Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 25-06-2015, 08:26 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default This is all so very sad.

Weeks ago, like many of you, we all settled down to watch another series of Civvy BB. Ok it started off slow because the producers selection process was found to be flawed and in order to get the viewing figures up, an emergency tactic was deployed, we got 4 out and 4 in. What a load of rubbish that was as we lost big characters and got back the likes of Simon, Harry and Sam.

The we were asked to swallow the crap that BB pushed Marc into instigating. You cant blame him as he was a pre designed model installed for that purpose. We were then force fed the so called celebs in the shape of an unstable minion, a man with anger issues and a bitch that dislikes everyone she comes in contact with.

Naturally the fallout from said installation has created a massive storyline for BB but for all the wrong reasons. Now we are further asked to watch as yet another lowlife comes in promising the earth and will probably fizzle out but in essence, who cares as the whole ethos of the show has descended into a Jeremy Kyle style fracas.

The people that the show are all about have been side-lined, the tasks are not even being showed, the spin off show has developed a nasty biased side to it, presenters of the show, including Emma, are running around like headless chickens and the producers don't even know whats going to happen tomorrow, let alone next week.

Even this site has turned really nasty and good posters have been split into 2 camps, the Helen or the Brian camp and loads of old and valued posters have either stopped posting or just pop up now and again. Its not anyones fault because when all is said and done, the dam show has descended inot the Heln Wood saga and everyone else have been ignored.

Personally I am having a hard time following the threads as there are 10 or 20 threads about the same thing which make topics hard to follow. I blame the producers for loosing their perspectives and this crappy nasty war that has erupted headed by Helen is getting tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I like to watch Helen but only because she is interesting. I hate her as a person but love her as a HM.

Its all very sad that this civvy BB has turned into a crappy version of a Z listers CBB mixed with a bag full of nobodies and civvies that have been largely ignored. Its really hard to watch and BOTS is just plain nasty nowadays and should be taken off the screens and Rylan retired permenantly.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 08:28 AM #2
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

100% agree sam it's like a circus freak show now
Old 25-06-2015, 08:29 AM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Actually a circus freak show is a great analogy. Im just feeling sad today because im coming home tomorrow and I want to stay another week, lol.
Old 25-06-2015, 08:37 AM #4
cancelled

cancelled

............not watched for ages.........it's more fun to catch up here

............sampvt tells it how it is.................

Mark L
ebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 08:42 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB15: Chris
The Voice: Jermain Jackman

Favourites (more):

I agree Sam....as Josy said in another thread the original housemates have become extras in their own show, the legends should never have gone in, they should have saved these HM's for a one off charity BB, and they should have let BB carry regardless of viewing figures, maybe they should do civillian BB in the winter as more people go into hibernation!

Sounds like you had a great holiday...safe journey home
rubymoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 08:50 AM #6

their biggest mistake was to eject four people for no reason...they should have left it alone - the would have had a good show, good interaction, natural arguments between people... the show was going along nicely and we had just seen the different personalities emerging.

but no....they needed drama, arguments and negativity - they concocted a show and made a mess of it.

personally, because I have watched every night since the start, I will watch till I go away in a couple of weeks.....but I won't be watching again. I did without this since 2010, and came back this year thinking it would be entertaining. Its very uncomfortable watching and yes, Jeremy Kyle is only second after this mess.

Anyone remotely connected to this car crash is a bit desperate in my eyes now...that Emma lady could do so much better.
just thinkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 08:50 AM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubymoo View Post
I agree Sam....as Josy said in another thread the original housemates have become extras in their own show, the legends should never have gone in, they should have saved these HM's for a one off charity BB, and they should have let BB carry regardless of viewing figures, maybe they should do civillian BB in the winter as more people go into hibernation!

I am sad to leave here but looking forward to getting home. Yesterday I managed to buy a 40 yr old bottle of ruby port and ive sent an email off to my local deli for half a wheel of aged stilton which I collect Monday.

Ive got my finals night nibbles now so get Helen out, throw *******igh were she belongs, back in the gutter, stage up the tasks and after Fatboyslim gets oiked, I will be a happy bunny watching and collecting all my winnings on Marc as he slides gracefully over the live to the crown.

The finals for me will be enhanced by seeing dannys face after the indignation of not being chosen the peoples champion over Marc and the multitude of excuses from the also rans like Joel and Nick who think they have it won.
Old 25-06-2015, 08:56 AM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Lol Sam!

The nibbles sound great (i'm more of a cider and kettle chips girl)

I'd put a few quid on Danny if i were you, that way you have both options covered

For me i'd like Danny to win
Old 25-06-2015, 08:59 AM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lol Sam!

