Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB16 Big Brother 16 aka Big Brother: Timebomb started 12th May 2015, and was won by Chloe Wilburn. Discuss the housemates and show in this forum.

Old 19-07-2015, 05:37 PM #26
Banned

Banned

I think it was good in how it could change the behaviour of future housemates. The housemates of recent years know the format too well and some of them are using BB because of it. This thread is very much about the impact this years twist will have on next years housemates, not about the impact it had on this years show. It was the first time that playing it safe became more dangerous than being controversial. I did say they need to tweak their ideas,maybe calling it amazing was too much, but i still stand by what i think.
This wasn't a thread about how 4 in 4 out affected this years show, we already have threads for that. It was about the changes that took place this year that may change the way next years house mates approach the show.
Something has to change or the show will die. The old format had run its course when Ch 4 dropped it. Ch 5 are trying to make it more now and all they get is criticised.
REDCROP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 05:46 PM #27
Banned

Banned

Nothing wrong with finding the positives that are there amongst the disappointments...i thought this had some positives looking ahead...i also thought this year had some great moments but most of them didn't come from the final 6...if the end credits were the best part of the show for some people then why did they bother to endure the previous 9 weeks ?
Old 19-07-2015, 09:01 PM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

No, it was genuinely the worst twist ever, apart from the '4 in' part, which was OK, but could have waited for a week or two.

Having the nominations reversed after nominations was truly diabolical.
And evicting 4 HMs with VTE was such a waste.
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2015, 09:06 PM #29
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

4 in 4 out was why i turned off.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 03:14 PM #30
Banned

Banned

But maybe because of 4 in 4 out, next years lot won't feel so safe and won't play it safe like so many did this year...that is what i am trying to say but no one seems to understand....what a shame, i'm trying to be positive....yes 4 in 4 out was not managed very professionally and yes it robbed 4 housemates of a chance to prove themselves, but they did have 2 weeks to prove themselves and ironically the 2 who had given the least were the 2 the public kept in...but if 4 in 4 out had taken place last year then for sure Danny, Christian and Chloe would not have gone in and just coasted along the way they did this year...i think that 4 in 4 out this year will unnerve the housemates who apply for next year and maybe, just maybe, they will up their game...it's something good that may actually come out of something disappointing...it's about projecting a positive impact this years disjointed show may have on next years show....maybe ch 5 need to refine the new ideas and think them thru more but i believe that creating instability and unpredictabilty is the best thing they could do....if the show reverts back to the tried and tested and now tired formula of yesteryear then it will just make it even easier for housemates to predict the game and even easier for people like half of this years finalists to hide in the wings for the duration of the show and only condescend to pop their heads out in the final weeks when the money is on the table...the premise of the show used to that big brother had control and the contestants couldn't predict what would happen next...in recent years the housemates have had control and even a blind man on a galloping horse would be able to predict what was coming next...i think its a good thing to shock the housemates and leave them feeling unsettled...it could have been implemented better, no doubt, but i believe it's heading in the right direction..
Old 20-07-2015, 03:21 PM #31

It was utterly moronic.
Beetlejuice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 03:23 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCROP View Post
if the show reverts back to the tried and tested and now tired formula of yesteryear then it will just make it even easier for housemates to predict the game and even easier for people like half of this years finalists to hide in the wings for the duration of the show and only condescend to pop their heads out in the final weeks when the money is on the table...the premise of the show used to that big brother had control and the contestants couldn't predict what would happen next...in recent years the housemates have had control and even a blind man on a galloping horse would be able to predict what was coming next...i think its a good thing to shock the housemates and leave them feeling unsettled...it could have been implemented better, no doubt, but i believe it's heading in the right direction..
The problem with all this, is that not only do the housemates not know what is going on neither do the viewers. When the viewers are lost, why would they bother?

