Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 15-07-2016, 06:41 PM #101
sees everything

Favourites:
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
It is, they are paid a stipend because they are working and need to cover potential losses on their income whilst they're away from home, they sign contracts to consent to certain things and regulations in the same way you would in any regular job, and the reason it's 18+ is precisely because there are laws preventing minors working on television after a certain time and for certain lengths of time
pretty much the same when appearing on jury service: you are paid travel expenses, can claim for loss of earnings, and there used to be a daily food allowance as well, but it's not classed as working.
Jan S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:42 PM #102
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
No it really isn't....they aren't employees they don't work certain hours of each day because of course working 24 hours a day is illegal and the money they do receive is only to cover expenses its not a wage.
They agree to be filmed for the purposes of a television show, therefore technically speaking they are employees. If shows like these weren't jobs, then why are under 16's banned from appearing on spin-off shows like Xtra Factor? It's because there are laws regarding minors working on TV past a certain time and because they've already worked several hours already
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:44 PM #103

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Oh that's a shame for her, not my cup of tea but each to their own, I can see why she went on BB to promote herself, at least she is trying I guess to make a career for herself.

Hope you feel better soon x

aww ty I sound a cross between Barry white and a smurf it's kind of scarey much like Teesh's 'zipper' incident scarey lol that will haunt her for years to come... lol

she will no longer be the woman from BB who argued over pancakes but the woman that flashed her arse to the world on telly whilst trying to be one of the cool kids
Old 15-07-2016, 06:45 PM #104

Quote:
They agree to be filmed for the purposes of a television show, therefore technically speaking they are employees. If shows like these weren't jobs, then why are under 16's banned from appearing on spin-off shows like Xtra Factor? It's because there are laws regarding minors working on TV past a certain time and because they've already worked several hours already
Jack I honestly don't really care which way you try to spin it tbh being a contestant on a gameshow isn't a job in any way at all in fact it's actually laughable that that's now an argument in defence of lateysha 's self entitled I'm skint comment 'omg she has a job it's bb' lol.

But yeah carry on with that.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:45 PM #105
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
aww ty I sound a cross between Barry white and a smurf it's kind of scarey much like Teesh's 'zipper' incident scarey lol that will haunt her for years to come... lol

she will no longer be the woman from BB who argued over pancakes but the woman that flashed her arse to the world on telly whilst trying to be one of the cool kids
hawt

Old 15-07-2016, 06:46 PM #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
pretty much the same when appearing on jury service: you are paid travel expenses, can claim for loss of earnings, and there used to be a daily food allowance as well, but it's not classed as working.
I'm worried for the future if people these days actually do believe being on a gameshow is employment tbh
Old 15-07-2016, 06:47 PM #107

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan S View Post
hawt

LOL
Old 15-07-2016, 06:47 PM #108
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I thought the same thing
Look at the re run, not the video.

1. she was up too quick and her dim wit brain could not have processed that request that quickly.

2. She arched her back and adopted doggie position which isn't a twerking position, she did that to bust the dress.

3. Ryan was up too quick and he couldn't have seen what happened because he was in front of her.

4. If a zip busts, you need to tease and wriggle it to get it back up and even then it will go again when you sit down which it didn't.

5. Her zipper went from the bottom where it was partly open yet Rylan moved the zipper from the top but in an upward motion not downward.

I think it was set up with Velcro and everyone knew what to do in advance for maximum effect, anyway she farts so often there were no skid marks visible which you would expect to see on a skanks nickers. She had a thong made for a size 8 girl, which is just plain wrong for an arse that size.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:50 PM #109
sees everything

Favourites:
sees everything

Favourites:

Quote:
I'm worried for the future if people these days actually do believe being on a gameshow is employment tbh
indeed

Quote:
LOL
there has to be some voiceover work for that white/smurf vibe... you should cash in on serendipity!
Old 15-07-2016, 06:51 PM #110

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

So she's paid to do BB and will get paid for the opportunities that will come off the back of the show, but she's still selfish because it's not a real job!!
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 06:54 PM #111
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Jack I honestly don't really care which way you try to spin it tbh being a contestant on a gameshow isn't a job in any way at all in fact it's actually laughable that that's now an argument in defence of lateysha 's self entitled I'm skint comment 'omg she has a job it's bb' lol.

How defensive in case you hadn't noticed I've already said Lateysha isn't entitled to money just because she's a single mother, because Big Brother's a gameshow and not a charity, so please don't put words into my mouth. It has nothing to do with Lateysha, I don't really care for her. It's a separate point that participating on most television shows constitutes employment given the regulations that go with them, contracts that are signed and stipends that are paid. It's exactly the same on the X Factor as it is for Big Brother.

Your refusal to respond only signals that I'm right tbh
Old 15-07-2016, 06:56 PM #112

Quote:
How defensive in case you hadn't noticed I've already said Lateysha isn't entitled to money just because she's a single mother, because Big Brother's a gameshow and not a charity, so please don't put words into my mouth. It has nothing to do with Lateysha, I don't really care for her. It's a separate point that participating on most television shows constitutes employment given the regulations that go with them, contracts that are signed and stipends that are paid. It's exactly the same on the X Factor as it is for Big Brother.

