kids get treats) Her little girl will feel isolated the older she gets as the other kids can be cruel. She CAN control what her child eats in a home environment if she so wishes but she should never let the little girl have to beg for something that could be good for her (meat or chicken) Katie isn't going to change in that house but I hope for Alicia's sake SHE GETS some backbone and holds her ground
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:56 AM #79

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I like Alicia feel sorry for her but I love/hate Katie, We all know she says things that offends people, yet she was favourite on day 1 on here, If she was being nice people will say she is boring and fake and not the Katie Hopkins we see on this morning and that.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:57 AM #80

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Keith Chegwin
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
Do vegetarians offend you ?.
Go work in a slaughterhouse for the day & then tell me THAT does not offend you.
I wasn't bought up as a hunter, so I have no connections in my brain to hunting. But we have a history of hunting, and eating meat. Now labs can grow meat, and soon no animals will have to die for us to eat meat. We are meat eaters, and we have evolved as meat eaters, and we have evolved with the intelligence to avoid killing animals to continue to be meat eaters.
Pincho Paxton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:57 AM #81
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
My opinion for what its worth is that everyone KNEW THAT Katie Hopkins would be a bitch and vile in the house. It took a few days for the bitchiness to properly manifest itself. Katie thinks she is RIGHT about everything and everyone else is WRONG. HOWEVER I think Alicia needs to stand up to her. She is not a fragile child that has no voice. Being tearful and weak is not going to CUT IT with Katie or most of the others. This is the strongest bunch of women ever in BB in my opinion and Alicia is very much the weakest link. She has to strengthen herself or she will be miserable for however long she has left. I DO think she shouldn't segregate her little girl from other kids OUTSIDE the home (at kids parties when she tells their mums that her little one isn't allowed this and that and at Halloween when all kids get treats) Her little girl will feel isolated the older she gets as the other kids can be cruel. She CAN control what her child eats in a home environment if she so wishes but she should never let the little girl have to beg for something that could be good for her (meat or chicken) Katie isn't going to change in that house but I hope for Alicia's sake SHE GETS some backbone and holds her ground
There wasn't only Katie disgusted in Barbi ,Patsy,and Nadia were too
Old 15-01-2015, 11:58 AM #82
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
..I think Alicia did stand up to her though Riona..(I'm sure..) that when Katie called her a cruel parent, she was walking away from where they all were so maybe she didn't get the chance to say it straight away because I don't think that she's someone who wants a big 'drama' with an audience type thing...but when she had the opportunity and only Alex was there having his breakfast..(and looking a bit awkward....)..she did confront Katie...in fact she seemed to want to discuss her more but Katie more or less dismissed her...

Last edited by Ammi; 15-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 15-01-2015, 11:59 AM #83

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Why do you think that?
Alicia has OCD in her personality with the OCD face implants, and OCD vegetarianism. If you just strip her personality apart it is all OCD based.
Old 15-01-2015, 12:05 PM #84

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):

Just can't warm to a person that deliberately slept with famous footballers, actors, TV stars etc to then earn a living from it by kiss and tell stories. She was picked on a bit though.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:27 PM #85
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
Just can't warm to a person that deliberately slept with famous footballers, actors, TV stars etc to then earn a living from it by kiss and tell stories. She was picked on a bit though.
I had never heard of her before last week, is she a bit of a slapper ?
Old 15-01-2015, 12:30 PM #86

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I had never heard of her before last week, is she a bit of a slapper ?
More than a bit.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:31 PM #87
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjuniper View Post
Alicia isn't as helpless or as innocent as she appears. Her wide eyed look is down to surgery, not meekness. She slept with men and then sold the stories and that doesn't compute with the persona she is trying to project now.
She is garnering the sympathy vote, when in reality she has done bugger all in the house. Yesterday, when she and Katy had their talk, after Katy apologised, they agreed to park it, but she still wouldn't stop harping on.
I don't like anyone being bullied, but methinks Alicia is milking the situation for all it's worth.
Agree with this, Katie was right to say when someone airs a grievance against someone and they apologise that should be the end of it, you don't continue to string it out and carry on making digs about it
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:34 PM #88
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Agree with this, Katie was right to say when someone airs a grievance against someone and they apologise that should be the end of it, you don't continue to string it out and carry on making digs about it
If someone has something to say, they have a right to say it without the other person jumping in and saying they should end it there because the've decided so.

Alicia had a right to get everyting she wanted to out, regardless of when Katie wished the discussion to end.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:39 PM #89

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post
If someone has something to say, they have a right to say it without the other person jumping in and saying they should end it there because the've decided so.

