Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 07-02-2016, 03:29 PM #26

Where's the titties, man?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:19 PM #27
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

I think it totally depends on what shows you watch. I do think there are more 'male coming out scenes' on TV, but I think it's more so to get views than to help people out. I mean yeah, I do think the writers/directors want to help people out, but I think they do things to get these storylines ratings.

It sounds so confusing there, but I think that more females watch soaps/tv series than males. A lot of these females who watch these soaps are pretty young. A lot of young girls always say they want that 'gay bff' and love 'gay guys' because gay guys are pretty great, lol. Writers know that they can get gay people and straight fangirls to fall in love with the gay characters/ships. This tends to happen more with male/male couples, rather than female/female couples.

On the other hand, you get guys who are like **** yeah, lesbians!!!!! But I don't think you get as many straight guys watching a show/soap with gay characters as you do with straight women...

TL: DL, writers show gay male storylines coming out more than gay female coming out storylines because they get more attention/views

Last edited by Ninastar; 07-02-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:20 PM #28
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Bloody Lesbos
make you mind up!

Please Note: There is nothing at all wrong with being called
a Lesbo
leave me alone you breeder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 04:23 PM #29
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Although I suppose in the UK it's more about gay males coming out, whereas in the US it's more about gay females coming out... I think being a gay male is more taboo in the US, but being a gay female is more taboo in the UK.

Just my opinion of course tho
Old 07-02-2016, 04:34 PM #30
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
I think it totally depends on what shows you watch. I do think there are more 'male coming out scenes' on TV, but I think it's more so to get views than to help people out. I mean yeah, I do think the writers/directors want to help people out, but I think they do things to get these storylines ratings.

It sounds so confusing there, but I think that more females watch soaps/tv series than males. A lot of these females who watch these soaps are pretty young. A lot of young girls always say they want that 'gay bff' and love 'gay guys' because gay guys are pretty great, lol. Writers know that they can get gay people and straight fangirls to fall in love with the gay characters/ships. This tends to happen more with male/male couples, rather than female/female couples.

On the other hand, you get guys who are like **** yeah, lesbians!!!!! But I don't think you get as many straight guys watching a show/soap with gay characters as you do with straight women...

TL: DL, writers show gay male storylines coming out more than gay female coming out storylines because they get more attention/views
This is a pretty good point. Aaron and Robert from Emmerdale have become a craze on social media to the younger viewers where it's become an obsession to a lot of people. It kinda feels like a lot of viewers almost see it as being real life and not acting. The producers know this and milk it for all its worth by giving them more screen time than most. I couldn't see a lesbian couple getting the same reaction and attention from viewers.
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
coming, focusses, male, shows, stories, tv