The show needs a format. A structure. Doing away with that in an effort to put everyone on edge just makes for a confused and in the long run fed up audience.
Old 20-07-2015, 03:34 PM #33
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
The problem with all this, is that not only do the housemates not know what is going on neither do the viewers. When the viewers are lost, why would they bother?

The show needs a format. A structure. Doing away with that in an effort to put everyone on edge just makes for a confused and in the long run fed up audience.
But the viewers did know...we were told...we then had the power to evict the ones we wanted to evict out of the 6 shocked housemates who didn't know they were up for eviction...they didn't know, but we did...the structure didn't change for us, only for them..and i thought that was a good thing...the reason they were all so shocked is because they were all far too comfy and too confident in what to expect next...BB could have told us their plans before nominations took place that week, would made no difference for me but maybe it would have made it easier for other viewers to accept...but it wouldn't have had any impact on the noms taking place inside the house..we were in on the secret, the housemates weren't...i didn't find it confusing, at the time i was happy that people like Eileen and Nick were safe and maybe people like Danny and Chloe would go...but that didn't happen, we lost Kieren and Sarah instead....personally that is more frustrating to me, the voters, not the twist
Old 20-07-2015, 03:39 PM #34

Quote:
But the viewers did know...we were told
Told what? One week it's the people with the most noms up, the next week it's anyone with 2, then those who are up aren't up. There was no structure to the show whatsoever.

Quote:
...we then had the power to evict the ones we wanted to evict out of the 6 shocked housemates who didn't know they were up for eviction...they didn't know, but we did...the structure didn't change for us, only for them..and i thought that was a good thing...the reason they were all so shocked is because they were all far too comfy and too confident in what to expect next...BB could have told us their plans before nominations took place that week, would made no difference for me but maybe it would have made it easier for other viewers to accept
It would have made it look less like a fix, the very sort of thing that is putting more and more people off the show.

Quote:
...but it wouldn't have had any impact on the noms taking place inside the house..we were in on the secret, the housemates weren't...i didn't find it confusing, at the time i was happy that people like Eileen and Nick were safe and maybe people like Danny and Chloe would go...but that didn't happen, we lost Kieren and Sarah instead....personally that is more frustrating to me, the voters, not the twist
The whole show this year was a shambles. Let's stop pretending otherwise okay?

Last edited by Beetlejuice; 20-07-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 20-07-2015, 03:43 PM #35
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

I don't even understand what point the original post was trying to make tbh?
Old 20-07-2015, 03:50 PM #36
Banned

Banned

Well everyone has their ideas about it..... and yours are def in the majority .... but i am not pretending anything..i totally feel the way i do about it....
The point of the original post was to try and focus on the positives that came out of what was a disappointing show for many viewers and work out what benefits it may bring for next time...that was one observation i had and was i curious what positives others had....but no one has any so that def puts me in the minority

I liked the show except for the final, but thats nothing new, the winner is often not my choice, but i liked the show...i can understand that many others didn't though
Old 20-07-2015, 05:37 PM #37

Should have just put everyone up and had it VTS for one week only to get rid of the dullard's.
Jord is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 06:33 PM #38

4 in 5 out restarted the show. Which was a pointless moronic thing to do just as the settled housemates were developing relationships which is the core format of BB.

The new housemates simply turned the show into a lets start meaningless arguments show without a grain of reason or intelligence.

The format of the show was in ruins. The childish immature behaviour of Marc and then Helen and yes also the immature behaviour of Brian turned the show into a complete farce of stupidity.

4 in 5 out was a total disaster to anyone who appreciates what BB was and should be.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 06:46 PM #39

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

I see it as a good thing as it got rid of my 3 least favourite housemates, made sure Jade and Eileen were safe and brought in Harry and Sam, but it should have been more fair, and if it didn't work in my favour I would hate it.
Overall it was a good idea and didn't really matter if it was unfair or whatever as this series was a mess anyway,but it did defeat the prpose of BB and got rid of a calm casual series after last year's hurricane. Oh well...
Old 20-07-2015, 06:51 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis111 View Post
I see it as a good thing as it got rid of my 3 least favourite housemates, made sure Jade and Eileen were safe and brought in Harry and Sam, but it should have been more fair, and if it didn't work in my favour I would hate it.
Overall it was a good idea and didn't really matter if it was unfair or whatever as this series was a mess anyway,but it did defeat the prpose of BB and got rid of a calm casual series after last year's hurricane. Oh well...
Perhaps you would have a different opinion if it had got rid of your favourite housemates.