Alicia had a right to get everyting she wanted to out, regardless of when Katie wished the discussion to end.
Yeah Katie was using a shutdown tactic, but she also had a comeback that she was avoiding to use.
Old 15-01-2015, 12:42 PM #90

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..I personally would say that it was more 'deprivation' to not allow your child the experience of a wide variety of friends from different social backgrounds, just because you don't approve of them....and based on their names...the benefits of that sort of experience can't be 'substituted' but lack of meat in a diet can be...
I worship you
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:43 PM #91
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
More than a bit.
Selfish cow

Last year, Alicia revealed the extent of her depression after attempting to commit suicide, believing it would give her children - daughters Georgia and Papaya - a "better future".
Old 15-01-2015, 12:46 PM #92
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
..tbf though, it looked to me as though Katie shut her down when she was trying to explain how she felt ..I mean if you call someone a cruel parent, I think it would be very rude to just say sorry and walk away, without allowing that person their voice...
Old 15-01-2015, 12:50 PM #93
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Her poor kids, and some say she's a good mother ? her daughter is So body freaked out she wanted a boob job at 13 ,but Mummy Dearest told her she had to wait until she was 16 !!!!!

Douvall caused outrage and criticism after admitting that her then 13-year-old daughter had asked for a boob job for her birthday.

Speaking to Closer magazine at the time, Douvall revealed: "Georgia wrote a little birthday wish-list for her 13th birthday later this month and on it was Kate Moss perfume, an iPhone and a boob job.

"I was surprised because I didn't know she was worried about her flat chest. She's such a quiet girl, she doesn't say a lot."

She then admitted that she would allow her daughter to have the surgery, but not until she turns 16.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s150/...#ixzz3OtiyEA4B
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
Old 15-01-2015, 12:50 PM #94
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostie! View Post

Katie had actually stood there and let her talk though, then she apologised once it seemed Alicia had finished. Alicia wasn't really adding anything new, just trying to string out more examples by which she could have a dig at Katie's parenting, "I could say" this and "I could say" that. Katie had got her point and apologised, alright it might not have been very genuine but that should have been an end to it, there's not much more that can be done about it and if you're not accepting the apology well then why did she bring it up in the first place. I think she was just enjoying giving Katie a dose of her own medicine too much which might be fine but she isn't as innocent as she portrays.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 12:58 PM #95

Quote:
This is about the nut job, please find a Katie thread to voice your anger
Oh I'm not angry. I just wondered where your priorities were when you used the word "cruel parent".
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 01:10 PM #96
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
This is about the nut job, please find a Katie thread to voice your anger

This is a thread about both Katie and Alicia. The clue's in the title.

Last edited by Lostie!; 15-01-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 02:06 PM #97

I agree with Ammi that Alicia did eventually stand up for herself quite well against Katie. I think she got her point across very well in a very upfront and calm way.

I do get what people are saying too though that Alicia kept going on saying "I could say" after Katie had apologised and asked to park it, but to be honest I can see why she did that.

Alicia seemed a bit taken by surprise when Katie made her cruel comments and started calling her the weirdo mum. Probably a bit shocked and didn't know how to respond on the spot.

I think many people have found themself in a situation like that. You know where you get into some disagreement with a person, or even sometimes without any argument someone makes a rude or snide comment to you and it's only later you might be kicking yourself think, "Oh I wish I said this back!" or "I could or should have said this in reply to that!" or "why didn't I say this back?!"

I think once Alicia gathered her thoughts she had a list of things she should have said back in reply to Katie, and fair play to her she followed through with that and was determined that she WOULD say them!

So despite Katie giving her a fake apology and trying to shut down the conversation, I'm actually glad that Alicia continued and ended the conversation on her terms.

Katie looks down on Alicia like an idiot and dismisses everything Alicia says as having no importance because she sees her as so dumb, so I was glad that Alicia for once dismissed Katie's attempt of "parking it" and continued on with what she wanted to say.

I found it funny that Alicia decided when it was time to "park it" (not when Katie said so) and decided to end it by saying "I accept your apology" only when she decided she was ready to stop and not when she was told to.
Pink Pegasus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 02:13 PM #98
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPinkpegasusx View Post
I agree with Ammi that Alicia did eventually stand up for herself quite well against Katie. I think she got her point across very well in a very upfront and calm way.

I do get what people are saying too though that Alicia kept going on saying "I could say" after Katie had apologised and asked to park it, but to be honest I can see why she did that.

Alicia seemed a bit taken by surprise when Katie made her cruel comments and started calling her the weirdo mum. Probably a bit shocked and didn't know how to respond on the spot.

I think many people have found themself in a situation like that. You know where you get into some disagreement with a person, or even sometimes without any argument someone makes a rude or snide comment to you and it's only later you might be kicking yourself think, "Oh I wish I said this back!" or "I could or should have said this in reply to that!" or "why didn't I say this back?!"

