Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 25-06-2015, 05:58 AM #1

Default There should be as many comments about Marc (the Man) as there are about Helen (fem)

Just highlighting the sexual bias shown on BB.There have been lots of comments about Helen but not nearly as many about Marc.He is as bad.But there are more comments about her because it is common practice that it is OK to abuse Women but people are less likely to abuse Men.& even some women fall into that trap too.

It is true.Helen is truly a piece of s c u m because you have to be nasty to be able to do what she does.But so is Marc to be able to do what he does.

I know Nikki made this clear later in the toilet that Marc is as bad but I thought it worthy of a separate entry because just Helen being taken on mainly in house shows a bias toward saying things to a Woman as against a Man and I'm talking about common practice here,not just about what went on between Nikki and Helen so worthy of an extra entry to make a point of it

and is particularly wrong with Marc is he is as bad as Helen.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 06:02 AM #2

No there shouldn't.

What really needs to happen is people need to differentiate between the two, Marc can be annoying as hell and has said some bad things.

Helen is full on argumentative, nasty, insults people, targets people, makes vile derogatory comments, compares them to rapists and murderers the list goes on...

But judging him on par with Helen is pathetic.

It's nothing to do with gender either.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 06:55 AM #3
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
No there shouldn't.

What really needs to happen is people need to differentiate between the two, Marc can be annoying as hell and has said some bad things.

Helen is full on argumentative, nasty, insults people, targets people, makes vile derogatory comments, compares them to rapists and murderers the list goes on...

Well said Josy, totally agree.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 07:04 AM #4
You know my methods

You know my methods

She did not compare bellend to a murderer or rapist she said he "looked" like one

and at the time he certainly looked like one of them

big difference
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:06 AM #5

Quote:
No there shouldn't.

Completely agree. People seem to be making the assumption that Marc is excused of doing anything bad just because he doesn't get as much criticism as Helen. This isn't true, he still gets criticism but he simply isn't anywhere near as bad as Helen. I don't understand how people can say 'he is as bad'.
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:11 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
She did not compare bellend to a murderer or rapist she said he "looked" like one

big difference
Which murderer / rapist did he look like then? Your argument seems to assume that all murderers/rapists look the same?

Of course there is a difference between saying "you are" and "you look like" but it's still a reprehensible thing to say. The point is that by saying it, she is associating him with someone who is capable of murder or rape, and I find it truly shocking that people are trying to justify this by saying "well, it's not as bad as..."
Old 25-06-2015, 09:25 AM #7
0_o

0_o

Quote:
No there shouldn't.

Indeed.

Rather funny to see people blame Marc for the things Helen says eh..though not too surprising
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:26 AM #8
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBB View Post
Which murderer / rapist did he look like then? Your argument seems to assume that all murderers/rapists look the same?

Of course there is a difference between saying "you are" and "you look like" but it's still a reprehensible thing to say. The point is that by saying it, she is associating him with someone who is capable of murder or rape, and I find it truly shocking that people are trying to justify this by saying "well, it's not as bad as..."
I imagine she meant because of the crazy eyes and shaking with anger tbh. Not that that makes it any better, but its the only sense I can make of it.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 25-06-2015, 09:30 AM #9

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
Just highlighting the sexual bias shown on BB.There have been lots of comments about Helen but not nearly as many about Marc.He is as bad.But there are more comments about her because it is common practice that it is OK to abuse Women but people are less likely to abuse Men.& even some women fall into that trap too.

It is true.Helen is truly a piece of s c u m because you have to be nasty to be able to do what she does.But so is Marc to be able to do what he does.

I know Nikki made this clear later in the toilet that Marc is as bad but I thought it worthy of a separate entry because just Helen being taken on mainly in house shows a bias toward saying things to a Woman as against a Man and I'm talking about common practice here,not just about what went on between Nikki and Helen so worthy of an extra entry to make a point of it

and is particularly wrong with Marc is he is as bad as Helen.
I am TOTALLY sick of both of them. I have disliked Marc since the very first night and Helen is a complete bitch, was last year and is this year. She should NEVER have been put back in the house. SHE IS NO LEGEND
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:38 AM #10
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Actually .........

Helen is like a street fighter, she goes in for the kill to win an argument without compromise. She has no filters, so she just blurts out whatever she is thinking.

Marc likes to win an argument at all costs too, but he does so with intelligence and the full awareness and knowledge of what he is doing. In that circumstance, I would say his behaviour is worse, because he was backing up/encouraging Helen, giving her the platform to delver the blows.

