Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 25-01-2016, 10:45 AM #1

Default Great quote on Man U from ex youth player Bojan Djordjic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35396608

Quote:
Van Gaal was also criticised on the club's official television channel, MUTV.

Former Reds winger Bojan Djordjic suggested that "the only corner we are turning is into some dark alley where we get robbed again".

Bet he never gets invited back on MUTV

Last edited by alex_front2; 25-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 11:13 AM #2

Favourites (more):
I'maCeleb2014: Kendra Wilkinson
X Factor 2014: Andrea Faustini

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35396608

Bet he never gets invited back on MUTV
Pretty much every ex-player of ours has criticized the club. You don't get that at other top clubs. We must be doing something really badly to have no loyalty from our former players.
The moment LVG sold Welbeck the writing was on the wall.
How can the likes of Rodgers & Jose get sacked when this clown still keeps his job
LVG is a walking disaster. GET HIM OUT NOW. I would rather have Moyes back that carry on like this. I actually wanted to end it all at half time Saturday, the football was so awful.
Tarryn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 11:33 AM #3
You know my methods

You know my methods

To be honest I cant think of a defence in the world that could mark ex QPR bad -knees striker Charlie Austin
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 11:42 AM #4
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

MUTV getting all the big names
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2016, 11:50 AM #5

There was something inevitable about Charlie Austin scoring. Should have put a cheeky £20 first goal scorer bet on, but got scared when the team news said he wouldn't start.
Old 25-01-2016, 11:55 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarryn View Post
Pretty much every ex-player of ours has criticized the club. You don't get that at other top clubs. We must be doing something really badly to have no loyalty from our former players.
The moment LVG sold Welbeck the writing was on the wall.
How can the likes of Rodgers & Jose get sacked when this clown still keeps his job
LVG is a walking disaster. GET HIM OUT NOW. I would rather have Moyes back that carry on like this. I actually wanted to end it all at half time Saturday, the football was so awful.
My Man U loving chums were always whinging about how ex players on MUTV were too positive about poor performance ,so it must be refreshing to hear even obscure former youth wingers piling in Roy K, Yorke, Kranchelskis, Pallister, Schmeichel, De Saar, Scholes, Ince, RVN, McClair, Robson have all slated Man U now.

Only Norman Whiteside seems on LVGs side and we all know that's due to his opinions on Sir Alex.

Last edited by alex_front2; 25-01-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 25-01-2016, 11:59 AM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There was something inevitable about Charlie Austin scoring. Should have put a cheeky £20 first goal scorer bet on, but got scared when the team news said he wouldn't start.
Everybody in the crowd was saying the same thing as soon as Austin came on. A few people around me walked out before Southampton even scored.
It was just so predictable that we would lose this way.
If the likes of Liverpool & Chelsea won't put up with an incompetent manager then why should we
We may be the richest club in the World right now but it won't last if things carry on like this.
Get Giggs in now. Could he really do any worse ?.
Old 25-01-2016, 12:03 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
My Man U loving chums were always whinging about how ex players on MUTV were too positive about poor performance ,so it must be refreshing to hear even obscure youth wingers piling in Roy K, Yorke, Kranchelskis, Pallister, Schmeichel, De Saar, Scholes, Ince, RVN, McClair, Robson have all slated Man U now.

Only Norman Whiteside seems on LVGs side and we all know that's due to his opinions on Sir Alex.
Sir Alex is still part of the problem. Still pulling strings.
He left the club in a state. He only purchased Van Persie to grab the title back from City so he could piss off & leave the club as champions.
He did not want Jose & he knew he could not tell him what to do.
Moyes was going to be his puppet but that went badly wrong.
Can anyone tell me why LVG is still ********** manager of my club
Old 25-01-2016, 12:06 PM #9

Quote:
Everybody in the crowd was saying the same thing as soon as Austin came on. A few people around me walked out before Southampton even scored.
It was just so predictable that we would lose this way.
If the likes of Liverpool & Chelsea won't put up with an incompetent manager then why should we
We may be the richest club in the World right now but it won't last if things carry on like this.
Get Giggs in now. Could he really do any worse ?.
Tarryn that's exactly why MAN U will put up with an underperforming manager. You can still bask in the success of Sir Alex (last minute Champions League winners, the treble, FA CUPS, lording it over Liverpool etc). Plus the Man U commercial brand is so strong missing out on CL won't hurt. Leicester et al need CL. Man U have been spoilt during most of Fergies tenure you took success for granted and now its not even needed. Will you ever have another Sir Alex Manager? Long term, decent success etc. No different era. Nearest is Wenger. Remember Fergie arrived in 1986 as you had 20+ years of no titles. Even Ferige was one game away from the sack.

Liverpool have sacked a series of managers as they are still seeking an elusive PL title.

Last edited by alex_front2; 25-01-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 25-01-2016, 12:24 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Tarryn that's exactly why MAN U will put up with an underperforming manager. You can still bask in the success of Sir Alex (last minute Champions League winners, the treble, FA CUPS, lording it over Liverpool etc). Plus the Man U commercial brand is so strong missing out on CL won't hurt. Leicester et al need CL. Man U have been spoilt during most of Fergies tenure you took success for granted and now its not even needed. Will you ever have another Sir Alex Manager? Long term, decent success etc. No different era. Nearest is Wenger. Remember Fergie arrived in 1986 as you had 20+ years of no titles. Even Ferige was one game away from the sack.