I think once Alicia gathered her thoughts she had a list of things she should have said back in reply to Katie, and fair play to her she followed through with that and was determined that she WOULD say them!

So despite Katie giving her a fake apology and trying to shut down the conversation, I'm actually glad that Alicia continued and ended the conversation on her terms.

Katie looks down on Alicia like an idiot and dismisses everything Alicia says as having no importance because she sees her as so dumb, so I was glad that Alicia for once dismissed Katie's attempt of "parking it" and continued on with what she wanted to say.

I found it funny that Alicia decided when it was time to "park it" (not when Katie said so) and decided to end it by saying "I accept your apology" only when she decided she was ready to stop and not when she was told to.
..great post Pinkpegasus and that's how I saw it as well..I think she handled it perfectly..at the time when Katie judged her as being a cruel mother, she said it as she was walking away and it would have really left Alicia just feeling shocked...I mean it's fine to say that she didn't agree with Alicia's life choices and those she had chosen for her child but that's not what she said at all, she made an accusation that she thought she was a cruel mother/not just a comment at all...so for Katie then to just say sorry and try to close down Alicia when she was entitled to her voice was just totally rude and ignorant imo...

Last edited by Ammi; 15-01-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 15-01-2015, 03:44 PM #99

I feel concerned about what Alicia has done to her body in terms of plastic surgery, and her clear obsession with altering herself in this way. However, I am perturbed at the level of derogatory criticism she seems to be attracting on this forum in terms of her beliefs she upholds for a meat free diet.

I am a vegan, and have brought all my children up as vegans, one of whom is now a highly intelligent, strapping, burly adult, who has never had any health issues. The others are happy, healthy and strong, and do not 'miss out' on what other children have – they just have a tasty alternative that is markedly better for their health. I have always informed my children that once they reach an appropriate age, that they could choose for themselves whether or not they want to introduce meat etc to their diets. So far, my eldest has chosen not to, because he has educated himself to the health benefits, and also understands the cruelty involved in many farming practices, and the extra nasties often added to the final products.

Anybody who thinks that vegans live on lettuce and sticks of celery these days, needs to re-educate themselves with the progression of what dietary options are available. There are very tasty and wholesome alternatives to meat and dairy for just about everything nowadays, from nuggets to burgers to sausages to pizza to cheese.....the list is endless.

When I was growing up, my parents were avid meat eaters, and thus, brought me up on such a diet, with bread and dripping to boot. I was not asked my preference as a child, as to whether or not I chose to eat meat, and despite my gagging on meat at dinner time, I was not offered any other alternative. In fact, I'm sure my parents would have been horrified at the very thought! Therefore, at the tender age of 16, when I could do so, and when my parents allowed me to, I became vegetarian, with the progression very quickly to becoming vegan.

The point here is that as children, we generally do as our parents see fit, and are brought up to that effect. I was not given the option of being brought up as a vegetarian when I was a child, because I had to eat what my parents put before me. It wasn't my choice, but theirs. They felt it best that I ate meat, so I had no choice but to do so. The same applies the other way round, and it is therefore perfectly acceptable and appropriate for vegetarian or vegan parents to bring their children up as they see fit, according to their own lifestyle, beliefs, morals and ethics. The same would apply to religious parents who choose to bring their children up according to their beliefs. That alone does not make a parent weird, odd, cruel, nut job or otherwise. Just different to the 'accepted' norm. Perhaps it is ignorance about vegetarianism or veganism that affects the majority of people who seem to have clear issues with a parent who feels it beneficial to provide meat free diets for their children.

Whatever the case, it is not cruel to bring a child up on a completely meat or dairy free diet, and I take exception to those that insist otherwise. I would never dream of berating or inflicting my views on the parents I meet on a daily basis who are carnivores, and inform them that I think they're cruel or inhuman for delivering plates of meat to their offspring, despite what I might feel about it, and I would expect the same respect from them to me.

Katie was downright insensitive and vicious with her comments to Alicia regarding this issue, and I wonder whether this lies with her own insecurities regarding people of differing beliefs to herself.
Blue Cadillac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 03:56 PM #100
-

-

I really like Alicia. If Katie starts picking on her all the time, I will go off her.
Don't understand how she is favourite anyway. It's one thing to have controversial opinions, which is fine. But to keeps making digs at Alicia, for no reason other than to just be horrible. It is in my eyes considered bullying. This is coming from somebody who barely uses the word, as it does get thrown around, but that's not the case this time.

Alicia hasn't been nasty to anybody in that house, so it is totally uncalled for.
Gone off Cami as well. She keeps bringing up her appearance, who cares if her ass is fake. Get over it.
I hate to say the word, but jealousy springs to mind.
I hope Calum stays away from her, she's trash.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alicia, insults, katie, upsets