The nibbles sound great (i'm more of a cider and kettle chips girl)

I'd put a few quid on Danny if i were you, that way you have both options covered

For me i'd like Danny to win
I know my bets are sometimes looked at as daft, but I do win and Danny has already been loaded up by me if you check back on my very first predictions. I had over a grand on him at 9/2 to win Ł4500 if he makes the finals but not a penny for him to win, that's a daft bet. The winner will come from marc, Chloe or Joel. Hopefully marc if they don't throw him under a bus
Old 25-06-2015, 09:00 AM #10

I don't like all the conflict it's more than just arguments it's beyond reasonable and I find it difficult to watch, it makes me feel deflated and despondent seeing nice people being pushed into acting crazy and then being ridiculed for those actions.I just want normal every day conflict between housemates along side friends having fun together and being made to do silly tasks that make me laugh.Is that too much to ask?
Miss Nicole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:13 AM #11
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

I know we all love this show but honestly it's not worth moaning over. Not every series can be magic. Channel 4 was better at producing consistent quality than Channel 5, it is what it is. Let's just hope after this series and the last producers are learning some hard lessons about what works and what doesn't anymore.

Last edited by iRyan; 25-06-2015 at 09:13 AM.
iRyan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:16 AM #12

Quote:

You could say there isn't a BB16 then.
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 09:17 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto Brunt View Post
You could say there isn't a BB16 then.
I guess you could
Old 25-06-2015, 09:20 AM #14

Quote:
I guess you could
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 12:07 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The BB show will be dead by the end of this season. They have totally ruined the experience of every single housemate they originally chose with their desperate tactics to spice up the show.

The only eviction I agreed with was Simon & Marc - neither should have been brought back. I don't watch BBOTS anymore, I could just a soon stop watching this freak show as well and possibly will do sooner rather than later. I might have already watched my last.
Angelika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 12:27 PM #16

I don't know what it is but it ain't big brother any more.

And what are they going to do next year? They can't bring in ex-housemates again. It worries me what stunts they will try and pull then.
ThriceShy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 12:30 PM #17
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Weeks ago, like many of you, we all settled down to watch another series of Civvy BB. Ok it started off slow because the producers selection process was found to be flawed and in order to get the viewing figures up, an emergency tactic was deployed, we got 4 out and 4 in. What a load of rubbish that was as we lost big characters and got back the likes of Simon, Harry and Sam.

The we were asked to swallow the crap that BB pushed Marc into instigating. You cant blame him as he was a pre designed model installed for that purpose. We were then force fed the so called celebs in the shape of an unstable minion, a man with anger issues and a bitch that dislikes everyone she comes in contact with.

Naturally the fallout from said installation has created a massive storyline for BB but for all the wrong reasons. Now we are further asked to watch as yet another lowlife comes in promising the earth and will probably fizzle out but in essence, who cares as the whole ethos of the show has descended into a Jeremy Kyle style fracas.

The people that the show are all about have been side-lined, the tasks are not even being showed, the spin off show has developed a nasty biased side to it, presenters of the show, including Emma, are running around like headless chickens and the producers don't even know whats going to happen tomorrow, let alone next week.

Even this site has turned really nasty and good posters have been split into 2 camps, the Helen or the Brian camp and loads of old and valued posters have either stopped posting or just pop up now and again. Its not anyones fault because when all is said and done, the dam show has descended inot the Heln Wood saga and everyone else have been ignored.

Personally I am having a hard time following the threads as there are 10 or 20 threads about the same thing which make topics hard to follow. I blame the producers for loosing their perspectives and this crappy nasty war that has erupted headed by Helen is getting tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I like to watch Helen but only because she is interesting. I hate her as a person but love her as a HM.

Its all very sad that this civvy BB has turned into a crappy version of a Z listers CBB mixed with a bag full of nobodies and civvies that have been largely ignored. Its really hard to watch and BOTS is just plain nasty nowadays and should be taken off the screens and Rylan retired permenantly.
Post of this series so far for me, really well said.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 03:06 PM #18
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Dappy
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):

It simply isn't bbuk anymore I grew up with it its about the housemates getting along and a few arguments here and there now it's more like a constructed reality show sad to see
mrmattybeck1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2015, 03:06 PM #19
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):
mrmattybeck1

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThriceShy View Post
I don't know what it is but it ain't big brother any more.

And what are they going to do next year? They can't bring in ex-housemates again. It worries me what stunts they will try and pull then.
Spot on its simply a towie clone now
mrmattybeck1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sad