I can't understand how anyone still believes his, its all just banter lines. That wore thin within the first couple of days of his arrival. He is a nasty so and so with his eye on the prize and a willingness to get it no matter the cost.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:40 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I imagine she meant because of the crazy eyes and shaking with anger tbh. Not that that makes it any better, but its the only sense I can make of it.
Oh yeah I totally get that, it was rhetorical just to try and highlight the absurdity of the assumption that it's ok to say "you look like a murderer/rapist" to be honest. (I think I'd have crazy eyes and would be shaking too if I had to live with Helen Wood )
Old 25-06-2015, 09:59 AM #12

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

Favourites (more):
CBB 12: Courtney Stodden
BB14: Hazel

There's been plenty said about him, but he isn't Helen. I think Marc's been unfairly lumped into the Helen/Brian arguments. Helen's the one throwing around words like murderer and rapist.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:02 PM #13
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

big difference
On a scale of one to ten, how inappropriate is it to tell someone they look like a murderer.. and how inappropriate is it to tell other people that he is a psycho

I don't think they're worlds apart tbh
Old 25-06-2015, 01:03 PM #14
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

I think Helen was worse than Marc over all throughout the night so I understand why she was hit worse, what I don't understand is the Marc fans claiming he's the golden child that is only guilty by association.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:05 PM #15
Namaste

Namaste

I don't think Marc is even close to Helen's level, and him being a male has nothing to do with my opinion on that.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:09 PM #16

Quote:
but she was provoking him - she wanted him to leave - didnt she say now she wants nikki to leave?

she was provoking him!!!
sungrass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:10 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I think Helen was worse than Marc over all throughout the night so I understand why she was hit worse, what I don't understand is the Marc fans claiming he's the golden child that is only guilty by association.
Marc is more intelligent, Helen admits she doesnt think before she speaks and that she hates people etc

Marc is desperate absolutely desperate for fame.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:20 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
On a scale of one to ten, how inappropriate is it to tell someone they look like a murderer.. and how inappropriate is it to tell other people that he is a psycho

I don't think they're worlds apart tbh
They clearly have no idea of the definition of a psychopath Helen and Marc, the morons! There are some good documentarys about pyschopaths on Utube.

psychopaths have no empathy - they can not fathom what other people feel, they dont care about other peoples feelings only their own gain. They are charmers though - because all though they dont "feel" they can see how feelings work and are brilliant manipulators.

Brian showed empathy for Nikki - for Chloe (he wanted her to be able to speak because she was crying) Even if it was guilt - so what? pyschopaths dont feel remorse. They make fake feeling remorse but they dont really feel it.

(Marc and Helen)

Pyshcopaths -
They are cold and calculating - they hunt and they use people to their own ends

They dont feel guilt/remorse

They have no capacity for love

- They are basically like Machines and due to not being able to feel guilt/remorse/love they dont care about hurting people.

They have no compassion (Helen regarding Nikkis panic attack - Brian crying etc)

Helen has a high degree of narcistic personality disorder. Many in BB do - but with Helen its very high up on the Spectrum I would say - as she seems to have NO heart whatsoever.

Marc does not have any pyshcological disorders - apart from right now his head is in Helens rectum.

This is not the best written post. Helen needs to look up the characteristics of physcopathic behaviour - esp in women.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:22 PM #19

No inner policeman

Imagine if you never felt guilt, or embarrassment, or remorse for anything you did, ever! And there is no emotional attachment to other people and their emotions have no effect on you. In other words, you have no "conscience", no inner policeman telling you what you should and should not do. And never any regrets either.

What could you do? More importantly, what could you not do? The range of possibilities is endless. You would just go for what you want, regardless of anybody else. You would take what you want, treat people the way you want, manipulate them or abuse them simply for the sake of dominating them.

'Socializing' emotions are those that allow society to function well, with benefits for all concerned. For example, empathy, love, guilt, shame, remorse. Having these emotions means that we treat others well, we treat them fairly and we look out for and help others. If you lacked these socializing emotions, of course your behavior would be antisocial!

There thats better!

A pyschopath has no inner policeman.

Last edited by sungrass; 25-06-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 25-06-2015, 01:24 PM #20
0_o

0_o

I'm sure people look up the dictionary definitions of words before using them as insults.

On a side note, have people honestly never heard psycho used to describe someone who is acting slightly...crazed? Its so common where I am from
Quote:
Quote:
Old 25-06-2015, 01:28 PM #21
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm sure people look up the dictionary definitions of words before using them as insults.

On a side note, have people honestly never heard psycho used to describe someone who is acting slightly...crazed? Its so common where I am from
Ken Morley likes this
Old 25-06-2015, 01:29 PM #22

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett

Helen was much more extreme than Marc was, but he still got a warning.

Last edited by Time; 25-06-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Time is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 01:32 PM #23

Quote:

clearly they dont!

and clearly Helen was projecting onto Brian.

you cant just go around making things up at about people! its defamation of character. this on TV its not real life.

Last edited by sungrass; 25-06-2015 at 01:33 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
comments, fem, helen, man, marc