Liverpool have sacked a series of managers as they are still seeking an elusive PL title.
But it won't last forever. Sponsors will only stick with us for so long.
Liverpool should be the biggest warning to any other club as to how badly it can go wrong.
Manchester City & Chelsea have brought PL titles so why can't we
Old 25-01-2016, 12:32 PM #11

Quote:
Sir Alex is still part of the problem. Still pulling strings.
He left the club in a state. He only purchased Van Persie to grab the title back from City so he could piss off & leave the club as champions.
He did not want Jose & he knew he could not tell him what to do.
Moyes was going to be his puppet but that went badly wrong.
Can anyone tell me why LVG is still ********** manager of my club
Agree. Obviously Sir Alex was a great manager. However he was old school. In his last few years at Man U football had moved on and he got left behind. What worked in 1994 would not necessarily work now. He didn't adapt.

The likes of Man City, PSG, Atletico, Bayern , Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal were innovative. Man City's academy set up is better, not that Man U fans will admit this. The best young players are at Man City and Cheslea. Man City offering private school places to youngsters was a simple stroke of genius.
Plus the Sky money has evened things out. Stoke have the most CL winners in their squad. Not a single one of the best emerging players have come from Man U in the last 2 seasons. Hazard (Chelsea), Butland (Stoke), Payet and Oxford (West Ham), Vardy, Mahrez, Kante (Leicester), Kane, Dele Alli (Spurs), Mane ( Soton), Lukaku, Barclay, Stones (Everton). Under Fergie these players would not have made the grade, let alone bench but these days Man U would give their arm off to have Mahrez and co. The funny thing is Dele Alli was stolen from under your noses. He played for MK Dons when they thrashed Man U 4-0!!

Man U are in no danger of being relegated or anything like that, you can buy your way out of trouble, however Man U will never be the no 1 big draw must go to destination team it was under Fergie. Players now don't particularly was to be up North a eg De Gea and those who do often will chose City. History means less nowadays something Man U will have to accept.

Last edited by alex_front2; 25-01-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 25-01-2016, 12:46 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Agree. Obviously Sir Alex was a great manager. However he was old school. In his last few years at Man U football had moved on and he got left behind. What worked in 1994 would not necessarily work now. He didn't adapt.

The likes of Man City, PSG, Atletico, Bayern , Chelsea and to a lesser extent Arsenal were innovative. Man City's academy set up is better, not that Man U fans will admit this. The best young players are at Man City and Cheslea. Man City offering private school places to youngsters was a simple stroke of genius.
Plus the Sky money has evened things out. Stoke have the most CL winners in their squad. Not a single one of the best emerging players have come from Man U in the last 2 seasons. Hazard (Chelsea), Butland (Stoke), Payet and Oxford (West Ham), Vardy, Mahrez, Kante (Leicester), Kane, Dele Alli (Spurs), Mane ( Soton), Lukaku, Barclay, Stones (Everton). Under Fergie these players would not have made the grade, let alone bench but these days Man U would give their arm off to have Mahrez and co. The funny thing is Dele Alli was stolen from under your noses. He played for MK Dons when they thrashed Man U 4-0!!

Man U are in no danger of being relegated or anything like that, you can buy your way out of trouble, however Man U will never be the no 1 big draw must go to destination team it was under Fergie. Players now don't particularly was to be up North a eg De Gea and those who do often will chose City. History means less nowadays something Man U will have to accept.
True, but it will never get any better with LVG there. We will always go backwards with him in charge. The board need to realise that yes, times have moved on but we should still be doing so much better than this.
Old 25-01-2016, 12:59 PM #13

The problems at Man U are not just about LVG.

MAN Us post Fergie succession plans were poor. Arsenal take note.

Man U need to move with the times and get a Director of Football. One guy can't do it all.

Man U need to to stop trying to lure marque signings just because you are Man U. Neymar to Old Trafford?!? Why would he leave the best team with arguably the best ever attacking frontline and play in Europa league alongside the likes of Depay, Rooney and Martial. You can throw crazy money at him (eg. £700k a week after tax) he still won't budge. Man U might be the biggest brand but Barcelona are a suprior team. Bar De Gea no Man U players would get into Barce team. Shaw and Smalling might be fringe squad players.

Man U and entitled fans need to be less snobby and look at lower and non League players. Smalling doesn't count as he came via Fulham. Shaw got promoted via Soton. Dele Alli could have been yours for £5m but an MK Dons player probably wasn't a sexy enough signing. Did you see Allis wonder goal v Palace? That could have been yours. More entertainment in those 3 secs than Man U has all season.

Sir Bobby is a legend but he has far too much sway. Romanticism. He won't accept Mourinho?!

Man U rely on its heritage, history and brand too much and there is evidence this is increasingly less important to recruitment. This will prove correct if Pep G joins City as expected. He's more likely to join Arsenal than Man U. Players care about the future which is what PSG and City look like. Modern innovative. Man U look dated and old fashioned. Remember, PSG as they are were founded in just 1970. They are getting better talent than Man U. Man U might even happily take their rejects eg Cavani. A talented young player from Brazil probably hasn't got a clue who George Best was. Heck, even Luke Shaw hadn't heard of Tony Adams.

Last edited by alex_front2; 26-01-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bojan, djordjic, great, man, player, youth