Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 15-07-2017, 09:40 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
I always guessed that behind all that silly laughter and she saying thank you thank you there was an underlying problem. I think Simone delivered as a housemate and brought much more than Charlotte who has been in there since the start
you clever cookie rionablue - I should have picked up on this and I am so disappointed with myself as I judged her not noing all of this.

I wish her all the best.
waterhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 10:03 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Yes,felt really sorry for her,her happiness in the house was obviously hiding a shedful of issues
I agree. and i've always thought she was an oddball but I quite liked her all the same.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 10:11 AM #28
Team Grrumpy

Team Grrumpy

It was obvious from the beginning that there were underlying issues and Simone hinted at that several times. Her coping mechanisms, whilst seemingly odd, seem to work for her. She did deliver more than Charlotte has in the short time she was there. She is an individual character and individual people tend to get a bit of flack because others don't understand them. I admire that she did not give a sob story before her entry. She easily could have done. I wish her luck.
mr rochester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 10:31 AM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rochester View Post
It was obvious from the beginning that there were underlying issues and Simone hinted at that several times. Her coping mechanisms, whilst seemingly odd, seem to work for her. She did deliver more than Charlotte has in the short time she was there. She is an individual character and individual people tend to get a bit of flack because others don't understand them. I admire that she did not give a sob story before her entry. She easily could have done. I wish her luck.
Old 15-07-2017, 10:58 AM #30
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi
Virtual Biscuit Eater

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr rochester View Post
Totally true.

She didn't come into the show on the back of a sob story (like they do on x factor)

She didn't give it the big sob story INSIDE the house either. She could have totally played that card when everyone was against her. But she didn't, She kept up the prankster persona and tried to stay upbeat (even if she did a bad job of it)

So many people USE their background as a weapon in arguments " you don't know what i've been through" etc etc. We have heard it from Hannah and Chanelle in there, Andrew also uses his 'upset/offended' thing as a weapon in arguments. It;s a bit of a low move.

None of that from Simone. She tried to make the most of it and be playful and upbeat and not kick off. OK so she got it wrong in the house. But fair play to her for doing her best, and not slip into old habits and kick off and get aggressive (like Chanelle has on two warnings).

Simone's confessions and upset last night on the interview were totally real. We all felt it. She didn't milk it. But after holding in her emotions etc for so long inside the house, her leaving was like a dam breaking and the truth and emotion all came flooding out.

Best and most human moment of this series so far has come from Simone in that interview! Who'd have thought it?

Good luck to her. You really can't knock someone for trying.

Last edited by Robodog; 15-07-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Robodog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:11 AM #31

No, I still dislike her persona. Everybody has sth bad happen in their life. I really don't appreciate her sh***-stirring and later playing the victim. That by itself is neither a coping mechanism, nor a "I just wanted to have fun". You can have fun without going arour aggravating people. And yes, she has a sh*t eating grin patronising laughing in somebody's coping mechanism, when she gets in a stressful situation...erm, who got her into these situations in the first place. That's right, herself 99% of the time.

I feel for her bad childhood, but she can't expect people to excuse her stirring forever
. Or the fact. That she obviously doesn't think before she speaks, even seems it unnecessary.
Alisch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:16 AM #32

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Oh please NO Please tell me no one fell for that utter pile of bollox last night ? No a single tear ,Im shocked ( but not surprised really) that people fell for it
Nope, not me.
She will use anything to get her attention, and she is a liar, can't trust a word she says.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 12:34 PM #33
0_o

0_o

I think she might have told Sue all of this (maybe before they went into the house) and this is why Sue seemed to 'get her' more than anyone else
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 02:11 PM #34

Have always liked her but I would also add that there are most likely other HMs who have had a rough life - but good for Simone & I'm kinda glad she is out of there because she is better than them all.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 02:57 PM #35
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Nope, not me.
She will use anything to get her attention, and she is a liar, can't trust a word she says.
Totally agree,I noticed she never said about HER being a thug who beat up a woman so bad she spent time in jail

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 15-07-2017 at 02:58 PM.
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 03:33 PM #36

Default No change here

I'm amazed so many have accepted the "Poor, poor, me" act in the leaving interview. I watched very closely right through to the dabbing her eyes with a tissue episode at the end and there wasn't a single tear. Many of us have a chequered past, but it doesn't make us mean spirited, compulsive liars.
johne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 03:48 PM #37
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne View Post
I'm amazed so many have accepted the "Poor, poor, me" act in the leaving interview. I watched very closely right through to the dabbing her eyes with a tissue episode at the end and there wasn't a single tear. Many of us have a chequered past, but it doesn't make us mean spirited, compulsive liars.
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 03:57 PM #38
A great thief

A great thief

I did feel bad for her last night, I do think she was being genuine despite the lack of tears. I didn't like her overall in the house but I like the fact that she got to explain herself and why she was the way she was.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:05 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne View Post
I could be wrong but I doubt many people have been in and out of prison as much as she has, so they really shouldn't be judging her so harshly. That alone would tip me over the edge, nevermind everything else she's had to cope with.

Last edited by Nancy.; 15-07-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:35 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy. View Post
I could be wrong but I doubt many people have been in and out of prison as much as she has, so they really shouldn't be judging her so harshly. That alone would tip me over the edge, nevermind everything else she's had to cope with.
Not sure why she shouldnt be judged for being in and out of prison, its hardly commendable. plenty of people have **** lives and manage to not get sent down. I don't doubt she's had it a bit tough and she was a great housemate but that's as far as it goes for me.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:40 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy. View Post
I'm trying not to be too mean to her, but the fact that she has been in and out of prison isn't something external to her, or something that she is a "victim" of, she went to prison due to her own actions. I don't know her history, but I presume to get to such a point you have to offend over and over again before the legal system resorts to prison. She would have to demonstrate genuine change for me to feel sorry for her, not simply fake tears and self pity in one 5 minute interview.
johne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 06:43 PM #42

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault

I'm glad she's gone, and I think she's too fragile to have gone in in the first place.
Anaesthesia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 06:46 PM #43

Favourites (more):
BB18: Deborah
CBB19: Coleen Nolan

Favourites (more):
BB18: Deborah
CBB19: Coleen Nolan

I wanted her to stay in the house so no, i never thought bad of her.
SteveG2688 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
changed, opinion, simone