As for the series being a mess before the 4 in 4 out that is subjective to individuals and not necessarily a fact.
Old 20-07-2015, 07:25 PM #41
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
Perhaps you would have a different opinion if it had got rid of your favourite housemates.

As for the series being a mess before the 4 in 4 out that is subjective to individuals and not necessarily a fact.
Glad you recognise that peoples perceptions are subjective to individuals....for a moment i thought you might be unwilling to accept other peoples viewpoints.

My viewpoint is that next years applicants for BB may not feel so sure they can predict or rely on the familiar format...i think that may be a positive thing that came out of the twist this year.

Just a small observation that might redress the balance a little against all the doom and gloom.
Old 20-07-2015, 07:49 PM #42
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Yeah, so was Auschwitz...

Last edited by Babayaro.; 20-07-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 07:52 PM #43
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

The execution was better than what I thought.
But it's a horrible horrible idea - It's just throwing away two weeks for nothing and rebooting the series.
Anything more than 2in2out is just too much.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 11:05 PM #44
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

But Danny and Chloe didn't go though OP? Which was what the twist was suppose to do was to get rid of the bores and instead we lost Housemates that opened their mouths.

Tbh this series would've been so much better if they'd just left it the way it was.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2015, 09:10 AM #45
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Yeah, so was Auschwitz...
I have no idea how any link to Auschwitz can be even spoken in the same conversation about a small reality TV Show that's supposed to be fun to watch....i'm seriously out of here as of today.....i can not relate to most of the people who remain on this forum now that the show has ended....their seems to be a warped view of what's acceptable and what's offensive... the outrage people have about some things is way out of proportion yet the indifference they have about the real issues surrounding BB this year is startling
I see little point in reflecting on the show if no one even wants to celebrate anything positive about it. I found my own positives but few others seem to have any.
If BB have managed to unwittingly P-ss Off the house mates and some of the voters then there has to be a positive in there some where, no matter how much of a balls up some of the twists were this year. Future lazy housemates, like half of this years finalists, need a wake up call and a lot of the voters who are so outraged by BB are the same people who destroy the show themselves every year.

If the people who thought the 4 in 4 out twist was the worst element of this years BB they have a very different moral compass to me.

Clare Mundoon on the BOTS panel openly saying that Harry has serious mental health issues, is a danger to herself and others and needs to be taken away.

Christian being put on trial by BB two days before the final without the full facts, any evidence or defence

Jasmine Lennard being brought in and admired by the women in the house. A body so starved and a shape so unobtainable in any healthy way yet set as a role model to young female viewers by BB.

Brian Bello behaving in a way that was disturbing to view yet neither him or Helen were removed but instead their behaviour was endorsed by BB.

If 4 in 4 out causes viewers to feel so offended then i can only assume they didn't tune in on the nights that the above happened.
Old 21-07-2015, 12:58 PM #46

Quote:
Glad you recognise that peoples perceptions are subjective to individuals....for a moment i thought you might be unwilling to accept other peoples viewpoints.

My viewpoint is that next years applicants for BB may not feel so sure they can predict or rely on the familiar format...i think that may be a positive thing that came out of the twist this year.

Just a small observation that might redress the balance a little against all the doom and gloom.
You make me smile. No I don't accept other peoples viewpoints as that would concede my own viewpoints. What I do accept is everyones right to their viewpoint.

If you do not agree with my conclusions of course I would not expect or want you to accept my viewpoints. It's just semantics really..

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
good, idea