Your refusal to respond only signals that I'm right tbh
No my refusal to respond is boredom. Regardless of how many paragraphs you want to type out to try prove your point s isn't going to make a difference because what you are saying is factually incorrect.
Old 15-07-2016, 06:57 PM #113

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The thing I will always find hard to understand in regards to parents who go on tv or have an internet world surrounding how they make money and it not always clothed or morally nice. Is noone seems to understand that once it's out there on the net you can't take it back so Teesh's kid sadly years from now could find all these things her mum did as could her friends...
Old 15-07-2016, 06:59 PM #114
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The thing I will always find hard to understand in regards to parents who go on tv or have an internet world surrounding how they make money and it not always clothed or morally nice. Is noone seems to understand that once it's out there on the net you can't take it back so Teesh's kid sadly years from now could find all these things her mum did as could her friends...
school for her kids will be hard but will she care, not a chance
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:00 PM #115
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No my refusal to respond is boredom. Regardless of how many paragraphs you want to type out to try prove your point s isn't going to make a difference because what you are saying is factually incorrect.
Do you have any evidence to prove it's factually incorrect like I gave you, or are you simply sticking to your guns because you hate Lateysha? If anyone's guilty of trying desperately to criticise/defend a housemate here it's you
Old 15-07-2016, 07:04 PM #116

Quote:

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:06 PM #117

Quote:
Do you have any evidence to prove it's factually incorrect like I gave you, or are you simply sticking to your guns because you hate Lateysha? If anyone's guilty of trying desperately to criticise/defend a housemate here it's you
I don't hate lateysha hates far too strong a word tbh

And what evidence would I need apart from common sense?

Where is your evidence? How much tax do these bb housemates/employees pay from their wages? How many sick days are they allowed, what's the holiday entitlement (because you normally accumulate a day and a half or more per month as an employee so by my calculations the remaining hms are about due a day off) what is their job title?

I'm guessing there won't be any evidence of that because it simply is not a job.

Is it really just me that sees how ridiculous this straw clutching is...
Old 15-07-2016, 07:09 PM #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I thought she said that in response to Jason saying you need to go back to your baby? Sexist pig..what about Dad in all this gets off scott free as per
Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:10 PM #119

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Well if daddy has already gone it's a little bit selfish of her to also frig off to leave a newborn with Gran.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:11 PM #120

Quote:
Jack, I am not that up on this subject (or really that bothered) but I will reproduce this from BBSpy:

Big Brother 2016 housemates aren’t being paid fees

Channel 5 has denied claims that certain Big Brother 2016 housemates are being paid fees for their participation.

Speculation has been rife that bosses have been forced to get its chequebook out since it was first suggested that the current ‘civilian’ series would feature ‘celebrity’ housemates.

The rumours resurfaced today amid claims about Marco Pierre White Junior’s involvement – but speaking to the Metro, a Big Brother spokesperson denied that any of this year’s housemates have negotiated specific fees to take part.

“Unlike Celebrity Big Brother, housemates are not paid to participate as they have a chance of winning £100,000,” the rep commented.

Although C5 may not have shelled out CBB-style fees, all Big Brother housemates are paid a nominal stipend to cover their day-to-day expenses (such as rent and bills) while they are on the show.

Today’s edition of the Mail On Sunday alleged that Marco Jnr’s place in the Big Brother house was ‘arranged’ for him by an executive producer who was friends with fiancée – but Channel 5 has vehemently denied the report.

In a statement issued to bbspy, the broadcaster said: “Marco’s fiancée isn’t ‘an ex-school chum’ of any of the Executive Producers, and we have no reason to believe that she knows any member of the team.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/061...#ixzz4EVRDrsMf

Old 15-07-2016, 07:15 PM #121

Quote:
I don't hate lateysha hates far too strong a word tbh

And what evidence would I need apart from common sense?

Where is your evidence? How much tax do these bb housemates/employees pay from their wages? How many sick days are they allowed, what's the holiday entitlement (because you normally accumulate a day and a half or more per month as an employee so by my calculations the remaining hms are about due a day off) what is their job title?

I'm guessing there won't be any evidence of that because it simply is not a job.

Is it really just me that sees how ridiculous this straw clutching is...
All I know, is that if it is a job, with just expenses being paid it is a really stupid choice of 'employment'.

To me, BB is a gamble - not employment as I have learnt to recognise the word.

Does being 'employed' by BB then, mean that a HM who has been evicted a la Chelsea, can take BB to a Tribunal for 'Wrongful Dismissal'?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 15-07-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 15-07-2016, 07:22 PM #122
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

For her it was an holiday ,its not classed as work
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:22 PM #123
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:29 PM #124
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
Jack, I am not that up on this subject (or really that bothered) but I will reproduce this from BBSpy:

Big Brother 2016 housemates aren’t being paid fees

Channel 5 has denied claims that certain Big Brother 2016 housemates are being paid fees for their participation.

Speculation has been rife that bosses have been forced to get its chequebook out since it was first suggested that the current ‘civilian’ series would feature ‘celebrity’ housemates.

The rumours resurfaced today amid claims about Marco Pierre White Junior’s involvement – but speaking to the Metro, a Big Brother spokesperson denied that any of this year’s housemates have negotiated specific fees to take part.

“Unlike Celebrity Big Brother, housemates are not paid to participate as they have a chance of winning £100,000,” the rep commented.

Although C5 may not have shelled out CBB-style fees, all Big Brother housemates are paid a nominal stipend to cover their day-to-day expenses (such as rent and bills) while they are on the show.

Today’s edition of the Mail On Sunday alleged that Marco Jnr’s place in the Big Brother house was ‘arranged’ for him by an executive producer who was friends with fiancée – but Channel 5 has vehemently denied the report.

In a statement issued to bbspy, the broadcaster said: “Marco’s fiancée isn’t ‘an ex-school chum’ of any of the Executive Producers, and we have no reason to believe that she knows any member of the team.”

Read more: http://www.bbspy.co.uk/bb17/news/061...#ixzz4EVRDrsMf
That post says they're paid money to cover their rents and day to day costs.

Last edited by Greg!; 15-07-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2016, 07:33 PM #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
That post says they're paid money to cover their rents and day to day costs.
Yeah Greg, I know - I emboldened it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
im skint and a single mum, lateysha